Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, deirdra said:

Just because she posted a pic of herself riding a bus doesn't mean she's going to school.

I still maintain that's a total fiction.  She has umpteen pix of coffee and yoga and brunch and pensive poses but nothing to even indicate that she's on a college campus.  If she were really attending classes I would think she'd be sharing her deep thoughts about learning and knowledge.  Instead we get cooking "lessons".  Blergh.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

Why is Mariah home so often for brunchy lunch on weekdays?  Doesn't she have classes to attend and interning to do?

Right? Nowhere on the stupid humble -brag ‘I’m so busy and important’ schedule she once posted, was there room for leisurely brunches. What a fraud.

• Love 8

Did she ever post pictures of herself on campus?  She certainly hasn't seemed to lately.  I wish someone would support me so I could navel-gaze and eat large brunches and do rudimentary yoga.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, Elbow said:

Getting a Master's doesn't involve class schedules like undergrad or even grad school...

But is does involve a lot of work!  I certainly didn't have time to spend mornings & afternoons going to coffeeshops and making cooking & yoga videos. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

But is does involve a lot of work! 

Silly you!  Princess Snowflake declared that it is just a lot of "reading and thinking".  Guess you made it harder than it had to be.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

But is does involve a lot of work!  I certainly didn't have time to spend mornings & afternoons going to coffeeshops and making cooking & yoga videos. 

Drinking coffee, eating and exercising don't seem too outlandish of activities to work into a self-created schedule to me. She grew up on a reality show and her entire generation films every single thing they do, so, Mariah making the mundane public and preserved for posterity, also, seems simply part for the course. That she's, also, gotten herself certified as a yoga instructor lends more pragmatism to the yoga vids, i.e. something for potential clients to look at. 

I grew up in academia, my parents and step-parents and all of their friends and lovers were professors. It's not unusual for people to take their time completing these advanced degrees and it's, also, not unusual for people to drive themselves to nervous breakdowns by spending every waking moment working on their thesis until they collapse and are forced, for health reasons, to take time off. She seems to be working at a pace that works for her and is being careful to not get so one-track that she loses her psychological footing. It looks to me like she's learned some of the most important things her major could offer and is practicing what she'll be preaching as she gets those clinical hours in, which she very well may be doing right now.

Edited by Elbow
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

THIS (Seriously, I think we all know what coffee is.  Many of us have even HAD coffee in the past.  How many times can you photograph coffee and act like this is the most wonderful, fresh, woke, creative thing ever?)  As you say, a little bit of humor would not go awry.

8 hours ago, deirdra said:

Just because she posted a pic of herself riding a bus doesn't mean she's going to school.  And yes, we've seen coffee and ridden buses before.

Im sorry ya’ll.  I’m confused... what is this “coffee” that you speak of?   Is this a common thing?  🙄🙄

• LOL 10
58 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Im sorry ya’ll.  I’m confused... what is this “coffee” that you speak of?   Is this a common thing?  🙄🙄

It is a very important, woke, queer(or straight - coffee is very inclusive), socially conscious beverage.  Since every cup is a new, unique experience it is VERY important to regularly take pictures and post them on social media.  Coffee is also much better if it costs $5.00 a cup in a café rather than $.39 at home.

Edited by DaphneCat
The price of coffee is very important.
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

It is the nectar of the gods.... best enjoyed black, in my opinion. One of my favourite quotes:

"What do you want?"
"Just coffee. Black - like my soul."

---Cassandra Clare

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, deirdra said:

"Some of the books in Mariah's untouched pile don't look like books in a Social Justice Warrior wanna be program".

Agreed.  I've partaken in several feminist theory courses, and Foucault was all the rage.  Aristotle was more in the areas of Western Civ., history, and philosophy. 

This was my experience, your mileage may vary.  😊

• Love 5

I’m going to cut Mariah a little bit of slack, because I remember that feeling of being in college and being exposed to ideas outside of anything I had ever heard in my family or high school. I was probably insufferable early in my college years, quoting my philosophy and women’s studies professors like I was the first person to ever have those ideas. She was raised in a religious, patriarchal household, so to figure out you’re gay and to figure out you don’t agree with most of the principals on which you were raised AND to be surrounded by people supporting your new found belief system can be intoxicating. She’s a little older than I was when I got over my adolescent narcissism, but she’s also come of age A) as a reality show “star” with way more people interested in her than the average college student and B) in this age of social media where people share every minute thought they have and detail of their day. I was in college and grad school in the late 90s/early 00s, and I am so thankful that no internet record of my youthful arrogance exists! 

I also think she meant “grad school is just reading and thinking and talking” or whatever the quote was as a positive thing. There is definitely a stark difference when you get to grad school between what you get to do there and what you’re used to from undergrad. In undergrad, you’re still doing general education requirements, so even if your passion is social justice or whatever, you’re doing math tests and science labs and writing basic essays on basic texts. There is something magical about getting into a grad school class with just a professor and 8 other students and seeing the difference in the way you’re treated. You do get to dissect the texts and have deep discussions in which the professor wants your thoughts, not just for you to regurgitate theirs. It can be intoxicating. Did she oversimplify the work of grad school? For sure! My masters is in a field similar to what she’s doing, and it was hard work... but it was fun and exciting and invigorating in a way undergrad isn’t.

Edited by truebluesmoky
  • Useful 8
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

I’m going to cut Mariah a little bit of slack, because I remember that feeling of being in college and being exposed to ideas outside of anything I had ever heard in my family or high school. I was probably insufferable early in my college years, quoting my philosophy and women’s studies professors like I was the first person to ever have those ideas. She was raised in a religious, patriarchal household, so to figure out you’re gay and to figure out you don’t agree with most of the principals on which you were raised AND to be surrounded by people supporting your new found belief system can be intoxicating. She’s a little older than I was when I got over my adolescent narcissism, but she’s also come of age A) as a reality show “star” with way more people interested in her than the average college student and B) in this age of social media where people share every minute thought they have and detail of their day. I was in college and grad school in the late 90s/early 00s, and I am so thankful that no internet record of my youthful arrogance exists! 

I also think she meant “grad school is just reading and thinking and talking” or whatever the quote was as a positive thing. There is definitely a stark difference when you get to grad school between what you get to do there and what you’re used to from undergrad. In undergrad, you’re still doing general education requirements, so even if your passion is social justice or whatever, you’re doing math tests and science labs and writing basic essays on basic texts. There is something magical about getting into a grad school class with just a professor and 8 other students and seeing the difference in the way you’re treated. You do get to dissect the texts and have deep discussions in which the professor wants your thoughts, not just for you to regurgitate theirs. It can be intoxicating. Did she oversimplify the work of grad school? For sure! My masters is in a field similar to what she’s doing, and it was hard work... but it was fun and exciting and invigorating in a way undergrad isn’t.

Good points. I sure hope she gets over her narcissism/know-it-all-ness because I do want to like her. Once you start to learn--really learn--you realize there's so much more to go and you become more humble about it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, truebluesmoky said:

1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Good points. I sure hope she gets over her narcissism/know-it-all-ness because I do want to like her. Once you start to learn--really learn--you realize there's so much more to go and you become more humble about it. 

I always remind myself that Mariah was the one child who was the most religious.  Going to special bible classes before school and being more dedicated than any of her siblings. Reading about Mormonism and the way it is expected to take over every aspect of your life (like any other fundamentalist or cult based ideology) I see that in the way Mariah shares and posts.  She has all her life had to declare her testimony and pray until she feels the spirit etc etc, and her life now is just the same, but with the student/gay twist. Now that she shed the Mormon title, she shares her testimony of books, yoga, coffee, preening over the stove. Every little moment of her life no longer has God's hand on it and she mentally just changed gears into the Church of Mariah (closely connected to, but not affiliated with the Independent Church of Kody Brown)

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

9 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I always remind myself that Mariah was the one child who was the most religious.  Going to special bible classes before school and being more dedicated than any of her siblings. Reading about Mormonism and the way it is expected to take over every aspect of your life (like any other fundamentalist or cult based ideology) I see that in the way Mariah shares and posts.  She has all her life had to declare her testimony and pray until she feels the spirit etc etc, and her life now is just the same, but with the student/gay twist. Now that she shed the Mormon title, she shares her testimony of books, yoga, coffee, preening over the stove. Every little moment of her life no longer has God's hand on it and she mentally just changed gears into the Church of Mariah (closely connected to, but not affiliated with the Independent Church of Kody Brown)

You have all phrased it much better than I have but I tend to agree.  TrueBlue, you've acknowledged that you were probably pretty insufferable when younger (as I'm sure I was too!) and that is, I think, the frustration people feel regarding her.  She's not spouting hate or otherwise harmful messages - she's saying things many people agree with. 

And Roslyn, you make a really good point as to how she hasn't figured out how to differentiate between important and mundane.    

I think we snark on the endless coffee/brunch posts because we're all hoping she realizes that most of us eat and drink - and the things she eating and drinking are not really that different or interesting.

• Love 10

After she completes her degree and gets 5 or more years of real life post-TLC under her belt, Mariah would be in a good position to describe what she has learned since her bible school days in a patriarchal cult.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8

Heeeelllo skinny filter! She looks as ridiculous and unrealistic as Meri makes herself appear body wise. That’s not your real torso Pudge.  Funny, instead filtering her body so much, she should have chosen to work on her face, she could pass for her grandma Bonnie’s twin here. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Heeeelllo skinny filter! She looks as ridiculous and unrealistic as Meri makes herself appear body wise. That’s not your real torso Pudge.  Funny, instead filtering her body so much, she should have chosen to work on her face, she could pass for her grandma Bonnie’s twin here. 

Omg.  Lollipop head.  She looks 70 years old with this filter (no offense to 70 year olds, I am there soon enough).  Ugh. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

It cannot be said enough: she looks so damn old! I know no one owes anyone their looks or size or appearance blah blah blah, but as much as she touts her super healthy meals and yoga and spin classes (is she still doing those? Haven’t seen a congratulatory, sweat stained selfie lately) and other awesome woke folx lifestyle, why does she look so ragged and wrinkly. I just want to hand her a few gallons of water and a vat of moisturizer. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I just want to hand her a few gallons of water and a vat of moisturizer. 

Well, with the amount of caffeine in those soup bowl sized "cups" of coffee I'm sure she needs to rehydrate.  I can't even imagine the number of calories in those plus the giant croissant.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I saw this picture and I said the same thing.  Really??

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

She made herself resemble a tyrannosaurus rex--big head, little arms.

ETA: Seriously, I don't get these women and their skinny filters. Just work out and reduce food intake, that'll solve it. No filters (that look stupid) needed. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 13

Where exactly is she, anyway?  If she's in Chicago, why is she wearing a tank top?  It's not currently summer here in the upper midwest!

And no lie, when I first saw this, I thought - aw, who is that cute little 75-year old grandma sipping a latte?  Imagine my shock when I discovered who it actually was.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

OK this picture has me completely confused.  I thought Mariah was espousing body positivity - i.e. it's more important that I work on being as strong and healthy as I can rather than focus on how my body looks.  If I lose weight it is the result of working to get strong and eating healthy foods, not because I'm on some unsustainable "diet."  I hoped this was something genuine about Mariah.  But the minute you decide you need a skinny filter you pretty much give up your body positivity card.  Everyone knows this is not real - she couldn't have possibly lost that much weight since her last post so what exactly IS the reason for the filter?

• Love 20
Just now, DakotaJustice said:

I drink coffee all the time and do not care for it to be piping hot. You can't TASTE something when your tongue is burning off! 

Plus, just ask that poor woman who was scalded by piping hot McDonald's coffee.

Got to disagree there.  I HATE tepid coffee.

• Love 3

Happy medium here.  I grind my beans, Mr. Coffee does the brewing, and I fill my cup 3/4 full, and top it off with 1/4 cup cold water.  What I hate is watery coffee, so I use a lot since I water it down for immediate consumption.

That picture makes her look flat as a pancake on top.  Didn't she recently post a picture declaring "bras are stupid" and her ample boobs were front and center?

I wonder if she's getting so-called haters telling her she's too fat?  Of course, she'd immediately get rid of those pesky commenters.

• Love 6

Is she married already or did Audge give her an engagement ring too?

Is she in premature menopause at 24? Always in tank tops in the middle of winter.

Floundering Manatee one day, Skinny Grandma the next - yeah, right. One of her followers was wondering if she is getting too thin. LOL. They should see SofaSloth's version.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Adiba said:

All I can think of when I see that pic is Mariah with that tank top grossing out other customers with her “woke” unshaven hairy pits. 🤮

Eh.  Her body, her body hair.  Men tend to have a lot more underarm hair but no one ever says they need to shave their underarms.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Eh.  Her body, her body hair.  Men tend to have a lot more underarm hair but no one ever says they need to shave their underarms.  

True, but I don’t like seeing men’s pit hair, either when I’m eating. Just a quirk of mine— no tank tops or shirtless guys in a cafe or establishment that serves food— but I’m old-fashioned, I guess.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Adiba said:

True, but I don’t like seeing men’s pit hair, either when I’m eating. Just a quirk of mine— no tank tops or shirtless guys in a cafe or establishment that serves food— but I’m old-fashioned, I guess.

No, that's just your aesthetic - which isn't wrong.  But there could be many other patrons who don't really care.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

folx! This is just who i am, i just drink all these piping-hot full cream coffees and eat huge calorie-laden brunches with fried things and croissants daily (and pizza’s for a snack). i exercise my mind with books i claim to read, do slow-paced yoga for the camera occasionally and this is just how I look overnight! Plus you’ve seen how thin my mom is. What’s so unbelievable here? 
3A4ED972-5627-4448-9A22-5629A1AFDF54.jpeg.203ce8f412c589872973033ebaf925e6.jpeg

😂😂

I also love how @Sofa Sloth's skinny filter made the croissant look three times as large.  Literally laugh-choking over here!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

OK this picture has me completely confused.  I thought Mariah was espousing body positivity - i.e. it's more important that I work on being as strong and healthy as I can rather than focus on how my body looks.  If I lose weight it is the result of working to get strong and eating healthy foods, not because I'm on some unsustainable "diet."  I hoped this was something genuine about Mariah.  But the minute you decide you need a skinny filter you pretty much give up your body positivity card.  Everyone knows this is not real - she couldn't have possibly lost that much weight since her last post so what exactly IS the reason for the filter?

This x 1,000!!!!!! Nailed it!

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.1ab1decee07af9634ae01a13a5e420bf.jpeg

More yoga from the Snowflake 🙄

image.thumb.jpeg.333d537c4cac49b00da413f356797473.jpeg

I don't really care how large or small anyone is, be happy healthy and whatnot.  I WILL say, those brunches are leaving some extra weight behind.  She looks heavier.

• Love 11