Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

That’s what’s dumb about the internet nowadays. Anyone can record themselves doing anything and post it, even if the activity is mediocre in nature (like a sorry skillet breakfast). It’s like the child at the pool: “Mom! Mom! LOOK, mom! Mom WATCH me!” Child jumps into pool. Repeat. 

That’s what Mariah is doing, mundane shit that everyone does—except she isn’t 5 any more. 

Yup.  You've hit on exactly why I hate social media.  EVERYTHING is noteworthy.  I don't actually think Mariah is any worse than most of her generation but I can not WAIT for this trend to be over.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Yup.  You've hit on exactly why I hate social media.  EVERYTHING is noteworthy.  I don't actually think Mariah is any worse than most of her generation but I can not WAIT for this trend to be over.

I heard a discussion on TV a while back and one lady said sm provides a platform where it's OK to brag hiding behind the label of "lifestyle" blogger... They aren't bragging they're just sharing their lifestyle.

It used to be considered rude to go around tooting your own horn but not anymore... I'm gonna show off every new item I buy, take pics every time I go out to eat, show off my new car and all the new clothes I'm wearing, I'll talk about my fabulous vacation to some tropical paradise and post endless selfies of meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! 

And then after all that I'll tell you how I need self care to recover from all that travelling, shopping and eating out etc, etc...  🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I heard a discussion on TV a while back and one lady said sm provides a platform where it's OK to brag hiding behind the label of "lifestyle" blogger... They aren't bragging they're just sharing their lifestyle.

It used to be considered rude to go around tooting your own horn but not anymore... I'm gonna show off every new item I buy, take pics every time I go out to eat, show off my new car and all the new clothes I'm wearing, I'll talk about my fabulous vacation to some tropical paradise and post endless selfies of meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! 

And then after all that I'll tell you how I need self care to recover from all that travelling, shopping and eating out etc, etc...  🙄

This times about a billion.  And somehow, your life is just so INTERESTING!!!  You made a salad - post it.  You're reading a book - post it.  You're watching a movie and drinking wine - post it.  What's next - you washed the dishes and took out the garbage?

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

And somehow, your life is just so INTERESTING!!

I think that's what is so mystifying.  Do they really think anyone cares a hoot about their new sweater or a picture of a cake they baked?  Seriously? 

Was this the generation where every kid had to be praised no matter how crappy they did and everyone got a medal just for showing up? I was teaching at a junior college and I seriously was asked by a student if he would be given credit for coming to class.   Dude, it's your JOB to come to class.  That's what mommy and daddy are paying for.

This COL has lost track of the years of the "let them do whatever they want, praise them no matter what, never correct or you'll destroy their spirit" generation.   But then I can never remember the timeline for any generation but the Boomers anyway.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I think that's what is so mystifying.  Do they really think anyone cares a hoot about their new sweater or a picture of a cake they baked?  Seriously? 

Was this the generation where every kid had to be praised no matter how crappy they did and everyone got a medal just for showing up? I was teaching at a junior college and I seriously was asked by a student if he would be given credit for coming to class.   Dude, it's your JOB to come to class.  That's what mommy and daddy are paying for.

This COL has lost track of the years of the "let them do whatever they want, praise them no matter what, never correct or you'll destroy their spirit" generation.   But then I can never remember the timeline for any generation but the Boomers anyway.

Oh yes, and the million selfies?  Drives me nuts.  

• Love 8

I feel the same way about witnessing these mundane workouts and cooking sessions on social media...

Who are these weirdos that want to witness a half-naked and chubby manatee, floundering around her living room with her filthy yoga mat and hairy pits? I sure as shit don’t and if really felt the inclination, I’d just record myself and watch it back, because at least I take a shower daily and wash my mat.

The same as her cooking. I do that at least once a day snowflake, in my own kitchen. It’s not interesting, or special. You’re not making an exciting recipe and you are not a professional chef, therefore it is not content worthy of posting to masses. 

It’s just sad, as obviously there ARE people out there who are desperate to fawn over any scrap of content these narcissistic D-listers throw out, and that makes it easy to keep the lazy Brown’s scamming money from their fan base, in the form of MLM/influencing/wellness blogging, which ultimately prevents them having to get real jobs like they should. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Bit more snark
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, suomi said:

Yep, in addition to humble bragging we now also have something called "virtue signaling."

Doing something good, or right, or noble, or generous, or charitable is no longer its own reward. It must be heralded and cataloged in public - bonus points for including lots of photos of someone who "benefited" from whatever it was you did or didn't do. 

My daughter provides gifts to a needy family during the Christmas holiday, which is well and good, but then she posts photos of "The _ _ _ _ Family" receiving and opening her gifts on Facebook. I think that is absolutely an invasion of privacy! (If they wanted to take photos and post them that would be a different story - but it's never happened that way AFAIK). 

My hell, when she was a kid we had a couple of slim Christmas mornings after I got divorced and she would have died ... DIED ... if the general public saw photos of someone donating food and gifts to our household., especially if we were named. 

My Nana used to say it's better to give with warm hands (while you are alive) and I agree with that. I think it's also better to give with quiet hands.

Pffftt. 

That's one reason I'm not on SM anymore - I volunteer a bunch, mostly thru my church, and I want to make sure I'm doing it from the heart, rather than being Ms. Humblebrag. 

• Love 12
On 2/4/2020 at 9:50 AM, laurakaye said:

I don't want any of you to panic, but in the second photo it looks like Pudge is out of coffee!  There's no coffee in her Yeti!!  No wonder her notebook page is blank!  

The page is not blank.  After a day of reading, talking and thinking, all she could come up with is "Power & Privilege" - deep social justice warrior thoughts.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Oh yes, and the million selfies?  Drives me nuts.  

I haven't seen natural expressions on the faces of my niece (17) and nephew (21) since they were toddlers.  Life is a now a series of selfies so they always have fake smiles or tongues out to express how much they love life. And the selfie faces persist when there is no camera or phone pointing at them.  

I'm seeing an ad for Canadian Tax software - a selfie chick in a red tuque and scarf with her tongue out.  No thanks! Who wants to use software designed for (and presumably by) brainless twits?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

True, I am a 70 yr old COL but I value my privacy. No way in the world would I be posting everything I did in a day/night on SM. $hit, I am not even on SM besides following a few TV shows and chefs on Twitter. Nothing any of us do on a day to day basis is of any interest to the general public, unless you are POTUS or maybe FLOTUS or maybe Megan Markle (I am so sad for her)...that poor woman was vilified on SM. 

These people really need to get over themselves!

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Love 13
24 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

The one thing I miss posting on SM are videos of my cats.

Ooooh I would watch those!  COL here with two adorable sassy cats. And a dog. And a horse.  Oh, and a husband who is actually pretty wonderful.  
Mariah posts so many pics of her coffee.  I have coffee daily, I make it in my Keurig.  I also buy coffee drinks from Dunn Brothers.  Who wants to see that?  No one.  

• Love 13
On 2/7/2020 at 12:19 PM, DakotaJustice said:

They reminded me of the last potatoes the Ingalls family probably ate during The Long Winter. Old and shriveled, but technically edible. 
We don't know if she cooked them first but I think she took em out of the fridge? I've never kept russets in the fridge - always in a cool dark place.

She did cook (bake) the potatoes first, that's how the skins got leathery and why it was so easy for her to cut them up in the video.  Their texture got even worse from cooking then putting them in the fridge, then putting them in a frying pan.  Just yuck.

On 2/7/2020 at 11:16 AM, Roslyn said:

Very. As in they looked like they were baked over a week ago and were dried out in the fridge until she decided to use them.  Those skins looked like they would be inedible to me.

Yes, exactly!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

This is precisely why I am not a social media person.  It is also contrary to my introverted nature to want the whole world to know about everything I do.  What makes it worse is people like Mariah think everything they do is so FANTASTIC because they didn't have parents or teachers that corrected them and instead let them think that everything they did was great.  Unfortunately in trying not to be as critical as their own parents were, these kids' parents created a monster.  Now everyone thinks they're an "expert" and shit diamonds, and all you stupid inferior COLs should just shut up, listen, learn and OBEY them and accept your subordinate PLACE in society beneath them...... Meanwhile they're as dumb and shallow as a box of rocks, can't read, write, cook, do anything very well but think they're BETTER THAN YOU at everything.  I only hope I live long enough to see them put in their place by the generations younger than them.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I feel the same way about witnessing these mundane workouts and cooking sessions on social media...

Who are these weirdos that want to witness a half-naked and chubby manatee, floundering around her living room with her filthy yoga mat and hairy pits? I sure as shit don’t and if really felt the inclination, I’d just record myself and watch it back, because at least I take a shower daily and wash my mat.

The same as her cooking. I do that at least once a day snowflake, in my own kitchen. It’s not interesting, or special. You’re not making an exciting recipe and you are not a professional chef, therefore it is not content worthy of posting to masses. 

It’s just sad, as obviously there ARE people out there who are desperate to fawn over any scrap of content these narcissistic D-listers throw out, and that makes it easy to keep the lazy Brown’s scamming money from their fan base, in the form of MLM/influencing/wellness blogging, which ultimately prevents them having to get real jobs like they should. 

😂 🤣 Floundering manatee, that made my morning! 

The thing about Mariah is, aside from fans of the show and butt-kissers, she’s not that special a personality. In fact, she’s stale and bland (like those old potatoes she used).  There are so many things she could do to improve her videos—like wear clothes and keep her hair up while cooking (and learn to cook). 

I have nothing against SM influencers if they’ve got something interesting or approach it in a professional manner. Times change, so do ways to make income. Just don’t be mediocre about it (or greasy haired while cooking with your belly hanging out). 

Edited by TurtlePower
Autoincorrect
  • Love 15

Why Mariah just why?  Does she actually have any followers interested in dyed black hair, unshaven armpits and her fat butt in a wanna be yoga pose?

Why would she continue on?  Surely she reads the negative comments!  Surely she's aware since she's woken!!!!!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Surely she reads the negative comments! 

Yes, but those are just from non-woke haters so those comments are ignored and the posters are blocked.  Because, you know, she's a deep, highly intelligent, woke person whose job in life it so educate the masses.  She, herself, is already enlightened.  She only listens to the voices inside her own head.  The rest of the world is superfluous.

• Love 13
On 2/6/2020 at 12:18 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Is recreational pot legal in IL?  I believe it is.  I know Snowflake has mentioned CBD before.

Yes, this year. Everyone in WI is running for the border. 

ETA: 20 year yoga practitioner here.....she’s a super beginner. No skill at all. 

Edited by Quickbeam
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

Yes, this year. Everyone in WI is running for the border. 

ETA: 20 year yoga practitioner here.....she’s a super beginner. No skill at all. 

Twenty day yoga practitioner here (okay, 30 days of January challenge) -- she's a super beginner. My non-flexible, no-skill self is better than that. Difference is, I know it. 

• Love 10

I like how Mariah’s big news is shared and Janelle puts out a tweet saying she has stinky feet and Kody puts out a tweet how Little Ariella doesn’t even know who she is and calls her Audrey lol.  You’d think she call them both Mariah.  I bet her and big Mer loved that.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I like how Mariah’s big news is shared and Janelle puts out a tweet saying she has stinky feet and Kody puts out a tweet how Little Ariella doesn’t even know who she is and calls her Audrey lol.  You’d think she call them both Mariah.  I bet her and big Mer loved that.

I just threw up in my mouth a little. Stinky feet?!? Gag.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

So not only does Janelle have digestive issues but also feet that smell like moldy cheese - no wonder Kody stuck her out in the country - maybe that is why it took so long to sell her house with the stank feet smell looming in the carpets. I doubt she will get her security deposit back from this place too

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 2/9/2020 at 6:13 AM, TurtlePower said:

😂 🤣 Floundering manatee, that made my morning! 

The thing about Mariah is, aside from fans of the show and butt-kissers, she’s not that special a personality. In fact, she’s stale and bland (like those old potatoes she used).  There are so many things she could do to improve her videos—like wear clothes and keep her hair up while cooking (and learn to cook). 

I have nothing against SM influencers if they’ve got something interesting or approach it in a professional manner. Times change, so do ways to make income. Just don’t be mediocre about it (or greasy haired while cooking with your belly hanging out). 

Or, as the kids say, she's so basic.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Yup.  She wants a synopsis of each book from her sycophants, so she won't have to crack open any of the books, and can bullshit her way through any tests that her program requires.

Lazy as shit.  Hey Pudge, why not just buy the Cliff's Notes?  What a tool.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Wow, Ariella not recognizing Mariah is sad. Are any of the kids close to each other that aren't full siblings?  

The thing I found odd is that she remembers who Audrey is and not Mariah, you’d think she see Mariah as much, if not more than Audrey or maybe Audrey actually is interacting with the child.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yup.  She wants a synopsis of each book from her sycophants, so she won't have to crack open any of the books, and can bullshit her way through any tests that her program requires.

Lazy as shit.  Hey Pudge, why not just buy the Cliff's Notes?  What a tool.

Naw, too much trouble; she'll just go to Amazon or Goodreads for reviews.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

If  you believe for a hot second she's actually read Aristotle, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

Are you willing to trade it for a slightly-used hose?

10 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

The thing I found odd is that she remembers who Audrey is and not Mariah, you’d think she see Mariah as much, if not more than Audrey or maybe Audrey actually is interacting with the child.

I felt like that tweet from Kody was a passive-aggressive jab from Kody to Meri.  Why would a father put that out into the universe...that his beloved last daughter Ariabelliloa doesn't remember his Very Special Daughter Mariah?  That's actually kind of cruel and even if it's true, why let the world at large know about it?  To remind Meri that the only fruit of her womb is living so far away that the family is forgetting she exists? 

Plus Kody is a jerk and I think that literally everything that man puts out on social media is a passive-aggressive jab at someone, usually Meri.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, JDAlexander said:

Reading her comment, all I have to say is she is trying way too hard to distance herself from her parents (or maybe just shock them).  Looks, sounds as phony as the rest of the clan.

All of those books look crisp and new, probably $300-350 worth in that stack.  I don't think she's pulling in that kind of money as an Influencer or her "donation only" yoga classes.  It may be safe to assume that Meri is providing her with the funds to enlighten herself, so she in turn, can sneer at the rest of the family for not being as Woke as herself.

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

All of those books look crisp and new, probably $300-350 worth in that stack.  I don't think she's pulling in that kind of money as an Influencer or her "donation only" yoga classes.  It may be safe to assume that Meri is providing her with the funds to enlighten herself, so she in turn, can sneer at the rest of the family for not being as Woke as herself.

Ya know, I really want to like Mariah. She's finishing what she set out to do and did not drop college to get married. I like that, unlike certain other females of the family who discarded their dreams and goals. 

But, Mariah is a conceited jerk who thinks she knows it all. If she were more laid back, didn't take herself so damn seriously and admitted she's got a lot to learn in life, I just might like her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

But, Mariah is a conceited jerk who thinks she knows it all. If she were more laid back, didn't take herself so damn seriously and admitted she's got a lot to learn in life, I just might like her. 

THIS.  A lot of what she says is not all that outrageous.  I don't even think she's that much worse than a lot of her generation, but the constant posting of EVERYTHING she does, along with acting like it is so wonderful everyone MUST follow her example is exhausting.  (Seriously, I think we all know what coffee is.  Many of us have even HAD coffee in the past.  How many times can you photograph coffee and act like this is the most wonderful, fresh, woke, creative thing ever?)  As you say, a little bit of humor would not go awry.

• Love 16
18 hours ago, deirdra said:

Mariah: "has anyone read any of these books? curious on your thoughts!"

She hasn't cracked any of the books - is she hoping followers will write her book reports for her?

Bwahahaha! Mariah's punkng us...has been since this semester began, with her pics of college buildings, reading lists, and open journals ever at the ready for her to jot down deep thoughts.  Deep hurting is more like it.  🙄😁

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Bwahahaha! Mariah's punkng us...has been since this semester began, with her pics of college buildings, reading lists, and open journals ever at the ready for her to jot down deep thoughts.  Deep hurting is more like it.  🙄😁

I know a university administrator who got a call from parents wondering how their boy was doing. He had to tell them that privacy laws prevented him from telling them anything and they should talk to their son. Apparently sonny had been kicked out for a year, but mommy had been dropping him off and picking him up for months.  In between he played a lot of pool & pinball while hanging out.  Some of the books in Mariah's untouched pile don't look like books in a Social Justice Warrior wanna be program. Just because she posted a pic of herself riding a bus doesn't mean she's going to school.  And yes, we've seen coffee and ridden buses before.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6