Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

On 1/29/2020 at 2:05 PM, Fig Newton said:

I honestly can not think of a profession that actually doing the work OF the work is not part of how one learns. Of course she would need face-to-face experience in order to complete requirements for her MSW. Unless times have changed, it requires 2 years internship in addition to class work. Plus, client process recordings and presentations. So, where does she find the time (and SO much of it) to do all these other ridiculous things? It irks me that these reality TV posers (think Jeremy-Counting On) are possibly getting a degree without the same requirements the rest of us need. A degree of any kind is a great accomplishment. A Masters is another great accomplishment. But, it is only an accomplishment if you put in the work to earn it. Key word here -EARN..... the degree. I earned mine. I am sure you earned your nursing degree.

Imagine you are assigned a social worker and you end up with woke Mariah with no experience or hands on learning. Just sweaty yoga pants, a muffin and a cup of coffee.😫🤬

Y'all know I think she is a twit, but, if one is in a program with specializations in indirect practice, as I was, back in the day, there would be no client interactions as such.  The internships would be in PNP or state agencies, or other related agencies where maybe clients would be served,but not that kind of internship.  I have an MSW and a License but I don't deal in individual clients.  But I still think she is a twit.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
Just now, Kohola3 said:

Out of curiosity, did you get  your degree just by reading books?

Of course not, but, we don't really know what her school days consist of.  Not that I am defending her.  She carefully curates her posts.  Is that everything she does?  Does she go to class?  Does she participate?  We can snark on all of it (and we do!), but, we don't know the entire story.  I'm guessing she would flunk out if all she did was what she posted.  And maybe she has and we would find that out sooner or later.  The problem with the TLC "scripted reality" shows and carefully curated Instagram posts is that they are not the entire story of a true real life.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Of course not, but, we don't really know what her school days consist of.  Not that I am defending her.  She carefully curates her posts.

Obviously we don't know everything.  But to publicly post:  "grateful that grad school is just a bunch of reading + thinking + talking" does not really look good for her school, it seems to me.  If I were her grad adviser I might be somewhat peeved. 

But, then maybe they do have a "phone it in" program.  Turn in a few book reports, think for a while and, bam, here's your MSW.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

"can't keep me out of the kitchen rn".  So now she's a registered nurse?  Code for something?

And how the hell can she afford shopping at Whole Paycheck Foods all of the time?

i was thinking the same thing...

all organic.. nothing but the best for Pudge... but she still needs endless "self care" and days off for her cute uterus...  I cant imagine what she'll do if the "Bank of Meri" ever goes broke.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Mariah is not hard to understand.

Think about Kody's personality for a few seconds.

Now think about Meri's personality for a few more.

What do you get when you mix them together?

Meri and her Mini Me? rewatching those episodes in Season 6, which included, Mariah pouting in the driveway, crying because she can't live in her house.  the one where Meri was almost $5K over budget.....(maybe Mom should have filled out all the paperwork on time) and her whining over wanting to go back to Utah to her $28K a year college.  Not long after you get to see Meri throwing a tantrum over not having the best seats at the graduation,  Both needy, greedy,  selfish, spoiled crybabies.  (and Ugly Criers)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I dare not think of where she is going to apply that "comfort balm".  There is ~$200 worth of CBD products in this picture.

Did she get the cbd dog treats as well?  Might make a nice snack to pose with a coffee...

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

Of course Miss Woke wears a thumb ring and now shills CBD crap. Why am I not surprised?

Who wants to bet that CBD shows up in Janelle's postings as the game changing rock star one of these days.  That crap is everywhere right now and I don't think I've seen one reputable clinical study on its efficacy.

• Love 9

Excellent post, @LoneWolf.  Mariah spends so much time shilling and self-caring, I think it makes us wonder - when does she study and write and read and research?  She seems to waste an incredible amount of time posting her coffee, her dinner, her latest yoga pose, etc.  Is she even taking grad school seriously?  Or, more likely, did she choose social work to make herself look good?  I can't see anyone as obviously self-absorbed as Mariah actually being able to dill with the very real-life issues of others without making it about herself, which she learned at the knees of her mother and father. 

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Excellent post, @LoneWolf.  Mariah spends so much time shilling and self-caring, I think it makes us wonder - when does she study and write and read and research?  She seems to waste an incredible amount of time posting her coffee, her dinner, her latest yoga pose, etc.  Is she even taking grad school seriously?  Or, more likely, did she choose social work to make herself look good?  I can't see anyone as obviously self-absorbed as Mariah actually being able to dill with the very real-life issues of others without making it about herself, which she learned at the knees of her mother and father. 

Right?  She's not exactly self-less and giving.  In any way.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

Pasty and pallid is a “glow”? 

You can see her father's influence on her.  Of course Kody's nose ring is much larger and has a chain connected to it so that Robyn can yank him wherever she wants him to go, but Mariah can always trade that mini model out for a larger one at any time in the future!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I did not cut her head off, she did that. 😂

440A6535-1924-4EDC-8704-6530D7521C60.jpeg

Oh FFS.  *2* nose piercings?  I have nothing against them (I have one) but 2 seems stupid.  Plus I hate the bull ring.  I have yet to find someone I think, WOW. really rocking the septum ring.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Oh FFS.  *2* nose piercings?  I have nothing against them (I have one) but 2 seems stupid.  Plus I hate the bull ring.  I have yet to find someone I think, WOW. really rocking the septum ring.

She doesn't really need anything else to draw attention to that Schnoz.  Don't get me started on Meri's. 😑

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

rsz_screenshot_694.jpg

While you may get a possible increase in endorphins and vitamin D, the sun will not heal your illness, oh woke one.  No wonder she never made it as a doctor.

She always looks so pasty, puffy, bloated and pre-maturely aged facially, for one that claims to live such a healthy lifestyle - I’m perplexed by it personally. What is all this yoga and running and woke clean green eating doing for her? I guess it’s all cancelled out though when you wash it down with a giant latte or two and a whole pizza as a snack 🙄

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

While you may get a possible increase in endorphins and vitamin D, the sun will not heal your illness, oh woke one.  No wonder she never made it as a doctor.

She always looks so pasty, puffy, bloated and pre-maturely aged facially, for one that claims to live such a healthy lifestyle - I’m perplexed by it personally. What is all this yoga and running and woke clean green eating doing for her? I guess it’s all cancelled out though when you wash it down with a giant latte or two and a whole pizza as a snack 🙄

What is up with this family?  Guts rebelling, feeling unwell all the damn time, overwhelmed, jesus.  Get yo shit together!

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Pasty and pallid is a “glow”? 

Why yes, it is! I'm so pale I glow in the dark. Seriously--I'm so pale I have to buy the 'snow' and 'porcelain' makeup shades that very few brands carry, and in contrast to my very dark hair, I always joke about being a vampire! But I want to state for the record that I never take grinning, squinty-eyed, woke, sweaty, dirty-haired, pidgin-toed pictures and post them. 😂 😂 😂 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

I'm so pale that when I was ~12 my older sister said "white stockings aren't in style, you know". I wasn't wearing stockings. LOL.

If the sun is so important to her, when she was searching for grad school programs, why didn't she rule out places that are grey & cloudy 6 months of the year, like Chicago.  

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

Why yes, it is! I'm so pale I glow in the dark. Seriously--I'm so pale I have to buy the 'snow' and 'porcelain' makeup shades that very few brands carry, and in contrast to my very dark hair, I always joke about being a vampire! But I want to state for the record that I never take grinning, squinty-eyed, woke, sweaty, dirty-haired, pidgin-toed pictures and post them. 😂 😂 😂 

I should have mentioned Mariah would appear much less pallid and sick-looking if she didn’t dye her hair so dark. If you’re naturally dark, fine. 

on Mariah? It. Doesn’t. Work. She’s blonde. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I should have mentioned Mariah would appear much less pallid and sick-looking if she didn’t dye her hair so dark. If you’re naturally dark, fine. 

on Mariah? It. Doesn’t. Work. She’s blonde. 

Same with Maddie.  If she wanted to go red so as not to look like a clone of Janelle, strawberry blonde or light auburn would work, but the magenta & mahoganies don't.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Mariah seems to wear a different pair of shoes/boots/sneakers in every photo. How can she afford it and where does she store them all?  Woke people don't over-consume.

I think Pudge would exempt herself from those pesky consumption quotas.  Hypocrite.

• Love 8

Oh, boo-hoo, it's been cloudy.  Welcome to winter in Chicago, Snowflake.  The sun don't shine at your whim. Learn to live with it or move back to LV.

I live in northern Michigan and we haven't had a sunny day in 2 months.   Some winters are like that.

• Love 16

Buy a therapy light and suck it up, buttercup.  I live in WA state and that is what I have done in lieu of posting sad pictures and praying to some sun God or whatever crap she’s spewing. Grow up!  

• Love 17

I live in WA as well, and I fill lucky that my area gets more sunny days than the coastal areas.  I got a therapy light for my daughter when she moved way up north.  I would think the amazing woke Pudge would have heard of therapy lights, or at least have looked into depression.  I remember reading here something about Sludge being depressed.  Didn't they try some kind of treatment for her?  

• Love 7