Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Exactly! It’s like many professions. Book learning is one thing, and someone could be excellent at testing. Put that knowledge into teaching, and it’s another ballgame. 

It’s not easy to be able to train someone else. I detest training at my job, detest it I tell you! 

I agree, training sucks! Words you never want to hear from HR: "I'm putting *new hire* with you today"...Nooooo!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
13 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Fairly certain this is the course she did as she said she stayed here at this resort and the photos and location look similar (not sure if link will work)

https://sacredpathsyoga.com/yoga-teacher-training/bali/?gclid=CjwKCAjwxrzoBRBBEiwAbtX1n_3OeGM8jtX-juOG1F3afn0_5w1WORPk6lsZ0D1y0OG5Ro6cYssizxoCApoQAvD_BwE

Wow, the place is beautiful.  The meals themselves seem to represent the colors associated with the various chakras.  So pretty to look at and delicious, I bet.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Clarification.
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, lindalouwho said:

Seriously? $5000 for a month? Plus airfare? When I was in grad school, I didn’t have $5 that wasn’t accounted for. And again, I wonder how much TLC pays her to be mad at her mom and cry on camera.

LMAO!!!  AGREED!  When I was in grad school there was no way I could've afforded such a stunning place.  I don't recall many of my colleagues that could've, either.  We were happy just to be in grad school.  😎

• Love 7

Mariah wants so badly to be something special!  Special people are special through their education, work and helping others.  They don't have to say a word.

Mariah is exhausting with her 'look at me'!

• Love 13
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Is Mariah a people person? Will she have the ability to accept criticism from others and learn from it?

Well, we certainly have never seen any evidence of that.  Lets rewind to the fake ESA dog incident.  I imagine that the tantrums at the gate delayed the flight to the inconvenience of a planeload of people because, after all, it's All About the Queer Twins.  Then there was the social media rants about how ill-treated they were when they had absolutely no right or reason to drag those dogs on a plane.  It was a selfish, fake, grifting attempt at playing the system.  And we've seen no evidence whatsoever that there has been any growth in either of them.  They are still the center of the entire universe and only their blathering, disjointed declarations are worthy of notice.

This is not a person from whom I would take a class of any kind.

7 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Most of all, is Mariah able to spend an hour of her life NOT feeling it's ALL ABOUT HER?

Dollars to donuts the first person who doesn't follow her instructions will be kicked to the curb.  And since she's never done any kind of charitable work I  have to believe that she has little interest in anything that doesn't directly benefit her.  

My instructor is just as you described - all levels of ability feel comfortable in our classes, she modifies everything to accommodate our senior group so that everyone is included and she doesn't talk like she's the ultimate authority on all things spiritual.   I listen to her while, when Princess Pudge starts spouting her inane gibberish, she turns into Charlie Brown's teacher for me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, we certainly have never seen any evidence of that.  Lets rewind to the fake ESA dog incident.  I imagine that the tantrums at the gate delayed the flight to the inconvenience of a planeload of people because, after all, it's All About the Queer Twins.  Then there was the social media rants about how ill-treated they were when they had absolutely no right or reason to drag those dogs on a plane.  It was a selfish, fake, grifting attempt at playing the system.  And we've seen no evidence whatsoever that there has been any growth in either of them.  They are still the center of the entire universe and only their blathering, disjointed declarations are worthy of notice.

This is not a person from whom I would take a class of any kind.

Dollars to donuts the first person who doesn't follow her instructions will be kicked to the curb.  And since she's never done any kind of charitable work I  have to believe that she has little interest in anything that doesn't directly benefit her.  

My instructor is just as you described - all levels of ability feel comfortable in our classes, she modifies everything to accommodate our senior group so that everyone is included and she doesn't talk like she's the ultimate authority on all things spiritual.   I listen to her while, when Princess Pudge starts spouting her inane gibberish, she turns into Charlie Brown's teacher for me.

Personally I think what she might end up doing is an all too common error made by inexperienced Instructors - tuning out the participants - not making eye contact or even teaching with eyes closed - just doing their own workout and not making a connection. 

That's a problem I had early on - reluctant to make eye contact with participants. I was blessed with amazing group X managers who took the time to work on this with me and as a result became a much more confident person and a fairly popular utility instructor. 

Participants crave and appreciate a human connection. Otherwise they could just do a video or Peloton or something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

So now she made up a certificate just to post on social media? Wow. She can't win. Does the work, puts in 200 hours of training to pursue something she has a passion for, but she's still crapped on. Unbelievable.

Life is too short to wallow in such negativity.

I wonder if she added in the flight time to Bali in the 200 hours ?  Honestly, good for her if this is what she wants to do, I still don't "trust" her in what she speaks, especially since the ESA situation, and quite frankly I think she was a turd. Maybe now because she is "woke or queer or wearing white sneakers or away from Meri - she maybe better with the "tude" = something about her rubs me the wrong way   

• Love 11

I fill that Meri, and to a lesser degree, Kootie, have bent over backward for Mariah since day one, and even more so when it was apparent Meri was not able to squeeze out a full sibling for her.  Nothing was too good for the Princess Pudge.  Speshul Snowflake has exploited her mother's unfaithfulness for all it's been worth, since.  Sandy, you called it.  Baby wanted Bali, and mom was only too willing to kiss Baby's ass, and make it happen.

Baby is an insufferable little brat, and has been from the beginning of the show, as far as I'm concerned.  

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Baby is an insufferable little brat, and has been from the beginning of the show, as far as I'm concerned.  

Think back to that time when her half siblings set her up to show what a Prissy Princess she was.  It was hilarious when she got on her high horse and started lecturing them. 

Not much has changed except now she's lecturing the world via social media and trumpeting about woke, gay,  and in tune with the universe she is.   Plus the fashion commentary about queerness and white sneakers.  Full of yourself much?

• Love 14
(edited)
On 6/24/2019 at 5:20 AM, DakotaJustice said:

I think she's just using her student loan $$ to pay for it.

I'd like to know where she's getting her student loans through then cause I want to go on a 5000 dollar vacation with my student loans! Ha! I have 1200 leftover out of 11 grand and I have to use that to help pay bills.  I think Mommy Meri is paying for all of this out of guilt from the catfishing drama. I don't see Meri ever saying no to the Golden Child.

ETA Just so everyone knows I was being sarcastic about going on vacation with my student loans.

Edited by VegasVixen
edited to add
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Mariah wants so badly to be something special!  Special people are special through their education, work and helping others.  They don't have to say a word.

Mariah is exhausting with her 'look at me'!

The Apple does not fall far from the tree...cough, cough, kody!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, neh said:

The Apple does not fall far from the tree...cough, cough, kody!

Cough, cough, LuLaLivingMyWhyEvenThoughYouAreJustAPawnInThePyramid Meri.  The three of them are toxic.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, VegasVixen said:

I'd like to know where she's getting her student loans through then cause I want to go on a 5000 dollar vacation with my student loans! Ha! I have 1200 leftover out of 11 grand and I have to use that to help pay bills. 

One of the potential presidential candidates wants to eliminate all student loan debt.  Maybe you should hurry and borrow more money so you can have more fun without paying it back.

SMH.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

One of the potential presidential candidates wants to eliminate all student loan debt.  Maybe you should hurry and borrow more money so you can have more fun without paying it back.

SMH.

I was being sarcastic...SMH And I'm currently paying on student loans WHILE I go to school. Please don't assume you know my story. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, VegasVixen said:

I was being sarcastic...SMH And I'm currently paying on student loans WHILE I go to school. Please don't assume you know my story. 

No offense intended.  I was making a snarky comment meant to reflect on the Browns' philosophy of life.  Please accept my apology.  Didn't mean to infer that you were like that.  I admire anyone who invests time and money NOW for future gains, which student loans definitely are.  BTDT.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

How long has she been engaged to Audrey? Is there any evidence of wedding planning or is this another meaningless woke gesture?

I believe they got engaged in February.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

How long has she been engaged to Audrey? Is there any evidence of wedding planning or is this another meaningless woke gesture?

Apparently she proposed to Audrey at Washington D.C. Women's March on January 16 of this year, so they haven’t been ‘engayged’ too long, but it sure fills like forever! I think as we get treated to social media declarations of love and their queerness constantly it feels much longer. 

I think they'll marry fairly soon to make sure it’s on TLC before the gravy train ends. I suspect that’s why they were filming in Chicago recently with the brown adults for the next season, cake tasting and all that. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Nessa Darlin said:

Gotta say, I’m surprised Mariah hasn’t started shilling workout clothes..

She was for awhile...

27 minutes ago, Nessa Darlin said:

Gotta say, I’m surprised Mariah hasn’t started shilling workout clothes..

She was for awhile...

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Why would anyone refer to a friend as a dope?  Does grad school require one to make hash of the English language?  

Dear Pudge:  Horizontal stripes are not a dope friend of yours.  Get a brain, woke womxn.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I think they'll marry fairly soon to make sure it’s on TLC before the gravy train ends. I suspect that’s why they were filming in Chicago recently with the brown adults for the next season, cake tasting and all that. 

I wonder if they will go dress shopping on SYTTD (not sure if they are still filming)?

@Mahamid Frauded Me, thank you for translating that IG post for me.    I was about to SOS  you when I first saw it.  I really can't stand to read her posts.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, FreemefromTV said:

Even Taylor Swift isn’t safe...

B328ABC1-1845-4831-9980-C72B8642527F.jpeg

Ugh shut up Mariah 🙄 what she doesn’t listen to any music except that of ‘queer icons’ now?  I wouldn’t put it past Mariah to insinuate she herself is a ‘queer icon’ also, the ego is strong in that one. 

B35E631D-5F21-4AC0-91F3-C21C19679DE7.thumb.jpeg.a7f6948760847f766196d218b1c1761d.jpeg

Cool story Mariah. Except Taylor isn’t presenting herself as an ‘icon’, just as an ally of the LGBTQ community.  She also did ‘actually do work’ to support gay rights, a few months back, she donated an $160K to the Tennessee Equality Project (TEP), an organisation dedicated to protecting gay rights in the Volunteer State, I’m not sure what part of that Mariah finds ‘Problematic’.  

I wonder how much Mariah herself donates to her cause, besides her self-absorbed ramblings? I suppose she considers her woke posts to be the most important ‘work’ of all. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Additional snark
  • Love 16

Mariah is basing her Taylor Swift nonsense on a freaking song/video. She probably read some “opinions” about it, and adopted the negative instead of actually being open minded. Taylor doesn’t call herself an icon, fans do. She considers herself an ally, you know, inclusive, one of Mariah’s favorite words.

I have no opinion one way or the other!

• Love 12

Some have written that the song teaches how NOT to be an ally. Some lyrics:

You are somebody that we don't know
But you're comin' at my friends like a missile
Why are you mad when you could be GLAAD? (You could be GLAAD)
Sunshine on the street at the parade
But you would rather be in the dark ages
Makin' that sign must've taken all night

You just need to take several seats and then try to restore the peace
And control your urges to scream about all the people you hate
'Cause shade never made anybody less gay

• Useful 3
Just now, DakotaJustice said:

Well!! I guess Mariah's right up there with Harvey Milk. 

Tip: it takes more than being on a third rate reality show and posting selfies on Instagram to be an agent of change. 

Especially when one is arrogant. Mariah is a pompous one.

BF90DFDC-C5FD-450B-9FAD-ECD3917BCF15.jpeg

2F54F1E7-6247-4EDF-B40C-9253C6823C2D.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Ugh shut up Mariah 🙄 what she doesn’t listen to any music except that of ‘queer icons’ now?  I wouldn’t put it past Mariah to insinuate she herself is a ‘queer icon’ also, the ego is strong in that one. 

B35E631D-5F21-4AC0-91F3-C21C19679DE7.thumb.jpeg.a7f6948760847f766196d218b1c1761d.jpeg

Cool story Mariah. Except Taylor isn’t presenting herself as an ‘icon’, just as an ally of the LGBTQ community.  She also did ‘actually do work’ to support gay rights, a few months back, she donated an $160K to the Tennessee Equality Project (TEP), an organisation dedicated to protecting gay rights in the Volunteer State, I’m not sure what part of that Mariah finds ‘Problematic’.  

I wonder how much Mariah herself donates to her cause, besides her self-absorbed ramblings? I suppose she considers her woke posts to be the most important ‘work’ of all. 

Mariah is saying she doesn’t accept  celebrity supporters? So, anyone who doesn’t have a certain thing or identify a certain way cannot join in support of those who do? 

See, this is what makes Mariah is an asshole. 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

it's also rich because nobody would give a rat's patoot about mariah's stance on anything if it weren't for her "celebrity" status, queer or not. 

And Mariah's "celebrity" came from being part of a polygamist family--something which she is not, yet has never spoken out against.  

Who made Mariah judge and jury about "queerness" and what "work" does she expect of Taylor Swift?

In other words, isn't she technically profiting off of association with a minority group that she is no longer a part of? (sorry for the bad grammar--can't think today).

3 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

@ginger90, thank you for introducing me to the word "toploftical." I will purpose to employee it as much as possible, e.g. Mariah is a toploftical asshat.

Personally, I like the word "bumptious" to describe Mariah. I plan on using it whenever possible in the future, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Some have written that the song teaches how NOT to be an ally. Some lyrics:

You are somebody that we don't know
But you're comin' at my friends like a missile
Why are you mad when you could be GLAAD? (You could be GLAAD)
Sunshine on the street at the parade
But you would rather be in the dark ages
Makin' that sign must've taken all night

You just need to take several seats and then try to restore the peace
And control your urges to scream about all the people you hate
'Cause shade never made anybody less gay

I see those lyrics as just describing and mocking the awful, homophobic behavior of some people. I don't think those that hold such reprehensible views need much instruction on how to be an asshole.

I've always thought Taylor was at the very least an ally, and perhaps has achieved minor "icon" status. But my favorite part of the video is Katy Perry as a burger and Taylor as fries coming together and hugging it out!

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

11 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

She needs to chill;  I think she is becoming a bit unhinged.  I am sure she thinks she is a "queer icon."  The ego is indeed strong with that one.   Also a bit thin skinned.  

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Adiba said:

And Mariah's "celebrity" came from being part of a polygamist family--something which she is not, yet has never spoken out against.  

Who made Mariah judge and jury about "queerness" and what "work" does she expect of Taylor Swift?

Mariah's attitude makes me think that her opinion is "if you aren't fully queer (like her...) then you can NEVER EVER truly understand being fully queer and so you can NOT qualify as an icon"  ...or something.

It's a lot like the exact shtick that Kody and the wives repeat ad nauseam to us.  Lowly Monogamists just can't understand!!

She has simply taken a lifetime of Mormon conditioning and changed a few words and now she is a missionary for queers instead of the church. Her approach and posts remind me of "testimony" that they cling to as a way of validating their belief systems.

• Useful 2
  • Love 17