Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Who muzzeled Mariah?

parents

producers

employer

I don't think Princess patchouli cares much about what an employer thinks, as she is too entitled and knows she has mum to fall back on if she needs money and (sadly), I think Meri is still desperately trying to buy her daughter’s love and acceptance.  I think it might be a combo of parents and producers.  Producers may be pushing Kootie to control Mariah so as not to offend viewers and/or sponsors and Kootie in turn is pushing Mariah not to jeopardize the family (her) income.  OTOH, controversy is a good draw, so my theory just goes up in smoke . . .

• Love 9
1 hour ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I don't think Princess patchouli cares much about what an employer thinks, as she is too entitled and knows she has mum to fall back on if she needs money and (sadly), I think Meri is still desperately trying to buy her daughter’s love and acceptance.  I think it might be a combo of parents and producers.  Producers may be pushing Kootie to control Mariah so as not to offend viewers and/or sponsors and Kootie in turn is pushing Mariah not to jeopardize the family (her) income.  OTOH, controversy is a good draw, so my theory just goes up in smoke . . .

See, I think it's the opposite.  First of all, I don't think Snowflake cares a one whit what her parents think, half of what she does is to annoy them or get their attention.  And I think the producers love this crap, it draws attention to the show and I don't think its viewers are easily offended. 

Radio silence commenced at the same time she advertised that she was doing something with kids somewhere - Oregon?  I can't remember where.  But nothing from her since that time so they may have told her to knock it off.  I wonder if that program had something to do with her degree so she figured she should clam up for a while.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Radio silence commenced at the same time she advertised that she was doing something with kids somewhere - Oregon?  I can't remember where.  But nothing from her since that time so they may have told her to knock it off.  I wonder if that program had something to do with her degree so she figured she should clam up for a while.

If I recall, it is in Utah & I agree they probably said something to her.  The shear number of gratuitous swear words in Mariah's posts would be unacceptable to a kid's charity.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9

On SisterWivesWiki it shows this:

Community service

Mariah currently works as a program manager at Promise South Salt Lake and a recreational assistant at William E. Christoffersen Salt Lake Veterans Home. It is unknown when she began either job.

• Useful 5
16 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

See, I think it's the opposite.  First of all, I don't think Snowflake cares a one whit what her parents think, half of what she does is to annoy them or get their attention.  And I think the producers love this crap, it draws attention to the show and I don't think its viewers are easily offended. 

I’m willing to bet her employer had a problem with her social media attitudes. 

Maybe, just maybe (please?), Mariah learned a valuable life lesson in all this: She is not the Center of the universe and you can’t post whatever you want on social media (especially her angry, potty mouth version). It’s one thing to have a respectful attitude, but Mariah was just mean. In trying to come across as “just”, she came across as a bully. No one wants their kids working with a potty mouth bully. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Autocorrect was stupid and wrong
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

No one wants their kids working with a potty mouth bully. 

Especially since she is so obviously intolerant to those who don't fall in line behind her.  That's a very poor MO for someone supposedly in social work.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Especially since she is so obviously intolerant to those who don't fall in line behind her.  That's a very poor MO for someone supposedly in social work.

"Social" and "work" are 2 words that seem incongruous in anything relative to Mariah.

• Love 9

I must be the only person who doesn't think Meri is financially supporting Mariah.  I'm guessing that it's been six months since she's had any paying guests at the Inn but she still has a mortgage to pay. That's why she's hustling the merch so hard. But she has to sell a lot of it to make up for the lack of revenue. 

Meri also has I believe a $3000 monthly rent payment on the Flagstaff house, car (all that gas back and forth between Flag and Parowan...), utilities, insurance (even if they don't have medical insurance, she's still legally obligated to have auto and property/liability insurance), and so on. That means she had to hustle a LOT of LLR.

That said, I'm guessing that Mariah and Audrey are living at least part time at Lizzie's, if not full time, so in that way Meri is supporting her. IMO of course. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

That said, I'm guessing that Mariah and Audrey are living at least part time at Lizzie's, if not full time, so in that way Meri is supporting her. IMO of course. 

Audge and Mariah may have given up their Chicago apartment considering that Mariah has taken employment in Utah.  Informed Chicago residents have stated that the place they had there, in that neighborhood, would rent from $1500-1800 per month.  Meri must have been subsidizing the rent there as I don't think Audge was earning enough as a graphic designer to cover rent, food, clothing and bistro lattes to support that life.  I could be wrong though, possibly Mariah was able to contribute to living expenses from her "influencer" income stream???

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Audge and Mariah may have given up their Chicago apartment considering that Mariah has taken employment in Utah.  Informed Chicago residents have stated that the place they had there, in that neighborhood, would rent from $1500-1800 per month.  Meri must have been subsidizing the rent there as I don't think Audge was earning enough as a graphic designer to cover rent, food, clothing and bistro lattes to support that life.  I could be wrong though, possibly Mariah was able to contribute to living expenses from her "influencer" income stream???

Or Mariah was using student loan money to subsidize her lifestyle. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Aaaaaand she's back!

I don’t understand why social media is a platform for politics. No one changes their stance ever because of someone else’s SM posts.  All it does is cause arguments. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 18
11 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I don’t understand why social media is a platform for politics. No one changes their stance ever because of someone else’s SM posts.  All it does is cause arguments. 

Exactly! If anything this type of rant alienates people rather than persuading them to your point of view. I agree that evidently her summer job is finished and so no more restrictions  on her Social Media posting. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I believe that Meri is the only one paying for Audrey and Mariah.  it's the one and only reason that Mariah puts up with Meri.  The 2 of them have  such a parasitic relationship.  Give me money and I'll stay.  Here's money, please love me.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I have a feeling this post was aimed at someone specific, perhaps members of her family.  But I agree that she's probably done with the job that restricted her rants. I believe that was a summer gig, wasn't it?

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Mariah is a bully and an emotional blackmailer, imo. If she wants to change minds, she should offer thoughtful, rational reasons why she feels the way she does.

It seems to me that the most shrill and agitated against the system are oftentimes people that have never held a job and contributed to the financial and social atmospheres they find so abhorrent.

• Love 15

I'm sure whoever Mariah is targeting with these volatile statements are just trembling in fear of losing her love and affection.  The family seems to have been over her for quite a while.

I agree with the poster above, Mariah puts up with her mother for money.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

And she still cannot spell, or proofread.  

It seems that the prestigious college and university she has attended place more merit on "wokeness", and let the basic 3R's she learned in elementary school fall by the wayside.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 11

I'm flabbergasted that so many reply to her posts giving her credit and declaring her so amazing, profound, and enlightened when in fact everything she posts is just variations on standard talking points championed by every social justice warrior and literally distributed with instructions to promote them by the causes they advocate for.  So if they agree or disagree with her statements then they need to realize they are actually agreeing or disagreeing with the cause not just complimenting or bashing woke Mariah.

• Love 9

Since both Mariah and Maddie were quiet on social media at roughly the same time, I wonder if it has anything to do with the show?

I am SO glad Mariah is back.  I need her to tell me how to vote in November and I also need to know if I should still be worrying about the bees.

• LOL 16

Mariah stopped posting in the beginning of June. Maddie’s last post before her break was the beginning of July.

Mariah is posting in her Instagram stories again, but I can’t post them because they are political.

• Useful 4
41 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

If I were a sibling of Mariah's I would keep as much room as possible between me and her.  Several U.S. states apart might do it for me.  😐  I bet holidays are such fun around her.

Can you just imagine Thanksgiving dinner if Mariah's candidate of choice doesn't win...she'll be taking inventory of how everyone voted and letting them know they are on her shit list and they must want her dead.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

For some reason I feel like she wouldn't actually have the courage to be that confrontational in person, and especially with non-strangers. I can see her sulking in a corner, texting with her holier-than-thou friends and ignoring the party.

But either way, I'm certain she's no ball of sunshine. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Can you just imagine Thanksgiving dinner if Mariah's candidate of choice doesn't win...she'll be taking inventory of how everyone voted and letting them know they are on her shit list and they must want her dead.

Or she wants THEM dead. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

If I were a sibling of Mariah's I would keep as much room as possible between me and her.  Several U.S. states apart might do it for me.  😐  I bet holidays are such fun around her.

Watching the old episodes, it's pretty clear that Mariah held herself to a much higher standard than her lowly siblings and they were all fully aware of this...from Mariah saying that she wanted to live plural marriage to her complete ban on swearing to her being the only kid to remain at church school after the others had gone on to public school - not to mention being spoiled rotten as the only kid in her part of the family - I wonder just how close Mariah is to, say, Logan.  Or Hunter, Ysabel, Savannah, etc.  My guess is not very.

The funny thing is, as sad and pathetic as this show has become, I would watch the heck out of an interview with the adult kids to find out how they get along with each other and how growing up on teevee in their sideshow of a family molded who they've become as adults.  I'm currently watching the move to Vegas and I would say the majority of the older kids at that time had little to no confidence that their parents would come through with the cuddle-sac homes.  Hunter said it best - much of what they tell us never happens.  It would be hard to grow up in that kind of chaos, not to mention trying to put down roots when you know your clown of a father might yank you out of your comfort zone on a whim.

• Love 15

IIRC she was doing a MSW/MA in social justice.  If that's what she's in, it's a three year program.  The MSW page says that all MSW classes are currently online.  If that's what she's doing then this is what she should have done this past summer and what she has left.

image.thumb.png.80d1578fe45c948d1163bd706cae1dfd.png

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Absolom said:

How many years is the program she was doing?  Is there any chance she's finished or almost finished?  It's been two years already.

I feel like we would have seen lots of self-congratulatory posts from Mariah as well as lots of fawning posts about the Best Daughter Ever from MerI. Probably she would decorate her cap with all types of Gay Pride Symbols and rainbows. It would probably be a month long blitz of insufferable posting.

Edited to add: I just saw @Absolom's post, so this is probably what we can look forward to in the future if she does graduate. 

Edited by Liddy52
  • Love 4

Mariah needs to take a lesson from Maddie, in how to post graciously, without getting her (Mariah) tit in a wringer.  Even though Maddie was asked intrusive questions, she didn't swear or get snippy with her response.  Normally I'm not on Team Maddie, but she's got a lot to dill with, and isn't coming across as a bitch like sister Snowflake.

• Love 13
On 9/1/2020 at 10:02 PM, Sandy W said:

On the other hand, I'd totally tune into TLC to watch that if they filmed it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 9/1/2020 at 10:02 PM, Sandy W said:

I can't imagine Mariah celebrating Thanksgiving at all.  She'd show up railing at her family how the holiday is immoral, not politically correct, etc.  Not that I would necessarily disagree with her, but I'd certainly disagree with her presentation of the message.

• Love 11

Was Kootie's birthday the last time we saw most of the fambly together?  Kody looked disgusted or irritated most of the time, as if he & Mariah had had a tiff right before the cameras started rolling.

• Love 3
On 9/2/2020 at 7:36 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Mariah needs to take a lesson from Maddie, in how to post graciously, without getting her (Mariah) tit in a wringer.  Even though Maddie was asked intrusive questions, she didn't swear or get snippy with her response.  Normally I'm not on Team Maddie, but she's got a lot to dill with, and isn't coming across as a bitch like sister Snowflake.

This has always been Mariah's problem. She's definitely a one-sided, know-it-all, mean bitch. What she has shown us has me worried about the field she's going into. It requires empathy, fairness and the ability to LISTEN. 

• Love 11
On 9/5/2020 at 7:50 AM, TurtlePower said:

has me worried about the field she's going into.

She may be going into this field for how it makes "Her" look, rather how she can help others. Mariah does not give off a successful social worker vibe, more like a body guard, bouncer, enforcer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15