Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, rur said:

Even if its an open marriage, she'll always be the other person. 

The way they were fawning over each other, I'm thinking that the husband might end up being the other person.  ;)   I thought both dresses were beautiful and complimented each other nicely.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

The way they were fawning over each other, I'm thinking that the husband might end up being the other person

I agree.  I think he is in for lots of lonely nights.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Yeah, I completely forgot about what's-his-name halfway through the episode because the two women had such great chemistry. I loved the dress with the little applique leaves all over it, but hated the other one with the corset. It just looked like a knock-off Pnina from several years ago.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

Yeah, I completely forgot about what's-his-name halfway through the episode because the two women had such great chemistry. I loved the dress with the little applique leaves all over it, but hated the other one with the corset. It just looked like a knock-off Pnina from several years ago.

Kleinfeld isn't shoving Pnini dresses down brides throats anymore. Yay. And the throuple?? Would love to check in with them in a few years to see if they are all still together. The brides were bubbly and had a good vibe and I'm a live and let live gal, but sorry 3 in a bed is just weird to me.

• Love 4

I have friends who are polyamorous, I have nothing against polyamory, I just hate the term 'throuple', It sounds dumb. Trio, maybe? They may all still date around, if that's their arrangement so husband could find something to do on nights when the girls are all about themselves.

Woman on UK version says because she has a large chest she doesn't want a dress that she's going to be falling out of. Then picks a dress it looks like she's falling out of. 🙄

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I just hate the term 'throuple', It sounds dumb.

It sounds dumb but it has a very specific connotation within polyamory where all three date each other as opposed to the wife having her partners and the husband having his so I feel like it's here to stay until a better term is invented.  

But as someone who thinks two people in a bed is too many, three would give me nightmares. 

It also makes me have so many questions that are none of my business.  Are all sexual experiences threesomes?  Do all three have to be in the mood? 

• Love 8
On 7/25/2021 at 8:55 AM, Dehumidifier said:

The DUI driver who blinded the young lady in last night's episode only got 120 days in jail and 5 years probation. 

What the actual fuck?? And people are in jail for 20+ years on marijuana charges?! What the hell!

• Love 5

My dress and my bridesmaids' dresses all had over skirts, but the dresses themselves were more form fitted and cut just above the knees.  I don't like the over skirts over something long, especially with a train.  Like others have said, it takes away from the beauty of the original dress and looks way too bulky.

I don't know that I've ever seen anyone as condescending as the black woman's sister in the English version.  Thank God for Gok--he really does work wonders.  I did like the dress she chose, even if the second dress was more my style.

I love how the bride at the fitting wanted sleeves because she felt so exposed, but the two inch wide fabric straps that fell off the shoulders helped.  She was still just as exposed and the straps weren't even pretty, imo--they just looked tacked on and like they'd start fraying any minute.

The dresses on the throuple brides were beautiful. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I don't know that I've ever seen anyone as condescending as the black woman's sister in the English version.  Thank God for Gok--he really does work wonders.  I did like the dress she chose, even if the second dress was more my style.

One of the things I've liked about the SYTTD England version is that, overall, the people were nice. This most recent show had two fairly unpleasant people  on it. I hope that the producers aren't going to start insisting on false hater drama on this show. I truly believe that most of the people watching just want to see more dresses and don't really care about nasty entourage members.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, rur said:

I truly believe that most of the people watching just want to see more dresses and don't really care about nasty entourage members.

Yes!  The entourage can often be really distracting.  I'll take a bride by herself all day long.  And yes, I want to see more dresses, in particular not the same 5 dresses recycled on different brides.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I sometimes get frustrated with the entourages too-especially like the "Nan" and the "fashionista" sister in the English show. I just want to yell at them-this isn't YOUR wedding and this isn't YOUR dress! So shut up and let the poor bride pick what she likes! Why do these brides worry so about what the others think? It's your day so pick a dress you like and who cares what someone else likes. 

• Love 5
On 8/2/2021 at 6:45 AM, cameron said:

Who is Dorothy engaged to?

They didn't say, but I am dying to see an episode featuring her as the bride. If Randy's never seen her in dress after all these years, I can't even imagine what she would pick. A tailored pants suit? A simple sheath? I must know! Make it happen, TLC!

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

I sometimes get frustrated with the entourages too-especially like the "Nan" and the "fashionista" sister in the English show. I just want to yell at them-this isn't YOUR wedding and this isn't YOUR dress! So shut up and let the poor bride pick what she likes! Why do these brides worry so about what the others think? It's your day so pick a dress you like and who cares what someone else likes. 

"Nan" was a pain, but she was at least honest. That bride was sounding very selfish & entitled...and did what she wanted in the end. The fashionista sister was just pulling 'big sister' weight...My older sister & I have such different styles she'd never have been able to be a force in my wedding...(I sucked it up and wore a pink dress in hers...I hate pink, she wore the purple one in mine without a comment...and wore it several times after). Keep in mind the busty bride was wearing a sample. Her gown will have a better fitting top. I would use wider straps, however for better support & balance.

• Love 1

Well, for once I didn't hate a throuple.  I usually feel like the main reason throuples on TV are in it is for the attention.  "Look at us!  We're so different and special and YES!  THREE!  Don't you want to disapprove and SPECULATE?" 

Loved the dress that looked like it had little leaves on it, found the other one kind of meh.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, rur said:

It looks like Gok's getting moved to Sunday night, according to my cable system.

Oh so it'll have its separate show?  That's good to know.  I'll have to set a recording.

I'm not seeing it.  What should I be looking for? 

Edited by Irlandesa
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Oh so it'll have its separate show?  That's good to know.  I'll have to set a recording.

I'm not seeing it.  What should I be looking for? 

Honest to goodness, when I looked last night, SYYTD: England was scheduled for Sunday nights at 8 p.m. After seeing your message, I checked again. I was no longer there. And when I did a search, I discovered that my cable network (Spectrum) is showing episodes at 6 a.m.

grrr

Because everyone needs more crap on during prime time. 

Edited by rur
37 minutes ago, rur said:

Honest to goodness, when I looked last night, SYYTD: England was scheduled for Sunday nights at 8 p.m. After seeing your message, I checked again. I was no longer there. And when I did a search, I discovered that my cable network (Spectrum) is showing episoat 6 a.m.

grrr

Because everyone needs more crap on during prime time. 

The SYTYD that my cable channel has at 6 a.m. is the English one with David Emanuel, not the one with Gok.  I don’t care because I really like the UK shows.

Apparently it's being changed faster than we can keep track of it! When I looked 2 hours ago, it was Gok's shows that were listed. I like the UK shows, but I'm not getting up at 6 in the morning to watch. I guess I'll just play SYTTD roulette next week and see what shows up. I'm giving up trying to keep track of what's going on.

• Love 1

I really liked the first dress the chef tried on. Not as impressed with Randy's. But she liked it, so that's what matters. 

The bride who wanted a black dress should've shopped at a Halloween store. At least she picked a dress that didn't have her boobs hanging out. 😒

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

I really liked the first dress the chef tried on. Not as impressed with Randy's. But she liked it, so that's what matters. 

The bride who wanted a black dress should've shopped at a Halloween store. At least she picked a dress that didn't have her boobs hanging out. 😒

I hear that! She didn't want her boobs hanging out, yet the top she wore (which I thought was sooo cute) let her oversize boobs hang right on out. Fortunately the dress she decided on was a sample. Her fininshed garment should have a larger cup.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Why, oh why time and again do people come to Kleinfeld looking for a black dress 🙄

I was really excited originally when Randy announced he was doing a bridal collection but I have to say that I've been so underwhelmed by what hes produced every season. Does anyone else feel like especially now hes doing the consults at a distance that hes puhsing his dresses more and more on brides?

I got a bit teary when the Westpoint brides Mom had ordered the 2nd dress for her. I think 2 dresses are usually a bit silly but that second dress was gorgeous, super sleek and sexy and if you're going to do a reception dress then thats the one . I think her dancing on her own into the reception in her second dress might be one of the cringiest things I've ever seen on SYTTD and given the cringy things we've seen over the years, thats saying a lot

Edited by maggiegil
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, maggiegil said:

I think her dancing on her own into the reception in her second dress might be one of the cringiest things I've ever seen on SYTTD and given the cringy things we've seen over the years, thats saying a lot

Right? I literally was like WTF is that? I thought for a second that was her entrance into the reception and that her poor husband was left behind so all the eyes were on her but I think they had already entered and she left and came back.

Still, tacky tacky tacky.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, maggiegil said:

I got a bit teary when the Westpoint brides Mom had ordered the 2nd dress for her. I think 2 dresses are usually a bit silly but that second dress was gorgeous, super sleek and sexy and if you're going to do a reception dress then thats the one

Except she kept fidgeting with those cutouts when she had it on.  I thought she was going to stick her thumbs inside like some people put their thumbs in their pockets.

She said the second dress was too expensive which is why they didn't get it at her first appointment. I was thinking the construction on that was relatively simple, and she could have hired a talented seamstress or tailor to recreate it at less than half the retail cost.

• Useful 1

These brides seem really entitled and borderline bridezillas. The one who wanted a black dress wanted the consultant to read her mind and the one with two dresses was angry before she even tried on her dress. Ugh, I’m glad I don’t work in the bride industry. I think Randy’s dresses are beautiful and at a good price range but they don’t always show the prettiest ones. Most of the brides want see through or cleavage showing and many of Randy’s dresses are classier than that.

• Love 4

Busty bride was a real PITA, in my opinion. If her boobs bothered her that much, she could always have a reduction. And if you don't want a white dress, look at some creme colored or ivory. The dress that chef lady chose was really nice on her even though I liked the first one with sleeves better. As Madding Crowd said above I wouldn't want to work with brides-I deal with the public enough without that kind of stress.

• Love 3

I agree - and what was with the black stripes across her boobs when she came in?  🙄. I think they claim they want black dresses to get on the show - rarely do they leave with a black dress, and there are plenty of places that sell evening gowns in black if that's what you really want. 

Typically I think a second dress is stupid but I did enjoy how the mom wanted to do something special for her since her wedding was messed up last year.  My cousin's wedding was postposed and totally changed because of Covid so we enjoyed doing special things for them.

I for one am getting tired of the Randy appearances on the computer.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, princelina said:

He is very busy renovating his West Palm Beach house and designing more gowns, maybe he will stray from that blue dress he did for his first collection, the two snowballs and netting, yeesh.

You are right about the black dress syndrome, 100%.  I would love to have a bride change things up and ask for a lime green wedding dress, lol.

• Love 1
On 8/11/2021 at 12:56 PM, princelina said:

I think it would be tedious to have an appointment and be stuck holding an iPad with Randy on it when you want to enjoy your bride choosing her dress.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 8/12/2021 at 1:12 PM, DiamondGirl said:

I think it would be tedious to have an appointment and be stuck holding an iPad with Randy on it when you want to enjoy your bride choosing her dress.

I found that to be rather odd...why the constant and awkward hand-holding of the ipad; I mean they should be able to afford one of those iPad stands with wheels. 

• Love 8
On 8/12/2021 at 1:12 PM, DiamondGirl said:

I would politely decline and say no.   If they insisted, then an emphatic 'no' and a  'do it your own damn self' would be in order!   I like Randy, but if he's not able to be in the store, then it's really not necessary to go through this dog and pony show.  

Edited by ChitChat
typo
  • Love 6

I agree with you all about the distraction of Randy on the ipad.  I really like Randy but virtual Randy doesn't have the same impact and it seems like he's just naming his own designs for the brides to try on rather than looking for dresses.  Also, it's awkward for them to keep holding the ipad with him while the bride goes to try on other dresses whereas in the store he would just go and visit with another customer during the dress changes.

• Love 6

Re Randy and IPAD. Hell yes.  Thought I was the only one who hated it. Randy virtually is not good and the awkwardness is evident. Stay home with your dog and renovate Randy. See you next season. 

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Re Randy and IPAD. Hell yes.  Thought I was the only one who hated it. Randy virtually is not good and the awkwardness is evident. Stay home with your dog and renovate Randy. See you next season. 

I usually enjoy Randy's in person interactions with the brides, but his "virtual" appearances are nothing short of awkward and for the most part unnecessary. Scale them back, SYTTD!

That said, I do like most of Randy's gowns.

• Love 2

I wonder if some of the consultants we used to see either quit, retired, or don't want to be on the show anymore.  I miss them!  I love the dress that the bride from India chose.  She was in a tough spot having to politely pass on Randy's dress!  His dress wasn't right for her though, and he's kind enough not to pressure a bride into buying one of his dresses.  

I wasn't too crazy about the other bride's dress.  Maybe it's because her tattoos were distracting to me.  It looked good on her, but it was rather plain.  Oh well, I'm glad that she was happy with it.  That's all that matters! 

• Love 4

Special orders are bigger bucks...therefore bigger commissions for the consultants and higher profits for the store. Many brides who come to Kleinfelds come for that 'one-of-a-kind' experience and are not looking for off the rack. I agree Prashanthi's choice was perfect for her...her brother-in-law was darling. My ex-hubs was like that, puddled up over all kinds of things...he walked our daughter down the aisle snuffling & teary...it was fabulous. Same when he met our youngest grandson for the first time...I plopped the little blanket bundle in his arms and the tears just overflowed.

I've seen Lisa & Paula this season...but the one I miss the most is Keisha...even after all these years.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I wasn't too crazy about the other bride's dress.  Maybe it's because her tattoos were distracting to me.  It looked good on her, but it was rather plain.  Oh well, I'm glad that she was happy with it.  That's all that matters! 

I was a little surprised that she was so taken by the dress, but she was so happy with it that it was easy to be happy for her. 

• Love 2

I'm getting a bit tired of the "My wedding is in 2 weeks" made up drama.  Along with Randy frantically going through the racks saying, "I don't know if we can find one this time!"

When it was occasional, I was OK with it, however it seems to now be very contrived. Of course they'll find a dress.

• Love 2

I wasn't too keen on the redhead's dress at first but that was one dress that, when paired with the veil, everything about it really worked for me.  The hair color and even the tattoos really made a look that I felt was unique to her.

But one thing I'm tired of is the "I want a black dress" story that almost always ends up with the bride walking out in a white gown. 

• Love 4

I liked the second dress the redhead tried on. I think with alterations (especially the sleeves) it would have looked great. If she was looking for the 60s vibe, I think a mini like Rachel Welch or Jane Fonda wore would have been good for the venue.

download (2).jpg

download.jpg

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Angel pie said:

Last night was the first time I’ve heard about the special room with new ready to buy wedding dresses. Why didn’t the salesperson start there if the wedding was too close to get special orders.

This was undoubtedly set up as the odds of their being a ball gown that fit such a tiny woman available would be close to zero.

I am short - not as short as her - and I would never be able to buy anything with a complicated bottom because you can't just hem the bottom. When you order the bridal gowns everything is theoretically cut so that the skirt, bodice and waist are put together so that the design elements remain intact.

The show has never provided the "real" Kleinfeld experience because shooting takes much longer than their normal appointment. But with COVID I would imagine it is even more of a set up in order to deal with COVID restrictions on maximum number of people.

I don't mind Randy being on the IPAD. He is not there during the whole shopping experience as I would imagine that he is on to shoot certain specific scenes. No one is holding an IPAD for hours :-).

As I recall one of the earlier episodes had a bride whose father was too sick to be in person so they had a room set up in order for him to be part of the day. I seem to remember they said that this was part of their normal services but I have never heard them discuss this again so I might be remembering incorrectly.

• Love 2