Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Wow, the south brought a whole new tacky to Kleinfeld's.

I'm pretty sure Kentucky groom to be was completely drugged out of his mind. And possibly actually attracted to her brother, the only member of the family who seemed to have any manners or class. 

Tennessee Snookie (best name ever!) bought a dress that wasn't a show stopper that she's probably regretting by now if the wedding hasn't happened yet. And what was going on with the ends of her hair? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Kentucky Frozen Face Bride:  That might be the ugliest combination I have ever seen on this show, and that's saying a LOT.  

Take an ugly, over-decorated dress, then put an overskirt that doesn't match the fabric or style of the dress (over that highly embellished slit?  Just say no), and then add a veil with yet another pattern to it.  It's like she stood in the middle of the store and they just started throwing anything they could find that was white at her.  

Who was the guy in the white sweater?  I didn't get that they said he was another brother...  I kind of assumed he's the groom's "best friend".

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Vintage Randy gown is super princessey. I'd be interested to see how he would update it.

I thought it was a lovely dress -- it had good lines. Parts of it were dated, but overall I liked it. I think we can be sure he'll have a new version of it in his next collection, otherwise, why mention it? 

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

As Dolly Parton said, "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap," must be Kentucky Bride's motto.

1 hour ago, dogdays2 said:

As for plastic bride, when she said the budget was unlimited, I knew we'd get unlimited Pnina.   … The dress was trashy.  Her fiancé was weird, her dad was weird.  She was weird.  

Kentucky Royalty? pshaw!

It's been said before, but the gowns worn in "royal weddings" bear no resemblance to what was chosen by Kentucky bride. And  BTW,  gentlemen do not wear hats indoors. 

With all the Kardashian mentions in this show, I started wondering: Is "socialite" the polite term for Attention Whore? 

Edited by rur
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8

I am so curious about the socialite scene in Kentucky now, I would have pictured debutant like balls with conservative dresses and weddings that followed the social more's from 50 years ago...I cannot imagine how she fit in to the socialite set, what was the occasion for the black hardly there dress she was wearing in that flashed on the screen?  

3 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Wow, the south brought a whole new tacky to Kleinfeld's.

I'm pretty sure Kentucky groom to be was completely drugged out of his mind. And possibly actually attracted to her brother, the only member of the family who seemed to have any manners or class. 

Tennessee Snookie (best name ever!) bought a dress that wasn't a show stopper that she's probably regretting by now if the wedding hasn't happened yet. And what was going on with the ends of her hair? 

Thank you!  

If you were going to be on tv why wouldn't you do something with your hair???

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Bad Example said:

Who was the guy in the white sweater?  I didn't get that they said he was another brother...  I kind of assumed he's the groom's "best friend".

I think the bride said he was her man of honor? Which I'm sure was just another thing the poor potential in-laws just loved to hear about. 

Has anyone found out was this plastic bride's full name is? I'm dying to see her socials. You know she's all over all of them. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am so curious about the socialite scene in Kentucky now, I would have pictured debutant like balls with conservative dresses and weddings that followed the social more's from 50 years ago...I cannot imagine how she fit in to the socialite set, what was the occasion for the black hardly there dress she was wearing in that flashed on the screen?  

That's exactly what I thought.   My husband also wondered if the groom to be knew he was gay.  I also agree with everyone about the dress being too much. I was trying to envision what it would look like altered to fit her properly, thinking maybe it would look slightly better, but I couldn't.  All I could think was that it looked heavy and uncomfortable and not pretty at all--especially with that horrible removable gown over it (and I normally like those--full or stopping at the hips).  It looked like it belonged on a totally different dress.

I didn't mind the dress that the other bride chose. It was definitely the better of the three for her body (but, I like the Haley Page one better as a whole). I did like that her friend was worried that she was so excited by the experience that she wasn't able to really judge what looked good on her.  But, like I said, the one she chose wasn't bad.  I just wish she'd tried on a few more.

• Love 4

Since Pnina is exclusive to Kleinfeld's in the U.S., I bet the store gets a bigger profit from them, since they get to set the prices, and she's one of the designers that will come on the show.   I know a few others do also, but she was the star for a few years.  

• Love 5

Find it interesting for Kentucky royalty, the lack of a Kentucky accent.  Must be carpetbaggers.  Also noticed that the bride from Bristol Tn. was sporting a major big rock.  Think that all the problems are production driven.

Edited by cameron
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, cameron said:

Find it interesting for Kentucky royalty, the lack of a Kentucky accent.  Must be carpetbaggers.  Also noticed that the bride from Bristol Tn. was sporting a major big rock.  Think that all the problems are production driven.

Wait Bristol, Tennessee?? Oh snap! now i've gotta watch this episode because I live 40 minutes from Bristol, i wonder if i know this chick or know anyone who knows her. 

Edited by carolinagirl81
  • LOL 3

It was SO obvious that Boston radio person was there only for the publicity.  She was always going to choose the Boston Victorian grandma nightgown dress.

Samantha was beautiful in that fitted lace dress.  I’m glad she stuck up for it.

Is anyone else over Randy’s tired “hello, beautiful” line?   

• Love 5
On 8/3/2020 at 5:46 PM, cameron said:

That rock was as fake as she was. Fake. Fake. Fake.

• Love 4
On 8/3/2020 at 7:23 PM, carolinagirl81 said:

Wait Bristol, Tennessee?? Oh snap! now i've gotta watch this episode because I live 40 minutes from Bristol, i wonder if i know this chick or know anyone who knows her. 

I watched 5 minutes of this episode and i couldn't take anymore from the "Tennessee Kardashian" *eye roll* to Real Housewives of Kentucky chick my eyes were done lol they both reeked of new money and it showed. 

• Love 1

They're rerunning the Bristol TN bride who wants to out trash the Kartrashians episode.    Getting spray tanned until you look like an Oompa Loompa is a horrible look.   My guess is coal money.    Her mother is right, it looks like someone plucked a chicken for the skirt.    Did she buy that fake ring where the Kentucky Royal woman did?  The rings look rather similar, and very fake.   The dress she picked made her look like a rectangle, no waist, no style, it's just awful.  The perfect dress for her.  

The Kentucky Royalty is so phony.     Nothing on her is real, and I'm surprised her fake boobs don't blow up when she's at high altitude.   Does she realize her 'fiance' is more into the men in the party, than being her fiance?    I suspect either gambling money, or coal money.  Her mouth is so bizarre looking, it's so wide, but it's just like her mother's too.  They look like the Joker.  They need to stop botox, noting on her face moves.  That ring is just as fake as her wedding.    $32,000 for a wedding dress!   

The vintage redo on the Randy dress is wild.  I loved the sleeves,  I didn't know Randy has been selling his own line for so many years. 

Quite a while ago, they said the staff meetings were for the show, and it was a way to put out the theme of the week, with different brides shown that fit the theme (those who lost their mothers, brides with fiances that screw up the appointment, etc).    So getting rid of the staff meeting means they don't have to make every bride on the show from a particular theme.   It makes it easier for the editors to make a show from brides filmed around the same time.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I think he stopped for 10-12 years. Being on the show really raised his profile.

I agreed with Samantha's family, the dress did not flatter her at all. The other one she liked looked much better. Agree the Boston bride always meant to go with the lace curtains as well. We also know the store has a whole section for brides who dress modestly that have sleeves, so saying there isn't much is bs. That bride with the over budget dress could barely walk down the aisle!

Was watching some of the older episodes earlier today. They don't do the staff meetings anymore, and there are a lot of consultants that no longer appear. I assume because they don't work at the store anymore? At least we haven't had Shea inflicted on us this season.

• Love 3
On 8/8/2020 at 7:34 AM, DiamondGirl said:

It was SO obvious that Boston radio person was there only for the publicity.  She was always going to choose the Boston Victorian grandma nightgown dress.

I didn't like her original dress.  It looked like something Vampire Elvira would've worn.  

Maybe it's easier for Randy to say "hello beautiful" rather than to try and remember so many people's names!  I think it's sweet though and I don't mind it.  I think it helps to put the brides at ease too.  It's always nice to be told you're beautiful whether he means it or not!  😉  

• Love 14
39 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I didn't like her original dress.  It looked like something Vampire Elvira would've worn.  

From what I could tell, it looked like way too much fabric for her, like it was swallowing her up. I definitely liked the blush one better. 

I was with the mom and the aunt for the other bride--I thought that dress was too fussy and understood why they wanted to find a comparable one that was a happy medium between the simplicity of the first one and that one.  But, she did look pretty in the style and I'm glad they noticed how happy she was in it and came around.  That's what was important. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They're rerunning the Bristol TN bride who wants to out trash the Kartrashians episode.    Getting spray tanned until you look like an Oompa Loompa is a horrible look.   My guess is coal money.   

I never got the impression that she was from "money." To me, she seemed like a fairly typical, fairly shallow young woman who thinks the K clan are the height of class, and that her wedding day will be the most important day of her life. As orange as she looked, I think she thought that would make her look glamorous on TV. 

3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I didn't think any of the dresses she tried on -- or even her Boston dress --  were particularly flattering. Ballgowns tend to cut a lot of people in half and make them look dumpy. A dress with a dropped waist and a full skirt would have been much more flattering. 

2 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I was with the mom and the aunt for the other bride--I thought that dress was too fussy and understood why they wanted to find a comparable one that was a happy medium between the simplicity of the first one and that one.  But, she did look pretty in the style and I'm glad they noticed how happy she was in it and came around.  That's what was important. 

I thought it was refreshing that, for a change, the bride had a group that was conscious of her feelings from the get-go.

Edited by rur
  • Love 11

Ashlee's first dress was terrible!  I much preferred the blush dress on her.  Samantha looked beautiful in her dress.  I'm glad her entourage saw that.  

Back to Ashlee, she was on The Real World New Orleans.  I have long  stopped watching that show, but I know the radio station she is on.  I looked up her bio.  I'm pretty sure, judging by the photo of the Boston dress, that she got it at Vows, the place where "I Found the Gown" was shot!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I didn't really love any of the gowns last night. 

I'm not a fashionista but the Mermaid style to me kind of feels like it's a style that will be dated.  Maybe it already does feel dated to me?  The weight loss bride's figure was highlighted in it but I also felt it was too busy and I was kind of hoping it'd show her she could try on more styles like it.  

I actually liked the first Basso-inspired dress the most. The only reason I didn't love it is that I didn't love the illusion top where it there was a bedazzled off shoulder.  Bedazzle the whole top or make it off the shoulder but the mix didn't work for me, especially when there was no need for it.

Boston radio host bride's first dress did not look flattering in the way she took the photo.  Maybe it's better in motion but the blush dress was beautiful.  I had to kind of laugh when she asked Randy what he prefers.  He works for Kleinfeld's. 

And I gotta hand it to Pnina, it seems like the less fabric she has, the more she can get brides to pay.  The bride was beautiful the dress was...meh. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Marisagf said:

Ashlee's first dress was terrible!  I much preferred the blush dress on her.  Samantha looked beautiful in her dress.  I'm glad her entourage saw that.  

Back to Ashlee, she was on The Real World New Orleans.  I have long  stopped watching that show, but I know the radio station she is on.  I looked up her bio.  I'm pretty sure, judging by the photo of the Boston dress, that she got it at Vows, the place where "I Found the Gown" was shot!

I really liked I Found the Gown. Wish they'd bring that back.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm not a fashionista but the Mermaid style to me kind of feels like it's a style that will be dated. 

I agree.  That style has outlived its usefulness and just looks like a leftover these days.  And it takes a very special body to carry it off and, let's face it, the brides who insist on it mostly look awful in it.

• Love 8
On 8/9/2020 at 8:48 AM, ChitChat said:

Maybe it's easier for Randy to say "hello beautiful" rather than to try and remember so many people's names!  I think it's sweet though and I don't mind it.  I think it helps to put the brides at ease too.  It's always nice to be told you're beautiful whether he means it or not!  😉  

Agreed--I think it's nice, and I suspect he means it (that every woman is beautiful).

• Love 13
On 8/9/2020 at 2:33 PM, Shannon L. said:

From what I could tell, it looked like way too much fabric for her, like it was swallowing her up. I definitely liked the blush one better. 

It was swallowing her up but also way too low cut, from the photo we saw I thought it made her look heavy which she isn't. The Kleinfelds one was way nicer
Although it could be just that that was a bad pic went on her instagram to see if she had posted a proper wedding photo but of course it was cancelled because of covid.

I agreed with the weight loss brides mother and aunt that it was too much lace, I think shes quite petite and didn't have the frame for so much lace but it wasn't a bad a dress I just prefered the plainer looks on her.

The 12.5k Pnina bride, its an ok dress but it in no way looks its price point and I think she could have gotten a similar look for cheaper. I hated the headdress she put with it, whats the point in having an expensive dress if you're diverting all the attention away from it with a gaudy headpiece

• Love 5
On 8/9/2020 at 6:48 PM, Grizzly said:

I really liked I Found the Gown. Wish they'd bring that back.

Me too, that was such an interesting show. If I was looking for a wedding dress I'd go there above Kleinfelds, you get to look through the racks yourself and they are so much cheaper also you don't have to wait months for it to be ordered and then you have to pay for it to be altered anyway so there isn't that much point not just buying off the rack. I really liked all the consultants on that show, especially Barb

• Love 4

The Pnina bride looked really good in her dress -- better than I would have expected, though I know I suspect with her great figure she could have found something a lot less expensive that still looked terrific on her.   I also hated the hairpiece.  It was like a giant claw on her head.  I was hoping she'd take it off for the reception.  

The consultant with the too-white teeth -- need to wear sunglasses.  Whitener is a good thing but, as with plastic surgery, a little goes a long way.

This week, I was happy to see dresses that were not all Pnina, were not strapless, were not trashy . . . different designers, different styles (i.e., long sleeves) and reasonable price points.  And brides that looked like most women from a size perspective (not size 2).  That at least was a plus.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dogdays2 said:

This week, I was happy to see dresses that were not all Pnina, were not strapless, were not trashy . . . different designers, different styles (i.e., long sleeves) and reasonable price points.  And brides that looked like most women from a size perspective (not size 2).  That at least was a plus.

Speaking of which, since I love wedding gowns, I tend to click on every link of FB that has pictures of them ("check out the latest wedding gowns....!") and plenty of them have multiple pictures of long sleeved gowns.  One site even said that full coverage was a trend this year.  So, instead of having Randy complain about the lack of long sleeved gowns, maybe they should stock a few more (I'm sure they don't get a ton of requests for them, but maybe a few more styles wouldn't hurt so the long sleeved brides have a few more choices).

• Love 4
On 8/8/2020 at 8:34 AM, DiamondGirl said:

Samantha was beautiful in that fitted lace dress.  I’m glad she stuck up for it.

I thought she looked so much better in the Kleinfelds dress - I was yelling at the TV noooo don't buy that terrible dress in Boston. I live in New England and have no idea who she is. But morning DJs are kind of a dying breed so not surprised. 

• Love 2

I don't mind Randy's signature line. Lots of people have signature greetings.

And I think it is especially nice because I do think it reflects his joy in dressing woman of all sizes, shapes, ethnicities, sexual persuasion etc. I really appreciate that Randy sees the beauty in all the women unlike other designers who only appreciate those who measure up to narrow definitions.

I have seen him dress women who are completely outside societal norms and they truly look and feel beautiful when they take his input.

My observation is that he almost never dresses a woman in something that is unflattering. Of course, he is tactful and so when a bride wants something that is completely unsuitable to her body type, he will stand back rather than try to convince her why her dream gown isn't flattering.

• Love 15

I liked Taekwondo brides dress but I wish they'd stop being so gimicky on this show. I get that as a small business its a great opportunity to advertise but all of them wearing the uniforms and then breaking the boards (also am I just being bitchy or am I right it can't be difficult to do if Randy who hasn't any training can do it?).

I thought that the adopted brides dress was nice and on theme for Greek goddess without being too costumey. I thought her adoptive and bio Mothers both being there was very sweet and you could feel the love they both had for her and the respect they had for each other in spite of different styles.

I thought weight loss brides dress looked lovely on her but I thought she was forcing a wacky personality for the wedding and that it was a bit too over the top. I liked the venue. She was very lucky with the timing with having it on Valentines Day this year.

• Love 11

I liked Taekwondo brides dress but I wish they'd stop being so gimicky on this show. I get that as a small business its a great opportunity to advertise but all of them wearing the uniforms and then breaking the boards (also am I just being bitchy or am I right it can't be difficult to do if Randy who hasn't any training can do it?).

I found myself wondering how many "takes" there were before Randy managed it,

• Love 6

Both brides had really beautiful skin. I've never even heard of a watteau, and yes I had to look up the spelling. It was different, at least. Not sure I loved the whole look butshe certainly did. Didn't like the dress of the heavy bride we only saw say Yes either. Sweetheart necklines really are more flattering to that body shape. Today's Pnina was shockingly 95% classy. If she hadn't been threatening to spill out of the top with the floppy straps it would have been nearly perfect.

I probably shouldn't be surprised there is such a thing as a mechanical bull shark.

• Love 4
On 8/14/2020 at 10:01 AM, jenifaohjenny said:

I thought she looked so much better in the Kleinfelds dress - I was yelling at the TV noooo don't buy that terrible dress in Boston. I live in New England and have no idea who she is. But morning DJs are kind of a dying breed so not surprised. 

Boston bride looked like she was wearing a sofa from the 1970's in that pants suit.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Both brides had really beautiful skin. I've never even heard of a watteau, and yes I had to look up the spelling. It was different, at least. Not sure I loved the whole look butshe certainly did. Didn't like the dress of the heavy bride we only saw say Yes either. Sweetheart necklines really are more flattering to that body shape. Today's Pnina was shockingly 95% classy. If she hadn't been threatening to spill out of the top with the floppy straps it would have been nearly perfect.

I probably shouldn't be surprised there is such a thing as a mechanical bull shark.

My wedding gown had a watteau train in 1968.  Very french inspired.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, maggiegil said:

I liked Taekwondo brides dress but I wish they'd stop being so gimicky on this show. I get that as a small business its a great opportunity to advertise but all of them wearing the uniforms and then breaking the boards (also am I just being bitchy or am I right it can't be difficult to do if Randy who hasn't any training can do it?)..

I couldn't believe they sent her out in that mermaid dress. She looked like a slob in it. For a black belt in Taekwondo, she didn't have the body of a healthy athlete. The other ladies looked more the part.

Those 'boards' must have been very flimsy props. The gimmicks are getting tiresome.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, CruiseDiva said:

I couldn't believe they sent her out in that mermaid dress. She looked like a slob in it. For a black belt in Taekwondo, she didn't have the body of a healthy athlete. The other ladies looked more the part.

Those 'boards' must have been very flimsy props. The gimmicks are getting tiresome.

And I'm so tired of the brides that have to pleased their mothers or their entourage.  I picked out what I wanted to wear.  Couldn't have cared less if anyone else liked it.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, cameron said:

And I'm so tired of the brides that have to pleased their mothers or their entourage.  I picked out what I wanted to wear.  Couldn't have cared less if anyone else liked it.

The first time my mother saw my dress was on my wedding day. 😎

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, CruiseDiva said:

I couldn't believe they sent her out in that mermaid dress. She looked like a slob in it.

I couldn't believe Randy suggested she try that silhouette!

Normally I try to avoid body shaming, but my first thought when I saw her in it was she looked like a stuffed sausage. I couldn't believe her entourage telling her how great she looked.

While I agree with Randy brides should try different silhouettes, if I were a consultant I would encourage that only if a bride was fixated on a silhouette I knew wouldn't be flattering to her body shape (to prevent them from giving up), or if I had a bride I knew would look good in any silhouette (to expand their horizons).

The mermaid silhouette looks awful on apple shaped bodies. Taekwando bride's body is apple shaped. When she came in and asked for an A-line ballgown she knew that would be the most flattering, and she was right!

• Love 6

I think they push trying different silhouettes, and keep trying on alternatives to showcase the available dresses.      

I hated everything the Boston bride tried on.   The pouffy bottom dresses made her look 2 feet tall, and like her breasts were at her waist.    The one with the huge side slit up to her cash and prizes area (from DCC Making the Team) was even worse.   It made her look like a fire plug with bad taste.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 8/8/2020 at 8:34 AM, DiamondGirl said:

No I like it.  Not that I would, but if I ever did go there I'd be disappointed if I didn't hear it from him 😄 

What I am tired of:

1. they boast that they have so many dresses but then act like whatever completely common thing the bride asks for is next to impossible for them to find (because she doesn't want to spend enough)

2. those ballgowns that have a waistline around the bottom of the rib cage rather than the actual waist, so they all look fatter than they are, and no one seems bothered by it but me

16 hours ago, eyelash said:

I found myself wondering how many "takes" there were before Randy managed it,

I was wondering if Randy takes tae kwon do at their studio and was scoring them some free advertising 😄 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, princelina said:

2. those ballgowns that have a waistline around the bottom of the rib cage rather than the actual waist, so they all look fatter than they are, and no one seems bothered by it but me

Come sit by me! You're not alone. Ballgowns don't look good on everyone. They're almost always going to make a short-waisted woman look dumpy. And although I'm willing to allow for the fact that a sample size gown that's bungee-corded together in the back isn't going to hit at all the right spots, all I can think is that the brides are looking more at the design of the gown than how it looks on them. The ballgowns that we've seen on women in the last few weeks have done them no favors at all. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

What does the body of a “healthy athlete” look like? 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, rur said:

Come sit by me! You're not alone. Ballgowns don't look good on everyone. They're almost always going to make a short-waisted woman look dumpy. And although I'm willing to allow for the fact that a sample size gown that's bungee-corded together in the back isn't going to hit at all the right spots, all I can think is that the brides are looking more at the design of the gown than how it looks on them. The ballgowns that we've seen on women in the last few weeks have done them no favors at all. 

It seems to me that when I see a ballgown on Four Weddings they have lower waists and look better on everyone - it's like the current fashion is to have the high-waisted gowns that sit in the wrong place.  A lot of the Hayley Paige gowns are too high.  It can't be comfortable that way either!

• Love 5

My pet peeve are the brides who come walking out of the dressing room in their bare feet.  There’s something to wearing even a small heel that tends to lift your body and makes a dress look better.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, hula-la said:

What does the body of a “healthy athlete” look like? 

Fit and trim. I was avoiding body shaming, but she was pretty chubby and dumpy. Her entourage all looked slimmer and athletic in their  Taekwondo uniforms.

16 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

My pet peeve are the brides who come walking out of the dressing room in their bare feet.  There’s something to wearing even a small heel that tends to lift your body and makes a dress look better.

That's my peeve as well. Even when I went shopping for a mother-of-the-groom dress I had the heels I'd be wearing with whatever dress I chose.

• Love 4