Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Allure Bridals debuts Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection

Ranging from sizes 0 - 30, nine of the gowns from The Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection range from $1,200 - $2,600 and each includes a mesmerizing mix of embroidered detailing, detachable accessories, soft crepe and sprinkles of sparkle throughout. These styles will be available in 81 bridal salons across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.

The other seven in the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Platinum collection retail from $3,500 - $9,500 and are specifically inspired by Ariel, Aurora, Tiana, Belle, Jasmine and Snow White. These gowns will exclusively be sold at Kleinfeld Bridal in New York and Toronto.

The Belle is surprisingly elegant and classy. The Pocahontas looks very close to a dress featured on the UK edition last season.

I fully expect we'll see them pushing this collection on the brides once they can film again. Bridal industry is going to be hit hard, I saw a report when China shut everything down but before other countries had, that 80% of wedding dresses in the world are made in China.

• Love 1
On 6/28/2020 at 6:28 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

Bridal industry is going to be hit hard, I saw a report when China shut everything down but before other countries had, that 80% of wedding dresses in the world are made in China.

You mean Pnina isn't hand stitching her monstrosities in a basement somewhere?  I'm shocked!

• LOL 5

Pnina, or really her minions, may be hand stitching. Isn't that how they justify the outrageous pricing? But I may have spoken too soon because there are new episodes starting this Saturday and the description is about Keinfeld being forced to close their doors because of the pandemic.

Hello everyone from Melbourne Australia!  Found this form a few weeks ago and have been binge reading through the posts (so far up to page 30).  I'm a nitpicker too at some of the wedding dresses.  OMG some of the choices are absolute shockers!  They seriously can't think they look good in what they choose?!!?

SYTTD Australia was very short lived here and TBH, rather blah.

Anywho, here and there SYTTD Lancershire airs here and I LOVE Gok Wan!  The dresses he helps choose for his brides are 100x better than Kleinfelds.  He really knows his stuff.

We get a mix of old and new SYTTD here, so reading through some of the old posts, I know who y'all are talking about.

Shame it's no longer on, but I guess the re-runs will keep us amused for years to come!

• Love 3
On 9/7/2019 at 8:42 PM, hula-la said:

I’m loving the voice of Cheryl (Sheryl?) Low, the bride from Hong Kong. I could listen to her talk about anything!

I just watched their wedding video...she is not wearing that dress she chose on the show, it is a much prettier dress actually.   They seemed they like the fame from being on TV, I feel like they had an over the top proposal story that the producers wanted show as in how glamorous Kleinfeld clients can be.

• Love 3

Weddings are not essential in a pandemic. That said, they seem to have gone with women who would fit a sample size.

Jocelyn is like the biologically female version of Shangela. For somebody who wanted an explosion of feathers the dress she ended up with is kind of meh.

• Love 4

I haven't been here in a while.  I saw some new episodes of SYTTD Atlanta, but I just can't deal with the the two hosts, so I didn't watch them.  I was surprised so see a new episode while I was flipping through the channels last night.  I'm glad the nurse chose the Loretta (Lorraina?).  The one with the flowers was lovely, but the other one she chose was stunning.  I felt a little bad for the athlete because I think she'd have viewed the first, two piece dress, differently if Lisa could have been there to work with her personally.  She still might have chosen a different one, but she may not have been so disappointed.  I knew the lake side wedding bride would choose the 2nd dress (which was also the best one, imo) because it fit her properly. 

I thought the athlete's first dress was stunning -- from the front. It's possible that the top being sheer and essentially backless was what encouraged her to say "next".  I don't see how  a person could be very comfortable in something styled like that on a day that involves moving around a lot. 

I did think it was humorous that the dress that Jocelyn's mom said made her look like a can of exploded biscuits was a Pnina (It was a perfect description, by the way, and something that more brides should be told when trying a strapless gown). 

• Love 3

So, we got a show with the Pandemic raging on, then we had an hour of what seemed like a normal day in NYC.   I'm assuming that was filmed pre-pandemic.   Watching Randy blow out the candles on his cake made me realize just how icky that tradition is!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The second hour started with "Six months ago"  written across the screen. 

I watched it, but I was wondering if these were folks who wouldn't have made the final cut if there had been no pandemic.

• Love 1

I enjoyed the entire two hours...these brides aren't like regular people...they just aren't...I love the Hayley Paige segment, and I do love her gowns...(she has that tone on tone satin/organdy striped fabric I can't get enough of)...Loretta was perfect for the nurse...

Jocelyn was over the top...loud, obnoxious, self centered and was taken down a peg or two when her entourage didn't like any of the gowns until the one she actually chose...which was perfect for a beach wedding in Puerto Rico. The bridesmaids' gowns were a hard no given the body habitus of the bridesmaids...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, rur said:

The second hour started with "Six months ago"  written across the screen. 

Thanks!  I missed that part!  Seems like they should've started with that one and then ended with the most current one.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I was very confused by the athlete saying a 2 mile run was a long run and then I recognized her as a hurdler, which made a ton more sense.

I love Caila, and her dress was just gorgeous.

Edited by Ciarrai
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Ciarrai said:

I love Caila, and her dress was just gorgeous.

Agreed!  She seemed to be a lovely person - inside and out - and that dress was absolutely stunning!  I loved her reaction when she put it on.  Total polar opposite of obnoxious Jocelyn.  *shudders*

• Love 3
On 7/16/2020 at 11:33 AM, Irlandesa said:

I'm shocked that he hasn't been able to pull off getting cast on DWTS considering some of the bottom of the barrel contestants they've had in the past decade. 

He'd be awesome!  I hope they consider him.

• Love 3

I would enjoy seeing Randy, but I will be boycotting DWTS. I'm furious that they axed Tom Bergeron. He was my favorite TV host, loved his sly wit.  Replacing him with Tyra Banks? I just can't…

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My exception was for Donny Osmond, he was my childhood crush.

Mine was for Drew Scott (The Property Brother)...I especially enjoyed the episode when brother Jonathan danced with them...not surprisingly Jonathan is the better dancer...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/14/2020 at 7:38 PM, maggiegil said:

I liked the dress Jocelyn chose but my goodness was she irritating, stealing catchphrases from Drag Race does not a personality make.

Ugh she was the worst - so annoying. 

And the bridal consultant with her over the top singing...that was a lot.

Edited by jenifaohjenny
  • Love 1
(edited)

Currently watching “I Wanna Be Naked” and wishing people would once and for all understand the difference between “vagina” and “vulva.”

Spoiler tagging as for me at least, the ep is rolling out new:

Spoiler

Also, I wholeheartedly advocate for people to be happy with themselves. And why not flaunt what you’ve got when we all end up as skeletons & ash at the end anyway? It’s still interesting that the wanna-be-naked chick is embracing the “I’m fabulous the way I am and everyone needs to know it and did I mention I GOTTA BE NAKED” with a full face of makeup, waxing, conventional societal presentation, etc. She said she’s been judged and put down for much of her life; maybe this is her way of winning? From the outside, I see it as more conforming, but maybe that’s me judging, ha.

Spoiler

Aw, that segment turned out better than expected. She found a dress closer to her inner nature than outward presentation.

Edited by HouseofBeck
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, HouseofBeck said:

Currently watching “I Wanna Be Naked” and wishing people would once and for all understand the difference between “vagina” and “vulva.”

Spoiler tagging as for me at least, the ep is rolling out new:

Reveal spoiler

Also, I wholeheartedly advocate for people to be happy with themselves. And why not flaunt what you’ve got when we all end up as skeletons & ash at the end anyway? It’s still interesting that the wanna-be-naked chick is embracing the “I’m fabulous the way I am and everyone needs to know it and did I mention I GOTTA BE NAKED” with a full face of makeup, waxing, conventional societal presentation, etc. She said she’s been judged and put down for much of her life; maybe this is her way of winning? From the outside, I see it as more conforming, but maybe that’s me judging, ha.

She and her mother both need to get the hell over themselves.  The dress she chose makes her look like a cut-rate Las Vegas stripper.

• Love 3
(edited)

The 'I Wanna Be Naked' episode is on, it's only the first 9 minutes, of the second hour (I missed the first hour), and I want to kick the fannies of both mothers (They should have called it "Mothers from Hell").   The first one, who tells her daughter that she hates the dress, but she'll pay for it, was horrible.    When Randy has to step away, then you know it's awful.    My guess, is that poor daughter has been criticized by the mother her entire life, and mom will never stop.

The second where the daughter is wearing a strapless, and the mother keeps talking about her daughter's chubby arms (apparently daughter was super thin, and regained), and the fact that the corset back gives her back fat, is also horrible.    The daughter should just get what she can afford, pay for her own wedding, and not even invite the mother.     Whoever that awful friend or relative is with the mother should shut her mouth.    

The next bride wants a black dress, and veil.     The mother is awful again, and the bride is awful too.   One sneeze, and everyone will see what her assets look like.     The bride did pick an off white, but her chest is all exposed, and looks so skimpy, and cheap.  

The next bride where the bride wants anything but white, and ball gown, has another mother that is revolting.    The woman actually called the groom to come and lay down the law.    So they have another man right in the rooms now?    How can Randy say a dress with boobs hanging out is fit for a Queen?   My guess, the whole black dress routine was just to get on the show.   

The bride with the mean man in her entourage is so wrong to bring him.    

I hate the friends and relatives that pull a dress for the bride to try that is thousands above the bride's price point.     It's not like the friend is going to pay for anything.      The 'friend' who picked a dress way over the bride's dress budget is such a jerk.    She should tell that woman to leave, and cut her off, that woman isn't her friend at all.  My guess is the friend is jealous, and wants to ruin the wedding.   

I missed the first hour, so I missed Miss I Wanna Be Naked.   I'm so glad I missed it

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Alexis could have saved $15,885.00 by substituting a g-string (with a see-thru crotch) and a pair of pasties for that Pnina Tornai dress.

Same thing, really.

Alexis said:

“At this point, I don’t even care that people are judging me. This is my wedding, my day, my husband, and it’s all about how I feel in it.”

Without considering your choice of attire might make your friends, family, and your future husband(!) very uncomfortable? 

Maybe wishing they had RSVPed their regrets to your invite, and wondering if they can take back the wedding gift they bought you?

It's all about YOU?

Silly me. I thought weddings were about two people solemnizing what will hopefully be a life long commitment to each other, and celebrating that union with the people closest to them - their family and friends.

That dress (without the lining - you wanted that removed) says you hope your guest's main takeaway from the wedding is the ability to describe your vajayjay - in intimate detail. 

That's a "favor" I'll bet your guests would be happy to do without.

Screenshot_20200717-165922-01.thumb.jpeg.0d00d48e218d83fa5f7bc6aadbdd6572.jpeg

• Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The 'I Wanna Be Naked' episode is on, it's only the first 9 minutes, and I want to kick the fannies of both mothers (They should have called it "Mothers from Hell").   The first one, who tells her daughter that she hates the dress, but she'll pay for it, was horrible.    When Randy has to step away, then you know it's awful.    My guess, is that poor daughter has been criticized by the mother her entire life, and mom will never stop.

That was the second hour and it's a repeat (with commentary).  Some of the Mom's we've seen are really horrible people!

13 hours ago, rur said:

From the "You said it; I didn't" department:

"This takes attention whore to a new level."

That's the understatement of the year.   I'm shaking my head at the lack of modesty I see with some of these brides.  Call me old-fashioned, but some things are better left to the imagination - or for your honeymoon.   I would be very uncomfortable to see a bride walk down the aisle in a naked gown.  Just no.  Don't even invite me!   It was ridiculous.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Alexis could have saved $15,885.00 by substituting a g-string (with a see-thru crotch) and a pair of pasties for that Pnina Tornai dress.

Same thing, really.

Alexis said:

“At this point, I don’t even care that people are judging me. This is my wedding, my day, my husband, and it’s all about how I feel in it.”

Without considering your choice of attire might make your friends, family, and your future husband(!) very uncomfortable? 

Maybe wishing they had RSVPed their regrets to your invite, and wondering if they can take back the wedding gift they bought you?

It's all about YOU?

Silly me. I thought weddings were about two people solemnizing what will hopefully be a life long commitment to each other, and celebrating that union with the people closest to them - their family and friends.

That dress (without the lining - you wanted that removed) says you hope your guest's main takeaway from the wedding is the ability to describe your vajayjay - in intimate detail. 

This dress is HIDEOUS.  Attention whore is right.

• Love 8

I liked the dress for the bride that got married in the DR.  I think her wedding was beautiful...but I have to say that I think the red bridesmaids dresses threw me.  Whenever I think of a beautiful beach wedding, I think bridesmaids in pretty aqua or sandy beige - something "beachy".  The bright red on a beach looks off to me.

When it comes to hour two - I am only a few minutes in, but I know these are repeats with added commentary.  The first dress is UGLY, but the mom was pretty bitchy.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Did I miss a bit where the budget went up from 10k to 16k?

I went into it preparing to hate her based on the preview but the way she talked about her fiance endeared me to her a little. I don't understand why anyone would want a naked dress, the focus is already completely on you on that day I don't know how you could want more attention.

I'm nosy and I found her wedding website from googling her name (wedding was supposed to be June 20th). One of the items on their registry is very on brand

image.thumb.png.1250eda497b2054efe0b886a15f88104.png

They really seemed to pull off a miracle finding a 2 in 1 dress for Courtney at such short notice and so under budget. I was a bit meh on it in Kleinfeld but I thought she looked gorgeous on her wedding day, really liked her hair and makeup and the bridesmaids dresses were a beautiful color

• Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Same thing, really.

Alexis said:

It's all about YOU?

I saw Snippet of this I want to be naked Bride on their Instagram and I was like of course they're going to put her in a Pnina, but that particular dress above is ugly as all get-out. There are so many different ways she could have gone with "I want to be naked" wedding gown. The dress that Beyonce wore to the Grammys, it was white with covered in flowers and lace and see through, I think it was made by Michael Costello that was beautiful. Something like that is what I had in mind when naked bride said what she said.

Edited by carolinagirl81
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, maggiegil said:

I'm nosy and I found her wedding website from googling her name (wedding was supposed to be June 20th). One of the items on their registry is very on brand

Do you also remember Alexis talking about how other people often think she's too much?

Take a look at the Wikipedia page for Histrionic Personality Disorder

The way Alexis speaks, her need to be the center of attention, her exhibitionism - as well as most of the other characteristics of HPD - seem to fit her to a T.

• Love 5

There was a miracle in the naked twerp’s episode: Hayley Page was not wearing her “aren’t I adorable” hat. She was still wearing unfortunate white short go-go boots with a black mini, though.

• Love 4

Filmed in the winter so December-January-February. The look on Antonella's face when the bride said she wanted to be naked should be a meme. And then they gave her exactly what she asked for and Alexis was 'Uh, okaaay this is actually too naked.' I liked her mother though. "Do you want a circle on your vagina?" Of course she ended up with a Pnina. Nice free commercial for the DR there. But if you need to walk out of the store with a dress you're better off going to David's Bridal than Keinfeld's.

Didn't we see Hayley Page get married just a few seasons ago, with her three personally designed wedding gowns? She must have kicked him to the curb pretty darn quick, since she has another fiancee already. No more Marlo and Margo, please show, I'm begging you.

• Love 2
(edited)

Kleinfield's is really scraping the bottom of the barrel with Jocelyn from last week and Alexis and her Mom this week.  Of course, anyone that does the kind of podcast that she does just wants the additional exposure.  i would trade that mother in for another model.  Just rewatched the episode again and her mother is really a work of awful.  You can see why she turned out the way that she did.  Not a good role model.

Edited by cameron
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

No more Marlo and Margo, please show, I'm begging you.

Yes!!! They pulled the BS with that whole wanting a cape for the wedding dress, trying to be so extra was just so boring, there is nothing alluring about them at all.  Kleinfeld's has gone way over produced.

6 hours ago, jcbrown said:

There was a miracle in the naked twerp’s episode: Hayley Page was not wearing her “aren’t I adorable” hat. She was still wearing unfortunate white short go-go boots with a black mini, though.

I think it is funny that production wants us to believe that Ronny on the fly says to Hayley that he would like a Kleinfeld only Hayley Paige collection, I am pretty sure there is much paperwork and financials as well as certain fabrics (cheaper) that will be used, price point discussions, etc...it sort of turned in to that line from the Andy Hardy movies, "Hey kids, let's put on a play!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Same thing, really.

Alexis said:

It's all about YOU?

The lining in that dress looks like a large adult diaper, c'mon Pnina, do better.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, maggiegil said:

That's on a wedding registry?  Do these brides have no shame at all?  Just when I think that I've seen it all!!  😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 7