Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Holy shit - Victoria looked terrible in every dress (IMO) - why did no one tell her? They were not figure flattering at all or well suited for her body type? So strange. I mean the ceremony dress was a little better but both  “party” dresses? Yikes. I was yelling at the tv. I usually want the people not to be assholes to the bride but this was a time for someone to say NO. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Both versions were bugging me this week.  The Virginia bride seemed like a pill.  "Maybe I didn't explain what I wanted well enough"  Bo-ho ballgown with some sparkle.  Gee, ya think maybe you didn't explain it well?  How about this:  Bring in pictures of styles you like (God, I wish more brides would do that!).  I love the Haley Paige striped one and I do like the one she chose, though (which didn't have any sparkle).  I laugh when they say "It looks like a prom gown".  I'd love to see pictures of the proms they went to!

Long Island medium family wasn't as bad as I expected.  I loved how respectful she was of her daughter's choices.  But, I can't imagine getting reception dress that's so full and frilly and with such a long train.  I wonder if the designer (was that a Haley Paige, too?) would make it tea length?

In the England version, that first 50s-style gown, imo, looked terrible.  The bow made her look like an older bride trying to look like a little girl. I do like the one she chose, but I'm not a fan of the blush.  However, I when she was talking about the tough choice, I kept saying "how about the one that fits your mom's budget and not the one that is 2x her budget?"  I was a little tired, though, so maybe I missed someone saying that they'd chip in on the difference?

Which brings me to Gok:  I really liked him in the last episode, for the most part, but this time?  For God's sake man!  "I know what her budget is, but I'm going to bring her something that's twice as much".  "I know the two brides want certain styles, but I'm going to bring them something totally different than what they asked for"  It worked in the 1st episode, but I think  he got lucky.  Anyway, why not start with what they asked for them to see how it looks and move on from there if they are having a hard time finding something they like?  How about bringing 3 dresses or so for them to choose from?  Personally, my favorite was the second one that the ballerina (Lisa-Jo?) tried on.  I didn't like the 3rd one--I  thought there was too much going on--and the headband, imo, was awful.   Having said that, what I like about the England version (this one and the other one they did a couple of seasons ago) is seeing the different styles than what we see on the US version and seeing how they can get a beautiful dress without breaking the bank.  It makes me wonder if Klienfeld's is overpricing their gowns.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I thought I'd like the cop at first based on the reveal but she did turn out to be a pretty picky bride.  I do think the show set her up for that.  I bet she showed them the dresses she liked and they waited until the end to bring one of her top five to her--perhaps the only one allocated for the show.

Theresa was such a supportive mother so that was nice to see.  I liked her ceremony dress.  The party dress was good except for the bosom area.  Maybe a dress that fits won't make them look like they're falling out.

Onto the UK stuff--

I thought it was very sweet of Lisa Jo's parents to buy both wedding dresses.  I wonder if Vicky's parents aren't as supportive.  I loved both of the dresses Vicky came out in, although the one without the deep V was probably too revealing for her overall.  I didn't love any of the dresses Lisa Jo came out in; although the second one was better.  The headband  didn't do her any favors. I tend to think those look better with hair that has some body so I hope they add some curls for her.

I LOVED the polka dot dress. I was as disappointed as her awesome grandpa looked when she chose the second dress.  Given her attitude and where she was having her wedding, I think the polka dots would fit better in with the vibe than her second dress.  But then again, I am one who is afraid of bling as I think it often ends up looking cheap.  And I think the second dress with its bling and poof looked like a mess.

But what I really want to talk about is the bride who came in for a fitting.   He proposes to her after 7 weeks and only after they had an argument?  She wants big boobs.  And then she doesn't.  She also wants a super tight dress giving her no room for error in terms of maintaining her weight. How long do you think that marriage will last?

• Love 3

I just watched a marathon that included the bride named Marlena. Stunning woman. But she repeated several times that she’d been waiting to marry this guy for “sixteen years” since they were 19. Over and over with the “sixteen years”.  She added that if she had to, she’d wait “sixteen more”. What?? At one point she declared she was going to “run down the aisle to him.” At the end of the episode, they showed the husband saying he didn’t propose to her all this time because he was “scared”. He proposed to her after their daughter was around 3.  (I’d assumed there was a reason for his reluctance, like multiple deployments or something, but he was just a commitment phobe.)  It made me feel rather bad for her. She acted like he was doing her a massive favor by finally marrying her and she was so absurdly grateful for it. 

She drove me a bit nuts while trying on dresses because she kept talking in code. She wanted lace, they brought out lace. After a long time, she pouted and said something like, I just want the LOVE to shine out of me, nothing more! Okay, so, in other words, you want an understated, unfussy dress with few embellishments that doesn’t overwhelm you. Fair enough, but why not just say so in plain words?? She sounded a bit soap opera-ish. 

On a positive note, she and her fiance paid for their own wedding and the dress. That’s refreshing. I am off the charts annoyed at the immature brides pouting in mommy or daddy’s direction when they fall in love with a $16,000 frock and the budget was only $4,000. Even more annoyed at the parents who cave in to the pouting. Hey, who needs a house or pay bills or take a nice trip when there’s a giant pile of lace and tulle you can wear for a few hours?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Bad Example said:

Long Island Liar can just go fuck off with her attention-seeking and her emotional manipulation of people's pain.  I hate that she's on the show, I hate that people believe her, I hate that she exists.  

I've never seen her show and don't believe her claims for a minute, but based on her demeanor, I expected her to be a lot more obnoxious when it came to her daughter's choices of wedding dresses.  I don't know if her daughter has any part in the show, but it looked to me like she was fighting an eye roll or two when her mother started in on the stuff with the spirits pushing at her.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

I just watched a marathon that included the bride named Marlena. Stunning woman. But she repeated several times that she’d been waiting to marry this guy for “sixteen years” since they were 19. Over and over with the “sixteen years”.  She added that if she had to, she’d wait “sixteen more”. What?? At one point she declared she was going to “run down the aisle to him.” At the end of the episode, they showed the husband saying he didn’t propose to her all this time because he was “scared”. He proposed to her after their daughter was around 3.  (I’d assumed there was a reason for his reluctance, like multiple deployments or something, but he was just a commitment phobe.)  It made me feel rather bad for her. She acted like he was doing her a massive favor by finally marrying her and she was so absurdly grateful for it. 

She drove me a bit nuts while trying on dresses because she kept talking in code. She wanted lace, they brought out lace. After a long time, she pouted and said something like, I just want the LOVE to shine out of me, nothing more! Okay, so, in other words, you want an understated, unfussy dress with few embellishments that doesn’t overwhelm you. Fair enough, but why not just say so in plain words?? She sounded a bit soap opera-ish. 

On a positive note, she and her fiance paid for their own wedding and the dress. That’s refreshing. I am off the charts annoyed at the immature brides pouting in mommy or daddy’s direction when they fall in love with a $16,000 frock and the budget was only $4,000. Even more annoyed at the parents who cave in to the pouting. Hey, who needs a house or pay bills or take a nice trip when there’s a giant pile of lace and tulle you can wear for a few hours?

I remember her...the girl hasn't enough self confidence to tell him that "you knocked me up, but we'll never be a family until we're married" No way I'd be having kids without an external commitment....

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

It makes me wonder if Klienfeld's is overpricing their gowns.

Kleinfeld’s prices have to cover Manhattan rents. (And from what they showed of the U.K. salon, Kleinfeld’sbprices have to cover a great many more salaries as well.)

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I thought it was very sweet of Lisa Jo's parents to buy both wedding dresses.  I wonder if Vicky's parents aren't as supportive.

I didn't really get their back story. Are they marrying each other or having a double wedding with grooms? I'm confused.

Marrying each other. 

Most people aren't aware that Kleinfelds started life in a Brooklyn warehouse. That there is a whole cottage bridal industry in Brooklyn with shops that offers lots of variety and a commensurate experience, as well as discount bridal outlets. Manhattan has more cache though and gets more attention.

12 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

When did they get a Goth saleswoman——spiked dog collar and all?  Doesn’t scream “I’m here to help brides”. 

Yeah, the Kleinfeld standards have really taken a hit.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Yeah, the Kleinfeld standards have really taken a hit.

I agree, they trot out the same dresses for everyone each season, strapless, ruching, jeweled belt, mermaid fit...also, the Pnina stripper fairy dresses, boobs out at all costs.  

If my daughter (ever gets a ring from her boyfriend of almost 6 years although she says she is not interested in a dress or a ring, oy!) gets engaged I would seek out a small boutique.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I agree, they trot out the same dresses for everyone each season, strapless, ruching, jeweled belt, mermaid fit...also, the Pnina stripper fairy dresses, boobs out at all costs.  

Yes!!!!!  I think SYTTD has jumped the shark.  It’s the same old, same old every week.  You have the pain in the ass mother, or the pain in the ass bridesmaids, the same dresses trotted out each show and the plus size brides choosing inappropriate styles (I’m a plus size woman so I know from whence I speak) that just look bad on so many of these girls.  You really shouldn’t stuff a couple of EE honeydews into a strapless dress. I can’t stand it when the boobs are cascading out of the dress, even once the bride is supposedly wearing the finished dress.  

• Love 3

Trying to get through the Long Island fraud and the boho cop. I might not make it. 
“I’m seeing someone in white. It may be a person in your life who died. Or a bunny rabbit.” 🙄

Wonder if Randy regretted WV bride?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Trying to get through the Long Island fraud and the boho cop. I might not make it. 
“I’m seeing someone in white. It may be a person in your life who died. Or a bunny rabbit.” 🙄

Wonder if Randy regretted WV bride?

Hilarious re Long Island Medium. I was annoyed when she said this was her daughters day and it would be all about her, then did the exact opposite. Oh it’s my daughters day but if I just HAVE to do a (totally blatantly obviously fake) reading I will. I felt for her daughter, who has to live life around a woman who makes everything about HER.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

When did they get a Goth saleswoman——spiked dog collar and all?  Doesn’t scream “I’m here to help brides”. 

I actually like her because despite her appearance, she seems friendly.  Don't they try to hire types for different kinds of brides?  Like the one consultant we don't normally see whose main job it is to help religious brides find more conservative dresses?

• Love 1
On 1/8/2020 at 7:36 AM, CruiseDiva said:

I live in Augusta, Georgia and cringed with embarrassment over their actions. I assure you, most of us southern ladies behave with a bit more grace.

I wanted to smack that Chinese bride and tell her to stop crying and grow up. Frankly, I thought she was too immature to be getting married.

Yes, I’ve met lovely ladies from Georgia, and they don’t screech like a harpy.   

• Love 3

Snowing and crappy here today, caught a rerun with a bridesmaid from hell. She’s picked 14 gowns for brides and was a back talking dress pulling extra mess. It had to be a “get on tv” setup she pulled a dress $3400 over budget and then blamed the consultant for not stopping her from bringing it into the room. I found myself talking to the tv with that hag. 😂

Now watching Colorado bride. Sweet, but weepy. Raeshandra is extra and I’m kind of enjoying her. But I’m only 30 minutes into the episode. My mood might change. 

11 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Now watching Colorado bride. Sweet, but weepy.

She was a breath of fresh air from some of the loonies we've seen on this show.  I think the whole experience was a bit overwhelming for her and she didn't want to pick the wrong dress.  I thought she looked great in both dresses, so I can understand her dilemma.  I'm glad that we got to see what her life is like in Colorado, and even funnier watching Randy try to overcome his fear/dislike of cows!

I really like the SYTTD's England store.  I love the layout and style of it.  It looks very inviting.  The only nitpick would be that the dressing rooms are upstairs and the brides have to navigate the stairs in those long, flowy gowns!  I really like Gok.  I'd never heard of him before this show.  The way he helped the young woman who is blind by describing the fabric and letting her feel it and understand it was quite moving.  I loved the gown she chose.  It was very flattering on her, and her red hair is gorgeous!  A fox in the snow.  What a perfect way for Gok to describe her being in a wedding dress.  

• Love 7

Are they deliberately choosing women with problems for the Fifty States thing?  This Colorado gal could only be described as "simple" - her incessant crying and inability to make a decision was maddening.  Considering they've shown us the shrieking harpy from Georgia, and the West Virginian who wanted "boho" but didn't know what it was, I'm starting to wonder if there are any normal people who applied for this.

The English show was a breath of fresh air.  Loved the care taken with the blind bride and the one with the tiny budget.  And we learned that Randy's line is sold at places that are not Kleinfeld's.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Are they deliberately choosing women with problems for the Fifty States thing? 

Well, it does take a certain type of person to truly want to get married in a group wedding. . . And, snark aside, I'm kind of getting the impression that perhaps a lot of these young women may not have seen much of the world. Seeing their faces when Randy says they will be "Miss Georgia" or "Miss Colorado" kind of explains their mindset. They're truly enthused about things that would make me roll my eyes. So, in a way, more power to 'em. That wedding could well be the biggest day of their lives. 

• Love 2

I'm starting to wonder if there are any normal people who applied for this.

I personally don't know anyone who would apply for a group wedding, TV or no TV.  A certain type of person will apply for this -- or many of the numerous reality shows.  People just want to be on TV I guess.  Of course, I don't get the whole mindset of wanting to be a "Kleinfeld bride."  It's like where the dress comes from is more important than the dress itself.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, camom said:

It's like where the dress comes from is more important than the dress itself.

It's like the wedding is more important than the marriage. 

A wedding day, in the overall scheme of things, is way down the list of "the most important day of my life" options in my opinion,  I would wager most people married 50 years would look back and be able to list a lot of days and events that were way more important.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, ChitChat said:

She was a breath of fresh air from some of the loonies we've seen on this show.  I think the whole experience was a bit overwhelming for her and she didn't want to pick the wrong dress.  I thought she looked great in both dresses, so I can understand her dilemma.  I'm glad that we got to see what her life is like in Colorado, and even funnier watching Randy try to overcome his fear/dislike of cows!

I really like the SYTTD's England store.  I love the layout and style of it.  It looks very inviting.  The only nitpick would be that the dressing rooms are upstairs and the brides have to navigate the stairs in those long, flowy gowns!  I really like Gok.  I'd never heard of him before this show.  The way he helped the young woman who is blind by describing the fabric and letting her feel it and understand it was quite moving.  I loved the gown she chose.  It was very flattering on her, and her red hair is gorgeous!  A fox in the snow.  What a perfect way for Gok to describe her being in a wedding dress.  

Yes, a fox in the snow was a wonderful visual for her to hold onto.  Also telling her that her imagination could make the gown whatever she wanted it to be, to give her back the control the control she thought she lost over her life was so empowering for her.  When she repeated that to her family I saw how emotional Gok was, knowing that he helped her in other ways than finding a wedding gown. 

• Love 6

I’m also liking the UK version. It’s nice to see beautiful gowns at a reasonable price point. As well as sales people who don’t roll their eyes when the budget isn’t 10k. And no Pnina. Perfect. 

finally, neither the UK brides nor the sales people seem impressed with themselves because they’re on TV.  No entourages. No weird signs.  No crazy drama.  At least thus far. 

Edited by dogdays2
  • Love 8
On 1/8/2020 at 12:31 AM, Love2dance said:

So, at the mass wedding with fifty brides each couple will be able to invite about ten people each to the reception? I don’t understand the logistics of this at all.

Unless they changed it, it’s actually 52 brides/couples—besides the 50 states they’re supposed to be including couples from 2 US territories/possessions (or maybe Washington, DC & a US territory/possession, I’m not positive; I don’t think they’ve specified where the extra 2 couples will be from, other than somewhere that’s considered part of America).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/12/2020 at 8:09 AM, cameron said:

Actually have been to Hillbilly Hot Dogs for their hotdogs.  While their hotdogs were great, wouldn't want to be married there. 

I’m pretty sure Hillbilly Hot Dogs is also famous, besides this, for being on Guy Fieri’s Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives more than once (Guy visited more than once, once for the initial visit, & I think again for 1 or more special theme shows the restaurant fit in) & they were part of a DDD feature story involving fans of the show who were traveling around the country, visiting (or trying to) every place that had been featured on the show so far, at that point.

• Useful 1
30 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

Unless they changed it, it’s actually 52 brides/couples—besides the 50 states they’re supposed to be including couples from 2 US territories/possessions (or maybe Washington, DC & a US territory/possession, I’m not positive; I don’t think they’ve specified where the extra 2 couples will be from, other than somewhere that’s considered part of America).

You're right; it's 52. The 50 states plus Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Snowing and crappy here today, caught a rerun with a bridesmaid from hell. She’s picked 14 gowns for brides and was a back talking dress pulling extra mess. It had to be a “get on tv” setup she pulled a dress $3400 over budget and then blamed the consultant for not stopping her from bringing it into the room. I found myself talking to the tv with that hag. 😂

Now watching Colorado bride. Sweet, but weepy. Raeshandra is extra and I’m kind of enjoying her. But I’m only 30 minutes into the episode. My mood might change. 

Regarding the bolded: Oh God! I wanted to SMACK that lady clear into the next solar system! What a BITCH! 

She said to the consultant (1 of the older ladies who’ve been on the show forever; not James, Shay, Goth girl or any of the other newbies—I think Lisa) she’d been a bridesmaid 21 times & picked the dress the bride wore 15 times.

And then she mumbled smack talk under her breath, but I thought still noticeably, about how bad she thought the dresses were, the consultant was, probably about Kleinfeld in general, & other stuff related to the appointment (at which point, if I’d been the consultant... I wanna say it was Lisa... I’d have kicked her out of the building, or at least out of the appointment area). Hopefully Randy would’ve said something to the bitchy friend if he’d been there. She needed a talking to.

Then, like you said, @dbell1, she (probably knowing what the dress budget was, & probably having looked at the price tag), probably deliberately picked a dress $3400 over budget, probably knowing her friend the bride would fall in love with it—& then got mad at the consultant for letting her bring the dress into the dressing room. They really oughta discourage the entourages from pulling dresses, &/or tell them something like “You (should) know what the budget is (if any); if you must pull a dress/dresses PLEASE check the price tag so your dress(es) is/are within budget.” Because, of course, the bride fell in love for the dress she couldn’t have, & walked out with no dress. Which I don’t think was fair to her—everything seemed to be going well, despite the friend’s smack talking the dresses & Kleinfeld, until the dress the bride loved but couldn’t afford got picked; then it fell apart, or whatever adjectives were used in the show to describe the collapse of the appointment.

• Love 1

Having seen Raeshondra on this week’s episode, Celeb Chef/Iron Chef Cat Cora & her then fiancée/now wife, & other lesbian brides/couples/weddings on the show, I wonder if the show gets a lot of “not exactly fan mail” for choosing to include lesbian brides’ appointments (which they’d find out/know about if the clients were famous & out, or when the consultant did the usual “So tell me about your fiancé...” inquiry) on the show (which you might argue could be a “family show”, to some) even though (happily) marriage equality has come to the US & it should be perfectly acceptable as part of the show. 

7 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

I wonder if the show gets a lot of “not exactly fan mail” for choosing to include lesbian brides’ appointments...

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.  The Million Moms uprising against Hallmark forced them to stop showing a commercial with a lesbian couple.  They ultimately reversed it but the company pulled all of their advertising from Hallmark.

15 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Regarding the bolded: Oh God! I wanted to SMACK that lady clear into the next solar system! What a BITCH! 

She said to the consultant (1 of the older ladies who’ve been on the show forever; not James, Shay, Goth girl or any of the other newbies—I think Lisa) she’d been a bridesmaid 21 times & picked the dress the bride wore 15 times.

And then she mumbled smack talk under her breath, but I thought still noticeably, about how bad she thought the dresses were, the consultant was, probably about Kleinfeld in general, & other stuff related to the appointment (at which point, if I’d been the consultant... I wanna say it was Lisa... I’d have kicked her out of the building, or at least out of the appointment area). Hopefully Randy would’ve said something to the bitchy friend if he’d been there. She needed a talking to.

Then, like you said, @dbell1, she (probably knowing what the dress budget was, & probably having looked at the price tag), probably deliberately picked a dress $3400 over budget, probably knowing her friend the bride would fall in love with it—& then got mad at the consultant for letting her bring the dress into the dressing room. They really oughta discourage the entourages from pulling dresses, &/or tell them something like “You (should) know what the budget is (if any); if you must pull a dress/dresses PLEASE check the price tag so your dress(es) is/are within budget.” Because, of course, the bride fell in love for the dress she couldn’t have, & walked out with no dress. Which I don’t think was fair to her—everything seemed to be going well, despite the friend’s smack talking the dresses & Kleinfeld, until the dress the bride loved but couldn’t afford got picked; then it fell apart, or whatever adjectives were used in the show to describe the collapse of the appointment.

I saw that episode also this week....every time I see it I want to smack that snarky bridesmaid...she's no friend. And she had the nerve to blame Lisa rather than take responsibility herself for bringing the dress in without letting anyone check the price first. She complained some of the lace on one gown looked cheap, claimed it wasn't Chantilly and on and on....Randy would have spoken to her...'let us do our job'....seems to settle them down.

I loved the way Gok treated the visually impaired bride. The fox in snow was a great metaphor...She wouldn't look bad in anything...and looked spectacular in the gown she chose...

Colorado bride could have been a little more subdued, but she wanted her mom...and I get it....Love the gown Ms Extra chose...loved her confidence.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

I’m pretty sure Hillbilly Hot Dogs is also famous, besides this, for being on Guy Fieri’s Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives more than once (Guy visited more than once, once for the initial visit, & I think again for 1 or more special theme shows the restaurant fit in) & they were part of a DDD feature story involving fans of the show who were traveling around the country, visiting (or trying to) every place that had been featured on the show so far, at that point.

Totally agree.  It was a long time ago and the main reason we stopped there to eat after seeing it on DDD.  Even had their Junk Yard Dog for breakfast.  It was great.

Extra bride was very extra. But I about died laughing at the end.

"My peacocks died! And he tried to give me llamas!"

I thought Colorado bride would have looked fantastic in Linda Jo's dress from last week. Blind girl did look lovely. I'm wondering if it's part of the contract, if you get featured as a SYTTD location the store must carry Randy's line. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I was wondering if the “blush” bride picked up the vocal affectations from her bridesman or if she watches too many episodes of Kardashians.  The vocal fry was too much to hear. 

And her snatched waist rantings along with smashing the wedding cake in her groom's face told it all.  Grow up person!!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, cameron said:

And her snatched waist rantings along with smashing the wedding cake in her groom's face told it all.  Grow up person!!

Wasn’t she awful?  I have the feeling she views herself as the second coming.  I give ge marriage 3 years, tops. 

The England brides are a lot more fun than the US ones.  Love Gok.  But what makes me laugh are the subtitles.  If they don’t speak posh, like having a Geordie accent, they subtitle it.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I see Shay is dressing a little better this season. But I still don't think I'd want him as a consultant. He kept interrupting people and completing their sentences when they were critiquing the dresses, enough so that I wanted to yell "Shut Up!" at the television.

Most of the US entourages seemed nicer than some we've seen lately. I really liked the Lazarro gown that the blush bride picked, and although I'm happy that the Texas bride was happy with her gown, I'm not sure that it was "Texas Big."  Even though that mass wedding is being promoted heavily, it'll still be 52 women in a sea of white (albeit free) dresses.

Overall, though, it was a good evening. No big family feud, a variety of dresses, and no Pninas. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 3
On 1/12/2020 at 5:02 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

I'm liking the England version much better than the one with the designer whose claim to fame is Diana's dress. One of the most hideous, overworked bridal gowns ever made. Vegas-bound bride asked for a 50s gown and darned if he didn't show her exactly that. PS-when your wedding will be at a chapel and the only witnesses are paid for, no one will care about your gown. I suppose they could parade into the marriage license bureau all dressed up if she really wants to show it off. (But truly, no one will care.)

Lisa-Jo's gown is amazing and perfect for a woodland wedding.

Regarding the bolded: Some couples will wear their wedding attire to Vegas headliner shows. I’ve gone to Vegas a number of times to see a certain entertainer I’m a big fan of (more bang for your buck seeing your favorite entertainers in Vegas showrooms because most of the time they do multiple shows in a week & not just a one-off & on to the next city), & more than once there was a couple in full wedding attire, usually sitting where they got everyone’s attention, including the star of the show (who might then make a big fuss over the couple & dedicate a love song to them; possibly even invite them backstage after the show).

Edited by BW Manilowe
To fix spacing.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm hoping someone can answer this for me...

I'm not a frequent watcher but I do catch an episode here and there... In the episode I'm thinking of Randy sort of took a young male assistant under his wing for his first day as a consultant and his very first "Yes to the dress"

Im trying to remember his name but I'm drawing a blank... Any help appreciated! 

Thanks. 😃

3 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

That’s Haley Page who is co-hosting with Randy. Yes, her dress is awful. 

I didn't recognize her without her hat . . . 😉

• LOL 7
  • Love 1