Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, SuzySmith said:

Why must they rerun the episode with Kathy Griffin over and over and over.  Am I the only one who is driven batty by that woman?

I object to any episodes where one of the brides' supporters tries to take over and be the center of attention.  Kathy Griffin seems to be unable to allow anyone else to be front and center while she's around.  That kind of attention seeking can be exhausting in a toddler; it's massively annoying in a grown woman.

• Love 5

Just saw part of the episode with the Kleinfeld sales person buying 2 Pninas for her wedding.  Both gawd-awful, I must say.  I wonder how much those 2 set her back.  BTW, I'm surprised that the Catholic Church allows such revealing gowns.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

BTW, I'm surprised that the Catholic Church allows such revealing gowns.

They've probably relaxed a bit to keep/gain younger members or they aren't members of the church but paid a fee to get married there.

14 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Just saw part of the episode with the Kleinfeld sales person buying 2 Pninas for her wedding.  Both gawd-awful, I must say.  I wonder how much those 2 set her back.  BTW, I'm surprised that the Catholic Church allows such revealing gowns.

Depends on the church.  Most of them tell prospective couples that the priest can refuse to perform the service if he feels that someone is not dressed respectfully.  These days, especially in New York/New Jersey, it seems, there would be a lot of couples turned away from the church if the priests were strict about it.  I live in a large midwestern city, I am a Catholic and have attended dozens of weddings in church and have never, ever seen a bride wear anything close to a Pnina in church.  I suspect it's a regional thing and, if someone bought a stripper fairy dress at Kleinfeld's and tried to wear it in a midwestern church, the wedding would be off or the bride would be wearing some sort of jacket or shrug over her parts.

2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I suspect it's a regional thing and, if someone bought a stripper fairy dress at Kleinfeld's and tried to wear it in a midwestern church, the wedding would be off or the bride would be wearing some sort of jacket or shrug over her parts.

Or a wraparound apron to cover the exposed lady bits.

20 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

First episode of Say Yes Atlanta last night.

FYI, Koalagirl, there is a separate thread for SYTTD Atlanta, in case you want to catch up there.  I never used to watch the Atlanta version because of Monte, but I started watching reruns and as long as I can overlook him, the show is pretty good (except for some of the very young brides, eeeekkk).

• Love 1
3 hours ago, roughing it said:

FYI, Koalagirl, there is a separate thread for SYTTD Atlanta, in case you want to catch up there.  I never used to watch the Atlanta version because of Monte, but I started watching reruns and as long as I can overlook him, the show is pretty good (except for some of the very young brides, eeeekkk).

Of course there is!!!  I guess my eye stopped at SYTTD on the forum listing!  Thanks for the reminder. 

• Love 1
On 6/7/2018 at 12:04 PM, Koalagirl said:

OMG I need those to send anonymously.  A cousin is getting married black tie September 2 (yes, ruin a 3 day weekend why don't you) and one would think it's the wedding of the millenium.  7 piece band upgraded to 12 piece, photo booth, drone to take overhead pics of ceremony.  I think every wedding cliche there is. Have a feeling they'll also do fireworks as I've been told there will be lots of "surprises."  Not to mention 300 people expected - kosher wedding on Long Island so think it's now costing around $125,000 and counting.   I keep telling the bride that it's about the marriage, not about the wedding.  Grandmother, groom's parents, bride's parents paying.  Oh well,  not my monkey, not my circus.

I was actually going to ask you if it was on Long Island, haha. I'm getting marred in August. A few things, and forgive me if I sound defensive: 

- One year, I had a wedding literally every three day weekend. I'm a teacher, and I love my three day weekends. It drove me nuts, and I swore I wouldn't do this to my guests. I didn't, I insisted on a Saturday night wedding which cost me more, but I tried to think of my guests when planning. 
- You are likely the 10,000th person to tell her that "It's about the marriage, not about the wedding." Everyone knows this, and if she doesn't...she's a bridezilla who isn't going to listen to you anyway ;) Let her be.
- I have over 300 people on my guest list. I have a huge Italian family, and over 70 of us go on vacation every year on my dad's mother's side alone. Our annual Christmas party winds up being in a small room at the New Hyde Park Inn. And surprisingly, we genuinely all love each other (well, mostly everyone) and look forward to getting together. Cutting people out wasn't really an option because of this. It is what it is. I'm hoping for 250 to RSVP yes, quite frankly. We shall see. 
- My 8 piece band was upgraded to a 10 piece band because we wanted to add horns. My fiance's only real request about the whole wedding was that we had a band. All my friends had a band except for one at their wedding; it's very common around here in my experience. I'm not going around to everyone telling them how many pieces are in my band or what I added to the band, though. No one cares besides us. 
- I have a photobooth, but it's mainly because one of our groomsmen has a business doing it, and it's free. He was the one who approached us, which I felt was a nice thing to do. Not everyone loves dancing, so that is another option for people besides the dance floor. 
- Drones are included in a lot of photography packages now (I don't have one, just know this from researching photographers). I had a friend who had one at her bridal shower. I used to roll my eyes at the concept of having a professional photographer at my bridal shower...until I had mine and realized that my bridesmaids and all the people close to me were far too busy to really stop/remember to take pictures. I wish I had more images of the day, especially because my grandma is 91 and we had a great time together. 
- We have money from both my parents and his parents. It is covering most of the cost of the wedding. Yes, we are lucky...but all money comes with strings attached. Yes, I know that the money would likely be better spent putting a down payment on a house or investing, and yes, I have been told that a million times. I offered my fiance the opportunity to elope because I knew with two Italian families it was going to be a lot of opinions and an epic production. He declined. So here we are. I also own my co-op...but bottom line, how people choose to spend their money is their business. 

Long Island weddings are ridiculous. I'm a bit embarrassed about what some of my guests from other places in the country may think, because what is normal here is SO different elsewhere. 

In closing, my dress was purchased at Kleinfeld, it was cheaper than most things at my wedding, it isn't a Pnina fairy princess stripper dress, and I am very well aware that our wedding is just one day of our life. I do, however, think that our patents need to be reminded of that at some point...
Don't hate me! *runs and hides* Fine. I'm defensive. I'll admit it! ;) 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, FreetheGirlses said:

I was actually going to ask you if it was on Long Island, haha. I'm getting marred in August. A few things, and forgive me if I sound defensive: 

- One year, I had a wedding literally every three day weekend. I'm a teacher, and I love my three day weekends. It drove me nuts, and I swore I wouldn't do this to my guests. I didn't, I insisted on a Saturday night wedding which cost me more, but I tried to think of my guests when planning. 
- You are likely the 10,000th person to tell her that "It's about the marriage, not about the wedding." Everyone knows this, and if she doesn't...she's a bridezilla who isn't going to listen to you anyway ;) Let her be.
- I have over 300 people on my guest list. I have a huge Italian family, and over 70 of us go on vacation every year on my dad's mother's side alone. Our annual Christmas party winds up being in a small room at the New Hyde Park Inn. And surprisingly, we genuinely all love each other (well, mostly everyone) and look forward to getting together. Cutting people out wasn't really an option because of this. It is what it is. I'm hoping for 250 to RSVP yes, quite frankly. We shall see. 
- My 8 piece band was upgraded to a 10 piece band because we wanted to add horns. My fiance's only real request about the whole wedding was that we had a band. All my friends had a band except for one at their wedding; it's very common around here in my experience. I'm not going around to everyone telling them how many pieces are in my band or what I added to the band, though. No one cares besides us. 
- I have a photobooth, but it's mainly because one of our groomsmen has a business doing it, and it's free. He was the one who approached us, which I felt was a nice thing to do. Not everyone loves dancing, so that is another option for people besides the dance floor. 
- Drones are included in a lot of photography packages now (I don't have one, just know this from researching photographers). I had a friend who had one at her bridal shower. I used to roll my eyes at the concept of having a professional photographer at my bridal shower...until I had mine and realized that my bridesmaids and all the people close to me were far too busy to really stop/remember to take pictures. I wish I had more images of the day, especially because my grandma is 91 and we had a great time together. 
- We have money from both my parents and his parents. It is covering most of the cost of the wedding. Yes, we are lucky...but all money comes with strings attached. Yes, I know that the money would likely be better spent putting a down payment on a house or investing, and yes, I have been told that a million times. I offered my fiance the opportunity to elope because I knew with two Italian families it was going to be a lot of opinions and an epic production. He declined. So here we are. I also own my co-op...but bottom line, how people choose to spend their money is their business. 

Long Island weddings are ridiculous. I'm a bit embarrassed about what some of my guests from other places in the country may think, because what is normal here is SO different elsewhere. 

In closing, my dress was purchased at Kleinfeld, it was cheaper than most things at my wedding, it isn't a Pnina fairy princess stripper dress, and I am very well aware that our wedding is just one day of our life. I do, however, think that our patents need to be reminded of that at some point...

LOL.  The wedding IS on Long Island - Crest Hollow Country Club!!!  I went shopping with the bride and several of her entourage.  First stop was Nordstrom.  Grandma was paying for the gown and the bride had already told me privately that there really wasn't a budget.  She ended up at Bridal Reflections.  Tried on a couple of fairy stripper gowns and actually ended up with a Stephen Yeager for $5,000 which was stunning and unlike anything anyone would have expected.  It was so interesting to see in person the various designers dresses in person which I have seen on Say Yes to the Dress.    Especially Hayley Paige which I wish they would feature on the show more often as her dresses are quite lovely.

Best wishes on your upcoming wedding!

(edited)
On 6/13/2018 at 5:20 AM, FreetheGirlses said:

Wow.   Just Wow, said Gordon Ramsey.

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 1
On 6/13/2018 at 5:20 AM, FreetheGirlses said:

To me a three day weekend wedding is thoughtful because it allows out of town family/guests to attend.

• Love 2
On 6/13/2018 at 8:20 AM, FreetheGirlses said:

I'm a teacher, and I love my three day weekends.

Well, I think most people love their three day weekends no matter what their profession - especially those of us who do not get whole summers off.  But I do like weddings on those three day weekends so I can enjoy them and rest up before going back to work.  Especially if I have to travel out of town.  No rushing to get back, just stay and enjoy visiting with the rest of the out of town guests.

• Love 4

I think that Randy is very talented.  He seems to have so much to offer in the bridal world.  Is there anyway that he could get away from this Say Yes To The Dress brand?  This show has bothered me for a long time.  It finally dawned on me that the very premise is mean spirited and it's actually cruel what they do to people.  Whether it's staged for drama or not, it seems to delight in making others feel bad.  I wish Randy could find something more positive. I would think that it's TLC that finds the premise so amusing and not Kleinfeld.  

On 6/13/2018 at 10:17 AM, Koalagirl said:

LOL.  The wedding IS on Long Island - Crest Hollow Country Club!!!  I went shopping with the bride and several of her entourage.  First stop was Nordstrom.  Grandma was paying for the gown and the bride had already told me privately that there really wasn't a budget.  She ended up at Bridal Reflections.  Tried on a couple of fairy stripper gowns and actually ended up with a Stephen Yeager for $5,000 which was stunning and unlike anything anyone would have expected.  It was so interesting to see in person the various designers dresses in person which I have seen on Say Yes to the Dress.    Especially Hayley Paige which I wish they would feature on the show more often as her dresses are quite lovely.

Best wishes on your upcoming wedding!

Crest Hollow is one of the cheapest venues on the island. Wedding of the century indeed. 
While you're there, feel free to crash another one of the 3 or so weddings that will be going on at the same time. ;) 
I love Hayley Paige as well. 

19 hours ago, Brookside said:

To me a three day weekend wedding is thoughtful because it allows out of town family/guests to attend.

To me, they're selfish because you're forcing people to give up a vacation weekend to travel for your wedding. People like different things. Can't please everyone!

• Love 1
On 2018-06-15 at 12:33 AM, Brookside said:

Agree.  I’ve been to long weekend weddings.  They’re just fine with me.  You have a chance to recover.  You don’t have to accept if it’s that inconvenient.  Jeeze, not everything suits everyone.

• Love 5
On 6/15/2018 at 9:59 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I think that Randy is very talented.  He seems to have so much to offer in the bridal world.  Is there anyway that he could get away from this Say Yes To The Dress brand?  This show has bothered me for a long time.  It finally dawned on me that the very premise is mean spirited and it's actually cruel what they do to people.  Whether it's staged for drama or not, it seems to delight in making others feel bad.  I wish Randy could find something more positive. I would think that it's TLC that finds the premise so amusing and not Kleinfeld.  

I added the bold emphasis above.  Sunnybebe, could you be more specific please?  Why do you think the show is mean-spirited?  What are they doing to people that is cruel?  I'm not being argumentative ... I really don't understand how they're making others feel bad.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, slasherboy said:

I really don't understand how they're making others feel bad.

Well, I can't speak for @Sunnybebe but when the entourage delights in tearing down the bride, saying the dresses make her look fat or old or like a marshmallow, that seems mean-spirited to me.  There are other ways of voicing an opinion without being snotty or nasty. Perhaps something along the lines of "That doesn't seem to be your style" or "That doesn't seem to suit you" could be used instead.  And if you totally hate the dress but the bride loves it, instead of "You have GOT to be kidding, that thing is horrible" just smile politely and say "So happy that your found something that makes you feel good".

When you reduce a bride to tears, it's all about you, not about her.  That's cruel.

• Love 10

Ok, I misunderstood.  I thought you meant Randy et al were making the customers feel bad, that they were being cruel.  Yes, the entourages can be horrible to their so-called friend or family member.  Sometimes I wonder why they even bring them along.  I guess the others want to show off for the camera.  Thanks for responding.

17 hours ago, slasherboy said:

I added the bold emphasis above.  Sunnybebe, could you be more specific please?  Why do you think the show is mean-spirited?  What are they doing to people that is cruel?  I'm not being argumentative ... I really don't understand how they're making others feel bad.  Thanks!

Oh, no.....I love Randy.  The staff in the store are great. I think that Kohola3 states it well above.

The idea of a show seems to  be that an eager, in love bride goes in to try on dresses and find the dress of her dreams, with the support of her loving family and friends.  But, this show can't let it be a good experience.  They think it's entertaining to have family and friends frown on her choices, insult her, cause her emotional distress due to their disapproval and generally show that the brides are brainless, spineless, children, who don't have enough confidence to pick out a dress, decide  it suits them and wear it proudly.  To me, it's disrespectful to the bride and portrays her as an incompetent.  And, it makes most of those who accompany her appear as mean and selfish.

I do suspect that a certain amount is staged, but, to me, that makes no difference, because it puts out the idea that that kind of thing is normal, acceptable and should be tolerated. If that many brides were being insulted and put upon in my store, I might have to make some rules about who is allowed in with the bride. lol  I don't understand why a show without the bullying of the bride wouldn't be even more popular. 

• Love 2

How many people do you think accompany the brides shopping at Kleinfeld's when they aren't going to be filmed?  I figure one, maybe two - mom and maid of honor.  No one brings their cousin, neighbor, god-sister and dogsitter unless they are going to be on tv.  

• Love 3

Yes, I can't imagine that all those people show up to give thumbs up or down on a bride's choice.  That's why  I think that it's TLC's idea. I mean, to me, it's mean spirited, but, if he gets good ratings, I suppose that's what is important.  I don't think it sets a good example of how to treat people that we are supposed to care about. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yes, I can't imagine that all those people show up to give thumbs up or down on a bride's choice.  That's why  I think that it's TLC's idea. I mean, to me, it's mean spirited, but, if he gets good ratings, I suppose that's what is important.  I don't think it sets a good example of how to treat people that we are supposed to care about. 

Most of these shows don't set good examples of anything. They're a snark-watch escape for me, but sometimes the line has to be drawn LOL.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

They're a snark-watch escape for me,

Most are for me as well especially the dingbats on "reality" TV.  But I really watched this for the fashions and since this is supposed to be a happy occasion, I don't see why they have to ramp up the distasteful antics.  Fifteen minutes of fame, I suppose but I would not want those friends or family anywhere near me on my wedding day if they chose to humiliate me like that on national TV.

• Love 3

I realize that it's reality tv and my expectations aren't that high, but, this one has the backing and backdrop of Keinfeld's, which has some respectability, so, I just expect a little more from them.  Apparently, they think it's okay to treat the brides that way or they go along and wink, wink it.  I have checked out the similar show that is filmed in England and I didn't get the same kind of thing on that one.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

But I really watched this for the fashions and since this is supposed to be a happy occasion, I don't see why they have to ramp up the distasteful antics. 

Agreed. This one was to see pretty dresses, but all we see are a nasty entourage & way too much of the bride.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Quof said:

How many people do you think accompany the brides shopping at Kleinfeld's when they aren't going to be filmed?  I figure one, maybe two - mom and maid of honor.  No one brings their cousin, neighbor, god-sister and dogsitter unless they are going to be on tv.  

Although I recently saw an episode where 2 little dogs attended and sat politely on the laps of their peeps, all decked out to the nines.  Very cute.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

Although I recently saw an episode where 2 little dogs attended and sat politely on the laps of their peeps, all decked out to the nines.  Very cute.

Probably two of the most well behaved, supportive entourage on this show. :)

• Love 8
On 25/06/2018 at 5:56 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I realize that it's reality tv and my expectations aren't that high, but, this one has the backing and backdrop of Keinfeld's, which has some respectability, so, I just expect a little more from them.  Apparently, they think it's okay to treat the brides that way or they go along and wink, wink it.  I have checked out the similar show that is filmed in England and I didn't get the same kind of thing on that one.  

The Canadian version also has little to no drama, from what I've seen anyway (I've watched episodes here and there from seasons 1 and 2). Very refreshing. What struck me the most is how the gowns are filmed, both in the dressing room and in front of the entourage: we get to actually see them! Love that. Sounds silly, but seriously.

Compare this with the Kleinfeld version as it is now, with the excessive focus on the brides' backstories and the constant camera pans on the ridiculous antics of the entourages... Ugh :X

• Love 3

Yeah, it's as if they have to emotionally wound the bride, disappoint her that her family dislikes her gown choices, get her feeling really down, before she can be rescued by someone else's approval. It's an abusive mentality, imo.  

• Love 1

I also much preferred the British version with David Emmanuel.  The dresses were more varied, not as expensive, and David and his staff offered more advice to the brides about what looked good and what was not suited to their body types.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, it's as if they have to emotionally wound the bride, disappoint her that her family dislikes her gown choices, get her feeling really down, before she can be rescued by someone else's approval. It's an abusive mentality, imo.  

It could be construed that way. But seeing someone on the couch do a total 180 when a piece of netting is put on the bride's head smacks of production shenanigans to me. I do believe the bride is playing her part & that, most of the time, the people are probably not as bad as coached to be presented.

It is a shame that anyone would want to have that kind of experience buying their wedding dress, just for TV exposure (I can only assume).

• Love 5
(edited)
15 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

It could be construed that way. But seeing someone on the couch do a total 180 when a piece of netting is put on the bride's head smacks of production shenanigans to me. I do believe the bride is playing her part & that, most of the time, the people are probably not as bad as coached to be presented.

It is a shame that anyone would want to have that kind of experience buying their wedding dress, just for TV exposure (I can only assume).

Yes, that's entirely possible and I think likely, but, it still makes it unacceptable in my mind, because, it's conveying to the audience that that kind of behavior is okay.  And that the bride's feelings are down there, while her guests are up here. It demonstrates as REAL that the bride isn't a whole person, but, her happiness rest on others' decisions.  It seems to normalize that a bride isn't a person with her own taste, intelligence and ability to make decisions. She has to go through this painful ritual, in order to be happy with her gown.  Just so sad, to me. I can't even enjoy the show, due to the sham.  I would like a real good show about bridal gowns, without the malarkey.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yes, that's entirely possible and I think likely, but, it still makes it unacceptable in my mind, because, it's conveying to the audience that that kind of behavior is okay.  And that the bride's feelings are down there, while her guests are up here. It demonstrates as REAL that the bride isn't a whole person, but, her happiness rest on others' decisions.  It seems to normalize that a bride isn't a person with her own taste, intelligence and ability to make decisions. She has to go through this painful ritual, in order to be happy with her gown.  Just so sad, to me. I can't even enjoy the show, due to the sham.  I would like a real good show about bridal gowns, without the malarkey.   

Agreed.

Another point is the consultant is there to sell, not necessarily offer advice. What I found out from another board is they may not even be allowed to tell a bride what looks good or not, because it could cost the sale for the store.

So a bride often needs good support people on the couch. The show silences the voices of those who truly know the bride, actually have taste, & can offer useful advice, nicely. That isn't right either.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Agreed.

Another point is the consultant is there to sell, not necessarily offer advice. What I found out from another board is they may not even be allowed to tell a bride what looks good or not, because it could cost the sale for the store.

So a bride often needs good support people on the couch. The show silences the voices of those who truly know the bride, actually have taste, & can offer useful advice, nicely. That isn't right either.

Bridal consultants are there to sell dresses; part of their job is to agree with whatever a bride wants and to be enthusiastic about every dress she tries on.  They have no incentive to find a dress that is flattering to the bride.  They are paid on commission, the less time it takes to get a bride to pick a dress, any dress; the better it is for the consultant.  On the show, we've seen consultants complain about brides trying on more than 3 dresses without deciding on one.  Most people try on more than 3 pairs of shoes before buying one and they certainly usually look at more than 3 houses before making a purchase. When it comes to spending thousands of dollars on a dress; it is buyer beware.

• Love 5

I suppose that I was lucky. I took one of my best friends with me to the bridal shop and loved the first one that I tried on.  It was perfect and I fell in love with it, before I even got it on.  Plus, it was on sale!  I guess it's not like that for most. lol 

• Love 1
On 6/25/2018 at 2:56 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I have checked out the similar show that is filmed in England and I didn't get the same kind of thing on that one.  

I really liked the one from England that showed right after last season's SYTTD.   I've tried to watch two of the Atlanta shows and I don't know if I can continue.  Talked about staged and utterly ridiculous.  I want to see the brides try on dresses and maybe the occasional consultant talking head, not the "cute" banter between Monty and the manager or not the manufactured moments with the consultants and supervisors.  By using the ffwd button, I was able to get through yesterday's 1 hour show in 25 minutes.

• Love 3

I know! Ugh.....that one in Atlanta where they are dining with the employee's daughter and she has to be deemed the boss for her to come to the shop to help out....I couldn't get past that part. Just revolting and too insulting to the viewers. My goodness these people have lost it. I'd rather watch the lady from my state, NC, hug and kiss her llamas and sleep with goats. lol 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I know! Ugh.....that one in Atlanta where they are dining with the employee's daughter and she has to be deemed the boss for her to come to the shop to help out....I couldn't get past that part. Just revolting and too insulting to the viewers. My goodness these people have lost it. I'd rather watch the lady from my state, NC, hug and kiss her llamas and sleep with goats. lol 

I must have missed that episode but it does irk me that a bride would let their 9 year old sister or daughter have a say let alone the final say in what the dress the bride will wear.  I really don't think a child has the wear with all to select anything as important and costly as a wedding dress, it really is stupid.

Llamas and goats?  I would love to see that episode.

I have noticed that when a celebrity bride comes to either Kleinfelds or BBL they pick a dress then you see the actual wedding pictures and they are wearing a different dress.  Ugh, can't they just show the amazing dresses that hang on the racks in those stores?  We don't need the fake drama.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I must have missed that episode but it does irk me that a bride would let their 9 year old sister or daughter have a say let alone the final say in what the dress the bride will wear.  I really don't think a child has the wear with all to select anything as important and costly as a wedding dress, it really is stupid.

Llamas and goats?  I would love to see that episode.

I have noticed that when a celebrity bride comes to either Kleinfelds or BBL they pick a dress then you see the actual wedding pictures and they are wearing a different dress.  Ugh, can't they just show the amazing dresses that hang on the racks in those stores?  We don't need the fake drama.

I agree about the youngster selecting the gown.  Please.  So silly.

Here's a link for Our Wild LIfe.  It's pretty wild!  So crazy, but, a lot of fun. Two kids and 80 fur babies.  The lady says, the animals are fun and the KIDS are Wild. lol

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/our-wild-life/

(edited)

Ok, that’s it! I am out. This show could not be more phoney and stupid. Dump this dog and bring back NYC. Who cares about her dumb daughter and fake clients? Just so over the top and fake.

Edited by windtrix
Edit
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I really don't think a child has the wear with all to select anything as important and costly as a wedding dress

I don't think a kid of that age has the wherewithal to decide on much else than what kind of sandwich to have for lunch.  To give a kid that kind of power is asking for a lifetime of issues.  But then so does marrying a guy in jail!

• Love 7
(edited)
On 7/1/2018 at 9:24 PM, Kohola3 said:

I don't think a kid of that age has the wherewithal to decide on much else than what kind of sandwich to have for lunch.  To give a kid that kind of power is asking for a lifetime of issues.  But then so does marrying a guy in jail!

Oh Lord I got so tired of this promo!!!  "Well, he is going to federal prison....."  All I could visualize was her sitting in an Applebee's* surrounded by her enabling girlfriends: "HEy it is okay, he will get out on appeal, it will be okay...you guys love each other, this is so romantic!!!"  Blech.

* = I like Applebee's, I am just not creative enough to come up with an off the cuff place this morning.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 3

I really thought Apollo's fiance was an idiot.  She is dragging her (obnoxious) child in to that mess.  Does this woman think he will magically be able to contribute financially to their household?  He has two children that will have first dibs on any money he has. 

I hope that girl has moth proof closest because that dress will be moth eaten and out of style before she wears it.  Did I hear she had a $10,000 budget, WTF? 

Blowing that kind of money for a dress to marry a twice convicted felon on some unspecified date/year, I hope Apollo's ankle monitor matches his tux. Stupid girl with stupid enabling friends.

• Love 6

Why why oh why do women that are a bit busty/top heavy/chubby (or whatever you want to call it, but you all know what I mean) insist on having a strapless dress? Just because it’s a popular style doesn’t mean it’s a good look on everyone. Who wants to see back fat? Who wants to spend their entire wedding day hitching up the sides of the bodice every other second? What is so wrong with cap sleeves? Or a lace overlay on top? There all plenty of alternatives out there that are much more flattering. 

Stop looking like 10lbs. of potatoes stuffed into a 3lb. bag. Say NO to strapless! 

Case in point - Shelby. She’s on right now and every strapless dress is a horror.

• Love 7