Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I'm always skeptical when a bride walks into Kleinfeld's looking for a dress and tells the consultant that she actually found a dress she liked elsewhere but decided to look for another at Kleinfeld.  No surprise, Sydel Curry got married in an entirely different dress than the one she 'chose' on the show.  Incredibly enough, the dress she wore was even tackier than the Pnina she selected on the show, complete with big side cutouts.  Really awful.  It also had straps and, for some weird reason, big seams down the butt.  Not good at all.  It wasn't the one she had the photo of on the show, either.  Since Ms. Curry made sure to plug her blog and, as most of us know, Ayesha Curry is always selling herself and pretending that 5 year old Riley has her own blog (because she insists she must have one and she controls the content, just ask Ayesha); I presume the reason they went on the show was to get hits and continue their famewhore ways.   Interesting, too, that the usual discussion of what specifically Sydel was looking for as well as her budget was completely ignored, too.  We didn't even get to find out what the Pnina she pretended to buy actually cost.  I realize the Curry's could afford to buy a dozen of any dress in the store, but it only made it more obvious that it was totally a fabricated scenario.  I presume they didn't talk about the price because 1) they weren't going to buy a dress anyway and 2) Ayesha is always trying to pretend she is 'just folks' and lives the life of any middle class wife and mother; so telling the world she could afford to pay a fortune wouldn't help the brand.  I presume Sydel's thing also involves pretending to be 'just folks' since they conveniently forgot to mention that her father played for many years in the NBA and they had a very privileged upbringing in a wealthy family.

Between phony famewhoring Currys and the awful black widow bride and her annoying mother, it was a not an auspicious start to the new season.

Video of Sydel's actual wedding and reception:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sydel+curry+wedding&docid=608005632057081964&mid=F248BD9849010E127703F248BD9849010E127703&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Actually, in the beginning of her segment she said she likes the mermaid look with a flared full bottom and her budget was $10,000.

Screenshot 2019-01-07 at 2.51.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-01-07 at 2.38.27 PM.png

• Love 1
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I'm always skeptical when a bride walks into Kleinfeld's looking for a dress and tells the consultant that she actually found a dress she liked elsewhere but decided to look for another at Kleinfeld.  No surprise, Sydel Curry got married in an entirely different dress than the one she 'chose' on the show.  Incredibly enough, the dress she wore was even tackier than the Pnina she selected on the show, complete with big side cutouts.  Really awful.  It also had straps and, for some weird reason, big seams down the butt.  Not good at all.  It wasn't the one she had the photo of on the show, either.  

She's wearing 2 different dresses.  It looks like her actual wedding dress was similar to the one she allegedly bought.  It had the front and the poof at the bottom.  She's also wearing a dress with cutouts that doesn't have poof at the bottom.

The video showed her dancing in both, I believe.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CaliCannoli said:

Actually, in the beginning of her segment she said she likes the mermaid look with a flared full bottom and her budget was $10,000.

Screenshot 2019-01-07 at 2.51.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-01-07 at 2.38.27 PM.png

Interesting that, in the photo above, Sydel looks like she is wearing the Pnina from the show but is definitely not wearing it in the video. Anyone else think her groom looks silly in high waters and no socks?  Did she maybe wear the Pnina at the ceremony even though she never said anything about 2 dresses? Or maybe she posed for pictures in multiple dresses for her ‘career’ producing content for her blog. Of course, she claimed she wanted classic elegance and timelessness too and that she didn’t want a dress that was revealing because her father wouldn’t like it.  And we got a groom with no socks wearing too short pants and a bride in a dress with a nude bodice and a low back; so I think her idea of classic and timeless is more ridiculous and trashy than mine.

i stand corrected, Sydel did give a budget; but we never heard what the Pnina cost.  She also never really spoke about her ideal dress, she said the dress from the other store was fit and flare and had a lot of tulle.  Much less info than we get from most brides.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Interesting that, in the photo above, Sydel looks like she is wearing the Pnina from the show but is definitely not wearing it in the video. Anyone else think her groom looks silly in high waters and no socks?  Did she maybe wear the Pnina at the ceremony even though she never said anything about 2 dresses? Or maybe she posed for pictures in multiple dresses for her ‘career’ producing content for her blog. Of course, she claimed she wanted classic elegance and timelessness too and that she didn’t want a dress that was revealing because her father wouldn’t like it.  And we got a groom with no socks wearing too short pants and a bride in a dress with a nude bodice and a low back; so I think her idea of classic and timeless is more ridiculous and trashy than mine.

i stand corrected, Sydel did give a budget; but we never heard what the Pnina cost.  She also never really spoke about her ideal dress, she said the dress from the other store was fit and flare and had a lot of tulle.  Much less info than we get from most brides.

True, she didn't speak about her ideal dress. And her husband looks like Pee Wee Herman in those high waters and slippers with puppies on them.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

but is definitely not wearing it in the video

She's wearing a different dress for most of the video but if you go to about 2:36, you'll see she's wearing the dress shown in the photos. I took a quick glance at the episode and the dress really looks like the SYTTD to me...with a few alterations like folding in the bodice a bit and I think she might have added lining for the wedding.

54 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Pnina at the ceremony even though she never said anything about 2 dresses?

They don't always talk about second dresses for the reception unless that's what they're buying. Or maybe she made the decision after the episode. 

55 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

but we never heard what the Pnina cost.  

They showed that it cost 6,100. 

• Love 5

Hmmm who knew that short pants and bedroom slippers were the "in" thing for grooms these days?  Dear God it looks stupid.

I know matchy-matchy isn't always necessary, but Sydal's bright white dress doesn't quite go with the ivory-yellow suit jacket groom is wearing.

• Love 9

Upon viewing the video, it appears that both the bride and groom changed outfits for the reception, and that the clips are out of order.  The groom changed his black bedroom slippers for off white bedroom slippers for the reception.  Must be easier to dance in.

< God, why do I do this to myself? >

Edited by roughing it
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I wish they would go back to the old format of this show. Just show the brides and the dresses. Sydel Curry was ok but as soon as black widow bride and her obnoxious mother came on I stopped watching. 

Exactly. Every time they start messing with the format they end up losing viewers. The best episodes are all about the bride and her dress choices. The manufactured drama just shuts everything down, I think. To me, anyway.

• Love 9
On 1/8/2019 at 11:35 AM, roughing it said:

Hmmm who knew that short pants and bedroom slippers were the "in" thing for grooms these days?  Dear God it looks stupid.

I know matchy-matchy isn't always necessary, but Sydal's bright white dress doesn't quite go with the ivory-yellow suit jacket groom is wearing.

My son was recruited to play basketball at a private school that's attended by some really wealthy kids.  One of said wealthy boys wore the short pants and slippers to the prom, lol.  He looked like a douchelord.  :D

On 1/11/2019 at 9:11 PM, CaliCannoli said:

Exactly. Every time they start messing with the format they end up losing viewers. The best episodes are all about the bride and her dress choices. The manufactured drama just shuts everything down, I think. To me, anyway.

I'm watching the episode with Nik West, who I never heard of before.  So much drama for little to no reason.  We get it, she's an artist and needs a dress that goes with the purple hair. The  outfits she tried on are hideous.  I wish they'd give it a rest with the self-promoters and show us normal brides looking for real dresses.  

• Love 8

God this show is just so whore doggy isn't it? However, I did like that wild pants/skirt thing that the Queen of Purple hair had made.....she was a total fake fame whore, but that was a fantastic THING to wear to be married in. Yeah, I said it, I loved it. Wonder how much it cost?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

God this show is just so whore doggy isn't it? However, I did like that wild pants/skirt thing that the Queen of Purple hair had made.....she was a total fake fame whore, but that was a fantastic THING to wear to be married in. Yeah, I said it, I loved it. Wonder how much it cost?

I like it, too.  I thought it suited her.  It was definitely much better than the other gown she tried on and a million times better than that hideous pant suit. 

• Love 1

I was wondering how much that outfit, sorry won’t call it a dress, cost purple hair queen? 

I liked the other bride who wanted more of a traditional dress. I noticed in the end they didn’t fold in the flowers on the bodice like her entourage wanted her to do. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I liked the other bride who wanted more of a traditional dress. I noticed in the end they didn’t fold in the flowers on the bodice like her entourage wanted her to do.

The bling they added to the straps turned out well.  Sometimes it's just a few little tweaks here and there that make all the difference!  I don't care for the dresses with the huge Swarovski crystals all over them.  IMO, less is more in that regard.  A few are nice, but sometimes the designers go overboard with the bling.  

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I don't care for the dresses with the huge Swarovski crystals all over them.

It's those few Pnina dresses that they keep trotting out, see thru bodice, huge skirt and bedazzeled with quarter sized bling, and yet some brides say it is not enough.  Ironically those are the brides that want something different yet they all buy those same few dresses. 

I am supposed to going to Israel this year and I will make my business to go to Pnina's store just to see what they have on the racks for Israeli brides.

3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I was wondering how much that outfit, sorry won’t call it a dress, cost purple hair queen? 

Ugh, that purple haired Prince bass player...she wanted a stage costume for a wedding dress.  I've been in a hot air balloon, one getting in and out is nothing I'd do in a dress and two, it gets super hot and noisy when the flue is opened, everyone crouches down until it's over also landing is a suggestion, no telling where the wind blows you, no promises that you will land on target.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, readheaded said:

My son was recruited to play basketball at a private school that's attended by some really wealthy kids.  One of said wealthy boys wore the short pants and slippers to the prom, lol.  He looked like a douchelord.  :D

I'm watching the episode with Nik West, who I never heard of before.  So much drama for little to no reason.  We get it, she's an artist and needs a dress that goes with the purple hair. The  outfits she tried on are hideous.  I wish they'd give it a rest with the self-promoters and show us normal brides looking for real dresses.  

Once again, exactly! On a side note - 'douchelord' ... hahaha.

• Love 2
On 1/10/2019 at 6:58 PM, Straycat80 said:

I wish they would go back to the old format of this show. Just show the brides and the dresses. Sydel Curry was ok but as soon as black widow bride and her obnoxious mother came on I stopped watching. 

I tuned out when the bride said "Mom, they will ignore you!" and the mother yells "Nobody ignores me!!!" as she goes running for Randy. All of those gorgeous dresses, thousands of brides wanting to try them on and this is what they give us? No thanks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/10/2019 at 9:58 PM, Straycat80 said:

I miss the old format so much.  I dvr the old episodes when they run them during the day so I can watch when I get home from work.  I tried watching the new episode that taped Saturday night and just couldn't.  I ended up erasing it.  I hate that Nicole isn't there now and the two consultants I saw, I guess they don't have to look really professional anymore.  Debbie, Kesha, Sara, etc always looked professional on the show.

• Love 8

I really enjoyed the second bride, Teddi, on the "Purple Unicorn" episode.  Her entourage was lovely, she looked beautiful in the dress she chose, and I might have gotten a little misty eyed when her daddy saw her in the dress on her wedding day.  That was one of the most authentically sweet moments I've seen in a long time on reality tv.  :-)

Long time SYTTD fan, long time PTV fan, and just thought to come check out this board.  (((Waving hi)))  Have been reading through old posts and nearly choked on my diet coke when I started seeing references to Pnina's "stripper fairy dresses."  Not a fan of the dresses or Pnina's huge kissy fish lips.  Both are really just unfortunate.  On the other hand, I am a fan of Randy's mother and enjoyed seeing her on the show again.  ;-)

• Love 10

I've read several times in this (awesome) thread about brides with "small" (relative term, I guess!) budgets going to Kleinfeld because they want the "Kleinfeld Experience".  Can someone fill me in on what that entails?  I had always thought it meant standing up on the little stage in a gown so your friends and family can see it, but then I went with my daughter to David's to order a bridesmaid gown and the brides there were doing the same thing.

As an aside, apparently larger ladies popping out of strapless gowns is not exclusively a Kleinfeld's thing.  Oh my.

• Love 4

Has anyone actually heard of the purple haired bride? She and her entourage acted like she was super famous, but apparently Google has barely even heard of her. Most of the hits are related to this show. 

I liked the can we get it in time bride, but I couldn't help but think if you can afford a wedding planner, you can afford to cough up a rush fee when you wait until the very last minute. Oh, and if she and the wedding planner cut back on their fake lashes budget, well, that would be a hunk of change too. 

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:52 PM, Pink-n-Green said:

I've read several times in this (awesome) thread about brides with "small" (relative term, I guess!) budgets going to Kleinfeld because they want the "Kleinfeld Experience".  Can someone fill me in on what that entails? 

It's probably just knowing that you're going to the supposed best of the best in bridal stores, and you should be awed just stepping foot in the building!  ;)  It does appear though that the sales consultants are really good at helping brides find their perfect dress, so it's probably all about customer service with Kleinfelds - which is important when you get a super picky bride like last night!  If I were shopping there, I'd at least want a glass of champagne and some fine chocolates to make my experience extra special!

• Love 3

I do wonder if the woman who went with Randy's gown ended up wearing it.  She seemed to like it enough but she seemed hard to please in a way that I think she was looking for a feeling that I don't she's capable of feeling about a dress.

• Love 7

If you think the high water pants groom was bad, you should see the Bermuda shorts wearing groom and his entourage all wearing the same thing.  Talk about douchy.  

I was so happy the “skull” bride decided not to wear a black gown.  She looked pretty in the gown she chose.  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 2

We've had a couple episodes now that have featured a variety of gowns by people other than Pnina and with families that have been pretty nice to each other. Did the producers get a clue, or is it a new production team? 

• Love 8

The last episode was much more pleasant to watch.  But, what are the odds - the creepy fairy bride chose a Hayley Paige dress from the collection they were pimping and and the bride who had dismissed over 150 dresses was only happy with a Randy design?  I cry foul.  

Is this like House Hunters, you only get to be on the show after the deal is done, then they film you fake-shopping?

Edited by kirklandia
  • Love 9

She seemed to like it enough but she seemed hard to please in a way that I think she was looking for a feeling that I don't she's capable of feeling about a dress.

Totally. She's tried on over 150 dresses and had a custom dress made ... what is really going on?  I would have liked to have seen her in a variety of silhouettes. She had a really cute figure so anything would have looked good on her.  As picky as she was, she didn't bother me too much personality-wise. Her mom and entourage just looked tired of the whole thing. I did not love the Randy dress.

I did love the fairy dress. It was absolutely perfect for the bride. Beautiful color, the sleeves, the beading ...  

• Love 5

Every time I hear a bride say "I want (or don't want) a princess ball gown dress" my ears bleed. There is no silhouette called "princess". If one were to review the photos of actual princesses in their wedding gowns over the past several decades, you'd find sleeker, more fitted silhouettes (like Kate Middleton) ranging all the way up to Diana, Princess of Wales (a dress that was so full her entire bridal party probably could have hid underneath the skirt). This is one of many reasons I could never be a bridal consultant; if a bride mentioned "princess" to me, I'd ask "Which princess, specifically, are you referring to, you wish (or do not wish) to emulate?" Then I'd be out of a job.

"Princess" and "ball gown", when used together, are redundant - likewise "gown" and "dress". Gowns are dresses! (I also wouldn't be upset if I were never to hear "bling" or "wow factor" ever again).

Regarding Nik West; I thought she looked fabulous in the catsuit. I don't think anyone else could carry it off, though. IMO, she had the height, the figure, and the attitude to make it work, and liked the idea of a separate overskirt for the ceremony. But when she was modeling the catsuit for her entourage, I started to think about WOC and "nude" linings and illusion. "Nude" is only truly nude on Caucasian women. It was obvious (to me) where the illusion stopped at her neckline because of the difference in skintone. Perhaps there are different shades of illusion/nude linings that can be ordered for darker skin tones; if not, there should be.

I thought it was sweet when she wondered how the garter would work in a catsuit! IDK if a potential issue with a garter and a catsuit would have come to mind if I was interested in a bridal catsuit.

Going back to the bride who wanted a black gown, I preferred her in the black. I know that's an unpopular opinion, but when I see a bride who has tattoos that can be seen through any sheer fabric in the dress, *to me* it looks like their skin is dirty, and it's a distraction. But black seems to do a better job of concealing the tattoos covered by lace/illusion while enhancing the colors of any tattoos that are visible. 

Black veils, though? Not a fan. They remind me of 19th century women's mourning dress. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Marisagf said:

Another decent episode tonight. So much easier to watch!

Very pleasant, normal people!

Loved the mom of the Latina bride. So inspiring that she came here as an immigrant and pushed through all the way to med school (perhaps even needing to learn English along the way). Good for her to be able to be "no budget" for her daughter's wedding.

It was nice that the mom wanted a ballgown but knew it wasn't the style her daughter liked and didn't put any pressure on her. So many ballgowns look bunchy at the waist, even on thin girls, but the lace one she tried was very flattering. And her groom got teary seeing her, which is all you can ask for.

• Love 6

Did anyone notice Shay walking in the background on this episode.  Guess he is still around.

Also have to wonder about the filming of these shows.  Columbian bride was sporting a wedding ring under her engagement ring when trying on dresses in Kleinfeld's.

• Love 5

How do the brides walk, and then sit down, in those mermaid dresses that are so fitted. And her high heels (Latina bride getting married outside at Lake Placid) ... if I were going to be walking on grass, there is NO WAY I would wear shoes like those. It was a beautiful venue and the groom looked so moved. Sweet.

• Love 3

Is this a new episode? The assistant Aron is now helping Randy choose dresses. He is just too adorable.

The one bride that has 9 bridesmaids.... her entourage...….that is the most varying shades of blonde I've ever seen.

Didn't Dianne used to be more serious and less...giggly and spacey?

Edited by nekilarose
Forgot a thought
  • Love 2

Watched the rerun with Mariah, the bride with the dog. First of all, I don't care if the dog is your sweetie or your accessory. If it's not a service animal, it has no place in a store. Secondly, her mother was not happy with the first dress she tried because the top was too "promiscuous," meaning, I think that it was cut quite low and it did give a rather unflattering look to the girls. And I know we've discussed this before, but it really got to me this time around: why wasn't her mother upset with the pasties on the Randy dress? No one said a single negative thing about that dress, and I truly think it was far more "promiscuous" (or tacky/cheap) looking than the first dress. It would have been so much more attractive if the front were lined. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, rur said:

Watched the rerun with Mariah, the bride with the dog. First of all, I don't care if the dog is your sweetie or your accessory. If it's not a service animal, it has no place in a store. Secondly, her mother was not happy with the first dress she tried because the top was too "promiscuous," meaning, I think that it was cut quite low and it did give a rather unflattering look to the girls. And I know we've discussed this before, but it really got to me this time around: why wasn't her mother upset with the pasties on the Randy dress? No one said a single negative thing about that dress, and I truly think it was far more "promiscuous" (or tacky/cheap) looking than the first dress. It would have been so much more attractive if the front were lined. 

Yeah I rewatched that one too, it was ridiculous the first time, and even more so now. You're right, her mother should have been against Randy's dress, but all we heard were raves. He's got it on the new bride too, and I'm sorry Randy, it's just not my cup o tea. The one that tried it on tonight had the lining, but it still looks tacky. 

• Love 4

Usually in expensive wedding dresses you can see why they can charge extra money goes like a lot of bead work, beautiful lace etc but I really couldn't see tonight why that Pnina was 13.5k. Pnina must be raking in the money

The returning bride was such a downer in that appointment, no one in her entourage seemed happy for her and she seemed like she was just picking a dress so she could be on the show again, it was such a contrast to the bride from Michigan where you could feel the love and joy. I felt like the dress she chose was wrong for the setting and with such a blingy dress, the jeweled veil was too much. Also don't understand the trend for the giant bouquets with the super long stems, it steals focus so much, thought the bridesmaids bouquets were much nicer.

Aron seems sweet and I liked the dresses he picked for his bride. Personally I don't think I'd be comfortable with a male consultant but with him and Shay working for Kleinfeld, a good enough portion of women must be comfortable with it

• Love 5
1 hour ago, maggiegil said:

Personally I don't think I'd be comfortable with a male consultant but with him and Shay working for Kleinfeld, a good enough portion of women must be comfortable with it

Well, it would be like having another girl in the room.

The nine bridemaid entourage must keep the hair bleach industry in business.

Love the bride with the mom who was ill - they are clearly a very loving family  However, that brother - shut up, who needs advice from a parrot;

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, maggiegil said:

The returning bride was such a downer in that appointment, no one in her entourage seemed happy for her and she seemed like she was just picking a dress so she could be on the show again, it was such a contrast to the bride from Michigan where you could feel the love and joy. I felt like the dress she chose was wrong for the setting and with such a blingy dress, the jeweled veil was too much. Also don't understand the trend for the giant bouquets with the super long stems, it steals focus so much, thought the bridesmaids bouquets were much nicer.

Well, she was marrying an idiot who couldn’t remove his massive cowboy hat for the wedding or reception, I’d have a hard time looking  happy, too.  The brim of it was so huge, his face was in shadow in every shot, that should make for some really terrible wedding photos.  I guess if she ever divorces and remarried, it’ll be easier to photoshop the next guy into the pics.  The only time he wasn’t wearing the hat was when they were eating when he had it right there on the table practically sitting on his plate. Ugh!

i also thought the gown she chose was totally wrong for her venue, vibe and groom. She looked far too dressed up for an outdoor country wedding followed by a hoedown in a barn.

6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Love the bride with the mom who was ill - they are clearly a very loving family  However, that brother - shut up, who needs advice from a parrot;

Somebody needs to tell the brother that the 90’s are over and fuschia mohawks are, too.  They were from Michigan, it’s not 1994 there, either.

Overall though, they seemed like a lovely family and her mother was a hoot and they certainly enjoyed the experience.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Well, she was marrying an idiot who couldn’t remove his massive cowboy hat for the wedding or reception, I’d have a hard time looking  happy, too.

Yeah, that whole group looked like backwood bozos.  She'll be barefoot and pregnant and fetching him and his hat wearing buddies beer and nachos right quick.  Those stupid hats were enormous.

• Love 4
On 2019-01-25 at 3:38 PM, TwirlyGirly said:

Every time I hear a bride say "I want (or don't want) a princess ball gown dress" my ears bleed. There is no silhouette called "princess". If one were to review the photos of actual princesses in their wedding gowns over the past several decades, you'd find sleeker, more fitted silhouettes (like Kate Middleton) ranging all the way up to Diana, Princess of Wales (a dress that was so full her entire bridal party probably could have hid underneath the skirt). This is one of many reasons I could never be a bridal consultant; if a bride mentioned "princess" to me, I'd ask "Which princess, specifically, are you referring to, you wish (or do not wish) to emulate?" Then I'd be out of a job.

"Princess" and "ball gown", when used together, are redundant - likewise "gown" and "dress". Gowns are dresses! (I also wouldn't be upset if I were never to hear "bling" or "wow factor" ever again).

Regarding Nik West; I thought she looked fabulous in the catsuit. I don't think anyone else could carry it off, though. IMO, she had the height, the figure, and the attitude to make it work, and liked the idea of a separate overskirt for the ceremony. But when she was modeling the catsuit for her entourage, I started to think about WOC and "nude" linings and illusion. "Nude" is only truly nude on Caucasian women. It was obvious (to me) where the illusion stopped at her neckline because of the difference in skintone. Perhaps there are different shades of illusion/nude linings that can be ordered for darker skin tones; if not, there should be.

Totally agree on the "princess" dresses.  Real Princess wedding dresses are nothing like  what the Kleinfeld princesses are looking for.

Illusion fabric is available in different colours.  At least it is for figure skating costumes.

• Love 3

When the mother of the bride from Michigan explained her "fantasy" of carrying Randy around like a purse dog, I'm pretty sure I died.  That was so freaking cute, and to be clear, it should have been annoying and patronizing as f-ck.  ;-)

Bride's mother:  "I have a little fantasy about Randy.  Putting Randy in one of my larger purses.  A beautiful, over-the-shoulder bag, that I carry kind of like this.  ((Demonstrates how she would be holding the bag))  He would peek out of the top with his hydrated skin and his lovely eyewear...  And we would go places, like, I don't know, grab a coffee, go to lunch....." 

I rewound this part like 3 times, and got just as tickled every time she referred to Randy and his hydrated skin sticking up out of her bag.  I mean, who comes up with that?  Hilarious, and on top of that, she seemed so sweet, loving, and a total hoot to hang out with.  The brother had a small moment too, in spite of that hair, when he told the bride, "I came here knowing that you would look good in every dress you tried on, but now, seeing you in this, I know that you look great in this dress."  It's a shame that every bride doesn't have an entourage like this, IMHO, because wow, what a wonderful experience that was, for all of them.  Just lovely, really.

And, in diametric opposition to the bubbly, fun mother of the first bride, SYTTD gave us the last bride, Courtney, who I must admit inspired me.  At least, inspired me to thoughts of a wet blanket, if that counts.  As for the cowboy hats, it's definitely a trope, and it's definitely one that's alive and well. as I can attest to since moving to Dallas a few years ago. I don't get it, but just figured that's because I'm not really a Texan...? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On a purely shallow note... that was one hell of a massive - and gorgeous - emerald cut canary diamond engagement ring the neurosurgeon gave the bleached blonde chick, who seemed to at least have an appropriate amount of appreciation for him and his generosity.  ;-)  (Can't for the life of me remember her name now, as the ring was really the only noteworthy thing about her for me).  

Oh, and the dresses!  I wasn't crazy about any of the ones featured on this episode.  The Hayley Paige dress was probably the least offensive IMO, but I wasn't just in love with any of the ones the 3 brides tried on/chose.

• Love 5

I started wondering if Randy had a new collection, so I did a little searching, and,  yes, he does. A couple are comparatively modest, and some others are not. You can see it here: https://www.brides.com/gallery/new-randy-fenoli-wedding-dresses-fall-2019

I also ran across his page as a featured designer on the Kleinfeld web site. https://www.kleinfeldbridal.com/

I got a kick out of looking at the pictures of most of the other designers and then at Pnina's. Interesting choice. And for those who don't want to click on the link, I will include this text: "Pnina Tornai’s collection features her signature corset design. Inspired by the construction of original ancient corsets, Pnina adds her own modern touch to create the perfect fit."

Edited by rur
  • Love 4