Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Jersey girl with those big overdone lips was horrible.  Wearing a dress where your boobs are falling out is really tasteless, especially if there is going to be a church wedding.  Sooner or later they will have some semblance of a normal person on.

Hard to believe she actually graduated from college.

• Love 3

My theory is that her father wasn't too worried about the cost of the wedding gown because she was paying for it herself and the whole "Daddy's Girl Gets Whatever She Wants" storyline was a fake. Also, I couldn't help but notice on the program and in her online photos, she was wearing quite a large diamond engagement ring. Again, I suspect she bought it herself because her fiance's profession is listed as "personal trainer." 

• Love 5
On 3/10/2018 at 9:01 PM, magemaud said:

I see the controversial "Wounded Warrior" bride, Alicia, was back on tonight 7 months pregnant. She was on the show TWO YEARS ago when they gifted her a dream wedding gown but she still hasn't gotten married and said the pregnancy postponed the wedding? 

Couldn't stand her the first time and had no interest in seeing her again. I kept saying "stop snivelling, you're a f*****ng adult woman" every time she burst into tears. This time was no different.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I know, she "ugly cried" through the entire original episode. (I think it was all fake) 

She is a scam artist, it probably comes with the role. As a person who is in several military support groups, I get stabby when I hear fake stories like hers. There are so may really deserving vets with REAL injuries,  Tammy Duckworth being one of them.  She never uses her status to get freebies and she has a legitimate story.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

OH MY GODDESS...THAT ITALIAN chick with the father who would buy her anything, (according to her) she is totally Big Ang from Mob Wives..WHAT A UGLY FAT WHORE. 

Seriously, I just CAN'T. The piggy whores on this show, I just can't.  Go away, please. 

The real scandal was that no one offered her ice packs to reduce her lips swelling! If someone pushes you in the mouth, call the producer and postpone the filming.

Is there an estimate for the number of layers of spray tan?

• Love 2

I'm done. I only tuned in on rare occasions to see if they had possibly gone back to the original recipe but this episode was the crowning blow.  I can't get back that hour of my life that I spent with these shallow, vapid women.  No more.

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm done. I only tuned in on rare occasions to see if they had possibly gone back to the original recipe but this episode was the crowning blow.  I can't get back that hour of my life that I spent with these shallow, vapid women.  No more.

I gave up too; just been reading here now.  That screenshot above says it all; I don't need to see that crap.

• Love 1
On 3/17/2018 at 6:44 AM, FreetheGirlses said:

That being said, my consultant was...SHAY. 

Thank you for sharing your story and experience. Your dress is gorgeous and looks beautiful on you! 

Shay was so obnoxious on the show but it’s actually nice to hear he is a professional in person. We all kind of figured his show-havior was bs but didn’t make it not annoying. 

Danielle “Prostitution Whore” Staub from the Real Housewives of NJ was walking in with her entourage (including her daughters) as I was walking out. 

LOL! 

New Jersey bride... I mean, just, no. Areola  dress, her makeup.. just too much. Her sister seemed sane. She got a few eye rolls in. 

Can I just say it bugs me so much when women claim they “don’t do math” when it’s like BASIC arithmetic. Come on. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, laredhead said:

Refresh, for someone who doesn't "do math" that NJ bride certainly knows how to make $$ from her makeup business.   Wonder who does her math for that?

The article I read said she had “family members” working for her. Daddy might be the Numbers Man and she said she “doesn’t do math” as another way of saying she’s so successful she doesn’t have to worry about minor details like the cost of a Pnina. That could also explain why her sister was okay her being Daddy’s Favorite, the whole family knows she’s their cash cow. 

• Love 3

Went to Kleinfeld this week, and I did say yes to a dress. 

Absolutely stunning Freethegirlses! I love the silhouette of your dress and the details are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your experience and best wishes to you for a wonderful wedding! 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Psychobunny said:

Freethegirlses-your dress is gorgeous on you and I think it will look even better in all ivory and the right length. I have to know, though, did Shay say you looked “snatched”?

Thank you, and no hahaha. The word "snatched" did not come out of his mouth!

6 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

Absolutely stunning Freethegirlses! I love the silhouette of your dress and the details are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your experience and best wishes to you for a wonderful wedding! 

Thank you!

• Love 2

Hi and forgive me I know this episode has to have been addressed already but I was watching reruns this morning as I got ready for work and A Case of Dress Distress was showing. One segment had the meanest, nastiest bridesmaid - Kelly. What in the world? The minute she called the tulle on a dress toile it wasn't hard to see where it was going. Downhill fast. She brings the bride a dress she cannot afford, blames Lisa the consultant for this, then calls a Pnina dress (that the bride, Jamie, looked stunning in) cheap - kept saying cheap cheap cheap behind her hands. The older friend beside her looked so embarrassed. The poor bride left without a dress and Lisa got done out of a commission. 

That bridesmaid and the snotty redheaded bride (cannot remember her name but will never forget her behavior) from Minnesota who flew in on daddy's corporate jet & kept bringing up a Monique Lhuillier dress she found back home, daring the Kleinfeld consultants to do better - 2-3 hours after the store had closed for the night would be a match made in bridal hell. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The worst!  Willing to bet that marriage is already over.

I've said this before, but I really would love an "update" show on the status of some of these brides and their marriages.  In some cases, I'd be blown away surprised if they were still married.  Entitled, spoiled bratty behavior does not make for a good partner in any type of relationship, especially marriage where give and take is so important. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

In some cases, I'd be blown away surprised if they were still married. 

In some cases I'd be blown away if they hadn't been butchered by their henpecked husbands.

• Love 7
On 3/18/2018 at 9:59 AM, Shannon L. said:

While I liked Marlena's dress, I wish she'd have tried on one or two more with lace, since she obviously liked the look of lace in pictures.  I was waiting for someone to tell her that there are different kinds of lace and all the dresses with lace had a different amount on them.  Not all lacy dresses are dripping in it like the one she tried on was.  It was odd to me that just because one lace dress didn't look good on her, the assumption was that nothing with lace would look good on her. 

I found this baffling as well. She said she felt "confined" by the lace dress. Maybe the sleeves on the sample were too tight? Maybe try a lace dress without sleeves? Maybe the shape of the dress was not right for you? She came in babbling "lace lace lace" but threw it over after trying on one dress? Please, I'm getting agita from these idiots.

Was she the one who was all about the love? I want everyone to be overwhelmed with love! She wants everyone to feel the boundless, limitless love. But she's going to feed her guests Triscuits and 7 Up because she went way over budget on her dress. Love is in the air!

Randy is really working my nerves lately. "Oh my god, if she wants embellishments she's going to have to come up on the budget! How can we, Kleinfeld, the greatest, biggest purveyor of wedding dresses in the known world, be expected to find an embellished gown for under $5000?". Honey. Switch to decaf. I'm tired of hearing all the doom and gloom from Randy and the consultants when a bride wants a dress and has a budget. They trot in two dresses and throw up their hands. This is not interesting to me. I'd be far more interested in seeing the consultants show some skill and get creative.

Jersey girl was an abomination. That is all.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Was she the one who was all about the love? I want everyone to be overwhelmed with love! She wants everyone to feel the boundless, limitless love. But she's going to feed her guests Triscuits and 7 Up because she went way over budget on her dress. Love is in the air!

Yes, she was the one "all about the love". LOL! I give people far too much latitude than I should,  but that crossed the line. Honestly, if I were invited to a wedding and discovered prior to the event the bride cheated me out of a decent meal so she could double her dress budget, I would attend - but I wouldn't buy a gift. If asked, I'd say "I didn't realize this was to be such a dressy event, so I had to purchase a new outfit. Unfortunately, the outfit I chose was so expensive I had no money left over to buy you a gift."

12 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Jersey girl was an abomination. That is all.

However, she was the ONLY bride in recent memory to correctly refer to the style she wanted as a "ball gown", not a "princess dress" (or, like someone from the previous episode, "a princess gown dress"). Gotta give credit where credit is due!

• Love 4

They are doing what is billed as an update show but they showed Elle King’s appointment and didn’t give an update. Am I wrong or did she not cancel the wedding? If they are billing it as an update show they owe us an update.

19 hours ago, Refresh said:

She has a makeup business. Ok.  So her makeup looks like that on purpose? Hmmm. 

Probably not an accident her makeup business has the word DIRTY in it! 

• Love 1

When wounded warrior woman showed up pregnant and not married I thought it was pretty brazen that she went back to Kleinfeld's without having gotten married after receiving all the gifts from them.  As I recall they gifted the dress, shoes, earrings, and veil to her.  I thought it was pretty ungrateful of her to have not gotten married, or to not giving it all back once she realized she wasn't getting married.  That episode happened well before her pregnancy.

But then, I read the information about her fraudulent behavior (thanks great detectives!), and was just astounded that Kleinfeld's even featured her again.  She seemed relieved that Randy wasn't there, so it was very interesting that they called him at home to talk to her.  Hopefully it will become known that she is a scammer and other businesses will not fall for her con and she will not receive any more freebies based upon her lies.

• Love 4

My husband and i are in our late 60s and now we are getting invites to friends grand kids weddings.  We decided not to go to any because everyone of them having been living together and have kids...nope not gonna spend my money on that.  If my grand kid gets married grandma and grandpa will come but i already spent all my money on your moms wedding.  These girls are so spoiled and the cost of theses dresses is beyond belief....

• Love 8
1 hour ago, seahag50 said:

My husband and i are in our late 60s and now we are getting invites to friends grand kids weddings.  We decided not to go to any because everyone of them having been living together and have kids...nope not gonna spend my money on that.  If my grand kid gets married grandma and grandpa will come but i already spent all my money on your moms wedding.  These girls are so spoiled and the cost of theses dresses is beyond belief....

So you're not going to a wedding because the couple is living together and has children already? I don't understand that reasoning; couples who live together and have a child prior to the wedding are still deserving of a wedding if they want one (and can pay for it themselves).

Are you expecting your grandchildren to ask you to pay for their weddings? (re: your comment about spending all your money on your daughter's wedding). That thought would have never occurred to me as I was planning my wedding but I'd like to think I'm nowhere near as ridiculous as many of the brides on this show. My grandmother attended and gave us a lovely gift from our registry but there's no way I would have asked her to pay a single cent toward the wedding costs.

• Love 9

Tonight's Jersey girl and her entourage were something else.  The bridesmaid in the too tight gray tshirt looked like a sidewalk Sally with her enormous fake bewbs.  And what's with that generation and their inability to pronounce the letter T in the middle of a word. She kept saying Man ha in instead of Manhatten.  And of course, another bride who insists on being overly sexy. And why was she always holding her bewbs?  

And then we had the earthy hicks who are gold miners.  Oy, the father was beyond crude.  But in the end, they seemed like a pretty nice family.  

• Love 3

From someone who has lived her entire life in New Jersey, please don't think tonight's (Jaque) and last week's (Emanuela) "Jersey Girl" brides are typical! Those types are a small minority and almost caricatures of themselves. 

Also, when Paula brought in the Pnina for Jaque to try on, she mentioned being "respectful" of the $ 3,000 budget but asked her mother if there was any "wiggle room". Did anyone ever say how much over budget the dress was? 

I grew to like the Beets Family by the end of the show, the daughter seems like a sweet girl. 

And I can't believe no one has posted anything about Jasmine, the Grand Canyon Bride's "big announcement" on the update show. 

• Love 2

Was this a new episode? If not, I need the original air date from someone, please. I sooooo want to read about Vegas Jasmine & her 24 hour new boyfriend. Poor Brian! And how did the Grand Canyon venue get changed to Vegas with about 12 guests? Weird.

Found it. Page 20, folks.

Edited by rhys
Detective work paid off.
  • Love 1

I loved Randy's runway show and thought he did a good job providing a range of styles and fabrics. I really like the "Michelle" model. The see-through finale gown with the splotches of lace over the breasts, oy. He's been around Pnina too much.

Doesn't Randy have anyone besides his dog to be with him and provide support during the show? He seemed to be all by himself backstage and had to talk to the camera about being so happy and wanting to cry. Hopefully there were some friends and family we didn't see.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, 2727 said:

I loved Randy's runway show and thought he did a good job providing a range of styles and fabrics. I really like the Michelle style. The see-through finale gown with the splotches of lace over the breasts, oy. He's been around Pnina too much.

Doesn't Randy have anyone besides his dog to be with him and provide support during the show? He seemed to be all by himself backstage and had to talk to the camera about being so happy and wanting to cry. Hopefully there were friends and family off camera.

Many beautiful dresses there.  A few too many Pnina-esque examples, but a lot of brides, on the show anyway, seem to seek those out, so...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Love 3
On 4/22/2017 at 11:26 PM, Beaner said:

Grand Canyon bride was a piece of work. I give that marriage about a week. Or when she's done taking him for everything he's got.

Beaner, you called it! And almost a year ago! 

• Love 4

I liked Randy's collection overall, and it seems to be the kind of things their clients want. I'm too old for that nonsense, but when I was young, I remember thinking I wanted my fiance to think I was hot walking down the aisle. Not "wear napkins on my boobs" or "expose myself in church" hot, but I definitely wanted to show my figure.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, 2727 said:

Doesn't Randy have anyone besides his dog to be with him and provide support during the show?

I've seen a guy with him at Kleinfelds before holding the dog.  I assumed he was his S.O.  During the fashion show I did see a guy in the hallway backstage holding the dog.  I assumed it might be the same guy. 

I saw Shay in the background too.  I'm not sure why he's not featured on the show anymore.  I liked most of Randy's dresses.  Once they showed that they can add a panel to the see-through pasties ones, then I began to like them more.  I liked his A-line dress that won the March Madness dress competition last night too. I'm happy for Randy and hope that his bridal line is successful, but I hope the show can get back to the brides-to-be and quit focusing so much on how stressed out he is over the fashion show.  That storyline wore thin with me.  

Although I thought that the Mom who wanted her daughter to wear a ball gown needed to come to terms with her daughter's desire to wear something tight, I found the bride's friends to be a little rude to her.  One of them was a little snippy in her replies to the Mom about what the bride wanted.  IMO, they needed show some respect seeing as how that is the bride's Mother!  The Mom had a vision of her daughter's wedding day her whole life, and she needed a little alone time with her daughter in order to come to terms with what her daughter wanted.  For some Moms this is a very emotional time.  It's a tough situation for the bride too, so it calls for some sensitivity on everybody's part, IMO.  I liked the dress she chose, but I agreed that it could use a little more coverage up top.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

Also, when Paula brought in the Pnina for Jaque to try on, she mentioned being "respectful" of the $ 3,000 budget but asked her mother if there was any "wiggle room". Did anyone ever say how much over budget the dress was? 

$3,900 I believe (I'm watching it now but also don't feel like rewinding to confirm). 

Surprisingly it was the other friend who annoyed me at her appointment (not the booby one). "It's the style, Mrs. Brides name". And? Cut out shoulders is the trend, and it's hideous, doesn't mean I'm going to start wearing it. The dress she chose was not flattering and her weird pressuring to make her mom say she loved it was annoying. She clearly didn't. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Although I thought that the Mom who wanted her daughter to wear a ball gown needed to come to terms with her daughter's desire to wear something tight, I found the bride's friends to be a little rude to her.  One of them was a little snippy in her replies to the Mom about what the bride wanted.  IMO, they needed show some respect seeing as how that is the bride's Mother

I agree. I couldn't believe how they were talking to her.  And it wasn't necessarily the words they chose, but the tone of voice and facial expressions.  However, the mom bugged me, too.  She sat there looking like a deer in headlights and somewhat whiny, imo.  It was great to see her finally understand that her daughter really hated the ball gowns.  In regards to the dresses, I thought she looked so much better in the first one she tried on.  I didn't care for that Pnina, at all.  Although, I did appreciate that it was one of her more modest ones.  I didn't think Pnini had it in her.

Just now, weightyghost said:

$3,900 I believe (I'm watching it now but also don't feel like rewinding to confirm). 

You're right. 

I'm so glad they clipped that first gown onto the gold mining bride so she could see what it would look like in her size.  It really was a lovely dress and kudos to dad for being able to visualize it and ask them to try again.  He was crass, but you could tell how much he loved his daughter and wanted to see her happy, yet, with the exception of the unlimited budget, I didn't get a spoiled vibe from her.  Nor, do I think she'd take advantage of him, given how he stressed not to worry about the money, just find something she loves. 

I loved a lot of Randy's dresses, but hated the camera work.  I wanted to see them all as they walked down the runway, but with the quick cuts back to Randy, I missed the detail in a few of them.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Tonight's Jersey girl and her entourage were something else.  The bridesmaid in the too tight gray tshirt looked like a sidewalk Sally with her enormous fake bewbs.  And what's with that generation and their inability to pronounce the letter T in the middle of a word. She kept saying Man ha in instead of Manhatten.  And of course, another bride who insists on being overly sexy. And why was she always holding her bewbs?  

And then we had the earthy hicks who are gold miners.  Oy, the father was beyond crude.  But in the end, they seemed like a pretty nice family.  

They give the state of New Jersey and the Italian heritage a bad rap for their outlandish behavior.  No one even bother to tell her stomach stuck out in the skin tight dresses she tried on.

• Love 2

I thought all of Randy's gowns looked beautiful.  The one with the pasties feature can also be lovely when lined.  I hope we get to see them promote his line more instead of the stripper fairy choices we see every week.  

I've never seen the reality show about the gold miners, and had no idea who they were.  When I first saw them I thought it was going to be at train wreck of a show.  I agree with you Shannon L. that the bride was not a brat.  She was realistic about her figure, and her family was supportive and didn't make snarky comments about the dresses and how she looked in them.  They had more manners than many that have been on the show.  I was hoping we would be able to see the wedding dress on her at her wedding.  

As for the N.J. bride, grow up.  Quit the drama.  Try on a ball gown first for your mother, then get on with it.  As for the bridesmaid wearing the gray t-shirt, she looked like she was auditioning for something, but I'm not sure what. 

Someone mentioned a follow up show.  When was that aired?  My DVR didn't record it if it was recent.

Edited by laredhead
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, laredhead said:

Someone mentioned a follow up show.  When was that aired? 

According to my online guide, it was a follow up on that thoroughly distasteful romper-dress bride.  No way I'd watch that.  Of all of the brides to revisit, why in the world select that skanky mess.  They have jumped the shark big time.