Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Rhondinella

Say Yes To The Dress

Recommended Posts

Iamchicagoannie, hope watching a small portion of SYTTD with the twins did not make you sicker than you already were.  Glad I missed that episode.  Hope you feel better soon.

Share this post


Link to post

How many times have the blonde twins been on now? Is there another episode other than the wedding and the vow renewal? Make them go away!!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I only recalled the original wedding gown episode and then the vow renewal episode, however it seems the twins were also featured in a couple of those clip shows. I looked around and found this info (bolding mine):

Reality TV & Acting Roles
Amy Pokora is well known for her recurring role on the TLC channel’s hit show Say Yes to the Dress. Over the past few years, Amy has filmed on many occasions in NYC, Arizona, and even Puerto Rico!  She stars in 4 episodes, and has also been featured on the spinoff series Randy Knows Best as a Top 10 bride.

Here's more info than you probably want to know: http://www.lewisandpokora.com/firm-news/attorney-amy-pokoras-appearance-on-say-yes-to-the-dress/

Share this post


Link to post

I would have serious reservations about hiring a lawyer who was also a comedian and reality tv star.  Hoping she and her sister don't make any more appearances  on SYTD.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, abbey said:

Hoping she and her sister don't make any more

I have a feeling that there will be a pattern of vow renewals with this pair.  Anything to get their bleach blond mugs on the TeeVee.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if Amy's legal firm ads are featured on late night TV in Arizona and are as cheesy as they ones I see here in the NY metro area with smarmy lawyers claiming they can get you millions for your accident. 

Maybe it's twin Emily's turn for a "starring role" on SYTTD. So far, she's only been a sidekick on her ditzy sister's wedding gown quest. Her own wedding wasn't featured on the show, but perhaps it's time for the drama of her selecting a vow renewal gown? 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, abbey said:

I would have serious reservations about hiring a lawyer who was also a comedian and reality tv star.  Hoping she and her sister don't make any more appearances  on SYTD.

Pretty certain the lawyerin' income won't be a serious threat to the tax bracket, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I wonder if Amy's legal firm ads are featured on late night TV in Arizona and are as cheesy as they ones I see here in the NY metro area with smarmy lawyers claiming they can get you millions for your accident. 

Maybe it's twin Emily's turn for a "starring role" on SYTTD. So far, she's only been a sidekick on her ditzy sister's wedding gown quest. Her own wedding wasn't featured on the show, but perhaps it's time for the drama of her selecting a vow renewal gown? 

I live in AZ, but am old and don't see any commercials that come on after 10:00 PM.  I've never heard of this woman, so I had to google her to see a picture.  In every picture, she's wearing jeans with frayed holes where the knees should be.

In my best Little Old Lady voice, I would say, "She must not be a very good attorney if she can't afford new jeans."

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

And they are different........how?  Almost every ambulance chasing attorney gives you a free consult.  That way they can lock in the enormous percentage of the winnings and will only take cases they can think they can win. 

How she doesn't have bleach poisoning is beyond me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I live in AZ, but am old and don't see any commercials that come on after 10:00 PM.  I've never heard of this woman, so I had to google her to see a picture.  In every picture, she's wearing jeans with frayed holes where the knees should be.

In my best Little Old Lady voice, I would say, "She must not be a very good attorney if she can't afford new jeans."

Take pity on poor Emily, at least! Hubby's doing time in the big house, so money's probably tight.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gracelwilliams/2015/10/16/meet-the-say-yes-to-the-dress-couple-at-the-center-of-a-2-5m-mortgage-refinance-scam/#45efad50639a

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/crime/judge-trims-sentence-for-long-island-mortgage-fraudster-1.13494428

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Take pity on poor Emily, at least! Hubby's doing time in the big house, so money's probably tight.

 

Guess a vow renewal is out of the picture for a while.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

They could do it through the glass in the visitor area.

In that venue she might want to make sure all of those lady bits are covered.  No sense it riling up the inmates.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

So her next show will be American Greed then? She can play the beautiful wife who had no idea of what her husband was doing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I happened on SYTTD Northern Edition. What a breath of fresh air. Normal people. No troweled-on makeup and 6-inch eyelashes. Lots of pretty dresses, many with - GASP - sleeves for- DOUBLE GASP - church weddings. No stripper-fairy dresses in sight.  Budgets mostly in the $1500 range.  One bride had a max of $4000 and the consultant actually picked dresses UNDER budget. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

After watching tonight's episode (Cat Cora/Sling Shot Bride) it seems that Kleinfeld's has changed their "all black" dress code for consultants. Debbie was wearing a white sweater and Lisa was wearing a black and white smocked tablecloth looking off the shoulder top, both with black pants, so I guess "black and white" is now acceptable (maybe just for when they're filmed?)  

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The blindfold idea isn't a first for this show, contrary to the gasp by the consultant who acted like this was such a novel idea. ;)    As for having a reception party at a theme park, that would be a no for me.  I can't see spending that kind of money on a beautiful dress, only to wear it in one of the filthiest places around.   I wasn't too impressed with this episode.   YMMV. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Cora & Bride whose name I forgot didn't try many dresses and the ones they picked were really boring.  Coney Island bride didn't try enough dresses either, which is a pity she she looked great in the few she tried.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Who was the Yoko Ono friend of Cat Cora’s fiancé hiding behind the sunglasses and hat? I assume she was incognito for some reason. 

I just googled her. She is some British fashion designer. Totally bizarre outfit--sack dress, weird hat and sunglasses that never came off. And another friend's name was Cloud? Okay. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yoko Ono good call. All I came up with was Boy George. Cat looked lovely tho. No discussion about going over budget. I liked Rain's dress.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I thought that the Yoko Ono was trying to be Pharrell Williams with wearing that stupid hat.  She looked ridiculous in that whole getup.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Who was the Yoko Ono friend of Cat Cora’s fiancé hiding behind the sunglasses and hat? I assume she was incognito for some reason. 

Hah!  That was my first thought when they showed her!  Maybe she's in the witness protection program. ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Definitely Pharrell Williams wears his outfits better than that wannabe.  Hard to image that she is a fashion designer (maybe in her dreams).

Share this post


Link to post

I found myself rolling my eyes at Cora and her fiance - "Missed you!" "I missed you more!" "It's been so long since I've seen you, it feels like weeks!" I get it, no two people have ever been so in love. I mean, it's nice and all, I'm happy for you, but jeez, enough is enough already. I found it very tiresome and ended up ff-ing through the end of their appointment.

Rain got a great deal, her dress was marked down from $6000 some to about $800, and I thought it looked lovely on her. I know it was staged, but it was nice Randy and the consultant whose name escapes me at the moment; I really should know it!- got to go to the wedding. I am terrified of heights and roller coasters and such and really felt for the consultant's fear of the Slingshot but am proud of her for going through with it. There is something to be said for facing your fears and living to tell the tale, and I'm sure she's a better, more confident person for it. Maybe next time I'm faced with a roller coaster I should consider giving it a try...

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

 Lisa was wearing a black and white smocked tablecloth looking off the shoulder top

I thought she looked terrible in that top and very unprofessional.  I guess Shay lowered the standards for everyone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I thought the fashion designer hiding behind the sunglasses and Pharrell Williams hat looked like she was wearing a bathrobe. I looked up Cat Cora's bio, it appears she was married to another woman for two years after being with her for twenty. They had four sons together, something about IVF with each of them carrying the sperm donor fertilized egg of their partner twice. She was divorced in 2015 and only started the relationship with Nicole in 2017. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, camom said:

I thought she looked terrible in that top and very unprofessional.  I guess Shay lowered the standards for everyone.

 I noticed the attire change too, but when I started watching more closely, there  were a couple of times that I thought it looked like she might be hiding a pregnancy bump. Or it could have just been the way she was standing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, rur said:

there  were a couple of times that I thought it looked like she might be hiding a pregnancy bump. Or it could have just been the way she was standing. 

oh my, I don't think Lisa is pregnant, she's 58! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, magemaud said:

oh my, I don't think Lisa is pregnant, she's 58! 

I thought she might be older . . . that's why I started watching more closely! 

In that case, I have no idea why she was wearing that top. But wasn't she wearing an off-the-shoulder all black one a couple weeks ago? I know someone was, because I didn't think it looked like typical salesperson attire. 

Share this post


Link to post

I think you're right about Lisa recently wearing the black off the shoulder top, not very professional or flattering, IMO. I also think she looks better with her hair down instead of slicked back in that tight bun. 

Share this post


Link to post

Cat and Nicole were definitely annoying with their I miss yous and the constant need to be all over each other.  I'm all for love and affection, but this seemed too much.  I got the heebeejeebees thinking of someone being that clingy!  I guess they are actually getting married though in April and now they have a contest to bake and design their wedding cake. http://catcora.com/cat-nicole-wedding-cake-contest/ It will be interesting to see if they wear the dresses they chose.  

I noticed for the first time when Lisa and Randy were outside in real natural light, just how orange Lisa is.  She needs to lay off the tanning beds, change the color of her spray tan or quit eating so many carrots! 

Quote

oh my, I don't think Lisa is pregnant, she's 58! 

Unfortunately Lisa is probably sporting what some have to deal with in the menopausal years.  And don't ask me how I know this... 

Edited by eclectcmoi · Reason: forgot to add the comment about belly pooch
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I did not think Lisa's dress was particularly flattering on her. I thought something with (gasp!) a small sleeve would have been better, and perhaps more of an A-line. Cat looked good, though I've never particularly liked her. I fast-forwarded through much of their schmoopy annoying segments.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Oh Lord. More power to them, but running a half marathon (or any kind of running) right after getting hitched is not my idea of a good time!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Cat Cora was married/with someone else for a longggg time with four kids. So I found all the gushing about finally being the happiest everrrrrr to be a bit tacky. Enough. It’s insulting to your kids as well. They were making me gag with the lovey miss you bullshit. 

I loved the Coney Island brides dress! 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

 I normally hate all of the tacky theme weddings, but something about the half marathon runner and specifically her fiance made them very likable to me.   I think it was because he is clearly crazy about her!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know. I can't imagine exchanging vows with someone wearing a Geico visor. Maybe that is just me.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Running bride should have worn white shorts and a white T-shirt. Maybe a novelty Halloween veil. The sneakers were tacky and so was the groom. The dress was ugly...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Just saw the Cat Cora/Ran episode.  I agree with whomever it was ^upthread that said the dresses were rather pedestrian, but they were flattering on each woman.  

As for the bride Rain - she was lovely, but I didn't think the dress matched the venue.  Looked more formal/traditional to me.

The consultant for Rain - is it Lisa?  What the hell is with her self tanning?  My gawd it's awful.

In summary, what has become of this show?  Two consultants riding an amusement park ride?  Ugh.

Just show me dresses.  Dress porn is why we're here.  If not careful, this will become the wedding game show, then will have to be moved over to The Food Network.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

 The sneakers were tacky and so was the groom. The dress was ugly...

I thought maybe a simpler gown would have looked better and I thought she should have worn white sneakers.

6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

In summary, what has become of this show?  Two consultants riding an amusement park ride?  Ugh.

Just show me dresses.  Dress porn is why we're here.  If not careful, this will become the wedding game show, then will have to be moved over to The Food Network.

I know!  I hate that we only see a couple of dresses now and, as much as I like Randy, just give me a special episode showing his runway show.  I don't need to hear all the drama behind the dresses, and while I don't mind an occasional episode about someone who wants to have an off beat wedding, or the occasional wacky bride, I want to see more normal stuff, with a few gowns each.

I also miss SYTTD England/London.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Running bride should have worn white shorts and a white T-shirt. Maybe a novelty Halloween veil. The sneakers were tacky and so was the groom. The dress was ugly...

I agree, what was the point of spending all that money on a dress with alterations when she’s going to run(and sweat) for 13 miles in it? They both should’ve worn typical running clothes, IMO, maybe white for her and black for him.  Or he could’ve worn one of those tees with tuxedo graphics.  What they wore wasn’t nice or flattering to either one.

As far as running shoes, most serious runners have favorite brands and wouldn’t think of racing in a brand new pair.  Even if the bride could find her brand in white, by the time she broke them in, they could be pretty grubby and not so white.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Barbara Corcoran was really annoying, unfunny and crass, confusing vulgarity with wit.

What is it with all these brides that feel the need to incorporate something else in to their wedding that could be done on any other day of the year? Marathons and amusement parks may not be all that to your guests.  I'd be inclined to decline one of those invites.

On the bright side we are seeing some different dresses instead of the same old, same old.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What is it with all these brides that feel the need to incorporate something else in to their wedding that could be done on any other day of the year?

One wonders if a bride would think up this kind of crap if there were no TV show on which to display it.  Maybe some but I would wager that there are more that just do it to add to the fake drama on their application to appear.  It's just tedious and boring - I'd rather spend the time seeing more dresses.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

One wonders if a bride would think up this kind of crap if there were no TV show on which to display it.  Maybe some but I would wager that there are more that just do it to add to the fake drama on their application to appear.  It's just tedious and boring - I'd rather spend the time seeing more dresses.

Amen.

2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I agree, what was the point of spending all that money on a dress with alterations when she’s going to run(and sweat) for 13 miles in it? They both should’ve worn typical running clothes, IMO, maybe white for her and black for him.  Or he could’ve worn one of those tees with tuxedo graphics.  What they wore wasn’t nice or flattering to either one.

As far as running shoes, most serious runners have favorite brands and wouldn’t think of racing in a brand new pair.  Even if the bride could find her brand in white, by the time she broke them in, they could be pretty grubby and not so white.

Yup.  I thought of the money or rather waste of money and no matter how well a strapless dress is altered running 13 miles in a strapless dress is a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen, sweaty skin and strapless...oy.

Did anyone else notice that she was the only bride wearing a dress?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×