Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Can't imagine walking down the aisle in something like that.  And as a guest with a bride wearing that crap, I'd be embarrassed. 

Too many brides seem to have trouble with the concept of "sexy."  There's a difference between looking gorgeous on your wedding day and wearing something more appropriate for your honeymoon night.  Grace Kelly, Princess Kate, Julie Andrews (Sound of Music), Sarah Ferguson . . . looked "sexy" on their wedding day and not one of them looked like she was ready for the boudoir.  This Pnina/Randy (and probably others) trend of showing skin is so off-putting.  I just hope no one I know wears something like that b/c you're supposed to tell the bride she looks "beautiful" and God would probably strike me dead if I said that while she was wearing pasties.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Kohola3 said:
16 hours ago, rur said:

From your keyboard to Randy's sketch board

Still hideous.  And an embarrassment.

I agree. Not much of an improvement in white! I think Randy was nipping at the Brandi when he designed that one! 

• Love 3

I pretty much threw up in my mouth a little over Mariah (is that her name?) using the dogs as props.  Poor pups... how exhausting for them and Coco was having none of it.  Why subject an already high strung animal to more stress?  That's just mean and smacks of Mariah being very self absorbed. Then when I saw the closet she has full of clothes for the dogs... really? 

The Paris bride.... it really was just an excuse for a photo opportunity and of course to be on TV.  It wasn't an elopement and it wasn't a real wedding.  Why not just say you were having your honeymoon in Paris and going to repeat your vows there?  Nothing wrong with that. 

My daughter is having a destination wedding party this summer.  Because of the legalities, she and her finance will have a legal ceremony here in the US first at a courthouse with only one witness. Then they'll repeat vows in front of approximately 50 family and friends in Costa Rica.  It is surprisingly more more reasonable, even with travel costs for them to choose this type of wedding rather than a big shindig here in Southern California with 100+ people.  And... it's what she and her fiance want also.  They're both laid back, casual beachy people and this is the perfect  choice for them. She will have only one dress that I am paying for and it is lovely. This proud momma of the bride can't wait! 

• Love 10
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:58 AM, dogdays2 said:

This Pnina/Randy (and probably others) trend of showing skin is so off-putting. 

I'm not a fan of the corset look, especially with the sheer midriff.  I'll never be okay with corsets being worn on the outside! Some items belong under one's clothes!  Yes, I'm old and set in my ways on things of this nature.  ;)  

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:58 AM, dogdays2 said:

Too many brides seem to have trouble with the concept of "sexy."  There's a difference between looking gorgeous on your wedding day and wearing something more appropriate for your honeymoon night. 

I agree.  I'd be embarrassed for a bride if I were sitting there watching her strut down the aisle half-naked, especially in a church setting.  I was brought up to be respectful with my attire when in a church, so that's ingrained in me!  I'm not saying that they have to be covered head-to-toe, but just maybe show a little modesty.  You don't need all of the other women's husbands/boyfriends in attendance drooling over you while you're standing at the altar showing off your ass crack with the low cut gown.  Randy's blue pasties dress in white, um, no.  That doesn't help.  Sorry, Randy!

Congrats, eclectcmoi!  That sounds very nice.  I hope all is well with you. :)

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 4
On 2/3/2018 at 6:50 PM, atlantaloves said:

The dark haired bimbo dog person....MY GOD....I had to turn this off and watch one of my true life murder programs on ID and get a good dose of reality. Blaughhhhhhhhhh......WHAT A FAKE IDIOT. 

Oh, I disagree. She’s a REAL idiot. ??

• Love 6

Well, what about that spoiled idiot last night who had to have a black dress and veil with all her tattoos....Glad her mother won, but they all just wanted to be on television. The white dress she did buy was total whore dog. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

• Love 2

I fast forwarded the first half of the show. Did they run that new one-hour format by a focus group? How could they not know that we want to see dresses and more dresses, and less personal background? I don't care about their groom, their venue, their diseases. Just come in, put on some dresses (as many as possible), and pick one.

Whose idea was it to bring a bride to Kleinfeld's minutes after getting proposed? Of course she won't buy today and she won't know what she wants.

• Love 7

After watching all the new episodes, I can't find one single LIKABLE Bride in the whole bunch! Circus Bride and Ambushed Nanny were probably the least annoying, I found the rest insufferable

edited to add: I just re-watched Courtney, the blonde airhead from TX who had no idea what she wanted. I counted, she used the phrase "I don't know..." FIFTEEN times and said the word "like" 29 times! You could tell Antonella was ready to strangle her by the end of the appointment when she left without saying Yes to any dress. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 5
On 2/11/2018 at 12:13 PM, atlantaloves said:

Well, what about that spoiled idiot last night who had to have a black dress and veil with all her tattoos....Glad her mother won, but they all just wanted to be on television. The white dress she did buy was total whore dog. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

I think if people did a bit of searching (me in the summer when I don't work as much) I am willing to bet these people are aspiring actors, performers, musicians, something.  No one is that weird all the time.  I think they are hoping someone sees them on tv and will hire them.  Or....they really are that strange and out there all the time!!!  LOL!

• Love 3

I have a friend whose daughter is getting married.  She has an appointment in a few weeks at Kleinfelds.  Not on TV of course, but I am anxious to hear how the whole process goes for those folks who don't have tv cameras on them. Hoping she gets a consultant I recognize but probably not.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I think if people did a bit of searching (me in the summer when I don't work as much) I am willing to bet these people are aspiring actors, performers, musicians, something.

I'd have to agree.  "Here is my petulant face, now here is my surprised face, and just look at my sad face, aren't I versatile?"  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, abbey said:

I have a friend whose daughter is getting married.  She has an appointment in a few weeks at Kleinfelds.  Not on TV of course, but I am anxious to hear how the whole process goes for those folks who don't have tv cameras on them. Hoping she gets a consultant I recognize but probably not.

I have a feeling the ones we see are the 'just for TV consultants'.

I wonder what they'd do if she announces her wedding is in 2 months, & then lists all the things she likes - & mostly dislikes - about various dresses. Will they work their asses off finding THE one that is good to go??

If she gives them a sob story will they give her a break on a gown out of her budget??

How many special requests will they jump to honor without any screen time?

And - do they have anything with sleeves yet?? - That doesn't have all the peek-a-boos for private areas??

I'm just curious.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4

Kleinfeld has a lot of demure dresses with sleeves, they just seem to keep them hidden from us 1 , 2 . They also have consultants for Orthodox brides, I think we saw one once. 

This dress is particularly classic and stunning. Can you tell I'm going to Kleinfeld for an appointment soon? :)

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, TwopLurker said:

This dress is particularly classic and stunning. Can you tell I'm going to Kleinfeld for an appointment soon? :)

31 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I really like the first one, but not so much on the other two. The last one falls into the 'show as much boob as possible' category.

I love the third one (the sleeveless), and I don't agree it falls into the category of too reveling. If you hover over the picture, it zooms in, and you can clearly see the deep "v" is concealed by nude illusion (which I'm sure if one was on the large busted side, Kleinfeld would be happy to replace with white illusion, which would give more coverage if one wanted that).

I found a picture that shows the coverage provided by the illusion in the deep "v" more clearly, below.

I also like the bodice appears to have quite a bit of structure and the bust cups are designed to cover the upper arch of the breasts - as well as the bodice being cut quite high under the arms, so one wouldn't have to worry about "side-boob". I think it's a lovely gown - modern, classy, and very figure flattering (without being too revealing). YMMV, of course!

$1050.00 for a silk Mikado gown seems like a fair price to me. Stealing a line from Zac Posen on Project Runway, "It looks expensive!"

Found a picture of the back of the gown...like it even more now! (If you do purchase your gown at Kleinfeld, let us know which gown you choose!)

MJ406B.jpg

MJ406C.jpg

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Added pictures
  • Love 1

To each his own on that last one :).

I liked the first the best, although the top mostly. The bottom was just okay.

ETA: I do like the bottom of the last one though, just not the top.
This does prove there's a lot more variety in dresses that they are hiding from viewers.

Edited by gonecrackers

I'm still upset at the "Paris" bride. I sat around, stopped live television to make a snack, had wine ready to see this FABULOUS Paris wedding. Saw the hotel, got all excited and then got served a poop burger without any condiments or cheese. She just stood on the street with her wedding planner (whose makeup was better than hers). If I knew her license plate number, I would call and report her car stolen. What a crock

• Love 5

Did anyone see this year's Today Show wedding?  I caught a few minutes of the recap the Monday after it happened.  I went to their website and looked at the choices the couple had.  The gown choices were all provided by Kleinfeld and they were all long sleeve.  Three very different dress, three different designers.  But what caught my eye was the fact that one of the designers was Pnina Tornai!  And the gown was fully lined!  It looked like a strapless with a lace shrug over it, but it was practically a nun's habit compared to what we usually see from her!!!  

Here's the link:  https://www.today.com/style/today-wedding-2018-vote-winning-wedding-dress-t121442

• Love 3
On 2/14/2018 at 2:35 PM, abbey said:

Please have your friend's daughter utter the magic words "Pnina Tornai" just to see if it summons Pnina herself from a back room somewhere, ready to personally help her find the perfect gown

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 9
On 1/30/2018 at 6:32 PM, Quof said:

This.  Back in the "old days" brides would bring their mom, maybe a bridesmaid.  Then their friends, families, and assorted hangers-on figured out they could be on teevee if they tagged along.  They didn't/don't give a tiny rat's hiney about what the bride actually wears.  When was the last time we saw a bride with fewer than 4 people in her party? And the Atlanta version may be even worse.

...is totally, completely, 

Wow, K's has a lot more consultants than I realized.  Only a couple pictured that I recognize from the show.

kleinfeldbridal.com/consultants/

For kicks I just took a look at the application to be on show  According to the application there is a limit of 3 guests.  Since when? lol.   Have we ever seen that small of an entourage?

3 hours ago, abbey said:

According to the application there is a limit of 3 guests.  Since when?

I wonder if the differentiates "guests" from "entourage". Because, as you say, rarely have we  ever seen more than a circus troop of "family and friends" at those appointments.  Mostly of the obnoxious variety.

Edited by Kohola3
spelling counts
  • Love 1

Perhaps K's does an interview before brides are selected.  The bride promises that, if she's allowed to bring more than 3 guests, they will be the most obnoxious group ever seen on the show.  Anything to keep those ratings going.

Of course. they obviously don't read the forum since most of us abhor that behavior and would rather see double the number of non-skanky dresses than any of the nasty people and bawling brides. 

• Love 2

If chosen to be on the show, I promise to bring along:

my bitter opinionated single sister, my precocious  (bratty) ten year old daughter, my bitchy gay best friend who knows exactly how HE thinks I should look on my wedding day, my obnoxious sorority sister who doesn't think my budget is high enough, my future mother-in-law who knows how her son wants me to look, my wedding planner who just wants to be on TV, or all or any combination of the above. 

Did I miss anyone? 

• Love 17

Your fiance, who wants to control how you dress, starting from the hour before you are married.  

Your father, who wants your tits covered.

Your granny, who wants you to wear a lace tablecloth.

Your dead mother's former kindergarten teacher, who tells you your mother is with you in spirit.  

• Love 14

Your medical care team who tell your heart-breaking story in hopes of getting a freebie.

Your employer and/or coworkers who really don't give a damn but want to be on the TeeVee.

9 minutes ago, Quof said:

Your father, who wants your tits covered.

Or wants you to look sexy so picks out dresses that give everyone else the creeps.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Oh, Lawd, just read that the bleach blond bimbo twins, Margo and Marlo, are going to be on AGAIN.  What is Kleinfelds' fascination with these two halfwits?  Click. TV off.

I had never seen these women before, and just finished watching the episode. I was embarrassed for all involved. If I spoke to my sister like these two did, my parents would slap me. On tv. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Oh, Lawd, just read that the bleach blond bimbo twins, Margo and Marlo, are going to be on AGAIN.  What is Kleinfelds' fascination with these two halfwits?  Click. TV off.

I thought Margo and Marlo were the black twins? I just watched the latest episode, and I get being honest, but DAYUM! Homegirl should have been muzzled or left at home.

Oh and Randy's little apprentice made an appearance again! He is too adorable, I just want to pinch his cheeks.

Edited by nekilarose
Forgot a thought
  • Love 4

Aren’t the bleached blonde bimbo attorney twins Emily and Amy? Marlo and Margo were on tonight (and last week and the week before) and they’re not blondes. Both sets of twins were on before and are all pretty insufferable. 

• Love 5

Aren’t the bleached blonde bimbo attorney twins Emily and Amy? 

Yep, you are correct.  I saw the preview and then read the description - which was wrong.  At any rate, all four were disgusting.

• Love 2

The twins were awful. The African American twins were just rude to each other, as noted above. The bimbo vocal fry plastic idiots were pure vanity with empty brains. Who renews their vows after two years because they don't like the way they looked? If she cuts her hair (which she certainly should), is she going to have to renew her vows again to show her new style? Way to prioritize your life. Who marries someone like this?

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, roughing it said:

It's like they are auditioning to be the blond equivalent to the Kartrashians.

They are stupid, shallow, and supercilious enough.  The appeal of that sort of useless human bimbo (Kartrashians included) escapes me.

• Love 4

Settled in with the flu Sat night and was delighted to see a 2018 episode of SYTTD. Then, EGADS!  Another return of the blonde bimbo spray tan addict twins. I was SO disappointed. Why are they on, show after show? And the same theme "Something about me changed since my last wedding so I need to become a bride all over again." - RIDICULOUS. I changed the channel. Enough with these two. 

• Love 5