Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Dreamcatcher

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

The Peters Pumpkin Patch place was kind of cute, and reminded me of what this show can do every once in awhile when it bothers to try and be clever.

Spoiler

Doubtful, but was that the same pumpkin patch as the one Clorinda's footman boyfriend owned in Season 6?  It would have shown some research of their own show if they had named him Peter.  LOL, what am I saying, this writing team taking the time to look at their old scripts?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The tears for the spell to work is just so freaking ridiculous, even by this shows standards. I can get behind a LOT of ridiculous magic bullshit, but the magic tears, without a hint of irony, is just hilariously stupid.

I don't think I would have minded if the magic tears had been in any way equivalent to the tears from Merlin's situation. He's dealing with the being who destroyed the only woman he'd ever loved

Spoiler

and who actually is the woman he loved, now breaking his heart by being evil, and he's willing to die/be cursed rather than hurt her, even now

but, yeah, that's just the same as Henry getting friendzoned by a girl he just met. She's not betraying him or being vindictive. She just doesn't want to date a guy who may not even be sticking around in her world.

Which is why I still think Hook would have been the most obvious way to get tears that would at all compare to Merlin. He has the double whammy of losing Milah to a Dark One, and now he's in love with a Dark One. Later (in chronology, but in a previous episode) she's perfectly willing to stomp all over his heart to get his sword, when that wasn't even necessary at the time. Emma should be more willing to hurt him than hurt her son, since he's a grownup and can take it, and we know he'd be more than willing to take the hit in order to protect Henry. So, say something cruel to make him think the Darkness is taking over, remind him of what Dark Ones have done to him, get a tear, save Merlin, and he'd figure out pretty quickly why she did it. But it's like they didn't even think of that.

• Love 2
On 4/25/2019 at 9:10 PM, Shanna Marie said:

Which is why I still think Hook would have been the most obvious way to get tears that would at all compare to Merlin.

But it was time for the annual Mills/Swan family episode, so Hook isn't allowed to be shown with Emma or talked about at all. He can't exist until the end of the episode. Logic gets thrown out the window if it messes with their formula...

• Love 2