Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Dreamcatcher

• Start Topic

In Camelot, as Mary Margaret and David attempt to retrieve the Dark One dagger, Emma uses a Dreamcatcher to look into the past to see how Merlin was transformed into a tree. Together, Emma and Regina figure out the critical ingredient they must acquire to free Merlin, but it's a race against Arthur, who does not want Merlin released. Meanwhile, with encouragement from his moms, Henry musters up the courage to ask Violet on a date. Back in Storybrooke, the heroes break into Emma's house hoping to locate Gold, but what they find will give them a glimpse of Emma's end game. Far from prying eyes, Merida sets about the mission Emma has tasked her with and begins molding Gold into the hero they need to draw Excalibur.

“I liked your dad because he was always himself.” Haha. Right, Emma. Like that time he told you all about himself, his real name, his birthplace, who his parents were, who you really are. Or was his real self the naive user who trusted a notorious liar and left you pregnant and in prison at 17? Such a catch. Grrr. I'd like Neal a lot more if they didn't keep praising him. I'm going to tell myself that Emma just isn't the type to talk trash (aka the truth) about Henry's dead father.

How come Emma doing some parlor tricks on inanimate objects is dark magic and Regina throwing fireballs at people is o-okay?

"All it takes is one hand and a sword." Wow, show. I have no idea where you're going with this.

• Love 23

I went into the episode figuring it was the Emma and Regina episode, so I’d probably be frothing with rage by the end of it, but instead?  It was just kind of dull.

Things I thought were of note:

• Considering his background, and the way they keep realm hopping, maybe, just maybe, Henry should get some swordfighting lessons? 
  • I can’t decide if the Merida Makes Rumple Brave storyline or the Let’s Have a Cheer-Up Block Party is the more ludicrous storyline.
  • “All a man needs is a sword and one good hand--now pick it up!”  Huh.  Is that foreshadowing something about Hook, or am I giving the writing team too much credit?
  • Yay.  “Many years ago” tag.  So Merlin’s been treed for hundreds of years?  What do you suppose the chances are that the girlfriend destroyed by the Dark One actually became the Dark One?
  • Well, at least we know what they’re trying to destroy, now.  Light or dark magic.  That at least makes more sense than goodness or evilness.
  • Usually I think “Shut up, Regina!”  at least half a dozen times an episode.  This episode, I thought it twice.  The rest of the time, it was “Shut up, Merida!”  Also, bravery and thoughtless rage are not the same thing, show.  No wonder you have such mixed-up morals.
  • “Emma clearly thinks she has reason to be angry with us.  Who knows what happened to us, there.”  Even in her almost self-aware moments, Regina thinks of herself as the victim.
  • Also, whatever the Snow/David/Regina trio did to anger Emma, they evidently did while not under Arthur's sand spell.

First, a promo showed up in the corner of the screen during the show with timing so precise that made it look like Emma’s VW bug was farting fire.  I thought it was a manifestation of Dark One power.

That's awesome.  I wish that were true.

• Love 10

My Thoughts on Dreamcatcher:

Somehow the Merlin tree conversion and de-conversion story did not impress me much.  And I’m finding the amnesia annoying. 

My favorite funny quote this episode from Regina’s snarky collection: “Did you learn the big words at Shepherd’s school?”

Arthur and Guinevere lament how hopeless their people feel stuck in Storybrooke (although I would think they would at least enjoy modern indoor plumbing and fast food,) and suddenly the refrain heard over the ages in every teen movie for decades when trouble is on the horizon: “Let’s have a dance!”  Yes, that always solves everything…

Rumple/Gold: I loved Robert Carlyle’s acting (especially “You will always lose the ones you love the most.”)  I did feel kind of bad for Gold when Merida bonked him on the head and knocked him out.  There doesn’t seem to be a middle ground for him – he is either all powerful or completely at the mercy of a villain. 

Bravery/hero-creation storyline: I can’t equate bravery with rage at Merida’s taunts.  Plenty of cowardly people can go into a rage and fight someone but then revert to cowardice later.  I don’t equate that with heroism.  I find this to be a very silly story. 

And finally, just how did Merida know to look at the storybook to find Gold’s weakness/motivation?

Fashion comment:  I really love Emma’s DO black outfit with the long train flowing while she walks.  And I liked Belle’s green dress also.  Kudos to the costume department.

Henry: It was nice to hear Henry’s thoughts and reflections about Neal.  I liked that bit of continuity.  And his efforts to romance/court Violet were cute. I’m not sure I can buy that Henry’s tears of puppy love heartbreak would be enough to break Merlin’s curse though.  And by the way, Violet should implant a microchip in Nicodemus so she can find him if he runs away again.   I was surprised – I didn’t anticipate Emma’s betrayal of Henry.

It was nice seeing Cora again albeit only in flashback.  I do wish they hadn’t killed her off, she was such a great villain.

• Love 3

First, a promo showed up in the corner of the screen during the show with timing so precise that made it look like Emma’s VW bug was farting fire.  I thought it was a manifestation of Dark One power.

That was awesome! Almost as good as the White Rabbit opening a portal in Snow's pants. 

• Yay.  “Many years ago” tag.  So Merlin’s been treed for hundreds of years?  What do you suppose the chances are that the girlfriend destroyed by the Dark One actually became the Dark One?

I thought the same thing. Is that why he paused or was it something else? 

• Love 1

I just now noticed that the potion in the previously had a green puff of magic.  Are Arthur and Wicked in cahoots?  Did she somehow create the potion and give it to Arthur in Camelot or in Storybrooke?  They are pretty consistent about the magic clouds matching color.  Have we ever seen one of the colors twice from two different people?

So Snow and Charming are just going to be frozen and then cured by Merlin in one episode.  So much for exploring Emma’s descent into darkness as the result of spell induced Charming family dynamics.  On the one hand, at least it minimizes character assassination.  But I still kind of mourn that they always go for shallow over messy character driven stories.  Pull at my heart strings for a change, jeez.  Why do you always go for the least interesting option?

Also, I don’t understand why Emma has randomly started looking through dreamcatchers. Seems like hand waving to get the plot moving along, wrapped in a callback as misdirection to avoid viewers noticing that they pulled that out of their asses.

And I can’t believe they did absolutely nothing with Rumple’s blank heart.  Instead we just get coward Rumple and Merida making him brave. I don’t remember enough about Rumbelle on this show to know why Rumpel reacted so strongly to chip as a symbol of his love for Belle or something.  Really all that would have made that scene make sense is that chipped cup was under a spell and really a human child ala the movie. And Belle and Rumpel’s kid from EF to boot.

I really liked the Storybrooke Emma and Henry stuff and thank goodness Henry wasn’t in on the breaking and entering, but OMG. Henry’s teenage heartbreak is supposed to rival a legendary love of Merlin’s.  I just can’t.  The surprise reveal of Emma’s efforts to get a fresh tear bugged because of the timey-wimey of it.  She had to have known via the dreamcatcher that Regina’s tears wouldn’t work.  Which means Emma was twisting the screws to torture Regina.  Never mind, I forgive it.

I did actually like this episode, relatively speaking.  But I am in a ‘it has so much more potential’ mood.  I’ll get over it.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 5

Yeah, Merlin was disappointing looking.  I wanted and old man with a long white beard.  And wearing blue robes.  What's this young black dude in fancy duds doing here?

And Violet drinks soda for the first time.  "It's like a carnival in my mouth."  Let's not go nuts, Violet.  It's just a generic soft drink.

And I was sympathizing with Merida getting fed up with Rumple's whiny bullshit.

But much of this episode can be summed up as "I can't do it!  You can!  You will!  I will not!  Why won't this work?  Look what I found!  I got it working!"

• Love 2

I really hate Henry so I was cheering on his heartbreak and Emma being the cause. Something tells me that's the opposite of what was intended.

I did enjoy the reminder that CORA was the one who killed Daniel, not Snow, even though I know no apologies or acknowledgements will come of it.

• Love 8
"All it takes is one hand and a sword." Wow, show. I have no idea where you're going with this.

No kidding!

I thought it was a strong episode overall. I have to say though that my top 2 favorite scenes were Merlin throwing shade at Arthur, that tilt of the head after Arthur got done ranting about the prophecies was everything, and then Hook asking about the sword.

Episodes like this where Emma and Regina are on equal footing like they were in Camelot are enjoyable to me. I was really worried we would have a rendition of 4x05.

I'm not into Merida at all. So very much not looking forward to next episode.

And how did she know about the Storybook and where to find it? 

What Emma did to Violet and Henry was very, very wrong, and she tried to fix that in Storybrooke. I get why she did what she did. It doesn't make it better, but I understand her motivation, and how broken up about it she was.

also, please stop painting Neal as a saint because he wasn't. And I don't know what him being himself looks like. He lied to Emma before she landed in jail. 

• Love 8

Oh good, not just me then.

I was mostly bored.  I'm glad Merlin finally showed up.  I like the actor well enough so far, he seems like he has presence but can also pull off a little bit of humor which is nice.  But man, despite it only being 5 eps it seemed like it took 8 years to find Merlin.  

Violet and Henry were actually pretty cute, but not compelling enough to carry so much of an episode.  

How did Hook know there was a dream catcher in a closed box across a room when they were hurrying out?  And why did Emma have Violet's memory dreamcatcher set aside like that aside from plot contrivance?

It wasn't offensively bad, it just wasn't very interesting either.  More of a set up episode so we can finally get the action moving.  Except next week looks like a snooze too since I don't care about either Rumple or Belle and especially not their unhealthy creepy relationship.

• Love 5

The episode has some sweet moments, but I found myself multi-tasking about half way though, which I usually never do.

• "You don't get to be self righteous with me!" - my bad, Regina.  I forgot that was totally your territory.  That whole conversation had me ping-ponging.  I'd like one thing, then roll my eyes at the next. 
  • Henry was precious in his attempts to woo Violet.  I was presently surprised by how sweet I found it.
  • I get that putting yourself out there and laying your heart out in the open for your first crush is a big deal, but EPIC, HEARTBREAKING, curse breaking, tear-inducing pain from rejection - done in the kindest way possible, even?!  Come on show.  Get some perspective.
  • Loved Arthur getting to have his mini rage session at Merlin.  I feel for ya, buddy.
  • What was with the giant twist cone of magic Emma used to free Merlin?  I found those special effects rather hokey and distracting.
  • Yeah, Hook.  Give that bloody sword a yank already!
  • I was totally surprised at how chill Emma was with her parents being under a spell.  So, if that's not the reason why she's peeved with everyone, what is?! Hmmm...
  • Love 6

What do you suppose the chances are that the girlfriend destroyed by the Dark One actually became the Dark One

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the case.

I really liked this episode.

If Granny's has no electricity, wouldn't the soda be warm?

I kind of hated Emma this episode. Way to go, show. They really telegraphed what she was gonna do though, with that Cora flashback.

I know everyone hates Regina, but I liked her in this one.

Edited by Writing Wrongs

I liked the pumpkin in the opening title. Happy Halloween, everyone. As for the episode itself...

Meh. If the Regina/Emma dynamic had developed fairly and organically in the past, I might have enjoyed them in this episode but it didn't and I didn't. That well has been poisoned for me and there's no way around it.

So Henry can't even swing a sword? His swordfighting lessons with David in 2A just stopped? That's sad to me, because their relationship in 2A was adorable. (Apparently the horseback riding lessons continued, though.)

Also adorable was Henry and Emma getting into the Bug talking about Operation Cobra.

The ginormous Blood and Oil ad that made it look like Emma was using Dark Magic to run her car on bad television was distracting. So was the Quantico ad later, but that one was better placed and slightly smaller at least. Hey, ABC? This doesn't make me want to watch those shows. It makes me resent them.

It's a Cora flashback! Cora, the woman who was so desperate to see her daughter made a queen that she murdered her first love... but never had said daughter taught to dance, even knowing exactly how important that was socially. Uh-huh. Still not over that little plot point.

My favorite moment of the night may have been Belle figuring out how to break into Emma's house using something of Henry's. I do like it when Belle gets to be intelligent.

As has been said... Evil Arthur still isn't wrong about Team Storybrooke lying to him and endangering his kingdom. That's true whether his kingdom is an illusion or not.

I wonder if Sir Morgan's name is any kind of reference to Morgan le Fay. She's about the only top-tier Camelot character we haven't heard from. Though I could understand OUAT not wanting to get anywhere near the topic of Arthur and his sisters. (Heh. I could go for Henry's first crush being a genderbent Mordred.)

Edited by Panopticon
  • Love 1

How did Hook know there was a dream catcher in a closed box across a room when they were hurrying out?  And why did Emma have Violet's memory dreamcatcher set aside like that aside from plot contrivance?

Plot contrivance is the only explanation for the dreamcatcher because they kept veering from a dreamcatcher being able to show anything to there are many of them to this camera ready dream catcher has Violet's memories.  Which I actually think is a wrong guess from the character's.  Based on perspective, I think its likely Emma's.  That was after I decided it was the horse's.

• Love 2

I was grouchy/distracted while watching, so my thoughts are probably more negative than this episode warranted.

I am sick of the slow pacing. We're in Storybrooke...let's have a carnival. Okayyyy? Let's have a bunch of filler.

During the Emma/Regina freeing Merlin scene, I thought it was pretty convenient that Henry happened to get his heart broken. I did appreciate that Emma had manufactured the whole thing even though getting there took forever.

I wanted more from the dream catcher stuff. The lack of memories is bugging me. I want to know what happened already.

Merida/Rumple were just there.

Too many Baelfire references. The guy was a douche as an adult.

I do like the Merlin actor. I hope he gets more to do soon.

The Peter Pumpkin thing was cute. The show should do stuff like this more often.

My big takeaway? JMo's Dark Swan voice is grating on the ears. I can't take her seriously when she sounds like that.

Don't think I'll like next week either. Rumbelle fans are definitely due for an episode, but they are not my cup of tea (hehe).

The ginormous Blood and Oil ad that made it look like Emma was using Dark Magic to run her car on bad television was distracting.

I kept thinking it's time for her to invest in a hybrid. 

So the Dark One...is it an actual person? Because I did not get that impression. Plus there was no name on the dagger when Merlin dropped it.

• Love 1

Well, we're getting closer to understanding what happened to Emma in Camelot. Her heart clearly wasn't ready to give up the darkness. She looked a little uncertain when Merlin asked her that question. It will be interesting to see it unfold. I'm still not quite clear about what she's doing, which is keeping it interesting for me. I can definitely see glimpses of old Emma in Dark Swan, especially when she talks to Henry or Hook.

• Love 2

What was the reason they threw a party?  I didn't catch the line that got them from escaped / dead prisioner to its time for Storybrooke's first ball.

I find it very frustrating that David and Snow have still not sought out Emma when Henry, Hook and Regina have all had multiple encounters.

• Love 1

This episode was kinda eh.  Not terrible, but definitely not as much fun as the last few.  I didn't mind Henry's crush story previously, but it just took up too much of the episode this time.  And I agree with those who find it ridiculous that Violet's "Let's just be friends" could cause a tear of true loss or whatever.  Between that, angry Merida (what happened to the poor girl to make her like that?) equating bravery with getting mad, and the Neal references, are you trying to make me roll my eyes, show?  (Cuz it worked.)

• Love 2

What was the reason they threw a party?  I didn't catch the line that got them from escaped / dead prisioner to its time for Storybrooke's first ball.

I find it very frustrating that David and Snow have still not sought out Emma when Henry, Hook and Regina have all had multiple encounters.

Well, it's much more important to have a party so that your guests will have hope and be cheerful than it is to check in on your daughter-in-crisis.  It's not like she's got abandonment issues, or is often unsure of your affection, or as if she asked you to help her with staying herself instead of becoming the Dark One.

Have a block party, instead.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 16

You know that feeling when you're eating some food that tastes awful, and then to make matters worse, it's extra chewy so you have to keep chewing and gnawing at it until it's completely devoid of any flavor and you force yourself to swallow? That's basically how I feel about this entire episode. Please Show, I beg of you...never ever do a Henry centric again. I can't take the cheesy acting and middle school drama. What a waste of 60 minutes of my life.

“I liked your dad because he was always himself.” Haha. Right, Emma. Like that time he told you all about himself, his real name, his birthplace, who his parents were, who you really are. Or was his real self the naive user who trusted a notorious liar and left you pregnant and in prison at 17? Such a catch.

Seriously! If I had been drinking something during that scene I would have done an actual spit take. What was up with all the Neal shout outs this episode? To parallel Henry's first love? I even enjoyed Neal's character at times, but I absolutely despise the blatant whitewashing he gets from the writers. He tells Emma he had no choice but to send her to jail, gets called a hero for doing something incredibly dumb, gets Emma's brother named after him, and then this description from Emma is just so completely off base. Just because you say something, writers, doesn't make it true.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 16

I think Henry's storyline would have been more impactful for me if he hadn't just met Violet. If it had been a longer term thing, it would have been more emotional. But, let's face it he's only 13. I thought Emma was maybe going to play Hook to get one of her own tears...break up with him or something. I think that definitely would have been upsetting.

• Love 1

I don't care about Henry, and I don't think Granny would've been pleased with all the lit candles in her diner, without an adult supervision!

Also...Emma freed Merlin using both her light and dark magic. That's something that's worth noting. The light magic hasn't been completely taken over by the dark magic.

• Love 4

Merlin is hot af!!! I seriously swooned when he said, "Emma" like that. I am not shipping them or anything just that he is SOO HOT!

Also, for such a great wizard, they made Merlin weak. Like WTF! I thought he would be the only one who could stood up to The Dark One? 

• Love 1

Merlin is fiiiine. I wasn't sure if Emma remembered him as the creepy movie theater guy from long ago. The look on Arthur's face for a second when he thought Merlin was commending him was priceless. Good acting!

Couldn't care less about either Merida or Rumple.

Emma crushing Henry's heart was a shocking moment. It looks like she already started giving in to the Darkness in Camelot. She's now alienated both Henry and Hook in Storybrooke in trying to hold on to both Love and Power. 

So, the Dark One wants to snuff out all Light Magic. That seems a little clearer than snuffing out all Light, but still doesn't make much sense. Especially if Excalibur is supposed to snuff out all the Dark Magic. I guess the lesson they'll learn is both Light and Dark need to exist in balance. Too Star wars?

Anvil-sized being dropped about one-handed heroes and Excalibur. 

The glorification of St. Neal continues. 

• Love 5

My only explanation is that Emma said what she did about Neal because she was being manipulative. I just can't explain the whitewashing any other way.

As for Hook, I think there's something about the magic in Emma's house that keeps pulling him in. Between the sword and the dream catcher, the magic around her seems to call to him. Wonder when he's going to have a serious look on his face and get pulled in by the coffee maker. ;)

Edited by sharky
  • Love 11

More thoughts.

So the Dark One...is it an actual person? Because I did not get that impression. Plus there was no name on the dagger when Merlin dropped it.

Maybe it was on the other side of the blade because they didn't want to reveal it yet. The Mask was probably for the same reason. 

Well, we're getting closer to understanding what happened to Emma in Camelot. Her heart clearly wasn't ready to give up the darkness. She looked a little uncertain when Merlin asked her that question.

The Darkness seems to have already taken a hold on Emma in Camelot with heart-control and all. It is still going to boil down to Emma's choice in the end.

What was the reason they threw a party?  I didn't catch the line that got them from escaped / dead prisoner to its time for Storybrooke's first ball.

So, noone thought of looking at the surveillance tapes. Throw a party instead! Dull knives all around.

It's not their centric yet. :-p

I think Henry's storyline would have been more impactful for me if he hadn't just met Violet. If it had been a longer term thing, it would have been more emotional. 

Hey--his mom had a total melt-down because her week-long love-affair didn't work out. Like Mother/Like Son.

• Love 3

The only mentions of Neal that didn't bug the shit out of me this episode were when Henry was feeling bad about not getting to know his father and when Hook explained about the Dreamcatcher. The rest was ridiculous retconning, as everyone else has pointed out -- written by the freaking show's creators, no less! Ugh.

The Henry/Violet stuff was cute, but there was a little bit too much of it. Jared's acting was better than it usually is, but he's not strong enough to carry an episode like this.

There was some definite foreshadowing going on there, what with Hook about to try and pull Excalibur from the stone and Merida's "All you need is one good hand and a sword" line.

A lot of people suspected that Emma physically couldn't tell anyone what happened in Camelot, but she was able to tell Regina that she freed Merlin, so that theory might be out the window.

The less said about Regina moralizing to Emma, the better. I actually enjoyed them working together in Camelot, but their last scene in SB made me roll my eyes.

Merlin is hot. More, please.

There was some really clever acting by JMo in this episode. The more she used magic in Camelot, the deeper/more Dark-One-ish her voice got. The only time it lightened up was when she was talking with Henry.

Edited by Scovies
  • Love 2

What cell phone does Henry have? It has the best battery life of any phone I've ever seen. Maybe he brought one of those solar battery chargers with him.

Did anyone else notice that Henry was referred to as a hero in this episode?

• Love 3

My only explanation is that Emma said what she did about Neal because she was being manipulative. I just can't explain the whitewashing any other way.

At first, that scene made me angry, because Nealfire was a jerk.  When I discovered she engineered Henry's heartbreak, it actually worked out--it demonstrated that she was being manipulative, and cruel, and at the same time it was in a way and about something that allowed her to tell herself that she was making sure Henry had kind thoughts about Neal.  In a way, it was her manipulating herself, as well.

Hey--his [Henry's] mom had a total melt-down because her week-long love-affair didn't work out. Like Mother/Like Son.

Yes.  Like we've said before, nurture definitely won out over nature with that kid.

(Also, while he should totally be angry at Emma, Regina's done some pretty horrific things to him and--at least since some time into season 2--mostly shrugged.  The double-standard bugs, a little.)

Edited by Mari
  • Love 5

Yeah, Merlin was disappointing looking.  I wanted and old man with a long white beard.  And wearing blue robes.  What's this young black dude in fancy duds doing here?

When Charming said "Merlin?" and Merlin responded with "You were expecting someone...."

I just filled in the "whiter" part of it.  I don't think that "older" was the first thing that crossed dumbass' mind. 

I like this Merlin- not only is he easy on the eyes and the ears, but he seems fairly stable, which might be a good addition to the show. 

I'm sick of Henry's storylines, but I think that the actor is doing a fine job with him this season.  And for a change (even though it was fake), it was nice to see someone getting friend-zoned for a change.  Every time prospective couples meet it mostly seems to be ever lasting love or hatred- it was a nice touch of reality to see someone even fake say "sorry, I don't like you that way". 

Please, get rid of Merida.  From what I remember about the movie she was a bit smarter than she's being portrayed, and not quite so fake beautiful.  She looks like she spends 4 hours in makeup every morning, and that wasn't my impression of her. 

• Love 3

Please, get rid of Merida.  From what I remember about the movie she was a bit smarter than she's being portrayed, and not quite so fake beautiful.  She looks like she spends 4 hours in makeup every morning, and that wasn't my impression of her. 

It's the Enchanted Forest air.  Or Enchanted Forest pixies.  It happens while you're sleeping--mascaraed fake eyelashes and airbrushed skin just appear.  She can't help it.

Hmm, Twitter appears not to be broken or exploded after this ep, despite the new writer's predictions.

Well, the episode was kind of dull.  Sorry for the new writer, but it was.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 2
Kimmature, on 25 Oct 2015 - 9:04 PM, said:

When Charming said "Merlin?" and Merlin responded with "You were expecting someone...."

I just filled in the "whiter" part of it.  I don't think that "older" was the first thing that crossed dumbass' mind. 

Oh, good!  It wasn't just me.....that totally didn't sound racist in my mind.

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 2

Henry thinks Harold and Maude is a date movie?

My eyebrows shot up when he said that. I saw Harold and Maude in college, and it is literally the worst movie I have ever seen. What 13 year old would feel comfortable watching that movie with another teen?

Edited by AmeliaBedelia
  • Love 1

I haven't watched the episode yet (WWE PPV on right now.) but Fuckboyfire will never be considered a good person to me show. What he did to Emma is forever unforgivable. Stop trying to make Fetch happen.

• Love 8

Hmm, Twitter appears not to be broken or exploded after this ep, despite the new writer's predictions.

Did it trend at all? I didn't get to watch the episode live, but from the bits I saw from tumblr, it looks like a duller episode.

Am I alone in thinking that next week's episode looks more exciting than this one? Mor'du looks pretty good. Next week must be where they probably spent most of their CGI budget.

I'll be back with my thoughts tomorrow.

My eyebrows shot up when he said that. I saw Harold and Maude in college, and it is literally the worst movie I have ever seen. What 13 year old would feel comfortable watching that movie with another teen?

Well, he was raised mostly by Regina, while she was still acknowledged as evil, in a town that had a repeato-week.

I think some unusual interests and comfort zones are probably to be expected.

Plus, he shares 50% of his genes with Neal.

Those factors together should make us grateful he's not handing Violet lotion and threatening her with the hose.

• Love 5

A promo showed up in the corner of the screen during the show with timing so precise that made it look like Emma’s VW bug was farting fire.  I thought it was a manifestation of Dark One power.

I thought the exact same thing.

• Love 3

Why would the writers think an episode that focuses on little poor Henry getting his heart broken in 2 days time would make the fans go crazy? I can barely stand the kid when he is around let alone a half episode dedicated to his poor feelings. ugh

Also, there was no Captain Swan or any shipping moments.

• Love 3

That was suuuuuuuuuuuuuper boring. The only thing I liked was Charming and Hook being giddy (again) about Henry's crush.

I didn't like seeing Merida be such a b*tch, like when she clocked Gold on his noggin with the hilt of her sword. I guess she can be excused because she doesn't have her heart.

Does anyone else think that Merlin gave Hook a bit of a strange look? I'll have to watch it again.

Why did Emma have Violet's dream catcher in the box on the table? Was she using it to watch Violet's memories of Henry because Emma was missing him?

I so wanted Hook to just pull that sword right out.

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 1
Maybe the writer thought fans would be enraged at Emma? We've seen worst sh*t in this show. lol

What she did to Violet and Henry wasn't awesome, but she's shown regret for it. The whole episode, all we saw was Emma digging herself in deeper and deeper with the dark magic, so if she felt she couldn't hang in there anymore, and that she had no other option...which she probably didn't, then I'm guessing she felt she would be able to make it up to Henry eventually, which is exactly what she tried to do in Storybrooke.

She knew Regina's tears wouldn't work.

Now, I wonder why we were treated to these walks down memory lane with both Daniel and Neal.

• Love 3