Type keyword(s) to search

Audrey Parker

Wheels08

Since this is Haven's last (half)season, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite moments for the main three characters. For nominally being the main character of the show, I came up with surprisingly few Audrey scenes for this list. Rather telling, considering IMO since season 3 Audrey has been nothing more than a plot point. Regardless, I did enjoy her no-nonsense attitude and dry humor in the first season.

- 2.1 "A Tale of Two Audreys" Bonding with Audrey 2 over their shared childhood (only on this show!). I found it especially poignant when they discuss attacking the abusive foster father, and why they wanted to become an FBI agent in the first place. Kathleen Munro really brought something to the role of Audrey 2 - the perfect mix of empathy and toughness - that worked so well. I'd always hoped we'd get to see her again. The two Audreys dynamic did more to flesh out our Audrey than any other relationship she's had since, IMO.

- I can't remember specific episodes, but the small moments early on when Audrey realized she can play the piano, and took the time to hang wind chimes at her apartment were nice bits of character development that helped flesh in who Audrey is at her core, without questions of her past, Haven or the Troubles getting in the way.

- 1.11 "The Trial of Audrey Parker" Audrey's glee at telling Duke via earpiece to act crazy (by stripping down and asking for hugs) to throw off their Troubled abductors - and her utter amusement when he actually did them. This scene had a wonderful lightness and sense of playfulness that's been sorely lacking in recent years.

• Love 3

You know, all of my favorite Audrey parts are in the earlier episodes as well. I remember really enjoying the coffee/doughnut scenes with Nathan in their shared office. I also liked her with the Chief. 

ER's acting really took a nosedive for me after S3. Unlike Tatiana Maslany, I don't think she was able to embody the different characters, Sarah, Lexi, Mara, Audrey...also, whatever spark she had with LB kind of died. 

On rewatch, I really enjoyed how she and Jason Priestley interacted.

• Love 1

I don't think her acting took a nose dive so much as the writing for Audrey took one. Her character was inconsistent, and yeah she couldn't really do a great job with the various Audreys either(I mean, no one can do what Tatiana can do) but I think just the show's weird shift seemed to detach her from the character.

Audrey was the main character and a pretty well defined character and than came season 4 and pretty much what defined her changed, her faked lost her memory, became evil, blah blah, all sorts of things...But mostly she stopped being the hero of the show. Almost 80% of the time now, Audrey is the damsel in distress. 

Obviously, I think the main fault lies with those who took over the show after season 3. They bumped up Dwight, made the brothers more important, and Audrey somehow become the girl they had to save or Nathan's girl.

Could you blame Emily Rose for checking out?  I struggle not to check out each episode.

Edited by XtremeOne1
  • Love 3

Well...yeah I can. ER is getting paid to do a job, whether she likes that job or not. 

I don't get to say, "Oh, I don't like this project so I'm going to phone it in." And if I do, I get ripped for it. Actors aren't immune here.

Sure the writing sucked, but that's no excuse for some of her terrible, laughable choices, and I'm thinking about her scenes with William and Nathan out in some field. That was high school play level bad acting. And yes, she needs to shoulder the blame for it.

I don't get paid to watch, so I can check out any time and there are no career repercussions. Look at how EB is still selling it even though they have him wandering about doing stupid stuff. Even LB, who gets SHIT writing (moan about Audrey, wave gun in random person's face while looking angsty), he sells it and sells it hard.

ER gets no pass from me.

• Love 2