Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Well, we're stuck with the newbies so they're obviously gonna have storylines. As long as it's not taking over everything, I can deal. 

Being Overwatch is important to Felicity so I hope she's still doing that somehow, maybe helping out Diggle and Lyla. The newbies don't deserve it but she'll probably help them out too, as if they weren't a bunch of selfish assholes, because she's a good person. 

If it was just Felicity by herself I assume she would say no to being in protective custody and just do her thing but I'm not sure if she'd do that now that she has William to care for.

Unfortunately, I think Oliver is gonna be stuck on his prison "island" with all the bad guys he put away. I can't guess how long though. I don't think it's going to be wrapped up quickly.

Edited by Guest
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Could she make that choice though?  Oliver outed himself and went to prison so that she and William would be protected (Oliver spoke of protective custody).  I can't see Felicity lightly choosing to disregard the sacrifice he made to keep them safe.

If the newbies, who Oliver also outed himself and went to prison for, are still going out (which looking at JH's instagram, they are) then at some point yes? That's what I meant with something coming into play in 701 (like in every single season premiere) that changes the hiatus status quo. 

16 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Personally I think I would be okay if Dinah/Rene/Curtis/BS were dealing with Diaz in the C-Plot and Felicity/Roy/Diggle were wherever trying to get Oliver out (and setting up their own storylines) in the B-Plot. And they just keep that separation till Oliver gets out in episode x and Diaz is killed off by BS or the real Big Bad.

That's basically how I picture 7a going, especially since it matches the new way the writers were breaking down the episodes in s6. Just add the new characters interacting with the cast when and where they fit.

11 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I'm praying that Dinah doesnt get promoted to Police Chief.  

An unearned job that gets her in the center of things? You can probably count on her getting it. Annoyingly. ??

(edited)

Not sure where to post this.  

https://tvline.com/2018/07/06/psych-movie-sequel-timothy-omundson-lassiter-returns/

From Ask Ausiello 

♦ BLIND ITEM: A major character whose life was left hanging in the balance in the finale of an hour-long drama on one of the five broadcast networks is definitely, 100 percent dead. Oh, and he/she is represented in one of these slides.

One of the pictures he is referring to (see link) I THINK is Colin Donnell.  (I swear he has one of those faces I sometime can't recognize)  So if CD's character on that other show WAS killed, does that mean Tommy might be even more likely to make a return?  

Edited by BkWurm1
2 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Because Oliver said she and William would go into protective custody until Diaz is caught, I think the assumption is that it's more witness protection with new names and a new city than just having protection is Star City. 

For all we know protective custody will translate to a secure location and bodyguards as they stay in Star City.  They'll bend the rules to what they need, lol.  

45 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

It’s the Canary tradition!

Think positively!  We all (hyperbole) thought Laurel would get the DA's job and it remained elusive. So maybe Dinah will only be the assistant Police chief or something? 

• Love 1

Jobs in Arrow are easy to come by in general. Want a bar? Here ya go! Want to be Mayor? Here ya go! Need people to help you run the city? Hire your vigilante friends and your sister! 

I also wonder how long whoever is Mayor will last since Oliver is the only one who can stay alive while in the position.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Not sure where to post this.  

https://tvline.com/2018/07/06/psych-movie-sequel-timothy-omundson-lassiter-returns/

From Ask Ausiello 

One of the pictures he is referring to (see link) I THINK is Colin Donnell.  (I swear he has one of those faces I sometime can't recognize)  So if CD's character on that other show WAS killed, does that mean Tommy might be even more likely to make a return?  

Colin isnt in the slide. And since the actress who plays Crystal on Dynasty announced she wont be back, pretty sure it was her.

(edited)
22 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

That site sucks, but assuming I am look at the correct set of pics I did not see Colin Donnell.  There was one character from Chicago Med - Robert Haywood - and I don't think that is his character's name. 

Spoiler

Also - the guy who was fired from Lethal Weapon is shown, so I would guess it is him (and if it is that is a pretty lame blind item - although I guess it is possible they will let him live off screen)

Edited by Mrs. de Winter
add info

As much as I'd like Felicity and William to stay in Star City just so that Felicity can interact with the others, they've told us that Diaz is so dangerous and now so determined to go after Oliver's loved ones, Star City couldn't possibly be safe for them. But I'm silly for asking for consistency on this show.

2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Didn't Oliver go to jail so that the FBI wouldn't go after everyone else and so that they'd help him take down Diaz? Outing himself and going to prison is the opposite of protecting his family from anyone other then the feds.

We all know that but it seems to be too difficult for MG to grasp.

22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

As much as I'd like Felicity and William to stay in Star City just so that Felicity can interact with the others, they've told us that Diaz is so dangerous and now so determined to go after Oliver's loved ones, Star City couldn't possibly be safe for them. But I'm silly for asking for consistency on this show.

It's not silly if they did that during hiatus and now things are different. Maybe throughout hiatus they've been slowly destroying Diaz's ties to power so that when we come back in 701 literally all that is left is Diaz so they figure they don't need to be out of the city anymore.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Didn't Oliver go to jail so that the FBI wouldn't go after everyone else and so that they'd help him take down Diaz? Outing himself and going to prison is the opposite of protecting his family from anyone other then the feds. 

It was the exact reason why he rejected Jean's jury nullification strategy during the trial. The fact that, two episodes later, they had him do exactly what he said he was trying to avoid was so irritating. It was just like William accepting and understanding why Oliver was the Green Arrow and then forgetting all of that two weeks later because the plot demanded it. 

24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yeah, if what this show is trying to make us believe about Diaz is true, Felicity and William should be living under assumed names in Iowa. But they will probably be living in their same cleaned-up Star City apartment with armed guards in the hallway.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Yeah, if what this show is trying to make us believe about Diaz is true, Felicity and William should be living under assumed names in Iowa.

I hope William's better at new identities this time around.

• Love 9

The cliffhanger for CD's character on Chicago Med was whether he was going to take a job at the Mayo Clinic and leave Chicago.  I doubt that he will since he's a major draw for the show.

Our best chance to get Tommy back in Chicago Med's shorter season.  Last season they put another show on for the first part of the season and Med didn't come back till almost Christmas I think.

(edited)

William would be the only thing keeping Felicity from Star City, I'd imagine. Because Diaz is an ineffective joke of a villain and I can't imagine after six years that's what finally scares her back home.

Edited by Delphi
Spelling
(edited)

Upon reflection, I can understand why they kept Black Siren on for another season. They're not going to get rid of Black Canary (JH's Dinah), so what story can they devise for her from a character development standpoint? Dinah is pretty much a completed Black Canary once she recovers from Vince's death. But with Black Siren, Dinah will have to deal with the woman who killed the man she loved. I expect we'll see their relationship change from enemies to allies to frenemies to maybe friends by the end of the season. 

Also, in order to help fill up 22 episodes, doing a bad guy redemption arc is one of the easiest stories to write, because it's been done so much already. We know MG loves Joss Whedon, so I can see an Illyira (Angel) type of character evolution for Black Siren where she has to deal with new feelings of humanity - "What is this feeling? Is it remorse? I don't like it."

A funny thing occurred to me - there's one way in which Black Siren can continue the Laurel tradition. Feeling remorseful about killing Vince, Black Siren chooses to honor Vince's legacy by stealing wearing his suit and calling herself Black Vigilante. After all, if she's going to go around at night vigilante-ing, she needs a mask and new outfit because she's too easily identifiable as both Laurel Lance and Black Siren. Of course, if it turns out Vince is not really dead (but just regenerating), then he could decide that he has a new mission in life, changes his moniker to White Vigilante, and leaves town to join the Waverider.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Upon reflection, I can understand why they kept Black Siren on for another season. They're not going to get rid of Black Canary (JH's Dinah), so what story can they devise for her from a character development standpoint? Dinah is pretty much a completed Black Canary once she recovers from Vince's death. But with Black Siren, Dinah will have to deal with the woman who killed the man she loved. I expect we'll see their relationship change from enemies to allies to frenemies to maybe friends by the end of the season. 

Also, in order to help fill up 22 episodes, doing a bad guy redemption arc is one of the easiest stories to write, because it's been done so much already. We know MG loves Joss Whedon, so I can see an Illyira (Angel) type of character evolution for Black Siren where she has to deal with new feelings of humanity - "What is this feeling? Is it remorse? I don't like it."

A funny thing occurred to me - there's one way in which Black Siren can continue the Laurel tradition. Feeling remorseful about killing Vince, Black Siren chooses to honor Vince's legacy by stealing wearing his suit and calling herself Black Vigilante. After all, if she's going to go around at night vigilante-ing, she needs a mask and new outfit because she's too easily identifiable as both Laurel Lance and Black Siren. Of course, if it turns out Vince is not really dead (but just regenerating), then he could decide that he has a new mission in life, changes his moniker to White Vigilante, and leaves town to join the Waverider.

Well, if this is what the writers have planned, season 7 will be another failure. Not only are those storylines nonsensical, they are repetitive to boot. 

1 minute ago, way2interested said:

Lol and if they don't do it will it be the best season of the whole show?

Nope, but it would be an improvement compared to the dumpster fire that was season 6. 

22 hours ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

That site sucks, but assuming I am look at the correct set of pics I did not see Colin Donnell.  There was one character from Chicago Med - Robert Haywood - and I don't think that is his character's name.

You know.  My link only showed me the pics at the top of the page so I assumed those were what he was calling "slides"  And there was one guy that looked like CD to me.  (I do not see the Dynasty person or the guy from Lethel Weapon at all, lol)  But yeah, if his cliff hanger wasn't "is he dead?"  then it's all moot, lol.  Oops!

From CHaynes & JRBourne panel at Howl at the Moon 2 convention in Paris today (Sunday)...

English translation: "Colton says that tomorrow he returns to Vancouver for the shooting of Arrow! # HATM2"

English translation: "Colton is super excited to return to Arrow! This new season will be more fun than the others, we return to the roots of the beginning of the series, that's why he must also keep his beard he would like to shave a lot ? # HATM2"

Colton has to keep his beard for the show?  Is the season going to open with Oliver, Roy and Diggle with matching beards?  and Rene and Curtis shave theirs off as a rejection of OTA?

• Love 1

The only thing I can think of is getting back to helping the citizens directly. More VOTW and helping the little guy and less filler Big Bad episodes. That would fit in with Oliver having to earn the City back.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

"Back to its roots" is the new "Back to basics." I wonder what that even means.

Generic useless talking point. S5 wasn't BTB unless you could Oliver sometimes relearning everything he supposedly learned in S1 forgetting that 2-4 existed just to be lazy and allow them to repeat themselves. Also the actual show immediately recruited 500 new masks because "things weren't the same", And the fight scenes certainly went down hill. 

If S6 marketing had a point beyond half assedly pretending everyone was dead so they could only promote 5 characters it was news to me (apart from rumours like the wedding etc). 

• Love 6

I might be misremembering but wasn’t S6 promoted as being a “lighter” season and then we got a nonsensical team war and Oliver ending up in prison? It makes me wonder how miserable this season might be if they’re promoting it as “fun”.  ?

And I don’t know how they “return to the roots of the series” while they have an enormous team of masks, one of whom as a meta-power, because early seasons of the show didn’t have super powers as a part of the show’s DNA.  I hope it just means a return to being more grounded and less mystical/fantastical (looking at you magical super villain!).

I remain cautiously optimistic for the season, even though Marc still being in the writer’s room makes me nervous. 

18 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

And I don’t know how they “return to the roots of the series” while they have an enormous team of masks, one of whom as a meta-power,

The question is What do they see as "the roots of the series"? 

Some people (MG?) see it as the comic book characters and putting them on screen (AK's remark about Laurel not being in fishnets yet?).

For me, it was Oliver as a man with no special superpower but driven first to right his father's wrongs and then to make his city a better place for those who live there. He was a man like the rest of us, and helped by friends who also had no special powers other than their brains and their determination (Diggle, Felicity, Roy, Sara), who worked hard to defeat the enemy, even those with incredible powers like mirakuru.

I think the show went off the rails when Laurel became the Black Canary with a handful of boxing lessons and three episodes of learning.  Diggle was military and worked with guns and self defense for years; Sara spent five years in the LoA learning to fight and determined to protect the innocent, and Roy spent half a season learning skills on top of being a street fighter and even then he was limited in terms of what he could do on the team.

It was turning Laurel into an insta-canary for the sake of plot that started them on the "plot over characterization" train and from then on, it's been short cuts all the way (including Curtis and his amazing T-balls).

For me, "returning to the roots of the series" would mean no more short cuts, no more plot over characterization, no more magical abilities on Team Arrow, just a group of strong people trying to make their city into a better place. I'm okay with the villains having amazing powers but not Team Arrow.

• Love 11

For me "back to its roots/back to basics" means VOTW, more OTA focus and just a smaller team in general. No meta crap. No newbies. Good fights/stunts. And maybe seeing more of the people of the city. 

I doubt this is what they're gonna do. 

(edited)

Cody Says He's Taking Some Time Away From Wrestling; May Not Compete Again Until ALL IN This September
RorMachine | 7/8/2018
https://theringreport.com/indy_wrestling/cody-says-hes-taking-some-time-away-from-wrestling-may-not-compete-again-until-all-in-this-september-a4360

The former ROH Champion sent out the following Tweet, announcing that he's taking some time off to heal and "explore a very fun project." 
What this project is remains a mystery, but there is peculation [sic] that it may be a return to The CW's Arrow.

In any case, the next time we see Cody will most likely be the All In event, which is set to take place on September 1st in Chicago.

Here's Cody's tweet: https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1016045338333835265

FYI: Stephen Amell and Josh Segarra are both scheduled to participate in the All In event.

Edited by tv echo
52 minutes ago, Soulfire said:
... there isn't 31 days in June, but okay.

That visitor can''t be for Oliver. The pass was issued in February and Oliver wasn't in prison yet. Visitor passes are issued on the day of the visit, whether you're visiting a prison or a multinational conglomerate. Also, I'm ROFL about June "31"

(edited)

The dates don’t work at all but I think it’s entirely possible no one bothered to do research and it’s a vistor badge for Oliver.

If so, I think the vistor could be Roy. I think CH is supposed to start Arrow today. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1
(edited)

Small details like that especially on barely visible on screen things (ex: newspaper articles, phone numbers on things, etc.) are normally just fake and thrown in so the dates don't actually matter, but I second thinking it's probably Roy visiting Oliver.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Small details like that especially on barely visible on screen things (ex: newspaper articles, phone numbers on things, etc.) are normally just fake and thrown in so the dates don't actually matter, but I second thinking it's probably Roy visiting Oliver.

Quite true. But then, maybe don't use them on social media where you know fans would glomp onto every single detail. 

• Love 1
(edited)
53 minutes ago, way2interested said:

If the date the badge was acquired was in May i highly doubt this means Roy is the one visiting. And i wonder how that would work? I honestly thought they would arrange for his wife and son to have visitations ... but a presumably dead Roy Harper wasnt on the list for me.

Edited by Velocity23
4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

If the date the badge was acquired was in May i highly doubt this means Roy is the one visiting. And i wonder how that would work? I honestly thought they would arrange for his wife and son to have visitations ... but a presumably dead Roy Harper wasnt on the list for me.

I just honestly think the date on it is irrelevant (as given since there is no June 31st and Oliver didn't go to jail until near the end of May) and just made up numbers and that it was a visitor's pass the only important information to come from that (especially since MG specifically was just tweeting about someone visiting Oliver). From there it likely wouldn't be Felicity since she's in protection, might not be Diggle since he's busy with ARGUS and helping to catch Diaz, or the newbies for a similar reason. CH being on set the same day as SA (if he is, I think it was said he started back on Monday as well, if not, my bad) is back makes me just think they might have a scene together and that MG tweeting out a prop might mean it's a prop being used that day. Roy kind of makes sense to me just in the case that it was revealed he was still alive during the court proceedings and the fact that he wasn't tied to the city as much as the others and needs an introduction scene.

It could still totally be Felicity, or even trolling and it's actually for an extra while Oliver waits all alone with no one to visit him for all we know.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

I just honestly think the date on it is irrelevant (as given since there is no June 31st and Oliver didn't go to jail until near the end of May) and just made up numbers and that it was a visitor's pass the only important information to come from that (especially since MG specifically was just tweeting about someone visiting Oliver). From there it likely wouldn't be Felicity since she's in protection, might not be Diggle since he's busy with ARGUS and helping to catch Diaz, or the newbies for a similar reason. CH being on set the same day as SA (if he is, I think it was said he started back on Monday as well, if not, my bad) is back makes me just think they might have a scene together and that MG tweeting out a prop might mean it's a prop being used that day. Roy kind of makes sense to me just in the case that it was revealed he was still alive during the court proceedings and the fact that he wasn't tied to the city as much as the others and needs an introduction scene.

It could still totally be Felicity, or even trolling and it's actually for an extra while Oliver waits all alone with no one to visit him for all we know.

I dont think CH is on set yet. He flew out from Paris this morning local time. In the meantime our favorite reporter Bethany Snow is definetely in the premiere. I just think the visitors for Oliver will be facilitated by Agent Watson. 

I dont know why everybody is convinced that Felicity is gonna be sidelined and in protective custody for several episode. And that is automatically means more screentime for Dinah and her clowns. 

Edited by Velocity23
13 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I dont think CH is on set yet. He flew out from Paris this morning local time. In the meantime our favorite reporter Bethany Snow is definetely in the premiere. I just think the visitors for Oliver will be facilitated by Agent Watson. 

Ah, then, yeah, it's probably Felicity unless the prop is for another scene or something.

13 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I dont know why everybody is convinced that Felicity is gonna be sidelined and in protective custody for several episode. And that is automatically means more screentime for Dinah and her clowns. 

Yeah, me neither, tbh. I'm still going with she's coming back to town in 701.