Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

See? All this spoiler talk is why I can't go to PaleyFest. SA would still be selling the party line about how he and Reporter are all in and soulmates or whatever, and I would have to throw something at the stage and then I would get arrested. I don't want to go to jail, ya'll. 

I had to listen to EBR talk about how Raylicity was actually a good thing, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I had to listen to EBR talk about how Raylicity was actually a good thing, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And wasn't that panel like a day after they filmed the Olicity sex scene too. And yet that panel was all Felicity is better with out Olicer right now Raylicity is awesome!

Thats why interview spin is bullshit to buy into. They always sell doom and gloom. They want people to get in a tizzy thinking Olicity is over to get people talking and worked up. Apathy is what the writers fear most not anger/bitterness/obsession. 

Im sure we are going to get the Oliver/Susan version of Raylicity spin or Tina/Oliver Raylicity spin if that is s thing but hopefully history will repeat and it will be while they are actually planning long ass Olicity sex scenes haha.

• Love 5
(edited)
26 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Im sure we are going to get the Oliver/Susan version of Raylicity spin or Tina/Oliver Raylicity spin if that is s thing but hopefully history will repeat and it will be while they are actually planning long ass Olicity sex scenes haha.

The only way you'll get anything Oliver/Susan is if it somehow lasts beyond 515. Given the title I'm skeptical. Paleyfest is 1.5 weeks after the end of Feb Sweeps.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Also consider the fact that the panel is for all four shows - there's only so much time they'll have for each show, and they might be trying to sell "masks, masks, masks" the entire time, so it could depend on what's been shown on-screen by then and how much time is devoted to audience Qs. 

• Love 2

"Thinks he is the love of her life. Tommy who?"

3 hours ago, MaisyDaisy said:

I wouldn't mind if Susan was the reason that Oliver was kept out of the loop about Felicity's secret. Like if she starts to ring alarm bells with shady behavior.

I need this to happen, that Diggle, Thea and Lance all know but they agree to keep Oliver in the dark because he is so stupid around leggy brunettes.  They all can see that Susan is not to be trusted while he just goes and trusts her.

• Love 6

In regards to the secret of Felicity's. Why couldn't Felicity have had a baby by Cooper?  She never told Cooper since he was dead and she gave it up for adoption so that the child could have a 2 parent household? She selected the parents and something happened and they asked her to come and pick up the kid per an agreement they had if the couple ever broke up.  Whatever. We don't know what happened with her between Cooper's supposed suicide and her being employed by QC. 

Edited by BunsenBurner
I wanted to add something then changed my mind.

I think that KC's personal headcanons played a large part in what at times felt very awkward to me. I remember in season 3 and at times in early season 4 , when Lauriver was really dead and buried, I was confused by her choice of almost heart eyes towards Oliver at times, like she was very much playing to their 'connection', but it fell even flatter then season 1, because SA knows the shows direction and gave absolutely nothing in return.

i always just put it down to the fact that KC only read the parts of the script that had her lines, and was always buying into comic fan feedback about how great Lauriver was. It felt like she was trying to make fetch happen.

That's why she made that weird 'everybody loves the Laurel, Oliver and Felicity love triangle- which was confusing because Lauriver was a non entity. That whole 'Oliver and Laurel are soul mates' and 'Oliver is the love if laurels life' belief influenced her acting choices, in a way that just wast supported by what we were seeing on the show.

• Love 14

Bahahaha he's wincing! Omg that's too funny. I thought the pic might have been messed with by an over zealous Olicity fan.

Random thought: Some one posted a pic in Clocktower where they manipulated Felicity into BC.

I'm wondering if their 4th incarnation of BC doesn't work whether there would be a directive from DC to turn FS into BC. That would be all kinds of awful. 

Perhaps they'll run with Tina no matter what. Would DC care if their BC fails or do they just want a BC?

• Love 1

I wonder if the face cupping is a choice to combat poor chemistry? If the wanted to convey a connection between them (Oliver thinking it's Laurel), but unlike EBR who has chemistry with a desk between them, they need to show the connection literally physically because the chemistry doesn't function.

I would rather Felicity move away off the show than have her become BC.

• Love 2

You guys,  you're not giving him enough credit.  It's Oliver so affected that he gets to have Laurel back in his life again!  One regret off his list.

Edited by statsgirl
edited because 'egret' is not the same as 'regret'. Strangely it's more like 'albatrosss'.
  • Love 7

I would really hope it would tell them something if the next BC fails.

6 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Long live Stephen's nOTP face

tumblr_ojnileUDkf1r2t96oo1_250.gif

This is still one of my favorite things. Wasn't this interview from post 309 too? After Oliver had said "I love you" to Felicity? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

How do they determine if a character fails?

Has Wild Dog failed yet?

Personally I think so but I don't get that impression from the show runners yet.  Really, it's too soon to tell.  And even then, they may still not admit it.  

Just now, BkWurm1 said:

Personally I think so but I don't get that impression from the show runners yet.  Really, it's too soon to tell.  And even then, they may still not admit it.  

I guess what I'm asking is if they will mysteriously write him off next season and that would equal a fail (they'd never admit to anything).

I was never around for any of the press on Laurel. Was she just very hated (off this board, hehe it's obvious you guys don't like her much) or did no one care about her? I guess I want to know how they determined that Laurel (or any character) was a fail besides SA's stank face whenever he sees Laurel. 

I have a few acquaintances who watch Arrow who randomly declare that they hate Laurel when we talk about Arrow. I assume this sentiment translated across the general viewing audience?  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I guess what I'm asking is if they will mysteriously write him off next season and that would equal a fail (they'd never admit to anything).

I was never around for any of the press on Laurel. Was she just very hated (off this board, hehe it's obvious you guys don't like her much) or did no one care about her? I guess I want to know how they determined that Laurel (or any character) was a fail besides SA's stank face whenever he sees Laurel. 

I have a few acquaintances who watch Arrow who randomly declare that they hate Laurel when we talk about Arrow. I assume this sentiment translated across the general viewing audience?  

She hardly ever trends. Dude bros only started liking her because of the mask. Which I never got because Sara was clearly better than her. It really only has to do with the name for LL.

I don't think she got that many good reviews either. John Campea was really outspoken for his dislike of LL character. He was right about her arc and how bad they/she portrayed it.

She hardly wins polls (important ones or however you want to classify them.)

She did win that one award but I don't know why exactly. Her drug arc was laughable in a sense we saw her pop pills twice and have like two drinks. It just didn't make sense to me.

Edited by EmilyBettFan
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'd say that would be a yes.  Fingers crossed!

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

How about number 20 in worst couples ever http://www.eonline.com/photos/15160/tv-s-worst-couples-ever/461402

or this one : http://www.tv.com/topics/general-tv-discussion/community/post/worst-pairings-1407797929/

These aren't blogs, they're mainstream sites.

I never took to LL,  I thought she was pathetic. Mooning over a guy who slept with everyone in sight including her sister - that's not love that's being a doormat - by episode 2 I thought she was a gold digger, there's no other way she'd put up with that. Sorry, a real badass would have dumped him years ago and never looked back.

As for casual viewers, I know quite a few and none of them liked her and everyone was glad she was killed off. One almost rage quit after seeing the end of 5x09 - doesn't want her back. Had to reassure them it was just temporary.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, sadfangirl said:

Mooning over a guy who slept with everyone in sight including her sister - that's not love that's being a doormat - by episode 2 I thought she was a gold digger, there's no other way she'd put up with that. Sorry, a real badass would have dumped him years ago and never looked back.

I'm moving my response in LL character thread.

55 minutes ago, sadfangirl said:

How about number 20 in worst couples ever http://www.eonline.com/photos/15160/tv-s-worst-couples-ever/461402

or this one : http://www.tv.com/topics/general-tv-discussion/community/post/worst-pairings-1407797929/

These aren't blogs, they're mainstream sites.

I never took to LL,  I thought she was pathetic. Mooning over a guy who slept with everyone in sight including her sister - that's not love that's being a doormat - by episode 2 I thought she was a gold digger, there's no other way she'd put up with that. Sorry, a real badass would have dumped him years ago and never looked back.

As for casual viewers, I know quite a few and none of them liked her and everyone was glad she was killed off. One almost rage quit after seeing the end of 5x09 - doesn't want her back. Had to reassure them it was just temporary.

She won bad polls lol

6 hours ago, EmilyBettFan said:

She hardly ever trends. Dude bros only started liking her because of the mask. Which I never got because Sara was clearly better than her. It really only has to do with the name for LL.

I don't think she got that many good reviews either. John Campea was really outspoken for his dislike of LL character. He was right about her arc and how bad they/she portrayed it.

She did win that one award but I don't know why exactly. Her drug arc was laughable in a sense we saw her pop pills twice and have like two drinks. It just didn't make sense to me.

I don't think that really matters to them. Thea and Diggle are barely spoken about. Laurel gets way more traction then they do. Plenty of people on twitter may have been vocal about their dislike in Laurel but talk is talk. Obviously they liked Laurel if they started talking about since she got better as acharacter, her name didnt have anything to do with it. If it did then they wouldve liked her from the word GO.

5 hours ago, sadfangirl said:

I know quite a few casual viewers as well and they liked Laurel. 

She became bearable. When she was hated on they at least gave her some buzz. But with s3 she was just there. That is the worst thing you can become.  Also her screentime got less. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 3
Just now, Velocity23 said:

She became bearable. When she was hated on they at least gave her some buzz. But with s3 she was just there. That is the worst thing you can become.  Also her screentime got less. 

Thea is just there for a lot of people. 

But she is the sister of the main character. And the EPs were very vocal that they don't want Oliver to lose his sister.  LL was just another mask and her character got left behind. Thea always was more than just Speedy, her role as Oliver's sister trumps that always. 

• Love 3
Just now, Velocity23 said:

But she is the sister of the main character. And the EPs were very vocal that they don't want Oliver to lose his sister.  LL was just another mask and her character got left behind. Thea always was more than just Speedy, her role as Oliver's sister trumps that always. 

Her being related to Oliver is the only thing that saved her. That isn't exactly spectacular either.

The writers choose not to give the characters anything of importance to the show,the characters dont make it happen themselves. If they want Laurel or Thea to have more importance to the overall series they would but they are lazy and very simplistic. 

I am sure that they knew by upfronts. They changed their stories one to many times for me to not think that. But in the end, Laurel Lance wasnt a total failure. She won plenty of people over, Katie still gets plenty of people in line for cons, and the character is still talked about. She wasn't forgotten and dropped by everyone like MG probably thought she would be. 

Honestly If Laurel worked on the show she would still be on the show since they basically created the exact same character with a different name. 

If you look at the outrage about Lexa or Aby Mills or Mcdreamy McSteamy or Lexi on Greys it was far more out reaching then reaction to Laurels death in terms of traction or debate. Most of the media went with the spin and didn't kick up a fuss and social media didn't reach the same level of melt down outside her core passionate fanbase. 

She definitely had a core passionate fanbase just like other characters have but there is less evidence that she had general mainstream likability that Oliver Diggle and Felicity have. I argue Roy had it also.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Honestly If Laurel worked on the show she would still be on the show since they basically created the exact same character with a different name. 

If you look at the outrage about Lexa or Aby Mills or Mcdreamy McSteamy or Lexi on Greys it was far more out reaching then reaction to Laurels death in terms of traction or debate. Most of the media went with the spin and didn't kick up a fuss and social media didn't reach the same level of melt down outside her core passionate fanbase. 

She definitely had a core passionate fanbase just like other characters have but there is less evidence that she had general mainstream likability that Oliver Diggle and Felicity have. I argue Roy had it also.

Social Media outrage was plentt for Laurel. It got plenty of good traction but killing off a black leading female and queer character would've beat a lot of people but Laurel was still and is talked about more so then Lexa.