Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Ha ha ha ha ha haha!

Did he see her at any time in 415? They can set him up as having fallen instantly in love as a crayon-eating 9-year-old dummy who then pined for her until he found someone smarter to help him time-travel.

This is a joke; I am joking.

• Love 3
Just now, AyChihuahua said:

Did he see her at any time in 415? They can set him up as having fallen instantly in love as a crayon-eating 9-year-old dummy who then pined for her until he found someone smarter to help him time-travel.

Nope. 415 had Felicity as far away from William and any conversations about him as possible. 

• Love 2

Fandom: It COULD be much worse....

Arrow writers: Challenge accepted! 

:D

Edited by Lidach
..cuz there is more than just one writer in writers room, and we don't know who has the worst ideas ever.
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Nope. 415 had Felicity as far away from William and any conversations about him as possible. 

Maybe he can fall in love with her picture. Like Somewhere in Time, which taught us that time travel merely requires love, a vintage outfit, and a can-do spirit.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Imagine Felicity cleaning all the Crayolas out of Billy's desk at SCPD. Weeping as she takes down all the pictures he drew of the two of them together.  

That's not right.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

My fear is that they're going to turn this into another way to stall a reunion by having Oliver think that Felicity won't want to get back together at all ever because he killed her BF, while Felicity doesn't blame him and instead just sees him with Susan (especially if she's around until 515) and thinks he has really moved on while she realizes that she didn't and couldn't. I don't want this to happen, but my faith in the writers is slim to none right now.

At this point, I figure they're going to stall every which way they can.  The only question is how much I'm going to hate it. Felicity thinking she can't be with him because he's with Susan is a level 2 hate. Oliver sleeping with Susan and feeling bad for Felicity from afar is a level 9 hate.  Oliver sleeping with Susan and thereby ignoring Felicity's pain is a level 59 ballistic.  I saw that in season 2 with Sara and hated it enough back then, and I liked Sara.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Oliver sleeping with Susan and thereby ignoring Felicity's pain is a level 59 ballistic. 

I fear this is what we're going to see. Think about it - he's going to have to spend enough time with Susan that she's not suspicious of where he is or he's risking her looking into what he's doing and finding out he's GA.

So I won't be surprised if we again (like in 507) see Oliver say something like, "Oh, I'm meeting Susan for drinks/dinner/etc" while the rest of the team is in the lair working on something Prometheus or villain of the week related. Especially since CP is only slated for what, 2 more episodes (if 15 is to be believed). They're going to have to have most of that "relationship" off-screen and in order for viewers to know he's still dating her, he's going to have to bring it up in conversation. Maybe he can even be shown on the phone with her in the lair while Felicity's working on her computers in the background. I wouldn't put anything past the writers. 

I will say he doesn't HAVE to keep dating the reporter. She could leave in 12 and return in 15 for any one of a million reasons. Or they could date offscreen in 13 and 14. I have NO IDEA which they'll do, just saying they could still split in 12.

However, all of this is just piling on to me feeling (this is just me, I do not expect agreement) that Oliver doesn't and maybe never did really love Felicity, which is one of the very few things about this show that still has the power to bum me out.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Maybe he can fall in love with her picture. Like Somewhere in Time, which taught us that time travel merely requires love, a vintage outfit, and a can-do spirit.

But not pennies! Leave all coinage behind!

I fear this is what we're going to see. Think about it - he's going to have to spend enough time with Susan that she's not suspicious of where he is or he's risking her looking into what he's doing and finding out he's GA.

So I won't be surprised if we again (like in 507) see Oliver say something like, "Oh, I'm meeting Susan for drinks/dinner/etc" while the rest of the team is in the lair working on something Prometheus or villain of the week related. Especially since CP is only slated for what, 2 more episodes (if 15 is to be believed). They're going to have to have most of that "relationship" off-screen and in order for viewers to know he's still dating her, he's going to have to bring it up in conversation. Maybe he can even be shown on the phone with her in the lair while Felicity's working on her computers in the background. I wouldn't put anything past the writers. 

And since they don't want viewers to think badly of Oliver for being in a relationship while Felicity is dealing with the death of her BF, they'll have her tell Oliver how his being with Susan makes her feel so happy and hopeful.

• Love 4

We're either going to get Oliver so wrapped up in Susan/Mayor stuff/Green Arrow stuff that he just doesn't notice anything is wrong, or we're going to get Felicity putting up a front while secretly exacting her revenge, letting everyone think she's okay. 

I think either option is a possibility considering TPTB don't ever consider how anything looks, but at the moment I'm leaning toward Felicity hiding the fact that she's feeling anything at all (possibly brushing off any concern about her until it's time to deal with that plot) because of what MG said about how dark this "darkness" is gonna get and how they don't want to lose the character or whatever. So I think she's going to exact this plan with a cheery disposition.

• Love 5

But didn't SA say that the team would be keeping the secret from Oliver? That argues that they're aware of something.

If they have Felicity tell Oliver how his being with Susan makes her feel so happy and hopeful, that would certainly kill my respect for Felicity. I'd rather she have Billy's baby.

8 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I will say he doesn't HAVE to keep dating the reporter. She could leave in 12 and return in 15 for any one of a million reasons. Or they could date offscreen in 13 and 14. I have NO IDEA which they'll do, just saying they could still split in 12.

However, all of this is just piling on to me feeling (this is just me, I do not expect agreement) that Oliver doesn't and maybe never did really love Felicity, which is one of the very few things about this show that still has the power to bum me out.

He has to sleep with her though because he's "all in" and they have feelings for each other. How will we know that unless we see it?  I'm braced for a bedroom scene in her next episode.

16 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

"I won't be helping Team Arrow work tonight, all night, I'm meeting Susan for dinner -- see you tomorrow!"

On the other hand, if Oliver fails to notice Felicity's pain again, after having loved her lived with her for almost a year this time, I'll be rooting for Felicity and her dark secret to take him down hard.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

We're either going to get Oliver so wrapped up in Susan/Mayor stuff/Green Arrow stuff that he just doesn't notice anything is wrong, or we're going to get Felicity putting up a front while secretly exacting her revenge, letting everyone think she's okay. 

I think either option is a possibility considering TPTB don't ever consider how anything looks, but at the moment I'm leaning toward Felicity hiding the fact that she's feeling anything at all (possibly brushing off any concern about her until it's time to deal with that plot) because of what MG said about how dark this "darkness" is gonna get and how they don't want to lose the character or whatever. So I think she's going to exact this plan with a cheery disposition.

Even if she does, remember it was last season that Oliver told her she didn't have to be funny for him. So even if she's putting up a front, he should notice. Or did the break-up make him forget everything he knows about her? (The show is certainly acting like the break-up erased everything we saw about their relationship, so who knows?) 

• Love 7
Just now, statsgirl said:

He has to sleep with her though because he's "all in" and they have feelings for each other. How will we know that unless we see it?  I'm braced for a bedroom scene in her next episode.

I think the actress isn't in 10 or 11, but I'm not positive. I'm expecting a more or less full sex scene in 12. But I was really just talking about her appearing in 12 and then seemingly not in 13 or 14, but then in 15. They could absolutely continue their relationship offscreen, but it's also possible that she leaves and returns.

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But didn't SA say that the team would be keeping the secret from Oliver? That argues that they're aware of something.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that they've all noticed something's wrong with her emotionally that Oliver is ignoring. They could see her doing something or talking to someone when Oliver isn't around and just don't want to rat her out to him.  

Even if she does, remember it was last season that Oliver told her she didn't have to be funny for him. So even if she's putting up a front, he should notice. Or did the break-up make him forget everything he knows about her? (The show is certainly acting like the break-up erased everything we saw about their relationship, so who knows?) 

But they were together then when he would've felt well within his right to push her when she deflected, and Felicity herself has said since then that they don't talk much anymore. So who knows?

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

With Billy, at least Felicity had someone, but now with him dead, who will be in her corner? All regulars seems busy right now. Maybe finally some scenes with Rory? I just want for Felicity to talk with someone, for us as viewer to hear her POV.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Both. They're probably gonna do both. Most of the time Felicity will be putting up a front and also Oliver won't notice anyway because Susan and "genuine feelings" and finding BC and Mayor stuff. It'll be like 214 but worse because there won't be any cute "You'll always be my girl, Felicity" at the end of it. Haha.

I'm actually okay with Felicity remaining very Felicity through it all. I never wanted her to go truly dark/evil or anything. But I do hope they show at some point that she is putting on a front and hiding her trauma because otherwise, what's the point of it all?

• Love 4

My guess is that Felicity isn't going to be very dark in 510 other than investigating Laurel, and if she gets kidnapped at the end, that will up her need to go dark.  511, while the boys are on their road trip, is going to start the darkness.  Will she be going to Russia too in 512?  I guess Susan's duplicity won't be revealed yet if she's still around for 515.  I just don't want Oliver to double down on "poor Susan, I must protect her". Blech.

I'd rather the rest of the team found out about whatever Felicity is doing and were all "You go, girl" because Oliver is being such an idiot about Susan than Felicity hiding it from everyone.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

If she was a problem for the cast, I don't think 99% of them would hang with her outside of work. I surely don't waste my time on those kind of people at work let alone in my personal life. Her con behavior could carry over to the show, do I think it was big enough though to get her fired? No.

Emily hung out with her a lot in season 4 and the summer before it and I found that extra suspicious because it was the same year that LL got killed off. As much as Emily pretended to be shocked about LL's death, I am pretty sure she knew. I think Emily and Colton were friendly with KC but I don't think they're besties. All their trips were PR stunts IMO. Also Emily has gone to Hawaii for Thanksgiving the year prior with her friends and the following two years it just so happened to coincide Katies birthday and Katie is always in Hawaii so I didn't read much in to it. Caity and Katie weren't that close either until last year and before we knew it Caity was living in KC's apartment. I think roomies is a loose term, since Caity lives there and Katie is hardly ever in Vancouver anymore.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

My guess is that Felicity isn't going to be very dark in 510 other than investigating Laurel, and if she gets kidnapped at the end, that will up her need to go dark.  511, while the boys are on their road trip, is going to start the darkness.  Will she be going to Russia too in 512?  I guess Susan's duplicity won't be revealed yet if she's still around for 515.  I just don't want Oliver to double down on "poor Susan, I must protect her". Blech.

I'd rather the rest of the team found out about whatever Felicity is doing and were all "You go, girl" because Oliver is being such an idiot about Susan than Felicity hiding it from everyone.

Maybe that's why Thea's not going to Russia? Because she refuses to help her brother with a mess that he wouldn't be in if he had listened to her about Susan? I really don't want to see Oliver going to the team and saying, "So, I need your help protecting my girlfriend" and everyone just agreeing. I'd much rather Oliver break up with Susan, go to the team with his tail between his legs and go, "I'm an idiot. Please help me so it doesn't get out that I was in Russia when I shouldn't have been and about the Bratva?" And then Susan shows up in 515 for some other reason. 

I do want to see the others on Felicity's side when it comes to whatever she's doing. I'd love to see Diggle, Thea, Lance and Rory know before he does and not see a problem with her not telling Oliver. 

• Love 8

I think Felicity's darkness is just her doing morally questionable things or using methods she otherwise wouldn't. I also think if Oliver isnt aware of Susan because he is dumb that Felicity will figure it out first and that's the secret she keeps from him and maybe she tells the team first before telling him which would be a bit iffy on her part, but she might do it "to protect him" in a way.

I do believe Felicity goes to Russia as well since she's in that group picture. The question is, what the hell is going on in Russia or why do they all go to Russia together.

• Love 4

Pretty sure they all go to Russia, including Tina. Tina is the question mark for me. It's one thing to recruit her, its another to bring her to Russia. That is a hell of a lot of trust after Evelyn and BS.

I'm really hoping she is connected to someone on the Team.

20 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Pretty sure they all go to Russia, including Tina. Tina is the question mark for me. It's one thing to recruit her, its another to bring her to Russia. That is a hell of a lot of trust after Evelyn and BS.

I'm really hoping she is connected to someone on the Team.

It's why I'm all for Tina and Rene having a past. It's the only explanation I can think of that would make sense with what's coming up and what we've gotten - talk about Rene's past/ex, Rene flashbacks, etc. 

I also hope there's a time jump between 511 and 512, otherwise, what, after a week or two at the most, the team decides, "Yep, we can trust Tina with all of this" and Tina's all, "Yep, flying off to Russia with these people I just met. Great idea!" 

ETA: Also consider this: Tina will have just moved to Star City. She has to find a place to live and move her stuff in. That kind of stuff takes priority over helping a group of people she just met in another country.

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

ETA: Also consider this: Tina will have just moved to Star City. She has to find a place to live and move her stuff in. That kind of stuff takes priority over helping a group of people she just met in another country.

I really, really, really, really don't think they'll address that. They've never even addressed, in-show, how most of these people have any money to live on.

• Love 5
Just now, AyChihuahua said:

I really, really, really, really don't think they'll address that. They've never even addressed, in-show, how most of these people have any money to live on.

Oh, I agree. But it's still ridiculous for someone to jet off to another country with people they just met after just moving to a new city. 

• Love 1

Could be. As of today. She is in Dallas. I guess her appearance on LOT might be actually connected with Barrowman/Merlyn since he is scheduled to film Arrow/LOT on February 1st.  And that might be around episode 15/16. 

2 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

Oh I agree with you. I will go so far as to say I am starting to feel that he really loves her no more than he loved Laurel. Sure there's no cheating but he probably just isn't that special to him. Just another girl in the long line of chick's he's banged. 

Bums me out too but I comfort myself by reading LOTS of mushy fanfic to make up for it. I'm at the point where I don't care HOW they reunite, I need them to reunite so I can scrub 4B and probably the rest of s5 out of my brain! 

• Love 1

Do you think the writers regressed Oliver this season so that they can have Tina help make him become a better person?...kinda like a reboot w/ a new origin story where BC helps GA be better, not Felicity.  When that interview mentioned DC origins w.r.t. to BC, it made me wonder what they were trying to get at...

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

Do you think the writers regressed Oliver this season so that they can have Tina help make him become a better person?...kinda like a reboot w/ a new origin story where BC helps GA be better, not Felicity.  When that interview mentioned DC origins w.r.t. to BC, it made me wonder what they were trying to get at...

That's my worry. Since this show could go on until s10 I'm thinking they are redoing the whole thing again. 

Tina will be his light. Felicity will be a blip somewhere in his past. We're in Lauriver territory again and now we're in the position the Lauriver shippers were in. 

As for Dark BOP, I'm hoping she picks these woman for very specific reasons. Ideally, I would love love love if they do some leverage type mission. I image she is going to be blackmailing. Tho I do kind of think Cupid is going to be in love with her. I would kind of like that actually. Cupid makes casual comments about offing the Reporter and or Oliver for Felicity. lol

One of my concerns for Felicity's arc is that since she's targeting Prometheus and he's the big bad, we already know she does not succeed in what she is doing because it's too soon to take him down.  So I hope they make her initial mission something smaller or less about directly taking him down 'cause I really would like her to get in a win.  

2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

It's the difference between knowing something is off and being close enough to get her to confide in him.  He could see something is off and just have to assume it's about dealing with the death of Billy.  He's lost the right to make her open up.  :(

50 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Oh I agree with you. I will go so far as to say I am starting to feel that he really loves her no more than he loved Laurel. Sure there's no cheating but he probably just isn't that special to him. Just another girl in the long line of chick's he's banged. 

I'm not worried about that.  The reason for the break up if they make it forever (which I doubt) will I'm sure be all on her.  Not specifically in terms of fault, but in terms of choice.  That way they can point and say that Oliver totally loved her and wanted to be with her but Felicity is the one that ended the relationship and wouldn't consider having him back therefore she can remain special, but what could he do then but move on and find someone that will stay with him and help him find the light within him again?

Again, I don't think that Olicity is done, but there's no way IMO that they'd mess with the current set up they have.  There's no need to retcon his love for her if she' the one that is saying nope, never.    

Edited by BkWurm1
9 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

What meltdown?

That night when Arrow and some BIG game were at the same time, and he said something about ratings and shippers. And from then on, it was all bad PR move by his side. But from the start of season 5, there was bad blood from some writers&MG and fans online. Just my perception. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

It's the difference between knowing something is off and being close enough to get her to confide in him.  He could see something is off and just have to assume it's about dealing with the death of Billy.  He's lost the right to make her open up.  :(

Oh, I agree. But I'm talking about whether or not he'll notice, not if he'll do something about it. They could have him mention it to someone else (say, Diggle or Thea), wonder if she's talked to either of them, etc. 

34 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

No. I think he's probably always going to regress in some ways because the writers are hacks who can't come up with a storyline that doesn't involve him being a moron, but I think this season specifically he's so obviously regressed because they're trying to tie Bratva Oliver in with current-day Oliver, and also because they have a big bad that was created by Oliver's actions in S1 (or however they've phrased it), so they're having him behave in S1 fashion so Prometheus can dredge up all the bad, angsty feels he's spent the previous four years trying to get over. 

And I think Wendy's comment about Black Canary was just an excuse for why they were bringing the character back after they killed Laurel off last year. Oliver's only real issue this season seems to be that he thinks he's always going to be a killer, and he's avoided drowning in a pit of angsty despair over that (so far - provided he doesn't go off accidentally killing another innocent person or two), so IDK how she'd help him become better since he's already re-learned the basic lessons of a real boy (again) because of the newbies: to be a leader, to trust people, to trust their instincts, etc. And he clearly doesn't have an issue confiding in anyone like he used to, dumb as the confiding may be.

But anything can happen on this show I guess!

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm not worried about that.  The reason for the break up if they make it forever (which I doubt) will I'm sure be all on her.  Not specifically in terms of fault, but in terms of choice.  That way they can point and say that Oliver totally loved her and wanted to be with her but Felicity is the one that ended the relationship and wouldn't consider having him back therefore she can remain special, but what could he do then but move on and find someone that will stay with him and help him find the light within him again?

Again, I don't think that Olicity is done, but there's no way IMO that they'd mess with the current set up they have.  There's no need to retcon his love for her if she' the one that is saying nope, never.    

Alright you've appeased me somewhat *stops sulking*

I could kinda live with that. Kinda, prefer not to but won't rage too much.

I wouldn't mind if Susan was the reason that Oliver was kept out of the loop about Felicity's secret. Like if she starts to ring alarm bells with shady behavior.

Thea already doesn't trust her, Digg has been around long enough to recognize when Oliver makes dumb romantic choices and Felicity is smart enough to work out something is off with Susan. A few small scenes where each try to bring their concerns about Susan to Oliver's attention, just for him to brush them off.   

Then a scene with Thea, Digg and Felicity, where they discuss Felicity's thing. Digg asks Felicity when she is going to tell a Oliver. Thea and Felicity share a look and Felicity says something about perhaps when he has less on his plate or when the Susan situation is not a concern. Digg nods his head in agreement.

i just like the idea that Oliver isn't the only one outside the secret (the noobs are too) but we get a circle of Thea, Digg and Felicity. Or even remove Digg and add Lyla if Argus is involved, give us a badly needed estrogen fix.

• Love 10

Most here might not believe it but I see the climax happening in 5x15 and the focus shifting back on Olicity once the spring break is over. I do think they'll slowly start back up again and have them kiss/sex by 5x20. Tina isn't an option and right now I'm leaning with her not being a love interest for anyone. They'll test her out with either Renee, Rory or even Adrian Chase who I assume she'll share scenes with since she's a detective. Adrian is a series regular so he's definitely sticking around. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, MaisyDaisy said:

I wouldn't mind if Susan was the reason that Oliver was kept out of the loop about Felicity's secret. Like if she starts to ring alarm bells with shady behavior.

Thea already doesn't trust her, Digg has been around long enough to recognize when Oliver makes dumb romantic choices and Felicity is smart enough to work out something is off with Susan. A few small scenes where each try to bring their concerns about Susan to Oliver's attention, just for him to brush them off.   

Then a scene with Thea, Digg and Felicity, where they discuss Felicity's thing. Digg asks Felicity when she is going to tell a Oliver. Thea and Felicity share a look and Felicity says something about perhaps when he has less on his plate or when the Susan situation is not a concern. Digg nods his head in agreement.

i just like the idea that Oliver isn't the only one outside the secret (the noobs are too) but we get a circle of Thea, Digg and Felicity. Or even remove Digg and add Lyla if Argus is involved, give us a badly needed estrogen fix.

I think it would be totally awesome if Felicity and then the rest didn't loop in Oliver bc he's a fucking moron (in this case in relation to his idiotic fling with a reporter, in general bc he's regularly as dumb as a non-working doorknob). The problem is, it's totally awesome. Which means no way the show will do it.

Just now, Cleanqueen said:

Most here might not believe it but I see the climax happening in 5x15 and the focus shifting back on Olicity once the spring break is over. I do think they'll slowly start back up again and have them kiss/sex by 5x20. Tina isn't an option and right now I'm leaning with her not being a love interest for anyone. They'll test her out with either Renee, Rory or even Adrian Chase who I assume she'll share scenes with since she's a detective. Adrian is a series regular so he's definitely sticking around. 

Tina isn't an option...why?

• Love 1

See? All this spoiler talk is why I can't go to PaleyFest. SA would still be selling the party line about how he and Reporter are all in and soulmates or whatever, and I would have to throw something at the stage and then I would get arrested. I don't want to go to jail, ya'll. 

• Love 19

See? All this spoiler talk is why I can't go to PaleyFest. SA would still be selling the party line about how he and Reporter are all in and soulmates or whatever, and I would have to throw something at the stage and then I would get arrested. I don't want to go to jail, ya'll. 

Even if we set up a Gofundme bail account?

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 11