Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

Im Australian and I can genuinely say Im not a fan. But we will see how she goes I suppose.

1 minute ago, wingster55 said:

Wonder if anyone is complaining that Ruby isn't a redhead like they did for Candice and Anna Diop. Oh wait...

I haven't seen anyone in this forum complain about those things so you're all good. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

Wonder if anyone is complaining that Ruby isn't a redhead like they did for Candice and Anna Diop. Oh wait...

Maybe at the places that love comic canon? Not here, obviously.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Don't they usually write 4-ish episodes ahead? She could be involved in breaking him out. 

This was my first thought. That she actually breaks him out of prison.

6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Don't they usually write 4-ish episodes ahead? She could be involved in breaking him out. 

That definitely could be it, but I'm also just thinking it's just a joke on the action figures using the only two Arrow characters who happen to be in the comic arc that all of the new writers were told to read, "Hard Travelling Heroes."

Plus that writer wrote for Diggle on the Flash, so I can't help but figure that he would be used for a Diggle episode for Arrow as well.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Idek how that would work unless he's working on 706 or something and Oliver's out of prison.

They’re obviously working on a later episode where he’s out of prison. So that’s really not something I’m looking forward to. 

I just can't believe that teaming up with GA is what  got Juliana so excited that she was acting like the show was better then sex.  It reinforces my less then friendly feelings that she gun for a GA/BC romance if it were on the table (which I'm not saying it is). 

14 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I just can't believe that teaming up with GA is what  got Juliana so excited that she was acting like the show was better then sex.  It reinforces my less then friendly feelings that she gun for a GA/BC romance if it were on the table (which I'm not saying it is). 

Of course she would. She already has in previous interviews. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Of course she would. She already has in previous interviews. 

I'm just wow. I mean it's not like GA and BC haven't teamed up before. Her first episode on the team was two of them going on a solo mission.  Unless it's an entire episode of just the two of them which I'm doubtful the writers would do.

I guess since Katie has gone quiet someone has to fill the spot.

Benjamin Raab tweeted the original Green Arrow with the blonde hair and Van Dyke, not the TV Green Arrow. I guess because there is no JH Black Canary doll yet?

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

Why does Black Canary come with a head?

Maybe she could come with interchangeable heads.

1 hour ago, way2interested said:

Idek how that would work unless he's working on 706 or something and Oliver's out of prison.

They're shooting 703, which means that prepping 704 and breaking 705.  So it makes sense that they would be writing 706 or 707 right now.

47 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Teaming up with the star of the show guarantees you lots of screentime and story.  A big reason why it's so desirable to be Oliver's love interest.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

They're shooting 703, which means that prepping 704 and breaking 705.  So it makes sense that they would be writing 706 or 707 right now.

Yeah I got that multiple times XD. My whole issue before was that it's weird to promote a team up while writing when they're supposed to be pretending that Oliver's in prison forever, you know, unless he was just joking and not talking about GA and BC teaming up at all.

Part of it could be because he's co-writing and teaming up with a partner like Green Arrow and Black Canary team up in the comics.  Maybe he thinks that's what people will think so it's not exactly a spoiler, unless you put it together with JH being so excited the other day.

But then part of it could just be that he took a picture of the free action figures they're given in the office and is just joking that he's "teaming up" with the action figures to write the episode and it means nothing and JH is excited about something she's shooting in 703 or 704?

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

I’d like to think that JH has realized by now (from all the HVFFs she’s attended) that getting in the middle of Olicity would instantly evaporate whatever goodwill she’s managed to pick up from the fan base. 

• Love 8

It actually would not surprise me at all if JH was overly excited about a GA/BC storyline and team up. Maybe she hopes to finally get an opportunity to play out that deep “connection” Dinah has with Oliver that she frequently talks about in interviews, but has never actually appeared onscreen.

For my part, an Oliver/Dinah “hard travelling heroes” road trip provokes a very real and deep level of apathy. I simply do not care about Dinah as character in the story in any way. 

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I’d like to think that JH has realized by now (from all the HVFFs she’s attended) that getting in the middle of Olicity would instantly evaporate whatever goodwill she’s managed to pick up from the fan base. 

You'd hope. It's not like she's gotten that much good will either. Didn't someone say she and the other noobs got no applause at SDCC? 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Didn't someone say she and the other noobs got no applause at SDCC? 

I mean, they  actors can't help it when they get a horrible storyline. They have to continue to do their job. But is anyone, including them, surprised that people don't like them anymore? Everybody, truly everybody, was complaining about the noobs last season, so much in fact that the EPs gave interviews before the end of the season about them not thinking it would go down this road.

And while I can find it in me to forgive Diggle, I don't really want the noobs to be forgiven nor do I want them now to be shown as Oliver's rescuers when they put him into this situation in the first place. 

Shouldn't shows make you want to watch them? At the moment, nothing makes me want to really tune in. Thankfully last season helped me break away which I guess is a good thing after all.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 8

I don’t have an issue with the Batwoman casting. I’ve never seen her in anything so I can’t make a judgement on her acting or ability to play the character.

My only hope is that her introduction is a one and done for the crossover and they don’t carry her over to any other episodes of Arrow.  I’m at my limit for Arrow losing story focus to launch other shows. So an introduction is okay, but then leave everything else to be explored in the pilot.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I've seen her in a couple of things (one of which I don't think she even spoke - John Wick 2?) and she's pretty average. So, you know, sounds about right for the CW. 

Those are my thoughts. She's been eh to adequate in the stuff I've see her in. Not one to make the new show a must see for me. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I've seen her in a couple of things (one of which I don't think she even spoke - John Wick 2?) and she's pretty average. So, you know, sounds about right for the CW. 

At first I was like I don’t think much of her acting but it’s also the CW so it’s not like Helen Mirren is available to them. From the limited information about Batwoman so far she sounds basically like Dinah Drake, so terribly generic. 

BRB, starting Helen Mirren for DCEU Black Canary Twitter campaign. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 5

Yeah, IMO they basically hired JH again. Someone very pretty who is fine in the background but [probably] can't carry a show by herself. So I hope their supporting cast is good enough because they're gonna need it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

She knows, or at least she knew in s5.  Some of her early tweets were about not getting in the way of Olicity.

37 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Did you see her car shooting scene in RED  2? So awesome!  Her character had a gun in each hand and was shooting one gun out of each opposite windows.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

Helen Mirren would actually be an age-appropriate love interest for the old man comics GA.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5

Ruby Rose......Uh I reserve judgement.

Re: JH and her excitement, she was doing this before her fist episode aired, which is natural for many actors with their "big break!" Of course she would probably love a LI storyline for her and Oliver - EBR went from random day player to Leading Lady on the back of it - but that doesn't mean her squees are all about that scenario. As of s6 Oliver thinking of her as a work colleague was generous bit JH pushed it more, a bit like KC.

EBR the actual (for the moment *touches wood*) LI doesn't push anything at all.  

• Love 1

Meh about Ruby Rose, I think she's a terrible actress. I'd say she's on par with JH, but her casting is very CW.

I don't think Benjamin's tweet has anything to do with what JH was excited over. She said she had just left the Arrow office, so I bet she was picking up her script for either episode 3 or 4. I have a feeling whatever she's excited over may be Dinah/Siren heavy. She seemed to pimp that at SDCC, so that's my guess. But we know Felicity and Watson share scenes in ep 3, and it sounds like Felicity will be actively working to get him out.

5 hours ago, way2interested said:

But then part of it could just be that he took a picture of the free action figures they're given in the office and is just joking that he's "teaming up" with the action figures to write the episode and it means nothing and JH is excited about something she's shooting in 703 or 704?

That’s what I assumed - he wanted to show off his action figures and it has nothing to do with the actual plot.

I was surprised that there seemed to be some consternation on Twitter over Ruby Rose’s casting. I didn’t think she was the best actor on OITNB but I found her to nonetheless be pretty magnetic on that show. She certainly has presence. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, wingster55 said:

Hey, if there's one thing the Arrowverse does well it's totally realistic, not at all crappy looking wigs.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, bijoux said:

So episode 3 has Felicity interacting with Watson, and Lyla is also in it? I fear I'm building up how this could shape up too much in my head. 

703 looks like it might be shaping up to be interesting to balance out what I guess might be a Dinah plot episode in 704, I'll take all of the goodness 703 can offer me.

• Love 5

Since there is a lot of interest in discussing the potential Batwoman series, please direct conversation to this topic, located in Everything Else TV; Pilot Season and Shows in Development. Since this show has not been picked up to series yet, there is no forum. Once/If the CW picks it up, the forum can be requested.

Further news on discussion of the winter crossover will be coming soon, but GOING FORWARD, posts in the entire Arrow forum should focus on Arrow characters; posts that are about characters on other shows are subject to removal and repeated offenses may result in other actions. Use common sense here (e.g., if Barry appears in an episode of Arrow, that can be discussed in the episode topic), and if you have questions, contact the mod team via PM; as always discussion of mod actions in topic is not allowed.

For your convenience;

1. The Flash forum;
  2. the Black Lightning forum;
  3. the Supergirl forum;
  4. the Legends of Tomorrow forum; and
  5. the Pilot Season and Shows in Development topic.

Please note, this is not a comprehensive list of all the other show forums!

Thank you!

• Love 1