Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I just posted video of JH's panel at Puerto Rico Comic Con in the Spoilers thread, in which she pretty much confirmed that Dinah/BC and Laurel/BS will team up next season. This con panel took place on May 20, which was after JH had visited the Arrow writers room (on May 4)....

-- On whether Dinah/BC and Laurel/BS can team up next season, JH: "I gotta say, when I watched back the [S6] finale, I was like, I kinda like this duo. I was feeling it. So I really hope so, because I think they've both been through a lot. They obviously have a lot of obvious similarities, right? But, um, now they've been through emotional tribula - trials and tribulations that are similar as well. So I would like them to pair up. I think they will. In fact, I'm pretty sure you'll see more of them together next year."

Edited by tv echo
9 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I just posted video of JH's panel at Puerto Rico Comic Con in the Spoilers thread, in which she pretty much confirmed that Dinah/BC and Laurel/BS will team up next season. This con panel took place on May 20, which was after JH had visited the Arrow writers room (on May 4)....

-- On whether Dinah/BC and Laurel/BS can team up next season, JH: "I gotta say, when I watched back the [S6] finale, I was like, I kinda like this duo. I was feeling it. So I really hope so, because I think they've both been through a lot. They obviously have a lot of obvious similarities, right? But, um, now they've been through emotional tribula - trials and tribulations that are similar as well. So I would like them to pair up. I think they will. In fact, I'm pretty sure you'll see more of them together next year."

oprah-clasps-hands.gif

I also need a Laurel/Dinah/Felicity episode. 

I wish I was the kind of person that could fast forward parts of an episode.  Cause I really don't need to see Dinah palling it around with BS. Or becoming a kind of mentor to the person that killed Vince (who Dinah really seemed to be upset about for a couple episodes)  But it is nice to know who is getting hit with the stupid stick ahead of time.  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

But he did use Felicity's software for his suit without her consent or giving her credit and when Felicity was able to solve something that he couldn't solve he had to go and check her work because he didn't believe she'd done it. Also despite being romcom-ed in another context he would have basically been sexually harassing her and crossing all kinds of appropriate workplace conduct lines prior to them dating. 

She made a chip and he said it was a thing of beauty. They also let her solve something Ray said no one could solve. I don't care that he stole her work because by today's low standards at least they let her do good work that he could steal/wanted to steal.

S6 they had Curtis come in and fix whatever problem she was having, while acting like an asshole in general.

Hell I'd be less ragey if the plot involved Curtis plagiarizing Felicity's genius inventions. 

Give Felicity her skills back and kill that useless ffing Curtis instead of having him breeze around with skills Felicity is supposed to have. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I also need a Laurel/Dinah/Felicity episode. 

No, thank you :)

I'm quite OK with them off pairing Laurel and Dinah. One-stop bad acting, so to speak. I can just FF through all their scenes. I found it worked very well last season. Didn't even miss anything in terms of relevant plot points.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm quite OK with them off pairing Laurel and Dinah. One-stop bad acting, so to speak. I can just FF through all their scenes. I found it worked very well last season. Didn't even miss anything in terms of relevant plot points.

This x 100000

I think I'm so ragey about Curtis because I'm forced to watch him invade Felicity scenes. 

I had no idea what Dinah was up to most of the time, same with BS. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

More for me then!

Honestly, I probably wouldn't have minded Dinah and BS working together in the finale/season 7 if I could ignore the fact that BS killed Dinah's boyfriend in front of her and the show never bothered to explain why BS couldn't turn on Cayden in that moment instead. But the problem is that I can't ignore that because they made it such a huge thing for Dinah after. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Cause I really don't need to see Dinah palling it around with BS. Or becoming a kind of mentor to the person that killed Vince (who Dinah really seemed to be upset about for a couple episodes) 

Oh see, this doesn't really matter because Laurel hesitated before she murdered him. The hesitation makes her Daddy's good girl!

• Love 7
(edited)

Are they going to just brush over and hope that the audience forgets the whole Dinah seeks revenge on Laurel for the murder of her boyfriend, because that’s probably going to annoy me because they spent so much time on it as a plot point. 

At least putting Dinah and Laurel together will make it easier to fast forward through their scenes.

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 3

Actually DD and Siren together sounds good to me. I am not complaining lol.I mute when either one is on, so this makes that easier, plus I am hoping Beth is gonna deliver good things for FS. I'd prefer her not have to prop either of those two or Curtis. I'm really hoping well get some Watson/Felicity scenes next season. I'm still curious about KC's contract both EBR and DR made it seem like she's back on that 3 show contract, wish they'd do the same for DD.

• Love 3
(edited)
56 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

This season: She’s not your daughter!

Next season: She murdered your boyfriend!

LOL, exactly. A BC/BS teamup would have made sense if Vincent's death was a tragic accident, but this stupid show had BS murder him in cold blood and now we're just expected to forget that it ever happened? The writers really must think we're all fools with a memory like a sieve. 

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 5
(edited)

Given Felicity made her thoughts on Black Siren pretty explicit in season 5 I'm pretty sure wouldn't willingly work with and befriend Siren even if a Genie granted her her own fortune five hundred company, made her the head of Google, Facebook and Microsoft and gave her a year supply of Burberry coats. 

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 3

Dinah and BS sounds good to me. I can just ignore them at the same time then yay! Also, I really didn't want Dinah anywhere near Felicity tbh, not after how horrible she's been in s6, so not having to deal with Dinahlicity bullshit is even better. SCORE!

3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

@Mellowyellow something else to keep in mind with what EBR was saying in those interviews about a baby, as of Monday during the Build series she said she knew really nothing about what was happening in season seven.  She hadn't met with the showrunners or writers to find out what was coming.  She could have gotten scoop from SA at some point but that still would just be casual conversation, not a mandate from the show to talk down a topic.   

Good point!!!! This is going to be a looooong year for me if they wait until 722 for the pregnancy reveal! 

hehe and I thought my Olicity paranoia in S5 was bad! Apparently I get super worked up about babies that are not really mine!

• Love 1
Just now, Mary0360 said:

Given Felicity made her thoughts on Black Siren pretty explicit in season 5 I'm pretty sure wouldn't work with Siren even if a Genie was granted her own fortune five hundred company, made her the head of Google, Facebook and Microsoft and gave her a year supply of Burberry coats. 

You give these writers a lot of faith. Especially since she will be in frenemy territory now, the likelihood of Felicity having to work with her at some point has gone up. 

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

You give these writers a lot of faith. Especially since she will be in frenemy territory now, the likelihood of Felicity having to work with her at some point has gone up. 

Word. If the writers want Felicity to work with BS, they'll make it happen by hook or by crook. In fact, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the upcoming BC/BS stuff is a mentorship where Dinah teaches BS to use her powers for good - leading to Dinah's eventual departure and Black Siren's rise as the 5000th BC by the end of the season, lol. And obviously, if this theory turns out to be true, Felicity and Laurel would have to work together at some point. The writers didn't get rid of her after they killed off her only personal connection in Quentin Lance. They sure as heck wouldn't do it after she's been redeemed. They're just going to force her back onto the team and it will almost be like Laurel never died at all. 

Edited by strikera0
1 hour ago, kes0704 said:

Are they going to just brush over and hope that the audience forgets the whole Dinah seeks revenge on Laurel for the murder of her boyfriend, because that’s probably going to annoy me because they spent so much time on it as a plot point.

I'm curious if Beth will be any better at remembering the show's history than MG and WM were.  Malcolm Merlyn, Slade, they did horrible things but that was all wiped away when the show wanted them to help Oliver and Team.  So far, it seems that if Black Siren is headed down the same track.

(edited)
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Oh see, this doesn't really matter because Laurel hesitated before she murdered him. The hesitation makes her Daddy's good girl!

Is this going to turn into a weird Mommy thing with Dinah? 

Let's see - DDDiaz returning, BS/BC team ups, incompetent NTA, & Oliver in a supermax with tragic facial hair. TPTB are really challenging me. Is this a test to see what will break me?

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Except in the finale Oliver still looked like he wished Siren was dead and she's the reason Diaz is still around and Felicity's husband is in jail for life so I really don't see Felicity giving psycho screamer a BFF merit badge anytime soon. 

• Love 7
Just now, Mary0360 said:

Except in the finale Oliver still looked like he wished Siren was dead and she's the reason Diaz is still around and Felicity's husband is in jail for life so I really don't see Felicity giving psycho screamer a BFF merit badge anytime soon. 

She isnt the reason why Oliver is in prison. He gave himself up to the FBI in exchange for their help to take down Diaz. 

7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

She isnt the reason why Oliver is in prison. He gave himself up to the FBI in exchange for their help to take down Diaz. 

And Siren prevented that from happening. 

• Love 3

I'm fine with BC and BS pairing up. If you're going to have two characters with the same power, they might as well be their own little team that goes around town screeching at people. Curtis and Rene should be their own pairing too, off on NobodyCares Island. Give all of them their 5 minutes per episode and leave Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, and Roy to do stuff I actually care about.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Oliver was going to prison but she did prevent Diaz's arrest when she screamed him off the roof.

Yeah - he got the city cleaned up, but the guy he ultimately went to jail to get is still out there, and his wife and son are in protective custody all because E-2 Laurel is an enormous dipshit. 

• Love 18

I’m mildly curious to see how the writers deal with Curtis in S7. He doesn’t seem to have much fan support and nobody seems to want him in the company with Felicity and there wasn’t a great deal of interest in his vigilante life or his love life in S6.  

So what do they do with him and where do the put him that would cause the least amount of fan resistance if he’s staying on the show?

21 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Idk even if they force OTA to work with BS at some point, this season at least showed they have no inkling to do it anytime soon.

Of course. But 6 months is a long time.

4 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

I’m mildly curious to see how the writers deal with Curtis in S7. He doesn’t seem to have much fan support and nobody seems to want him in the company with Felicity and there wasn’t a great deal of interest in his vigilante life or his love life in S6.  

So what do they do with him and where do the put him that would cause the least amount of fan resistance if he’s staying on the show?

They will probably just put him on cruise control and have him operate the same exact way he operated this year. Go out in the field and throw his balls around and then work with Felicity on Helix and have them try to out nerd each other.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Of course. But 6 months is a long time.

Sure, but for all we know 6 months is long enough time for Felicity to cut her losses with Oliver and divorce him and not want to reconcile with him ever again for not telling her about the deal. I'm just going with what we've been shown so far.

7 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

IDK, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the writers' room while they try to figure it out. This is the problem with keeping characters around for studio-mandated reasons rather than storyline-mandated reasons. And it's not just him. There's literally no reason for him or Rene to be on the show or the team, because they add nothing to the team but extra bodies. Neither of them has any skill that's integral to the team. There's no real reason for Dinah to be on the show either, since her BC has no particular relevance to Oliver's mission or his life. It's a sad state of affairs when half your heroes are as useful as a sixth toe. 

• Love 11

Part of the problem with the studio-mandated/fan pandering characters is that they're not very interesting but the EPs don't care.  There was a big backlash against Rene for being crude so what do they do the next season? Give us Diaz who is even cruder.

I don't think they care enough about Curtis to try to make him more likable.  He's there for comic relief and to throw his balls around.

29 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah - he got the city cleaned up, but the guy he ultimately went to jail to get is still out there, and his wife and son are in protective custody all because E-2 Laurel is an enormous dipshit. 

E2 Laurel has a real impulse control problem (e.g. blowing Diaz off the room, killing the guards).  The show could use that to make her more sympathetic and distinguish her from E1 Laurel and Dinah. But I bet they're going to ignore it and it's going to be all daddy issues.

• Love 2

Google translation:

┆# HVFFNews ┆ David has confirmed to a fan that the S7 will have 22 episodes and that there will be sure baby # Olicity . # Arrow # ArrowNewS7 # HVFF # HVFFLondon

• Love 1

There are restrictions regarding weddings rings in prison. I wonder if they are going with that logic. Something like protecting Felicity wouldn’t make sense. 

• Love 1

Posted in Spoilers thread...

38 minutes ago, tv echo said:

From fan videos of Arrow Heroes panel (EBR, DR, JH) at HVFF-London this morning...

https://twitter.com/bettunicorns/status/1000318664288100353

-- On what they're looking forward to in S7, JH: "I want to see how the energy changes with this, you know, sorta of passing of the guards... I've heard that they're going to have a - um - like, the style is going to be a little different, without giving too much away. I want to learn what that means for myself as well." EBR: "This is news to me." JH: "Yeah, they said it was going to be a little stylistically different."

https://twitter.com/bettunicorns/status/1000322033245356032

-- On the GA suit, DR: "But what I enjoy more is that I'm hearing that I won't be in it next season, which is awesome. The suit is very hot."

-- When fan asked how Roy will be brought back in S7, EBR didn't know and DR avoided answering directly. Instead, he said that he couldn't say "enough good things" about Beth taking over as showrunner. DR also said that, when he went to the writers room when they were editing 623, he saw their board with all the characters and what they've outlined for what they want to do with them. DR: "You probably heard online that Batwoman's coming, right? But, listen, guys... that ain't nothing compared to what they have planned. Like, they have some serious stuff... I think you're really in for a good treat in Season 7." 

-- DR confirmed that he's directing 711 and joked that it's "the weakest script of the season." 

-- When fan asked about having an episode where the good guys turn into bad guys and the bad guys turn into good guys in the future, DR: "Hey! The crossover... (Fan asked, "For Season 6?") No, the upcoming crossover for 7. Just wait for that. Just wait for that."

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Not sure if this should be in the MYS thread but I'll post it here anyway. 

My guess is that the crossover involves a prison break - and all the criminals help Oliver out (becoming the good guys) and the guards/cops try to stop him (becoming the bad guys). 

Edited by apinknightmare
12 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

My guess is that the crossover involves a prison break - and all the criminals help Oliver out (becoming the good guys) and the guards/cops try to stop him (becoming the bad guys). 

Would they make the crossover so specifically about an Arrow ongoing plot though? Normally they make the crossovers pretty standalone. Plus Im assuming Oliver will be out of prison by like the second episode. 

Not to mention I'm assuming the crossover is going to devote 90% of the airtime to setting up Gotham and Batwoman aka their new shiny toy. 

Tbqh I kind of feel like Davids quote is basically the last crossover which had the whole evil version of heroes thing. Unless they are planing to do a sucide squad type spin where they show the crossover from the point of view of the Villians and have the heroes play villians from their perspective. Sort of like how SS made Batman out to be the menacing villain some what. 

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Would they make the crossover so specifically about an Arrow ongoing plot though? Normally they make the crossovers pretty standalone. Plus Im assuming Oliver will be out of prison by like the second episode. 

I was just thinking of ways Oliver could get out, provided he's not working undercover for Watson. He admitted to the crime he went to prison for, so he doesn't have any reason to escape and exonerate himself, like he does in the Supermax film treatment. I figured an escape in a crossover would be a small part of it - the larger plot involving Oliver helping to stop a grand-scale crisis, which would get him a presidential pardon or something, since a regular escape would make him a fugitive. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

I just don't think that they'd wait that long, especially when a huge critical complaint in 6a was Oliver being out of the costume. And they've already proven that they took it partially to heart because they told DR that he would not be in the GA costume any time soon again.

• Love 2

I hope they don't wait that long because if I have to go until December with Oliver in prison and Felicity helping the wannabes being Team Arrow, I don't think I'll still be watching.

• Love 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I just don't think that they'd wait that long, especially when a huge critical complaint in 6a was Oliver being out of the costume. And they've already proven that they took it partially to heart because they told DR that he would not be in the GA costume any time soon again.

Is that them agreeing with a critical complaint over Oliver being out of costume, or agreeing with a critical complaint that the whole kerfuffle over the suit and the moniker was stupid? Besides, they tied up that whole storyline in the finale - there really isn't much of a reason for Diggle to wear Oliver's suit anymore anyway. Not that I want a full 7 episodes with Oliver away from the team or anything - I really hope that doesn't happen just for my own enjoyment - just thinking of one way they could do it and David's comment could come into play. 

Edited by apinknightmare