Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, Featherhat said:

Well I hope it doesn't go on quite as long as SPN, though I supposed if SA wanted out and the CW didn't he could hand the title on. 

Oh it probably could never literally go as long as SPN, I just meant CW probably sees Arrow as a potential long-running series that keeps a core number of audience who will keep watching no matter what just like SPN.

18 hours ago, Chaser said:

Can Chico go next?

Never give up hope!

2 hours ago, Chaser said:

I saw some "fans" on twitter saying they think this is a sign of Arrow heading towards cancelation but changing Showrunners and shaking up the writers this late, it seems to me the network really wants Arrow to go past S7.

Well considering that even their 'hit' show Flash is not the ratings draw it used to be, maybe they are actually not unhappy with Arrow's performance. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

I made it as far as the below question before I had to stop. The person who brutally murders people is horrified at Diaz brutally murdering people. I became that woman and the mathematical equations meme. 

TVLINE | It sounds like in Episode 19 (airing this Thursday at 9/8c), when they meet up with The Quadrant (a coalition of crime families), Laurel is going to start having some second thoughts about Diaz’s grand plan, or his means of going about it.

Ultimately, as she’s learning more and more and watching Diaz and how he works, she’s horrified because he’s brutally murdering people. There’s no rhyme or reason, which is disturbing. And although she has had that in her before — when need be, she’s been able to take down some people — it’s hard for her to watch and stand by this person. Plus, she does have this interesting relationship with Lance, with Quentin. Both of these characters [Quentin and Diaz] are making her question herself in different ways almost, almost like the angel and the devil. She’s caught between a rock and a hard place.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I made it as far as the below question before I had to stop. The person who brutally murders people is horrified at Diaz brutally murdering people. I became that woman and the mathematical equations meme. 

Yeah, I feel like they're expecting us to forget everyone she killed at the beginning of the season when she didn't have to? I only skimmed the article, but it would be better if anyone acknowledged those people. On the show, once she killed Vince, he was the only one they focused on and it's like everyone else, including the cops she killed in the premiere, never existed. (RIP poor guard with a family)

That being said, I don't think there's a redemption arc coming - not this late in the season - so I guess it doesn't really matter, but still. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

When KC gives an interview, I’m never sure if she’s trying to gaslight us or if she honestly doesn’t remember what actually happened on the show and just replaced it with her own headcanons.

• Love 21

I suppose a potential redemption arc for next season would have to consider if/how Quentin dies and if/how Sara interacts with her in the finale. But since I can't see them getting rid of JH and KC and SA still have anti chemistry I'm not sure what would happen to the character if it did end up happening. Having two screechers both with antagonistic personalities (this season for Tinah anyway) both working for or with TA seems like overkill. I'd vote for shipping her back to E2 to redeem herself there. 

3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

When KC gives an interview, I’m never sure if she’s trying to gaslight us or if she honestly doesn’t remember what actually happened on the show and just replaced it with her own headcanons.

The latter I think, or if she says it loud and long enough people will believe it. So maybe both then. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1

Loved the interview! I laughed at the first question with her knowing they have Siren doing a lot screaming.

I'm assuming that the Diaz question, Siren just isn't the girl she used to be. She may not be thirsting for blood as much as she was in the beginning of the season. But I am semi-interested to see how this whole Siren/Diaz teamup goes. Of course interesting writing would figure going from equal henchmen on a team to crossing one another to not trusting one another...things wouldn't end well but this is Arrow so I doubt they will do anything that interesting with it.

Given that this interview took place around 6x21? It kind of sounds like she has gone back to the dark side full time.

There was a lot in that in that interview and there was absolutely nothing new at the same time. It sounded like a bunch of head canon from KC's perspective. This gives me hope that there is no real plan to keep her beyond this season. This is hoping the reset for next season includes no Lance family. With Quentin potentially dying, BS can go back to her earth and we can start season 7 with only one bird.

• Love 4

Ultimately, as she’s learning more and more and watching Diaz and how he works, she’s horrified because he’s brutally murdering people. There’s no rhyme or reason, which is disturbing. 

Is she...is she being serious? She literally snapped a dude's neck just because. ???

The Canary actresses and their headcanons, man. ?

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

I'm assuming that the Diaz question, Siren just isn't the girl she used to be. She may not be thirsting for blood as much as she was in the beginning of the season.

This is the problem - they could say that she's changed. But they haven't on-screen and in my skimming of this interview, KC isn't saying that either? It's like as soon as Cayden said that BS hesitated to kill Vince, that was enough? Never mind everything that she did before that. Or the fact that they never bother explaining why BS doesn't just use her sonic scream on these other villains. It's messy. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

It's like as soon as Cayden said that BS hesitated to kill Vince, that was enough? Never mind everything that she did before that. Or the fact that they never bother explaining why BS doesn't just use her sonic scream on these other villains. It's messy. 

Well that would be like so many other storylines this season including how they got off the Island, everything NTA, not explaining how a random street thug is the most manipulative, biggest threat Oliver has ever dealt with, Diggle suddenly wanting to be GA so desperately etc. With that CJ saying she "hesitated to kill Vince" seems like the height of good plausible writing. I mean it lead into bonkers Quentin so it wasn't great but compared to poor DR having to literally say "I don't know why I'm doing this"....

William has been one of the most consistently written storylines/plot points this season and I never thought I'd say that. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2

I mean, I'll never say they won't keep KC around, after the history there, but if they do, what are they going to do with her after this season? Especially if Quentin gets killed off?  I agree that they're not going to get rid of JH, so.....I guess I just don't see where they could go with this.  Lack of imagination on my part I suppose. Lol. 

Nothing in the episode description for 6x19 says that Laurel is having second thoughts about working with Diaz (and KP said that KC fans wouldn’t like the storyline). Is the interviewer assuming based off of what had aired to that point? Which was what? 6x16? 

And she’s just kind of going with it?

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, I feel like they're expecting us to forget everyone she killed at the beginning of the season when she didn't have to? I only skimmed the article, but it would be better if anyone acknowledged those people. On the show, once she killed Vince, he was the only one they focused on and it's like everyone else, including the cops she killed in the premiere, never existed. (RIP poor guard with a family)

I think she kind of acknowledges it? Or at least acknowledges that her character has killed in the past and in real life there would be no question that she's evil, but on a TV show like this one they might try to redeem her anyway. I don't know -- all of her answers were so convoluted. Like, I can't tell if she was pitching a sister show that airs Wed at 9pm, or if she literally doesn't know when Arrow airs anymore. 

Every time we start to think, “Hmm, maybe Quentin was right, maybe he’s getting to her,” the rug gets pulled right out from under us. That said, do you think that maybe there is a half of a half of a seed of something good inside this Laurel, that can be cultivated?
As I said before, I do think there’s room for redemption — although maybe, personally, I’m just too forgiving of a person. If someone killed [someone else], you can’t forgive that kind of stuff here on our Earth, but definitely I think there’s room for redemption. I think she has a lot of explaining to do and understanding, and yet…. She’s kind of a wild animal. It’s almost like inside of her there’s this wild animal in a cage that wants to come out, and she wants to let it out, but also I think that she’s sort of torn internally, because I don’t think she was born this way. I think things happened to her that made her this way.

28 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

This is the problem - they could say that she's changed. But they haven't on-screen and in my skimming of this interview, KC isn't saying that either? It's like as soon as Cayden said that BS hesitated to kill Vince, that was enough? Never mind everything that she did before that. Or the fact that they never bother explaining why BS doesn't just use her sonic scream on these other villains. It's messy. 

What do they show on screen though? I mean really.

TVLINE | It sounds like in Episode 19 (airing this Thursday at 9/8c), when they meet up with The Quadrant (a coalition of crime families), Laurel is going to start having some second thoughts about Diaz’s grand plan, or his means of going about it.

Ultimately, as she’s learning more and more and watching Diaz and how he works, she’s horrified because he’s brutally murdering people.

tumblr_ol6546eTJ01vz9bm3o8_250.gif

tumblr_p040b8tG6a1vsnxojo1_500.gif

tumblr_p05ugkrQOQ1vy68puo4_250.gif

tumblr_p3lm6hEIqE1qii97qo8_400.gif

Yeah, I am really sure LL2 is just horrified by Diaz murdering people. 

• Love 19

And stalked a woman into a parking garage, had a pleasant conversation with her before killing her and prancing around in her shoes. 

And threatened to kill a man’s daughter to get him to work for Cayden. 

I get that if they were going down the redemption road it’s Arrow so none of this would matter, but acting like BS is suddenly horrified by killing is stupid. 

If she ‘redeems’ KC is going to start describing BS the same way she did E1 Laurel. Pure, good hearted, etc.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 10

In the last two seasons of LOT Sara seems to have been driven a lot more by Laurel's death than Laurel ended up being by Sara's. A lot of her S2 arc was driven by rage at DD and again at the end of this season and a few mentions earlier on.  I'm wondering how or if that's going to tie in to CL being in the finale. Well in terms of LOT! Sara not E1LL's instaCanary arc. In case she's more than just there for her Dad dying. 

32 minutes ago, Chaser said:

And stalked a woman into a parking garage, had a pleasant conversation with her before killing her and prancing around in her shoes. 

That was the creepiest one for me. If it's just a job that you need, just do it, don't take pleasure in toying with them. 

• Love 2

If she does see the error of her ways, I expect her to suddenly turn on Diaz for going over the line, even though she’s spent all season not even knowing that a line exists. And that will be that because this is Arrow. Then she can go back to reading legal texts on Daddy’s couch and somehow continue outthinking someone who’s actually been to law school, the end. 

That’s about all the effort they usually put into any version of Laurel, so I wouldn’t expect anything more at this point.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

Is tomorrow the episode everyone was contemplating skipping?

Yup. But it's funny how magically the show stuck in Felicity and Oliver scenes kissing plus more. The same time a lot of fans were on social media saying they weren't going to watch because of how villain centric it is and from what we know with filming times from the paps. Then the synopsis comes out and Felicity is in the description. They are trying to lure back fans when these fans made it clear they aren't going to watch dick dragon and yawn not Laurel.

Edited by EmilyBettFan
  • Love 5

So Quentin is probably gonna die and BS will be like "Daddy!" and suddenly want to help the team and be "redeemed." Shall we take bets? ?

They really didn't even try, did they? 

So BS will get some sort of redemption at the last minute, giving her fans exactly what they've been asking for, then BS goes back to Earth 2 and KC leaves the show for good, giving the rest of us what we've been asking for. Everyone wins!

• Love 14

That fitting she had in LA was probably for a BC mask. She gets shipped back to E2 to be their BC. Maybe it’s wishful thinking but I still don’t think she’s staying on Arrow. 

2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Is there a new spoiler saying BS is def going to be redeemed?

KP said it looks like she is helping the Team with Diaz.

20 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

So BS will get some sort of redemption at the last minute, giving her fans exactly what they've been asking for, then BS goes back to Earth 2 and KC leaves the show for good, giving the rest of us what we've been asking for. Everyone wins!

You should have told me to write an auspicious story about it during Lunar New year ?

5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

You should have told me to write an auspicious story about it during Lunar New year ?

I was holding out hope they'd make her stay a villain and ship her away the first chance they get, haha. Should've known it was too much to ask.

Besides, I would never waste your fic on BS!

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Is there a new spoiler saying BS is def going to be redeemed?

Just spec from a pap. Any clue what he’s talking about by “recent media reasons”? (Or is he just being salty like CG over Beth’s promotion?)

Also, SA did a Twitter Q&A and mentioned a guest star in the finale. CL was already officially announced - is there another?

He’s really anti-hype on this week’s episode:

Do they honestly think it’s going to be the Olicity Hour under Beth? 

Re: mystery set person. I don’t think his answer necessary means there is another guest. Anyone he names would technically be a spoiler. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Do they honestly think it’s going to be the Olicity Hour under Beth? 

Seems that way - that tweet Beth made about being able to write a whole episode set during the wedding = she wants to write Olicity all day every day and that's what's going to happen. It's impossible that she just had fun writing people at a party and everything that comes along with that. Impossible!

Don't forget she also recently retweeted Lord Mesa's 618 art of "I'm glue, baby." Nothing to do with the fact that production's been a fan of Lord Mesa's for years and that that was his comedy art for the episode, nope. All for Olicity.

• Love 2

I wonder what is up with SA's "zero Fs to give" attitude! I think it's hilarious but he's always been a company man hasn't he? I've seen him pull faces during an interview about Laurel being BC but now he's almost outright telling people not to watch certain eps! This combined with DR's recent tweet makes me want to know what happened bts soooooooo badly! Not a peep from EBR though! She's consistent that girl! 

• Love 2

Rebuttal to KC's comment that Black Siren is "horrified because [Diaz is] brutally murdering people" - I've also read the argument that she can be redeemed even though she killed Vince the Vigilante, because she showed reluctance to kill him and because she was 'forced' to do so by Cayden (for example: BuddyTV and ComicBook). However, this argument ignores the fact that she's killed multiple people, not under orders, but for no reason other than personal enjoyment. Here's a few examples...

From 6x04 - BS kills innocent girl and then wears her shoes:
Black Siren: "Excuse me. Ohh! Here you go."
Jenny: "Thanks! I'm such a klutz."
Black Siren: "Don't worry. Me, too. I love your shoes.They're so cute."
Jenny: "Custom-designed. Girls can rock limited edition kicks, too, right?"
Black Siren: "Absolutely. I'm Dinah, by the way."
Jenny: "Jenny."
Black Siren: It's really nice to meet you."

(Legends-SuperFlarrow 423)

From 6x04 - BS kills building security guard who pled for his life:
Injured Guard: "Please. I have a wife and two little girls."
Black Siren: "Shh. I know. I had a family once." (Snaps guard's neck)
Cayden James: "I appreciate your zeal, Ms. Lance, but we just need people down, not dead."
Black Siren: "Do I question your methods?"
Cayden James: "Oh, a little gratitude, please. Were it not for me, you would have either starved or bled to death on Lian Yu...."

(Arrow Clips Latino)

From 6x07 - BS kills another guard against Cayden James' directive:
Black Siren: "You got us in here so easily, I didn't have a chance to kill anybody."
Cayden James: "Well, homicide is not our objective here, Ms. Lance. Two guards inside."
Black Siren: "What's the holdup?"
Cayden James: "Your generation's so impatient. Why can't you just savor the anticipation? Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war, Ms. Lance."
(Black Siren kills guard with dagger) That was a literary epigram, Ms. Lance, not a directive."
Black Siren: "Potato, potah-tah...."

(SoAri content)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Regarding SA's tweet where he said: "First day filming our season finale. Wearing the exact same wardrobe I wore in episode 105. On purpose." - Inverse reviewer (the one who's anti-Olicity/Feicity) is interpreting that tweet as possibly hinting at a flashback Lauriver scene in 623...

In TV terms, “105” refers to “Season 1, Episode 5,” which in Arrow’s case is the episode “Damaged” where Oliver seeks Laurel’s professional — and personal — counsel for the first time since returning to Starling City. It’s very unlikely Amell actually means the show’s 105th episode, which would be Season 6’s “Spectre of the Gun,” in which Team Arrow became divided over gun ownership.

In hindsight, “Damaged” isn’t a super important episode, but it is significant for putting Oliver back on track with his first love, Laurel Lance. In “Damaged,” Oliver is arrested and accused of murder, with Detective Lance accusing Oliver of being “The Hood.” Oliver seeks the legal counsel of Lance’s daughter, Laurel, which reignites their complicated romantic history. “Damaged” is the first episode Oliver and Laurel kiss since reuniting at the beginning of the series.
Laurel has been dead since Season 4, but actress Katie Cassidy has been starring in the series as the more evil Earth-2 Laurel, who masquerades as Black Siren. So it’s not impossible for Arrow to revisit a few key moments in 105 if Cassidy isn’t too far from the Vancouver set.

FYI - here's a fan recap of 1x05:
http://gpgurl50.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-arrow-1x05-recap.html

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Regarding SA's tweet where he said: "First day filming our season finale. Wearing the exact same wardrobe I wore in episode 105. On purpose." - Inverse reviewer (the one who's anti-Olicity/Feicity) is interpreting that tweet as possibly hinting at a flashback Lauriver scene in 623...

FYI - here's a fan recap of 1x05:
http://gpgurl50.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-arrow-1x05-recap.html

LOL Why am I not surprised? I'm actually amused by how this writer seems to just ignore the trial part of it and goes straight to Oliver/Laurel stuff. No, it can't have anything to do with Oliver being on trial again. They're totally going to revisit Oliver/Laurel moments from season 1. (Waiting for any tweets about a change in Oliver's hairstyle going forward to lead to articles of "flashbacks to Oliver/Laurel from before he got on the boat!") 

(This is why the show needs to stop throwing a bone to O/L shippers.) 

• Love 8

From EW's latest Spoiler Room:

Do you have any early scoop on the Arrow finale? — Raja
The ultimate showdown between Oliver and Ricardo Diaz is not going to go the way you’d probably expect, but to say more would be a massive spoiler, so I’ll let David Ramsey take it from here! “Oliver is going to pay a price that he hasn’t really paid before,” Ramsey says. “Unlike our other bad guys, who are really trying to go for the jugular in sense that they’re trying to kill Oliver, Ricardo Diaz is just destroying his family piece by piece.”

A price that he hasn't really paid before? JAIL. We are all gonna be so shocked!

The destroying his family bit though...trouble for Felicity and/or William?

Edited by Guest
12 minutes ago, Trisha said:

From EW's latest Spoiler Room:

Thanks. Sigh THIS GUY is who they chose to go there with? Hopefully one of the two that aren't showrunners anymore *were* fired. 

I'm pretty sure Chase tried to destroy Oliver piece by peace and Slade speaks for himself...? Eh. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2