Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I just got home and, on a whim, decided to check out the thread before going to sleep... Holy shit.

No lie, I might've gotten slightly teary-eyed. Because that looks a lot like Caity Lotz. Although the graininess of the photo could mean it might be someone else under that wig and mask? But I want it to be CL really badly. Anyone have any idea where Caity might be right now? Could she be anywhere other than Vancouver? If it really is her then hell yeah! Please let this mean that she'll be sticking around as our BC. Praying to all the dieties right now.

• Love 1

That might be Atlin Mitchell, but either way, it better be Sara's Canary. If it's Laurel and they have her running around in the Canary costume after 1 episode, I'm seriously going to puke.

• Love 1

Anyone else finding it weird that Laurel is now also a blond?  Also, anyone out there familiar with the Short Hair Theory? The one that says only serious love interests get to have long hair?  Did EBR cut her hair or did TPTB MAKE her cut her hair?  And even if it has nothing to do with the Short Hair Theory then it is possible that they wanted her to cut her hair so that no one would mix up Laurel the blond with Felicity the blond which for whatever reason leaves me annoyed.  

Why is Laurel a blond!!!??? 

Yeah, I might be reading to much into this hair cutting thing but I have PTSD from past shows. 

Emily might have cut her hair a bit, but it's still long. Mine goes down a little past my shoulders, and my ponytail isn't as long as hers. She's got layers and she's probably turning her head in that photo, that might be why it looks a little different.

As for KC, IDK why she's blonde, but I wish she'd fully commit. I hate that ombre darker roots/light ends business.

• Love 1

OMG !!! OMG!! What is this???

https://twitter.com/canadagraphs/status/487893979275358208

I think this is the very end of the first episode since they don't shoot in a particular order. It was shot on a rooftop very late in the night.

With the Osbourne casting I wondered if he was the episode 2 big bad, the one I thought brought Nyssa/Sara to town (international killer/merc after a business in Starling). I figured he would show up at the end of 301 to lead in to 302.

That is either CL or her stunt double, it is not KC.

Not keen on Blonde Katie but it does at least look marginally better than last season's highlighted and fried mess. She had such fabulous, shampoo-advert-worthy hair in season 1 as well - such a pity.

I don't think they'd likely do more than trim Emily's hair slightly. That ponytail is pretty iconic by now.

• Love 1

The TPTB love to tease fans.  I can see them unveiling a brief video clip or a picture at SDCC of a masked blonde in a new Black Canary costume fighting, causing the audience to cheer and applaud because they think Sara is returning - then they reveal her to be Laurel!

Or, they'll show a very short clip of Oliver making breakfast in a kitchen, Felicity enters and she's wearing her nightwear.  You think it's the morning after their date - but it turns out Oliver's been crashing at her place because he has no home and Diggle has a pregnant Lyla staying with him.  TPTB love to mislead.

• Love 1
(edited)

I just posted a linked TV Guide article in the Green Arrow in Comics thread about how they're doing an Arrow digital comic series (again) to tell us what happens between Season 2 and Season 3.  They will also introduce new characters in this comic series that will turn up in Season 3.

I hate that they're doing this.  I want to see what happened during that 5-month time period on my TV screen.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Caity posted an instagram of herself watching the sunrise right around the time SA tweeted about drinking a beer after an overnight shoot, so maybe it was her (or was the stunt double as Sara).

Edited by apinknightmare

The picture is in Twitter and tagged as Caity. I just hope she is not backed to only be killed or written out for good, in order to once again give Laurel what she hasn't earned.

That's my fear.

Not sure where to put this but after reading the GA in Comics thread about the 5 months between S2 & S3...

Does this mean if there is a crossover story (i.e. baby mama lives in Central City) will we have to watch both shows (Arrow & Flash) to know what is happening in this story arc?!

(edited)

I don't know what to think or feel right now. On one hand, I'm not sure how this can be anyone other than Sara because the mask and wig look exactly like the ones Sara used to wear. Sara may have left her Canary jacket behind, but not the other accessories. On the other hand, I am reminded of KC's most recent interview after she has read the season premiere script in which she said that Laurel will join Team Arrow and bets that she will become BC. I am not one to name call actors, but that would be a rather delusional thing for her to say after she has read a script in which Sara returns as the Canary. However, it would make sense if Laurel is already jumping across buildings in Canary gear in the very first episode (even though it would be the most stupid thing ever).

Edited by shadow2008
  • Love 1

I looks like CL - the chin and jawline look like hers.  I don't know what her stunt double looks like, though.

Good heavens, the show canNOT even entertain the notion of Laurel as BC in the first half of this season, can they?  That's incredibly ridiculous.  I know nothing has been published (yet) about how many episodes CL will be on, so I'm hoping it's more than 2 and less than last season.

I don't think Laurel could be sisterly to Sin, and I think it would be awkward to see her even try.  Maybe KC's S1 Laurel could have pulled it off but not now. 

(edited)

On the other hand, I am reminded of KC's most recent interview after she has read the season premiere script in which she said that Laurel will join Team Arrow and bet that she will become BC.

Well, it depends on her interpretation of "join." Maybe she meant she joins them as in she is in on Oliver's secret and now has dealings with the team in her capacity as (I'm assuming) DA or some other kind of law enforcement? They could be working together to solve crime in Starling and she could be a member of the team without suiting up or being in the Arrow cave all the time.

Her betting that she becomes BC doesn't really mean anything. I mean, she can't say yes for obvious reasons, and she wouldn't say no if she knew. She wants it, that much is obvious. I don't blame her, that was the role she was promised. It's not really working out so far, but I don't blame her for wanting to hang onto it. Who knows, she might very well become BC. I mean, I don't want it, but TPTB are still hanging onto it, so might as well accept it. It would be patently ridiculous (even on this show) if she was already in costume in the first ep of the season though, so if I had to bet, I'd say that was Sara.

Edited by apinknightmare

I think KC exact words were that she can't say whether or not Laurel becomes Black Canary but she bet it.....(stg that couldn't be discerned due to the loud background noise). So, who knows what she was saying. But its a definite change from "I think she will become BC" line.

If that is Sara, I can only hope that she survives the episode. I don't see how that could be Laurel, double or otherwise. And as writersblock51 said, the jawline resembles Caity Lotz's. But it does seem odd to throw Sara straight back into Starling... I guess it doesn't have to be in Starling. For all I know, the scene takes place in Nanda Parbat, and we learn something about the season/villain that Team Arrow wouldn't know.

(edited)

I really hope the producers will clear up the BC issue once and for all at SDCC because I am tired of being jerked around and I am sure others feel the same way. If Sara is meant to be the one and only BC say so. If it's Laurel, don't beat around the bush and announce it to the press. I could maybe bring myself to accept Laurel as BC if the writers give her a hero's journey that is worth my time, but I don't want to possibly watch and invest in another season of Sara as BC only to have her snatched away from me/killed off at the end of season 3.

Edited by shadow2008
  • Love 2
(edited)

BsXKVX2IMAA6Z9x.png

This is Atlin Mitchell she is the stunt double, the pic from canadagraphs looks like 100% Caity Lotz

And this is Atlin Mitchell with Katrina Law/Nyssa from the shoot for season finale. 

BsXNH3kCUAEYfSv.png

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 1

Maybe Sara shows up in Starling, tells Laurel she made a horrible mistake, and takes her damn jacket back. Crisis averted.

I agree with @apinknightmare . I don't think EBR cut her hair. She's turning her head and it looks like the rest of the length is hanging down her back. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't think they'd need a stunt double if she's just standing on a roof.

I'm just worried that they'll bring Sara back just to kill her off, so Laurel can begin her "heroes" journey. Since there is really no need or motivation for her to do it now with Sara still around.

Sara had the pet canary, Sara saw the canary when she was floating around the ocean and Sara choose to take that name because of those reasons. Laurel will look like the lesser Canary that has to take someone else's name instead of coming up with her own name.  Adding the color of the outfit to the name doesn’t change anything, just like Oliver’s outfit is green. Also Oliver did not take someone elses name no matter how many times the EP's try to tell me he's not the first Arrow. Shado and Yao Fei never went by the Arrow or the Hood. Oliver is the only one.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

I don't know from where he has his info, but one of the Vancouver paps (Ken aka pursuit23) seems to be sure that it's CL's stunt double (Atlin Mitchell) in the Canary picture:

@canadagraphs that's the double (lotz)

Source

@olicity_is_real it's the double in his pic

Source

(edited)

Sara had the pet canary, Sara saw the canary when she was floating around the ocean and Sara choose to take that name because of those reasons. Laurel will look like the lesser Canary that has to take someone else's name instead of coming up with her own name.  Adding the color of the outfit to the name doesn’t change anything, just like Oliver’s outfit is green. Also Oliver did not take someone elses name no matter how many times the EP's try to tell me he's not the first Arrow. Shado and Yao Fei never went by the Arrow or the Hood. Oliver is the only one.

Exactly.  I'm so tired of the whole 'the 1st isn't the final' angle being held up like it's a concrete rule. 

As for if it's CL or the double, I think the photo is of CL.  Unless "Ken" has an official in with the show and knows that CL was most definitely not on set for that shot, I'm inclined to go with what I see.  And the chin/jawline look much more like CL's than her body double.

Based on the tweet thread, is Atlin Mitchell also Laurel's body double?

Edited by writersblock51

He is just making a guess. He is friends with the Canadagraphs guy, who actually took that photo. Even the Canadagraph guy is not sure who that person is. Though I am 100% sure that she is  Caity Lotz.

(edited)

I'm just worried that they'll bring Sara back just to kill her off, so Laurel can begin her "heroes" journey. Since there is really no need or motivation for her to do it now with Sara still around.

They wouldn't kill off Sara early in the season. That wouldn't make any sense because it would leave her LoA backstory completely unexplored. If they kill off Sara, they would do so once her backstory reaches the point where she learns of the earthquake in Starling City and chooses to leave the League. That's the natural end to her flashback material. That could happen as early as the end of season 3 or maybe sometime in season 4.

Based on the tweet thread, is Atlin Mitchell also Laurel's body double?

I don't know this for sure, but they would probably use Atlin Mitchell for KC and CL. AM is actually a better fit for KC than CL because they are both 5ft7. CL is only 5ft4. The only other Arrow stunt women I know of are Melissa Jin and Kim Chiang and they are both of Asian heritage. That is not a good fit for caucasian actors.

Edited by shadow2008
  • Love 1
(edited)

Atlin doubled for Felicity in season 1. Probably for season 2 she was needed more for Sara, so EBR got a new one. 

CL being 5'4" makes her a better fit for the BC since the BC has always been on the shorter side. It made her look less threatening until she kicked their ass. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

IMDB list Atlin as KC and CL stunt double.  I can't imagine they would have Laurel show up wearing her sisters costume. How not to make anyone like a character 101. Have her be pathetic by dying her hair, wearing the clothes, and taking over the role of her sister.  Laurel already has little to no self identity in the show if they just made her CL but as KC it would be so much worse. Nothing earned and everything stolen to prop her up.

Although if that is CL and I think it is, maybe when KC tweeted out that 3.01 script was a "page turner" it was meant sarcastically. She's been on a one woman campaign all summer to promote herself as BC and Oliver's one and only and then in episode one they bring back CL as the canary and Felicity as the love interest going on a date; face plant out of the starting gates.

• Love 3
(edited)

We'll have to wait until SDCC to get some answers. If they are still vague about the Black Canary question, that either means that Sara's still the BC or they are afraid of the blacklash with announcing Laurel as the BC. Which would probably be the big clue that they shouldn't ever go there. But then again they are supposed to be giving me what I need. So what I need is to find another show to watch. 

I think Atlin was needed for Sara, because apparently the League teaches cirque du soleil acrobatics as well as different forms of martial arts. 

Although if that is CL and I think it is, maybe when KC tweeted out that 3.01 script was a "page turner" it was meant sarcastically. She's been on a one woman campaign all summer to promote herself as BC and Oliver's one and only and then in episode one they bring back CL as the canary and Felicity as the love interest going on a date; face plant out of the starting gates.

What would be equally hilarious is, if episode 2 was titled "Sara". 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

If they are still vague about the Black Canary question, that either means that Sara's still the BC or they are afraid of the blacklash with announcing Laurel as the BC. Which would probably be the big clue that they shouldn't ever go there.

This is the crux of the problem regarding how the show is handling/not handling the future of Black Canary. 

And

Laurel already has little to no self identity in the show if they just made her CL but as KC it would be so much worse. Nothing earned and everything stolen to prop her up.

I am assuming the showrunners are smart enough to NOT rush Laurel into BC, if that is their ultimate plan.  Even a 5 month gap could never, ever explain how KC or Laurel could make it work.  

I also think Sara coming in so soon (first 3 eps) triggers red flags for her future.  The sooner she shows up, the sooner she gets killed off and makes room for an apparently VERY eager Laurel to swoop in.  KC seems to be publicizing her workouts with a lot of enthusiasm. 

Willa Holland's hair looks like a flattering length for her.  I was not a fan of whoever was styling her hair this past season, except when she was all dressed up for the bomb of a Christmas/Welcome Home Moira party.

• Love 2

The person in the picture is definitely Caity. The shape of her face is very unique.

Also I don't think the show will bring Sara back so early on in the season just to kill her off but I do fear her being brought back to help facilitate Laurel's transition into BC by having her train Laurel in the way of vigilantism only to then kill her off later on in the season.  

And while I do prefer Katie Cassidy as a blonde, I don't think that she should be a blonde on the show. Her dark hair back in season one fit the character of Laurel. This new blonde hair is signaling a BC transformation IMO. 

I wonder if Sarah will be in villainous mode when she comes back - it would provide a motivation for Laurel to train, plus the writers would surely think it's a cool twist.

That would completely negate her character growth at the end of last season, so yeah, they'd probably do it.

I don't think she will go pure villain as then she would be directly against "Captain" Lance and her sister, the two people she loves the most. Also, she is in her Canary costume, which is a hero costume. I think from a writers and directors POV, if Sara was going to become a villain I would have liked her in another outfit, symbolizing the change, probably a LOA outfit.

That would completely negate her character growth at the end of last season, so yeah, they'd probably do it.

It's already happened in season finale, so nothing new here.

I don't think she will go pure villain as then she would be directly against "Captain" Lance and her sister, the two people she loves the most. Also, she is in her Canary costume, which is a hero costume. I think from a writers and directors POV, if Sara was going to become a villain I would have liked her in another outfit, symbolizing the change, probably a LOA outfit.

That's a good point. Still, I can't help but suspect Sara/villain vs Laurel/hero could be a possible direction in season 3. (ugh)

I can't help but suspect Sara/villain vs Laurel/hero could be a possible direction in season 3.

If the show goes in that direction, I think it will hasten the show's demise.  Quickly.  I think the EPs are giving themselves and Laurel's fans (which are outnumbered by Felicity fans - and, I'm pretty sure by Sara's fans - especially if you combine them) a treat that will end up being a massive mistake for everyone else.

On a shallow note, my mind kinda went blank after looking at that photo of SA.  Even blurry, he's just... wow.

• Love 3

We all gonna love the Blackmail Canary x.x if they go that path. Which i am hoping they don't. I rather see that freaking line about the darkness "One you let the darkness in, it never goes away" be shown in Laurel story. I always thought it was astonishing  how quickly she got over pulling so many bullets in that cop and found it to be cold and heartless. So the hero route truly wont work for me. 

Guessing Oliver will go undercover boxing? Probably not but wanted to get away from Wildcat theory x.x 

BsXsDeIIcAASFVZ.jpg

totally off topic but: ummm.. is it me or has Amell arms gotten bulkier? i feel like his arms were less muscly(sp?) in season 1. you can literally see the veins on his arms.

• Love 4