Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

That's my preferred plot for bringing DoubleDown to Palmer Tech. I want something at Palmer Tech to be of interest to DD. And I want Oliver and Diggle to miss that because of their fighting. It puts Felicity in danger (she saves herself) and makes the boys see the error of their ways. OTA Bonding. :-)

As much as I enjoy people asking Olicity questions, I wish fans would ask more about Felicity's storyline and her relationships to other characters. 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 9

But how does he know that Felicity Smoak, CEO of Palmer Tech in Starling, is the Felicity that the Green Arrow was talking to over the comms?

I wonder if he sends Double Down after Felicity because she's now a CEO and one of the pillar of Star City.

I don't know. But on the other hand Double Down IS asking Felicity and Curtis about Green Arrow in one of the promos. Though maybe that's after he's followed them into the lair. I like the going after the pillar of the community thing.

Maybe I didn't pay attention but I was just wondering how Laurel and Thea get to NP with Sara's corpse? Commercial airliner or does Malcolm send a little private plane? And why are they keeping Lance out of that again. Wouldn't it be a good idea to involve dad after the last debacle? I am just curious how Sara does end up in the pit. Because I can't see Laurel overpowering MM and Nyssa. Maybe Thea convinces MM or Nyssa but shouldn't she be the perfect example of why you should not do it. 

Also was nobody ever before in the pit? Isn't their a guidebook that will tell you about how crazy people acted after a dip? 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 2

Well, Malcolm was expounding on the dangers of the pit. There have to have at least been some stories.

I'm betting Thea is the one to convince him. It's the only marginally logical course of action. ... So maybe not.

• Love 2
I wonder if that's going to change next episode or if this is just another situation where Oliver is blamed for almost letting his partner get killed even if he actually does nothing of the sort. I'm just feeling rather defensive on Oliver's behalf lately.   

I think this is the episode Oliver takes a bullet for Diggle? It was a scene on the very first trailer. Diggle goes "you took a bullet for me!" and Oliver adorably answers, "ehhhh" like it's no big deal.

And then they're BFF again.

[Plis.]

• Love 4

I think this is the episode Oliver takes a bullet for Diggle? It was a scene on the very first trailer. Diggle goes "you took a bullet for me!" and Oliver adorably answers, "ehhhh" like it's no big deal.

[Plis.]

Yeah, pretty sure that's how it's going to go.
  • Love 2

tumblr_nw94f6vkio1qivzmmo2_500.gif

tumblr_nw94f6vkio1qivzmmo3_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nw94f6vkio1qivzmmo1_500.gif

Double Down definitely comes to Palmer Tech for Green Arrow not Felicity Smoak, CEO. So, it's either that Felicity has been made or, since he includes Curtis in the threat as well, the location of the lair, which I'm now 98% sure is in the Palmer Tech basement.

• Love 3

LOL Okay, seriously, there had to have been a scene where they discussed Thea's community service together or Oliver dropped her off for it, right? Can't think of anything else, though. Oh, there was the 'they've been screwing each other' from drugged up Thea in early S1.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 2

Are we mixing comics and the show again? 

He actually had a couple good responses. I like the one to why Laurel doesn't wear a wig anymore. His answer was because it didn't seem needed with her current hair color. Her hair is dark blonde now, wouldn't a platinum wig be more relevant now (granted a better platinum wig 'cause the other one was pretty bad)? 

And Gwyneth Paltrow is in the box. 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2

Well there was a scene where Laurel lies to Oliver about taking his sister to a spa to relax and instead takes her grave digging after promising Oliver she will take care of her so I guess since lying is involved that's like old times.

Seriously though I don't remember them having scenes other then that one time when Thea was supposed to go to jail.

• Love 4

He actually had a couple good responses. I like the one to why Laurel doesn't wear a wig anymore. His answer was because it didn't seem needed with her current hair color. Her hair is dark blonde now, wouldn't a platinum wig be more relevant now (granted a better platinum wig 'cause the other one was pretty bad)?

if the wig was just to make her blonde-because comics-then why did Sara-a blonde-have one?

• Love 2

I barely remember any of those trio scenes. Drugged up TQ revealing LL screwing TM, check. The trio discuss TQ's mandatory community service, check. I feel like in the Christmas episode, TQ is walking behind LL & OQ talking and says HI to LL.

So clearly, I have missed some really pivotal scenes in the Arrow world. Sometimes truth is in the eye of the beholder.

PS - (we really need a emoticon for sarcasm)

• Love 7

But how does he know that Felicity Smoak, CEO of Palmer Tech in Starling, is the Felicity that the Green Arrow was talking to over the comms?

I wonder if he sends Double Down after Felicity because she's now a CEO and one of the pillars of Star City.

How many adult women named Felicity are realistically likely to be anywhere around SC? 

Maybe I didn't pay attention but I was just wondering how Laurel and Thea get to NP with Sara's corpse? Commercial airliner or does Malcolm send a little private plane? And why are they keeping Lance out of that again. Wouldn't it be a good idea to involve dad after the last debacle? I am just curious how Sara does end up in the pit. Because I can't see Laurel overpowering MM and Nyssa. Maybe Thea convinces MM or Nyssa but shouldn't she be the perfect example of why you should not do it. 

Also was nobody ever before in the pit? Isn't their a guidebook that will tell you about how crazy people acted after a dip? 

I'm betting it's primarily Thea guilting daddy Merlyn, possibly with a soupcon of daddy Merlyn wanting to do some experimenting to find out whether he could bring back Rebecca and/or Tommy.

• Love 3

I figured out how they are getting Sara's corpse to NP. Laurel is going to call Felicity for a favor. She is going to tell her the spa requires a short flight and ask to use the jet because everything is booked on short notice. 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2

Based on the pics, I'm thinking Double Down goes after Felicity and Curtis, follows them to the lair, Oliver and Digg get there to fight him off and then come together to protect Felicity (it looks like the pic of them standing next to each other with the car approaching is towards the end of the episode), and that's what really brings them back together.  Although I don't think they're instantly going back to BFF.

And, OF COURSE Oliver has to fix Laurel's FUBAR mess re Sara.  As always.

• Love 4

Oliver will have to fix Laurel's mess and Quentin will still probably find a way to blame him. SMH.

Oh and also Oliver/Laurel/Thea scenes? I only remember one. But this is where people get mixed up with the comics. You try arguing that original Team Arrow is Diggle/Oliver/Felicity and they post pictures of the comics Team Arrow from 30 years ago like whaaaaaat. Crazy.

Edited by Guest

I am so excited for that scene because it's going to be so cute, but my comment was referring to Felicity yelling (sorry, using her loud voice) at both of them about getting killed. That most likely happens before Oliver gets shot (or maybe not and maybe that's why she's mad), so what does Oliver do or not do that  sets Felicity off? Because so far he's been taking Diggle's digs pretty well.

• Love 1

I called a giant Bull Shit on that one.  Oh it didn't seem necessary since the actress is blonde now...um then why did the fully blonde actress who was previously in the role have to wear a platinum blonde wig again?  Hmm.

• Love 15

It's not that common. It's ranked #497 in America and #133 in England in 2014. It reached its peak when the show Felicity aired in 1999 (up to #397 in US), but it has been rising. According to website reporting census data - in 1989 (yr FS was born) 52 girls were named Felicity. It ranked 2286. So yeah the chances of people narrowing down an actual Felicity (and it being FS) that works with GA is possible. Especially considering the fact that OQ is not great at hiding his identity, has been linked to the ARROW twice, had a close frame video feed of his face. And frankly the other TA members are all pretty well public figures & established in connection with OQ. With the scrutiny that will come with the mayoral race, I can see it becoming a problem that people link the two together (esp smart people like CH & DD). I'm all for fanfic coming to life on the screen with some media is FS cheating on OQ with GA, but I really think it is well past time they get her a code name. Simple fix in a rather complicated world, get on it writers.

reference - http://www.ourbabynamer.com/Felicity-name-popularity.html

ETA - I'm kinda partial to her codename being multiple syllables now, I love the way SA uses the different syllables of FS to convey emotions & intensity of situations. I would hate for him to lose that attribute in the field. So hopefully her name will be something he can work with & make special like he did with the name Felicity.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 4

Is it really such an unusual name in North America? I know several (am in the UK).

Well, I've lived in Seattle, Portland, Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, NYC (Manhattan), New Jersey, and now Indianapolis, and I have never met a woman named Felicity.  Add in that SC is not a huge city, and that the woman would have to be adult-ish, and that she is likely to know something about tech-y stuff.  Now add in that "Felicity Smoak" is all over the news as the new adult female CEO of an SC-based huge tech firm, and dating mayoral hopeful Oliver Queen, twice accused of being the Arrow.

If the criminals don't figure it out once they hear any of TA say her name, then they are even dumber than SC's cops.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 9

Speaking of terribly hidden secret identities, I'm looking forward to DD wanting to befriend Oliver, and Oliver knowing he's the evil head of Evil Inc., while DD has no idea Oliver is Green Arrow. POKER FACE, OLIVER. Get one asap.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 6

I watched the trailer with Double Down - he looks pretty good! 

I really want to know how he finds out that Felicity knows GA. Are we to assume that the 'now a madman knows you work with a Felicity' was a big anvil for this episode? Because I genuinely don't know how he'd find out otherwise. 

And Felicity and Curtis start at PT and end up in the TA lair? It definitely looks like Curtis finds out Oliver's GA, or at least that Felicity works with him. 

He's waving away Oliver as Green Arrow in 4x06, so I guess he only figures out that Felicity works with GA. Though it would be funny if after the "naaah", we saw Curtis round a corner and go, "OMG, it's him! Now what do I do?"

Are Oliver's scenes with Quentin that both SA and PT mentioned in 4x04? Hope they connect over their disbelief about Laurel.

• Love 1

I don't think we know for sure that Double Down is there bc of Felicity, because he asks her and Curtis "which one of you wants to tell me where (who?) the Green Arrow is?"  If he knew Felicity knows the GA, I'd think he'd just direct the question at her. 

I don't know, I just don't trust these writers (shocking coming from me, I know) or their ability to follow up.  They had that anvil with Sara telling them to change up comm channels and nothing came of it, and then they had that really dramatic scene in which Felicity threatens RAG that went ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE.

• Love 1

I don't think we know for sure that Double Down is there bc of Felicity, because he asks her and Curtis "which one of you wants to tell me where (who?) the Green Arrow is?"  If he knew Felicity knows the GA, I'd think he'd just direct the question at her.

He says "first one to tell me where you can find the Green Arrow gets to live".

Maybe the temp lair is in the basement, and he was following Dig and Oliver to/from the building.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 1

Well you live and you learn :) And I obviously know a disproportionate number of Felicitys.

Just so you know, I kept editing my post because it sounded snarky and I really didn't mean for it to.  Basically, it's not a particularly common name in the US, and with the other narrowing factors, a somewhat intelligent criminal should be able to narrow it down to Felicity Smoak pretty easily.

He's waving away Oliver as Green Arrow in 4x06, so I guess he only figures out that Felicity works with GA. Though it would be funny if after the "naaah", we saw Curtis round a corner and go, "OMG, it's him! Now what do I do?"

Are Oliver's scenes with Quentin that both SA and PT mentioned in 4x04? Hope they connect over their disbelief about Laurel.

Do we know that scene is in 406?  Could it be from 403?

Now I want to see Laurel think it's a good idea for Sara to put on her Canary outfit and go out and fight crime with her and Thea right after she comes out of the LP. I want Sara to start going to town on the bad guys and Thea to gleefully follow her lead both with crazy smiles. So that scene with the camera spinning around the three of them trying to imply girl power turns out to be Laurel being unable to control the two crazies she gave weapons to.

• Love 14

Lmao I just had a funny thought. 

Y'all remember when WM said in an interview that the resurrection storyline is very much about Laurel? And it struck me at the time because usually resurrection storylines should be about the people who are you know... resurrected? It makes perfect sense to me now. Because this SL isn't about Sara or bringing her back to life. It's about LAUREL and how she feels and what SHE wants. Nothing else. 

I get it now. Thanks WM. 

• Love 16

Lmao I just had a funny thought. 

Y'all remember when WM said in an interview that the resurrection storyline is very much about Laurel? And it struck me at the time because usually resurrection storylines should be about the people who are you know... resurrected? It makes perfect sense to me now. Because this SL isn't about Sara or bringing her back to life. It's about LAUREL and how she feels and what SHE wants. Nothing else. 

I get it now. Thanks WM.

LOL, good job Sara exists then really or else what would they do?!

I don't think its about Laurel because this is pretty much the writers trying so hard to fix the mistake they made when they killed off Sara.They don't care how it looks for Laurel at all IMO. They didn't even try to find another way that makes Laurel look less selfish though there were many of them.They will try to spin this as development for Laurel because she's an Arrow character and people already complain about to much focus on spinoff set up but it actually erases all motivation they gave Laurel for being BC and makes it seem she didn't come to terms with Sara's death at all since 3.01.

Edited by tangerine95

I don't think its about Laurel because this is pretty much the writers trying so hard to fix the mistake they made when they killed off Sara.They don't care how it looks for Laurel at all IMO. They didn't even try to find another way that makes Laurel look less selfish though they were many of them.

No, I really think it is, sadly. No one will remember the horrific way she brings Sara back, just that she'll be the one to bring her back. It'll be the right thing in the end. Just wait.

No, I really think it is, sadly. No one will remember the horrific way she brings Sara back, just that she'll be the one to bring her back. It'll be the right thing in the end. Just wait.

Oh I'm sure she won't face any consequences on the show other then Oliver might yell at her and be mad for an episode.Yeah I think most people will focus on Sara being back but Laurel already for a lot of people inspires apathy or hate so I don't think making her do dumb stuff like this is the smartest move.

But what I mean is that this storyline wasn't planed for Laurel when they made her BC.Its only happening because they regret killing off Sara so I don't count it as being about Laurel.I mean all that drama to make her BC and what they have her doing is digging up her dead sister and being in fight scenes.Doesn't seem worth all that trouble to me.They also have to set up Sara as willing to go time traveling with a bunch of people she doesn't know so I don't think they can just use her to prop Laurel anymore.

Lol I don't understand why they're doing that.Either let her hair be shorter and not put it in a ponytail for awhile or put in extensions full time.This just makes it look weird the way her hair changes length each episode.

The top ponytail looks longer. Probably a hair piece, though not sure why. But omg that scene of OTA looks awkward. You can almost tell they're playing nice for Felicity's sake. I don't like it! Give them back to me! I miss them how they used to be. :(