Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I saw her posts about being sick. I wonder why she is staying at a hotel. I'm actually kind of surprised she posted. 

If the actors crossing over are OTA and Thea, it makes me really curious about the episode. OTA makes sense given their history with the Flash crew. Thea is a wildcard. Still, I approve of the choices.

I'm sure she is getting a bigger part in the Arrow episode. She is supposed to have some important part of launching LOT if I remember the spoilers correctly.   

Edited by 10Eleven12

If the whole Team goes to Central City, who protects Star City? No one. 

Looking at the Team and who stays and who goes, the obvious choice is OTA goes and Speedy/BC stay behind.

• Love 1

Looking at the Team and who stays and who goes, the obvious choice is OTA goes and Speedy/BC stay behind.

Same people who protected the city when the whole team went to Nanda Parbat. And the same people who protected the city when they did the first cross over.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 1

Speedy is going with Team Arrow. They are only leaving Laurel behind, then again I suppose Sara and Ray are there too. So The Atom, White Canary and Because Comics can protect the city. 

• Love 1

Same people who protected the city when the whole team went to Nanda Parbat.

It's hard to argue since we don't know the circumstances of the episode. But the big threat in S3 was Ra's, who took the magic bus back to Nanda Parbat when Oliver did. I would say Oliver was really the target at that point. S4 sounds different. It sounds like DD is a looming figure and active threat to the City. I hope they don't put a pause on that for the crossover.

I'm just speculating as to a reason someone on the Team wouldn't be there. We don't even now for sure KC won't be apart of the Flash portion.

Speedy is going with Team Arrow. They are only leaving Laurel behind, then again I suppose Sara and Ray are there too. So The Atom, White Canary and Because Comics can protect the city. 

I know. I'm was just saying I find her inclusion the must interesting, because if you divide the Team it would make sense that BC and Speedy stay behind. I hadn't thought of Sara and Ray.

Even villains take days off. They won't be dealing with DD every day and leaving 1 person behind when you had to bring back Oliver seems useless.

Except there are only a few vigilantes and possibly hundreds of villains. The likeliness of every villain taking a day off at the same time is very very slim to none

These 3 shows have a Huge Cast. I'm not shocked that they have Oliver and the 3 closest to him Crossing over.  Plus Willa has never crossed over yet.  I think the Lance family issues will travel to LOT before traveling to Flash.

• Love 1

They can't possibly have the whole cast go so they have to figure out who stays behind and come up with some reason for that character.

Oliver needs to go to Central City for an emergency. He needs some to stay behind and protect Star City. Felicity wouldn't be an asset in hand-to-hand, she is BFFs with Barry and friends with the crew and her skills have shown to be better than the Flash crew on some cases. It makes sense she goes to Central City. He needs a fighter with him as well. Diggle is the best choice. He is friends with the Flash crew. She knows Cisco but not the crew. She is an ADA, I'm thinking it would be a little harder for her to get away. Since the city is in so much trouble, Speedy should stay behind with her. 

All that makes sense to me, if going off the theory that the reason they use for limiting the cast is someone needs to stay behind. So again going off that theory, I find Speedy going to be very interesting. Maybe there is a reason more than she is his sister and a mask.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2

Except there are only a few vigilantes and possibly hundreds of villains. The likeliness of every villain taking a day off at the same time is very very slim to none

They managed to do it a few times last season. Whats the difference this season?

It's amazing how much we can make out of swiss cheese. All the speculation and theories, it's kind of impressive. 

They managed to do it a few times last season. Whats the difference this season?

Better villains hopefully. 

• Love 6

It's amazing how much we can make out of swiss cheese. All the speculation and theories, it's kind of impressive. 

31k posts, 1.1 million views and counting! (And technically, this thread started near the end of season 2. I bet it'll get to 50k by the end of this season.)

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3

I saw her posts about being sick. I wonder why she is staying at a hotel. I'm actually kind of surprised she posted

EBR lives in Vancouver and I imagine a lot of the cast moves there during the filming season and gets their own place but for someone like Katie Cassidy and SA, they have significant others living in other states so maybe rather than having to go to the bother of keeping an apartment, maybe she just stays at a hotel and commutes as much as she can. 

Though that's pure spec.  I have no idea about the living arrangement of either KC or SA.  Another thought could be that since she's sick, she could have put herself into quarantine, lol.  I've heard of people doing that for loved ones too. 

Edited by BkWurm1

402 looks like a good Oliver/Thea episode yay. Also Laurel looks so much better without the terrible wig but you can tell it's her. I hope no one recognizes the ADA that's all I'm saying.

I'm always bothered by how little her mask covers. it would be perfect for a fancy Halloween party, but as far as making criminals think, nope, that's not ADA Lance, whom I've seen at the courthouse and in interrogation, not so much. Smear some grease paint under it, make up department, for effs sake.

I saw someone refer to Speedy and Green Arrow as Sparrow. I thought it was kind of cute. Looking forward to that team up. 

That's adorable.

What I don't get about only Arrow actors on The Flash is why in God's name those scenes aren't taking place on Arrow?!

Unrelated to the current crop of spoilers, I've been thinking. Why is Darhk targetting Starling and not Nanda Parbat? The previous Ra's is dead, Malcolm is an obvious usurper, it would be the perfect time to stage a coup. Unless he is just over the whole League thing? Yeah, whatever, I prefer indoor plumbing. Besides, having the waters sprayed on me from a state of the art shower is much more time efficient than lolling around in a hot tub. That would relly cut down on my villaining time. Plus, the rings don't fit my aesthetic. Cheers, Malcolm.

• Love 4

EBR lives in Vancouver and I imagine a lot of the cast moves there during the filming season and gets their own place but for someone like Katie Cassidy and SA, they have significant others living in other states so maybe rather than having to go to the bother of keeping an apartment, maybe she just stays at a hotel and commutes as much as she can.

Though that's pure spec. I have no idea about the living arrangement of either KC or SA. Another thought could be that since she's sick, she could have put herself into quarantine, lol. I've heard of people doing that for loved ones too.

Stephen has an apartment in Vancouver, he often posts videos from his kitchen counter where you can hear his daughter. Most of the regular cast members also move to the city, probably in apartments leased by CW. Colton & Grant Gustin lived in the same building last year as was obvious by their Twitter banter. Danielle Panabaker & Katie Cassidy apparently live in the same building or so implied by KC during dragon con, though I can never be sure what Katie means to say because her speech is always very disjointed and she leaves a sentence in the middle and start talking about something else.

Katie seems to be single these days so there is no significant other in the picture.

• Love 1

What I don't get about only Arrow actors on The Flash is why in God's name those scenes aren't taking place on Arrow?!

I'm thinking something happens to Team Flash [maybe Rip Hunter shows up and takes them on a time travel ride?], and Joe, or Iris, calls Team Arrow to investigate.

So when Team Arrow arrives, they're the only ones in the scene.

It's from this.

CQUktIAWcAAG6QQ.jpg

I don't think this necessarily means that only these 4 Arrow actors are crossing over to the Flash.  We don't know how many of these C/O ARROW cards there were, so there could be other cards just outside the frame of this shot or underneath other cards.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

EBR lives in Vancouver and I imagine a lot of the cast moves there during the filming season and gets their own place but for someone like Katie Cassidy and SA, they have significant others living in other states so maybe rather than having to go to the bother of keeping an apartment, maybe she just stays at a hotel and commutes as much as she can. 

Though that's pure spec.  I have no idea about the living arrangement of either KC or SA.  Another thought could be that since she's sick, she could have put herself into quarantine, lol.  I've heard of people doing that for loved ones too. 

Katie sold her house in LA and has an apartment in Vancouver. Danielle Panabaker is her roommate.

(edited)

I don't think this necessarily means that only these 4 Arrow actors are crossing over to the Flash. We don't know how many of these C/O ARROW cards there were, so there could be other cards just outside the frame of this shot or underneath other cards.

Why would she only take a picture of 4 if there were more? She's apparently a PA or something on the Flash, took a picture of the "scripts" she was delivering/sending to the Arrow production office for delivery (or maybe she delivered directly?). Why only take a picture of 4 out of 5/6/7/8 (KC, PB, JB, NM) possible scripts?

I saw her posts about being sick. I wonder why she is staying at a hotel. I'm actually kind of surprised she posted.

Her apartment could be in the hotel. I know plenty of NYC hotels also have long term residences available. Edited by Morrigan2575

I don't know. I can't speak for Kate Gray. Maybe these are the only 4 Arrow actors crossing over.  Or maybe she could only fit this view in her camera shot and still keep the words large enough to be legible.

That hotel has been used by the WB to transplant talent to Vancouver for years.

Also, I saw spec yesterday that she was leaving bc she was at a hotel, and LOL NO.

Edited by dtissagirl

I saw the hotel spec too and I had to shake my head. Don't go there people.

Back to the Flash crossover, I don't know if I would take the photo as absolute  proof as to the set list. But, because I can read too much into things, I do find KC's tweets interesting for that reason. Flash starts filming and you tweet you're sick with a flower pic from google. Then again with a room service tray with a Get Well Soon card. I would expect a 'sucks to miss filming' tweet if that was the reason she wasn't on set. Actors film sick all the time, I would think she would have to be really sick to miss filming. And maybe it's just me, but that is a lot of food to be able to put away wthen one is really sick. Kind of makes me think she wasn't meant to be filming, but didn't want to give that impresstion. Like I said, me reading too much into things at a dangerous level of overanalyzing and wishful thinking.

• Love 2

I can't put much stock on any of it. For all we know, KC could have had a late/night call time for Arrow 408 yesterday, after she posted the pictures.

That would be the smart thing to do.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people call in sick to work and then post pictures on social media. But that's just a personal annoyance of mine. It's neither here nor there. I don't think it means anything substantial that she was not filming. Perhaps most of her airtime could have been filmed with her stunt double anyway.

Honestly, I don't see how all these crossovers are going to work. There are just too many actors to give substantial roles to all of them in the stories.

• Love 2
Diggle is the best choice. He is friends with the Flash crew.

Oh yea. Such great scenes. That time when he was MIA when Oliver and Felicity got coffee, or when the two teams were saying goodbye to each other...and Diggle was just randomly waiting behind the corner instead of saying goodbye to them. Great friends for sure. 

Sigh. I enjoyed the Diggle/Cisco/Caitlyn scene where they took bets on Oliver v Barry. And back on Arrow, the scene in the van with Cisco and Roy. I liked when Caitlyn reffered to him as Mr. Diggle and would like to see more of that.

I'm just saying he is friends with them all and has worked with them before, unlike Laurel.

• Love 4

KC said she is kind of the inspiration for LOT.  Most speculation is that it's her role in Sarah's resurrection. Now it looks like maybe KC isn't filming crossover.  Is it possible that something involving time travel/Vandal Savage/Rip Hunter happens to LL/BC (off screen) and all TA knows is that she is missing.  It could have even happened in Flash portion of crossover.  Maybe she went to see mom and hasn't been heard from since?  It would explain why only 4/5 of TA are filming Arrow scenes on a Flash set.  When they figure out what's going on Sara would go rescue her. Ray and Stein would certainly be intrigued by the idea of time travel and go along. (I don't know enough about the others to speculate).  I think it's possible we wouldn't see her again on Arrow until after LOT premiers if she is in that episode. When they were shooting there was a photo of KC/CL/CR and the young POC male (sorry I don't remember his or his character's name).  They may simply have been having dinner or something but it made me wonder.  The photo was posted on a Sunday IIRC.

The whole sick posts might be a misdirection.  Or maybe she's really sick. 

Why does anyone think she called in sick? Actors don't film every day. SA said he was filming Friday for Flash with Arrow actors. If, as the instagram post suggests, KC isn't in the Flash crossover, then she was probably off.

I can't put much stock on any of it. For all we know, KC could have had a late/night call time for Arrow 408 yesterday, after she posted the pictures.

KC was out with EBR, so she wasn't part of the night shoot. That appears to be mostly Stunt Crew, although people think SA was there because he made a tweet about watching the crew take down a set.

I don't know if friends is the right term... Felicity and Caitlin, Felicity and Barry, even Oliver and Barry are friends. Diggle is IMO more of a work friend to them.

however this crossover would be a great time to gently nudge that relationship deeper and into more of a friend-zone kind.

Why does anyone think she called in sick? Actors don't film every day. SA said he was filming Friday for Flash with Arrow actors. If, as the instagram post suggests, KC isn't in the Flash crossover, then she was probably off.

KC was out with EBR, so she wasn't part of the night shoot. That appears to be mostly Stunt Crew, although people think SA was there because he made a tweet about watching the crew take down a set.

Putting together trains of thought here. I probably started the whole call in sick thing with my overanalyzing of the sick tweets because I thought they were weird.

• Love 1

Wouldn't that be an indication that he ISN'T friends with them?

I saw it as a cute sign of respect for the size of his arms. He certainly isn't Barry/Felicity, Barry/Oliver, Cailtlyn/Felicity but he is friendly with them.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2

But Diggle has Flash connections through his own interactions, Oliver, Felicity and even Lyla. Laurel barely has connections with her own cast let alone The Flash cast.

And we don't know the team dynamic near 4.8 nor what's happening with Sara to even guess why Laurel might not be in the Flash crossover.

• Love 2

Because over analyzing her is the thing to do?

Because over analyzing her is the thing to do?

Everyone over analyzes everything, it's the nature of fandom and behind the scenes photos, especially before a season has begun. People have written super long headcanons which over analyzes these types of photos. It's not just exclusive to KC. 

• Love 4

I'm remembering all the discussion we had on CH. That was epic.

For the record, I don't think KC is going anywhere at all nor do I think there is any type of elaborate setup like CH's. It was commented that she may miss filming due to being sick. I'm thinking those just prove she was never supposed to be filming.

And yes, I want to live in a hotel residence too.

• Love 2

KC said she is kind of the inspiration for LOT. 

Tell me she didn't actually say that? That it is just an overstatement. There is no way if she was even "kind of" the inspiration for the show, that they would not then cast her in a major role. I'm just saying the inspiration for LoT was multi-pronged but I don't think LL's character was ever one of those prongs. She may have a role on it now and in the future - but she's not the inspiration for the show. I'm not trying to start any beef here. I'm just looking for clarification.

Tell me she didn't actually say that? That it is just an overstatement. There is no way if she was even "kind of" the inspiration for the show, that they would not then cast her in a major role. I'm just saying the inspiration for LoT was multi-pronged but I don't think LL's character was ever one of those prongs. She may have a role on it now and in the future - but she's not the inspiration for the show. I'm not trying to start any beef here. I'm just looking for clarification.

I think she said that Laurel was pretty much the reason the LoT team was formed, not that she was the inspiration. 

• Love 1

I may have misspoken/misremembered (not intentionally).  It was just the impression I had after SDCC. apinknighhtmare's statement is probably correct.  Back to posting no more. ;)    

I may have misspoken/misremembered (not intentionally).  It was just the impression I had after SDCC. apinknighhtmare's statement is probably correct.  Back to posting no more. ;)    

Please continue to post :) Even @apinknighhtmare's post doesn't make her statement any better. But whatever, she has her own way of interpreting her role and the shows that is sometimes barely connected to reality - so really her statements should be taken with a very small grain of salt. At least its always entertaining. :)