Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: The Ressurection In The Remains (1)

WendyCR72

Clearly if they were going to show her getting together with a man longterm* they were going to have to fix all that. So now she's mildly argumentative and blithely clueless about the world and wears sweet little dresses and her relationship with her husband looks to me like Booth paternally mentoring the special needs child he married with as little physical contact as possible and lots of dispassionate discussion about off-screen sex.

This may be the most spot-on thing I have ever read on a message board.

• Love 2

*they made it a running joke that the only men she could get were psychotic or users or both, and they all left quickly.

Damn. You're making me wish she'd sailed off into the sunset with Sully... And I'm pretty sure that when I actually watched that episode I flinched every time another character gave her the (perfectly reasonable) advice to go away with him.

Or maybe I wish that she could have kept the two men she was dating simultaneously, one for the sex and one for his intellect. (As a woman damaged into being overly correct by her late mother's assertion that she was too popular/wild would do, natch.)

Damn. You're making me wish she'd sailed off into the sunset with Sully... And I'm pretty sure that when I actually watched that episode I flinched every time another character gave her the (perfectly reasonable) advice to go away with him.

Or maybe I wish that she could have kept the two men she was dating simultaneously, one for the sex and one for his intellect. (As a woman damaged into being overly correct by her late mother's assertion that she was too popular/wild would do, natch.)

I loved how hurt sex guy was that she actually talked to dinner guy.

Clearly if they were going to show her getting together with a man longterm* they were going to have to fix all that. So now she's mildly argumentative and blithely clueless about the world and wears sweet little dresses and her relationship with her husband looks to me like Booth paternally mentoring the special needs child he married with as little physical contact as possible and lots of dispassionate discussion about off-screen sex.

This may be the most spot-on thing I have ever read on a message board.
And reminds me a lot of I Dream of Jeannie and also Bewitched if Samantha was more like her mother.

Well, I watched, and am glad I don't have to watch again.  Maybe if I'd been with the show from the beginning, I would have enjoyed it more, but mostly I was bored.  And I agree the crossover didn't make sense and wasn't necessary.  At least General Howe was continuous between the two shows, I guess?

General Howe died in England, where he returned when he left his job to explore other opportunities. Which is when and where he became Lord Howe. 

The history in Sleepy Hollow is seriously cracked. 

Edited by Julia
  • Love 1