Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Game Over

And we get to go back in time to see what really happened on that fateful day...

They did back in S2, waiting a while until flashing back to the incident.

That should be the last we see of Katana Girl, since she was used to free Hiro.

Hopefully, because they should've just brought this on much earlier than nearly halfway into the series.

• Love 1

So, how did Renautus manage to trap Hiro in the eternal fortress in Evernow in the first place ?  

And how did they manage to finagle the wire plugged into the back of his head in a virtual environment and somehow connect that to a machine in the real world.

This show is such a mess -- and the Evernow CGI was only superseded by the incredibly shitty wirework/CGI when Malina saved Luke from drowning.  Man that was bad.

• Love 4

This show is such a mess -- and the Evernow CGI was only superseded by the incredibly shitty wirework/CGI when Malina saved Luke from drowning.  Man that was bad.

The cg is getting progressively worse, were there budget cuts during productions?

• Love 2

This show is such a mess -- and the Evernow CGI was only superseded by the incredibly shitty wirework/CGI when Malina saved Luke from drowning.  Man that was bad.

I am glad that I am not the only to noticed the shitty CGI during Malina saving Luke from his attempted suicide. 

Overall, I have to agree this show is a mess, but it is also a legacy show of Heroes, and I am not surprised to see this show to be such a mess. 

I am just hoping that Hiro and HRG would just stop the evos from coming out during the Odessa Sumit, and reset everything. Personally, I liked it better when the evos were an open secret and it was left to just that. 

Also, it looks like the French also don't like evos, so escaping into Canada doesn't seem that great of an idea now. 

• Love 1

Personally, I liked it better when the evos were an open secret and it was left to just that.

It's more that they didn't do anything interesting with it at all since the show seemed like it would focus more on it.

It's more that they didn't do anything interesting with it at all since the show seemed like it would focus more on it.

Personally, I thought that they were gong to focus on how society views them and then reveal that they can save the day and also fight off the bad evos (which I think this show states isn't possible. Since we found out Luke is an evo and has stopped being a mass murder, and he  even helps one strange evo and buys her some candy instead of just killing her on the spot). I also kind of wish that Renauttes (SP?) just starts to hire the evos, instead of being the big bad company, of abduction/enslavement/murder. 

Overall, I liked it better when it was just an open secret (to some) that evos do exist and that most people didn't know about their existence. IMO, that left the series with a little more mystic of being a comic book atmosphere (which was one of the reasons why I liked the first season). I will be the first to admit that the whole comic book feel is more dated now since the Marvel movies and the Nolan Batman Trilogies came out, but it was nice to see a TV show that was a live action comic book (and the fonts were similar to what the fonts are in comic books) and, IMO,  back then there wasn't a lot of them airing on TV back then.

As of now, everything feels dated and they haven't really expanded on how the world is reacting to these evos. Just about everyone who is good and/or gets a redemption arc (Luke) is either an evo, or has a love one that is an evo (like Quintin and HRG), so all of this "we are together" bs is just bs with nothing to support it. There isn't really anything that is developing past the basic, every government has an open policy of  outright discrimination and/or turn into semi-Gestapo evo hunters.

• Love 1

As of now, everything feels dated and they haven't really expanded on how the world is reacting to these evos. Just about everyone who is good and/or gets a redemption arc (Luke) is either an evo, or has a love one that is an evo (like Quintin and HRG), so all of this "we are together" bs is just bs with nothing to support it. There isn't really anything that is developing past the basic, every government has an open policy of  outright discrimination and/or turn into semi-Gestapo evo hunters.

The series just doesn't have much going for it, it barely even scratches the surface of the evo discrimination plot.

• Love 1

So, how did Renautus manage to trap Hiro in the eternal fortress in Evernow in the first place ?  

And how did they manage to finagle the wire plugged into the back of his head in a virtual environment and somehow connect that to a machine in the real world.

I'm guessing it has something to do with Hachiro Otomo's (Miko's dad's) powers.

It seems like he can (could?) both put things into a digital environment (like Hiro and the katana) and take them out (it's pretty obvious he created Katana Girl in the game and then brought her out into the real world)

Maybe he was also tricked by Erica and then had a change of heart which resulted in him creating Miko to free Hiro.

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 1

The biggest thing that was hard to believe was the fact that a fully-loaded logging truck from Quebec was making deliveries along the coast of what I guess was supposed to be Nova Scotia or New Brunswick (there were Canadian flags waving nearby).

And why was there a gas BBQ sitting out by itself in a picnic area near the marina when Malina got off the logging truck -- something like that would have been stolen a long time ago.

When Ren and Miko were in that coffee shop trying to figure out where the Eternal Fortress was, and Miko draws that logo she saw in Evernow so that Ren can look it up online only to discover that it was the logo of Renautus.  But they had just come from a Renautus facility in Midian, Colorado -- so how did they know to go to this different facility based solely on the logo ?  And how did neither of them recognize Renautus' logo immediately ?  That was pretty stupid.

Ren proclaiming his love for Miko was unnecessary, and a lilttle awkward.  And why does Ren keep shouting "Leroy Jenkins" while inside Evernow -- WTF ?

Taylor having her breakdown when she couldn't find her boyfriend in the basement of the Renautus building was stupid -- maybe they just moved him somewhere else, but she just assumes he's dead. Based on what ?  It looked like all the people in that room had been moved.  Only to later discover exactly that on her mother's office computer -- once again, Renautus continues to have the shittiest security on the planet.

Emily was pretty obsessed with Paris -- she had not one but two miniature Eiffel Towers in her room, and a poster of the Eiffel Tower on her wall.  Even more unbelievable was how short the line was to get up the Eiffel Tower -- the lines for any attraction in Paris are always hours long.  And why didn't Tommy just teleport himself and Emily up the Eiffel Tower instead of trying to go up via the elevators like everyone else.  Did Tommy suddenly forget he was a teleporter -- until more security showed up ?

Can't Tim Kring find a snack company for some product placement since that vending machine that Malina was trying to rob was filled with ridiculous generic products -- Friars, Chippos, Crispy Chippy Bites, Mrs. Keaton's chips and snacks, Big Bar, Chocabloc.

And why would Luke have been trying to buy soda if he was about to kill himself ?  Couldn't commit suicide on an empty stomach ?  Last meal ?

Miko and Ren suddenly both speak English -- how convenient ?  Could have saved the audience a lot of time by ditching all the unnecessary subtitles up until this point.

Were Quentin and HRG standing in a hole in that hallway when they met Miko -- because Miko is tiny and Quentin looked like he was the same height while HRG should have towered over her ?

Just what the viewing audience wanted -- more mopey Luke as he decides to kill himself.  Had enough of that last episode.  But now he has a new found reason to live because Malina saved him.  Whatever.

But the stupidest moment in the episode was the Harris clones wasting time pounding on those unbreakable glass doors repeatedly to get through to HRG, Quentin, Miko and Ren -- when there were multiple unlocked backdoors the entire time that could have allowed the Harris clones to get to them.  So very stupid.

How exactly could Phoebe choke someone to death with shadows ?  Let alone shred him from the inside.    And to do that to her own brother was pretty shitty.

One problem with HRGs explanation to Hiro about Erica's plan -- saying that Erica wants the world to burn.  Abusing evos powers for her own purposes were part of her plan, but I'm pretty sure she isn't responsible for magnetic poles reversing and a massive coronal mass ejection from the sun destroying the surface of the planet.

Why was the picture of the front of the bus in Odessa, Texas from June 13 of the previous year on Erica's tablet ?  Other than what was supposed to be a cool transition but just came across as lame.

How did Hiro change his clothes and get a new haircut between when he and HRG left Renautus in Colorado and showed up in Odessa ?  Because HRG looked exactly the same.

• Love 7

Well, I like this one as it went on.  There was actually plot development and they showed a willingness to move on from certain characters.

But yeah, an episode and a half of mopey Luke is about two episode too much.

• Love 4

But yeah, an episode and a half of mopey Luke is about two episode too much.

It's obvious padding, as for the plot, it took nearly halfway through the series for it to actually go anywhere.

Miko and Ren suddenly both speak English -- how convenient ?  Could have saved the audience a lot of time by ditching all the unnecessary subtitles up until this point.

I've seen both actors speak English during interviews, so I guess it was intentional for Kring to have his 'global' drama to jump around and spread himself thin with all the characters and subplot he has to juggle around.

Just what the viewing audience wanted -- more mopey Luke as he decides to kill himself.  Had enough of that last episode.  But now he has a new found reason to live because Malina saved him.  Whatever.

More filler from 2 characters I dgaf about, and I was actually looking forward to Zachary Levi, what a disappointment.

How exactly could Phoebe choke someone to death with shadows ?  Let alone shred him from the inside.    And to do that to her own brother was pretty shitty.

I sort of liked them in the Dark Matters online series, but here, it's just hollow and meaningless.

And why does Ren keep shouting "Leroy Jenkins" while inside Evernow -- WTF ?

It's an old gamer reference. There's an infamous video on YouTube about a group in an RPG (I'm pretty sure it's World of Warcraft, but don't quote me) about to engage a complex and intricately planned campaign, when one of the players jumps the gun, screams "Leeeeeeeeeeroy Jennnnnnnkins!", and dives into the fight, completely blowing the plan and getting his entire group slaughtered. (Unless you're asking why he thinks it'll make a good battle cry, in which case, yeah, you got me there.)

Why was the picture of the front of the bus in Odessa, Texas from June 13 of the previous year on Erica's tablet ?  Other than what was supposed to be a cool transition but just came across as lame.

Yeah, that transition completely took me out of the show, too. Bad move, editors!

• Love 3

I think the episode was great (even though it was a tad bit draggy) I mean , I'm happy that Heroes is airing again. I've waited for this since it got cancelled and I'll never stop supporting this series (even if the CGI is bad and there might be some errors in the script/location)

Anyway, I was also wondering and I hope Miko Otomo is still alive coz she's such a cool character. I actually had a crazy thought that Hiro was Miko's father , lol !

And I hope and pray the old Heroes characters show up, especially Claire, Peter, Sylar . They have been a really important component for the Heroes franchise

• Love 3

I'm calling it now and saying that HRG somwhow caused the explosion at Odessa and kills Claire because he came back in time to stop it etc. That's why he wanted his mind wiped and why he wanted his friend to kill him. I'll bet anything that we see another pair of Hiro and Noah and they will figure out what went wrong.

Edited by rtms77
  • Love 2

When Ren and Miko were in that coffee shop trying to figure out where the Eternal Fortress was, and Miko draws that logo she saw in Evernow so that Ren can look it up online only to discover that it was the logo of Renautus.  But they had just come from a Renautus facility in Midian, Colorado -- so how did they know to go to this different facility based solely on the logo ?  And how did neither of them recognize Renautus' logo immediately ?  That was pretty stupid.

It wasn't Renautus' logo (that's a stylized R, this was a stylized e (or maybe a sideways power symbol?)) it was the logo of their research division. So the building they went to was probably Renautus' R&D headquarters, and the building they were in before was their corporate headquarters. They probably wouldn't recognize internal logos in the company because they likely aren't used for marketing.

Ren proclaiming his love for Miko was unnecessary, and a lilttle awkward.  And why does Ren keep shouting "Leroy Jenkins" while inside Evernow -- WTF ?

Leeroy Jenkins is a meme. In a World of Warcraft video that went viral a while back a guild is planning a very difficult raid while one of the members, Leeroy Jenkins, is away from the keyboard. Immediately upon returning to his computer Leeroy charges in without knowing the plan yelling "LEEEEEEEROY JENKINS!" His guildmates are subsequently all slaughtered because of Leeroy's impatience and impulsivity. It's become somewhat of a nerd battle cry now, especially when facing impossible odds.

It's just Heroes trying to be funny. I stress the word trying.

And why would Luke have been trying to buy soda if he was about to kill himself ?  Couldn't commit suicide on an empty stomach ?  Last meal ?

It wasn't for him it was for Melina. He saw her trying to rob the vending machine, she was obviously hungry, and also probably scared Luke saw her use her powers. By using his powers he both said "I'm an Evo too, so you don't need to worry about me seeing you use your powers" and also gave her a drink. If you notice he doesn't even take the drink even though it does dispense, he just gives her a smile and walks by.

Miko and Ren suddenly both speak English -- how convenient ?  Could have saved the audience a lot of time by ditching all the unnecessary subtitles up until this point.

I guess. But they are Japanese. Hiro and Ando both spoke in Japanese when they were with just with each other, only switching to English when they were talking to the other characters in the earlier seasons. It makes more sense for them to converse in their native tongue.

How exactly could Phoebe choke someone to death with shadows ?  Let alone shred him from the inside.    And to do that to her own brother was pretty shitty.

They're clearly not just shadows, they have some kind of tangibility since she can use them to hold his gun down too. It also seems like she can absorb power in pretty much all its forms, if she's shoving raw power into his mouth I don't think it's all that unbelievable that it would shred his insides. It was a bitch move to be sure to do that to her brother who was desperately trying to save her.

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 1

Why must the world saving always involve teenagers?  Malina is mostly OK even if she is a very poor copy of Aang but Tommy seems to be getting worse.  You never have to sit in coach or wait in line so what are you whining about?  Plus being able to whisk women away to foreign cities has to be the greatest first date move in history.

Also, of the popular heroes in media today only one (Spidey) is often portrayed as a teen.  Compelling stories that appeal to all ages don't need to involve a kid.

• Love 2

"You did good, buddy." Sorry, don't think the show has killed itself yet. Still too much withholding, obviously. And Luke hasn't really moped enough for what he's done, and his belief that Tommy won't remember him is insane. 

The new show won't be bad like the first show until it starts whipping out set after set of catastrophes then bringing back the same heroes and villains to save the world, even if they have to reset their personalities again, and again, and one more time, just for old times' sake. Random new faces randomly killed off are not the drama the old show thought they were either.

"You did good, buddy." Sorry, don't think the show has killed itself yet. Still too much withholding, obviously. And Luke hasn't really moped enough for what he's done, and his belief that Tommy won't remember him is insane.

That's a problem seeing as how this show is halfway through the series.  As for Luke moping, yeah, it's a complete waste of Zachary Levi.

The new show won't be bad like the first show until it starts whipping out set after set of catastrophes then bringing back the same heroes and villains to save the world, even if they have to reset their personalities again, and again, and one more time, just for old times' sake. Random new faces randomly killed off are not the drama the old show thought they were either.

It's a 13 episode series so that won't be possible.  As for the deaths, plenty of characters have already randomly died (The Haitian after only 1 scene, Molly after 2-3 episodes, etc.)

Still, this series is already problematic already, so much feels like filler and stalling, Kring and the writers are struggling to fill out a short order series.

I just hope we're through with Katana Girl and Evermore, because boy that was stupid. I don't have any confidence we won't see them again though.

The Daily Show had a mock title card for this show last night and renamed it "Heroes Rehashed." That's actually a more accurate title.

• Love 6

Just a question and they may have covered this on the actual show and I missed it but: What happened to Lyle? I know HRG is all about his Claire-Bear. I knew that from the first go-around and it's just as bad this time. But did he mind-wipe himself to forget that he also has a son? No one ever cares about Lyle, do they? Did he die at the Odessa explosion too? Did he disappear with HRG's ex-wife? Poor Lyle. No one seems to care about the poor kid. (Okay, I guess that was a few questions.)

• Love 4

I think Lyle is probably living with a very elderly Mr. Muggles far away from all this nonsense. But I'd love it if he turned out to have bombed the summit as revenge against his father for favoring his sister and not giving a shit about him.

When Quentin died, I expected to feel something, but it turned out that I cared about him just as much as HRG cares about Lyle. I think I still care a bit about Hiro, but I'm kind of expecting him to bite it soon, too. Death for everyone!

• Love 3

The Daily Show had a mock title card for this show last night and renamed it "Heroes Rehashed." That's actually a more accurate title.

It's definitely more accurate because this isn't a rebirth in the slightest.

When Quentin died, I expected to feel something, but it turned out that I cared about him just as much as HRG cares about Lyle. I think I still care a bit about Hiro, but I'm kind of expecting him to bite it soon, too. Death for everyone!

We were supposed to, hence the overdramatic death scene that was ultimately hollow and lacks any sort of impact it was going for.

• Love 1

I think Lyle is probably living with a very elderly Mr. Muggles far away from all this nonsense. But I'd love it if he turned out to have bombed the summit as revenge against his father for favoring his sister and not giving a shit about him.

I want this so badly now. Especially Mr. Muggles. He survived so much, he has to still be out there, watching the hot bitches of the Westminster dog show and still being pampered like the prince he is.

• Love 2

An improvement from last week at least, mainly because of the Noah/Hiro reunion and the fact that there is actually advancement in the plot.  I still think they shouldn't have dicked around this long, but whatever, I guess Tim Kring can't help himself.

I was indifferent to Miko and I still think the actress was charming, but I'm fine if her death is permanent because it would be a good "anyone can go!" kind of deal, plus it was her stupid fault for rushing Noah for no reason, and letting Harris Prime get away.  Way to just charge in there, Miko, and not asses the situation.  I don't even think Noah was pointing the gun at her, and he clearly wasn't hostile, but just seemed confused.  I'm sure things would have been much easier for the "heroes", if they didn't have to deal with him and his numerous clones.

Tommy and Emily in France was cliched, and Tommy was being a dolt, but whatever.  I find them likable enough, so I'm somewhat invested in them.

Unlike Luke.  Sorry, Zachary Levi, but Luke just sucks.  He is so dull, and I'm not sure why I'm suppose to feel bad for him.  And pairing him with this Malina character, doesn't seem like it will be changing my mind anytime soon.

Carlos is a dumbass.  I'm almost rooting for Evil Dylan Bruce at this point.  At least he has proxy cool points for being on Orphan Black and getting to make-out with Tatiana Maslany.

Curious to see how going back in time plays out, but I totally think it's going to end up that Noah actually did more harm then good, and that's why he had his memory wiped.  That tends to be the case any time someone time travels on TV.

Just a question and they may have covered this on the actual show and I missed it but: What happened to Lyle? I know HRG is all about his Claire-Bear. I knew that from the first go-around and it's just as bad this time. But did he mind-wipe himself to forget that he also has a son? No one ever cares about Lyle, do they? Did he die at the Odessa explosion too? Did he disappear with HRG's ex-wife? Poor Lyle. No one seems to care about the poor kid. (Okay, I guess that was a few questions.)

Not to mention HRG's current fiance - I'm not sure how many hours/days have passed since the beginning of the show, but they just dropped her as if the Haitian wiped the show's mind. RIP Haitian.

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 1

Can't say Quentin's death particularly effected me other than me going Phoebe that was cold... Also I really hate the convention that says people in this show can't ever explain WHY they're doing anything they're doing.

Phoebe for instance could have told Quentin that she was trying to save the world by... whatever stupid plan she's participating in. Providing me with some actual answers to what these corporate EVO's are doing and some semi realistic human moments.

*sigh* I hate being yanked about by poor dialogue choices.

Edited by wayne67
  • Love 5

I thought that was atrocious, the writing, the acting, the cgi, the production. I really feel embarrassed for everyone concerned with this production. I'm debating whether it's worth it to slog through this just to see the ending they have in mind. And this is from someone who stuck with the original series to the bitter end. 

• Love 4

This was better but the dialogue is still ridiculous. The CGI was pretty bad, but I alwayss handwave that kind of stuff with TV budgets. I liked seeing Hiro and with any luck, Miko and Ren are gone forever. I did laugh at Miko's lack of feeling when Ren pronounced his love for her, but she is just a video game character after all. I hate Malina's face when she's using her powers.

I have a feeling whatever happened in Odessa is going to be a letdown for viewers.

I liked seeing Hiro and with any luck, Miko and Ren are gone forever. I did laugh at Miko's lack of feeling when Ren pronounced his love for her, but she is just a video game character after all. I hate Malina's face when she's using her powers.

I have a feeling whatever happened in Odessa is going to be a letdown for viewers.

Personally, there is only one version of Hiro that I liked, and it was Future Hiro and not present Hiro. It does look like we may be getting that version of Hiro, but I am not holding my breath. As with Ren and Miko, I hope that the Evernow storyline is done with and we don't have to watch any more awful video game scenes. Personally, I feel like by the end of this series the real Miko will probably be saved from her car crash and will meet Ren (for the first time), but Ren will probably screw it up by telling her all about this alternate reality where she died and her father programmed a video game version of her. 

As with the predicting the next episode,  I  do wonder if Mrs. Petrelli  had anything to do with the explosion (personally I won't put that past her and I have no idea why she was ever considered to be a good guy)? We are supposed to see Mohinder and her next week (according to the previews), but I am not sure if they died in the explosion and why people considered Mohinder a terrorist?

• Love 2

It usually is, but with this series, I don't really have much to care about, all it has left is to trot out the old characters that agreed to return but even then it's not worth all this padding/filler just to get the flimsiest bit of nostalgia.

• Love 1

The 'I know' from Miko (as I'm sure has been said already) was a Star Wars reference. Rather like 'As you wish' from the Princess Bride, what they say and what they mean are two different things. She was saying she loved him too.

Which would be sweet, if I gave a damn.

I think the "real" Miko is going to show up in Odessa. I'm interested in what we will see, but not holding my breath for anything spectacular.

Yes Carlos was a dumbass. I have thought from the start that he's an evo himself - he seemed to have a Sylaresque hearing and intuition when repairing cars. If not, then the priest and his nephew were far more interesting. Though the concept of an Evo prison requiring anyone who entered to be an evo is kind of intriguing. Just not Carlos.

Lucas and Malina had the most painfully convoluted meet cute ever. Her manipulating powers face is far worse than Hiro's constipation face. 

• Love 1

Did I miss a scene at the end of last week? I did not remember that Bennett had Harris captive or that they knew Renautus had Hiro locked away somewhere. That's not a joke about how boring last week was, I'm honestly wondering if there was a scene cut online (I didn't watch live last week or this week). 

Finally, we get Hiro! I really enjoyed the interaction between him and Bennett, although I don't remember them being chummy at the end of the first series so it would be interesting to know what happened in between then and now. I'm surprised Hiro agreed to take him back in time at all- surely Hiro remembers what happened in Odessa and could have told him about it. I know that's not nearly as cool, but would have made more sense than saying "no, I shouldn't take you back...ok, sure I'll take you back, but don't step on any butterflies." 

They have really wasted Zach Levi. Wow. I was so excited for him to be part of this and his character has been really very boring. And not just boring, annoying too. They should have done a lot more with him. 

I'm guessing Miko will turn up again somehow. Maybe not right away, but I'll be surprised if she's gone for good. She still has Hiro's sword, right? 

I'm bummed about Quentin dying, especially since Phoebe killed him. He wasn't great on this show, but I really liked both him and Phoebe in Dark Matters, so I was hoping we'd get to see that Quentin at some point. I was also hoping he'd save his sister and they'd end the series happily. Instead, Phoebe decides to kill him because of something some lady she barely knows has told her. Doesn't even bother trying to explain to her brother what's going on, just kills him. So, Phoebe sucks. I'm also not sure what having the power over shadow (or whatever the hell she does) has to do with blocking other heroes from using their abilities. 

Tommy and Emily were kind of boring this week, aside from the comic book he gets. Nice little shout out to Isaac. I'm wondering who the woman standing next to Nathan/Tommy on the cover was- maybe Erica? I'm guessing we'll see the comic book storyline play out at some point. 

I used to be interesting in Malina but now her story is dragging a lot too. I'd like more information about where and how she grew up and why Renautus thinks she's a baby/child. Maybe next episode, since it seems we'll be going a year into the past (previews for the coming week aren't shown at the end of the online episodes, so I'm just guessing that's what's coming next week). 

Carlos is still boring. And really stupid to drink something given to him by a very untrustworthy person. Unfortunately, he probably won't die from it though I sure wouldn't miss him if he did. He, more than anyone else, seems like he is on a completely different show. I get what they're trying to do with his story- that ordinary people can be heroes too, even in this world full of evos- but the way they're executing it really seems like it has nothing to do with anything else. 

• Love 4

They have really wasted Zach Levi. Wow. I was so excited for him to be part of this and his character has been really very boring. And not just boring, annoying too. They should have done a lot more with him.

I know, his casting was the one I was the most excited about from the new characters and halfway through the series it's just bleh.  I mostly don't care about the new characters: we got Carlos doing a low rent Iron man wannabe, Miko's terrible graphics, Tommy started out with some promise and is just stalling with his uninteresting problems, etc.

• Love 3

Carlos is still boring. And really stupid to drink something given to him by a very untrustworthy person. Unfortunately, he probably won't die from it though I sure wouldn't miss him if he did. He, more than anyone else, seems like he is on a completely different show. I get what they're trying to do with his story- that ordinary people can be heroes too, even in this world full of evos- but the way they're executing it really seems like it has nothing to do with anything else.

He seems like he's on a composite different universe. And drinking that stuff? How idiotically could he be? I hate when they have characters act stupid just to further the plot. Though I'm not emotionally invested in any of these characters.
  • Love 3

I was very surprised that Phoebe would kill her own brother, who has always supported her, just because some lady gave her a purpose.  I was really suspecting that we'd see some crack in "evil Phoebe" that showed she was still redeemable, but I can't imagine how she could be redeemed now after killing her brother, without any moment of hesitation.  Unless, of course, she gets 'redeemed' because she never goes bad because HRG and Hiro "fix" things.

Carlos is too stupid to live.  Please just get rid of him.

Luke is too boring to live.  If it wasn't Zach Levi, I'd vote to get rid of him too.  As it is, I am hoping desperately that his character gets better written.

Ok, I did chuckle with the first Leeeeroy Jennnkinns! reference, but WoW (lol), it is old (and so am I apparently).  Is it still around?  I almost have to wonder if newer players would ever really get the reference.

So are we doomed to relive the Odessa summit several times while HRG an Hiro  fix things?  I suppose that's one way to bring back dead and seemingly unredeemable characters.

Ok, I did chuckle with the first Leeeeroy Jennnkinns! reference, but WoW (lol), it is old (and so am I apparently).  Is it still around?  I almost have to wonder if newer players would ever really get the reference.

Some people have, it's a dated reference though, especially when you use it more than once.

So are we doomed to relive the Odessa summit several times while HRG an Hiro  fix things?  I suppose that's one way to bring back dead and seemingly unredeemable characters.

I guess since we're supposed to have flashback episodes to the incident.

Carlos is too stupid to live.  Please just get rid of him.

Luke is too boring to live.  If it wasn't Zach Levi, I'd vote to get rid of him too.  As it is, I am hoping desperately that his character gets better written.

The new characters just aren't interesting and the ones who did have potential were completely squandered with the bad writing.

I was very surprised that Phoebe would kill her own brother, who has always supported her, just because some lady gave her a purpose.  I was really suspecting that we'd see some crack in "evil Phoebe" that showed she was still redeemable, but I can't imagine how she could be redeemed now after killing her brother, without any moment of hesitation.  Unless, of course, she gets 'redeemed' because she never goes bad because HRG and Hiro "fix" things.

I would bet that this whole thing will be fixed by Hiro and HRG going back in time (let's all face it, it's Heroes and it's, IMO, fixing things by time travel is a  tried and true staple of the whole series). Although, I won't put it pass Kring and the other writers for them to try to make Phoebe redeemable without going back in time. I mean they already want us to believe that Luke, Levi's character, is redeemable because he found out he had the power to get really hot and to make things catch on fire. Before that he didn't even hesitate to go on a mass murder spree with his wife (who seems really trigger happy, btw), and he was perfectly happy to shot up a room full of incident people, who probably weren't even evos. 

As with Carlos, well yes he is dumb but I was wondering, if his brother was an evo, and his nephew is an evo too, then is he an evo? It seems that if you even have one parent you and all of your siblings are evos and have power. Then why didn't we see Carlos' power? Maybe he isn't Oscar's real brother (like what if Carlos or Oscar was adopted), or maybe his power is stupidity?

Then again, IMO, once you raise up the question that the evo gene/power is genetically inherited (and I think that this was confirmed multiple times on the old Heroes series and in this one), so another question is this; if your mother's power was Pyrokinesis and your father's power was flying, then wouldn't you end up with either or powers? IMO, it would make more sense if Claire ended up having Pyrokinesis and/or flying (and if she had both then she would technically be a female version of  Johnny Storm) than being immortal/Rapid Cell Regeneration (which is what the show's universe calls her powers)? then again this is Heroes, so, IMO, I guess this idea actually didn't cross any of the writers' and  Kring's minds.

Edited by TVSpectator

I don't think that the next two episodes should be thought merely as a flashback.  Hiro agreed to return to the past with Noah and fix whatever damage Erica caused by stealing his time powers.  (Hiro did tell Noah not to step on any butterflies, but that could be referring to going beyond their mission parameters.  By the way, I can't remember - did HRG ever travel in time during the original series?)

Also, the press releases for both the two June 13th episodes have Francesca Eastwood (Molly) as a guest star, part two has Henry Zebrowksi (Quentin) as also starring, and some version of Miko in Japan.  I think that at least Quentin will survive in the present due to time changing in the past, and it's possible that Molly and the real Miko may as well.

Edited by bagert

I don't think that the next two episodes should be thought merely as a flashback.  Hiro agreed to return to the past with Noah and fix whatever damage Erica caused by stealing his time powers.  (Hiro did tell Noah not to step on any butterflies, but that could be referring to going beyond their mission parameters.  By the way, I can't remember - did HRG ever travel in time during the original series?)

I don't remember HRG and Hiro interacting as much as they are now, both of them were usually stuck in their own storylines (HRG usually with Claire and the Petrellis, Hiro usually with Ando).  But you are right about the episode, it also involves Hiro's time travel, so it can also work as a retcon episode depending on who might come back.

• Love 1
Shouldn't you have spoiled that?

My understanding is that press releases and other things such as promotional photos released by the studio or the network are not considered spoilers.

• Love 1

Then again, IMO, once you raise up the question that the evo gene/power is genetically inherited (and I think that this was confirmed multiple times on the old Heroes series and in this one), so another question is this; if your mother's power was Pyrokinesis and your father's power was flying, then wouldn't you end up with either or powers? IMO, it would make more sense if Claire ended up having Pyrokinesis and/or flying (and if she had both then she would technically be a female version of  Johnny Storm) than being immortal/Rapid Cell Regeneration (which is what the show's universe calls her powers)? then again this is Heroes, so, IMO, I guess this idea actually didn't cross any of the writers' and  Kring's minds.

Some powers (the triplets Niki(Jessica)/Tracy/Never Seen Barbara) were engineered. I believe Nathan's power was also engineered but Peter's wasn't. I don't think it was ever said if Claire's mom's firestarter power was, but her brother was always a human flamethrower so I'm guessing hers was natural. That was part of Season 3, I think. 

• Love 1

Some powers (the triplets Niki(Jessica)/Tracy/Never Seen Barbara) were engineered. I believe Nathan's power was also engineered but Peter's wasn't. I don't think it was ever said if Claire's mom's firestarter power was, but her brother was always a human flamethrower so I'm guessing hers was natural. That was part of Season 3, I think. 

I thought that Nathan's powers (a.k.a. Claire's biological father) wasn't engineered, but natural (like his brother's powers). Now, if you were talking about Mohinder, then yes he did tried  engineering powers for himself and instead turn himself into some kind of bug, and Peter came to the recuse. 

From Wikipedia: It is revealed that Dr. Zimmerman created a synthetic variation of the code and imbued certain newborns (Nathan, Tracy and her siblings being amongst them) with abilities.