Type keyword(s) to search

Hmmm?: Blind Item Speculation

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

The sports league jumping the line for the vaccine is apparently the NHL.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nhl-planning-private-purchase-of-covid-19-vaccine-011408607.html

"The league also is adamant they would not jump the line to do so."

Uh huh, then why do they need to make a private purchase? If everyone is going to wait their turn, then they'll be able to get the vaccine from their doctor, or wherever just like everyone else in the catagory they fall into. Why does the NHL need to make a large private purchase if everyone in the league is already covered? They're jumping the line.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, GaT said:

"The league also is adamant they would not jump the line to do so."

Uh huh, then why do they need to make a private purchase? If everyone is going to wait their turn, then they'll be able to get the vaccine from their doctor, or wherever just like everyone else in the catagory they fall into. Why does the NHL need to make a large private purchase if everyone in the league is already covered? They're jumping the line.

At this point, there isn't any for private purchase; every available vial has been spoken for.  Of course, somehow, I suppose there will be a black market springing up, but it is a very bad look for the NHL to announce they're in the market for any 'spare' vaccine.  It is going to be a minimum of 6 months before anyone could expect to obtain vaccine privately from legit sources.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

going to be a minimum of 6 months before anyone could expect to obtain vaccine privately from legit sources.

I've got a spare sawbuck that says we see a Cat 3 or higher vapid entertainer or useless athlete celebutante Instagramming/Tik Tokking their CV19 vaccination, well before the general population is anywhere close to getting one.

• Love 6

A couple of new ones courtesy of Enty:

This OG Office villain didn't think at the beginning of the year that he would see to live the end of it, but a year inside has actually been good for his health and the cancer that was threatening his life last Christmas is now in remission.

If they say "OG", do they mean the British version?  I hadn't seen that.

This A- list former Disney actress/current meth user is on a bender for the ages and threatened this couple that she was going to make them her prisoner. It is beyond strange. Oh, and that was in a gas station parking lot.

Speaking of back in the day popular foreign born artists, this one named former A lister solo and in a group, fired his housekeeper when she asked for time off. He brags about this. He doesn't brag about the last time a housekeeper asked for a raise, he called ICE and tried to have them deported. He assumed they were undocumented. He was wrong. She sued him and won six figures.

And finally:

The reason this foreign born B+ singer who all of you know because of marriage, hasn't had success since his initial record, is because he got all those songs from a guy he knew who died of AIDS. Our singer met him through the guy our singer was sleeping with at the time. The songs were originally slated to go to a different singer, but he didn't like them.

• Useful 2

I'm going to guess re the 2nd BI that this may be Lindsey Lohan but I wonder how this would have managed not to have made the news since threats and unlawful imprisonment ARE criminal acts therefore public record. All I can think of is that somehow the poor couple opted not to press charges. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, magicdog said:

Speaking of back in the day popular foreign born artists, this one named former A lister solo and in a group, fired his housekeeper when she asked for time off. He brags about this. He doesn't brag about the last time a housekeeper asked for a raise, he called ICE and tried to have them deported. He assumed they were undocumented. He was wrong. She sued him and won six figures.

I am thinking possibly Morrissey for this one. I know he lived in LA for awhile and he is very vocal about being anti-immigration and has some really racist views.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Does Harry Styles live in the US?  What are the British laws about undocumented workers?

I don't think Harry Styles can be described as "back in the day" artist as he's not even 30 and he also had two Billboard Top 10 hits this year, 

Morissey is a good one. He strikes me as being a pretty mean person.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I don't think Harry Styles can be described as "back in the day" artist as he's not even 30 and he also had two Billboard Top 10 hits this year, 

Morissey is a good one. He strikes me as being a pretty mean person.

Again, what are the British laws about undocumented workers?

On 12/19/2020 at 9:34 AM, Blergh said:

I'm going to guess re the 2nd BI that this may be Lindsey Lohan but I wonder how this would have managed not to have made the news since threats and unlawful imprisonment ARE criminal acts therefore public record. All I can think of is that somehow the poor couple opted not to press charges. 

I was thinking Amanda Bynes. 

• Useful 3

Speaking of back in the day popular foreign born artists, this one named former A lister solo and in a group, fired his housekeeper when she asked for time off. He brags about this. He doesn't brag about the last time a housekeeper asked for a raise, he called ICE and tried to have them deported. He assumed they were undocumented. He was wrong. She sued him and won six figures.

Sting?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Phil Collins?

2 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Oh right, Amanda Bynes was Nickelodeon, wasn’t she?

Yep. 

That BI sounds out there enough that it could be something Lindsay Lohan did. I've always felt bad that she ended up with two really dysfunctional parents which didn't bode well for her adult life.

• Love 4

Wasn't Disney the producing studio for a lot of series, at least at one time?     So Disney production could be the production company, but not shown on their network.   

I'm thinking of some other actresses that have had issues in the past, but were on Disney produced regular TV series. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Wasn't Disney the producing studio for a lot of series, at least at one time?     So Disney production could be the production company, but not shown on their network.   

They might have been though I am pretty sure they kept it mostly for themselves on the kid show front but they didn’t produce any of Amanda’s shows.

Edited by biakbiak
59 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Bono? That'd be particularly ironic given the general message of U2 music, but he wouldn't be the first hypocrite. 

It mentions the singer also had a solo career. Bono's never had a solo career. 

It also talks about the artist's popularity "back in the day", and U2's still got a steady fanbase and are still an active group. 

• Love 3

New year, a few new blinds courtesy of Entertainment Lawyer:

It isn't all that often you get an actress who starts off doing Disney as a teen and then ends up doing what might be one of the more R rated pay cable shows which is super popular and long running. Anyway, our actress is trying to do damage control. She was a leader in this megachurch with multiple worldwide locations, most of which are in Los Angeles (not Hillsong - not Scientology) and saw a lot of bad things. She saw people being banned for speaking up about the sexual assaults and harassment. Our actress did nothing. The people being banned were friends and family. She did nothing. She knows now it is a cult. She was treated well while she was there so ignored it all. She didn't want things to happen to her that happened to others that were banned or left. She was complicit, but wants forgiveness now.

This band has existed for years and is still releasing new material. They do not associate themselves with any one genre but are closely associated with two particular genres which peaked in popularity several decades ago. They have operated a revolving door lineup since their foundation but a couple of members have remained constant. These members are related. One of them was noted for their distinctive, mildly controversial appearance. They are US based but are far more popular in Europe, where they maintain a cult following to this day. One of the band's most devoted followers is the foreign born permanent A- singer. The singer has been vocal about the band's influence on him and has even been namechecked by the band in one of their songs. He was a teenager at the time of their peak in his home country and like many teenagers, he followed the band up and down the country. However, he took his obsession one step further by sneaking into restaurants the band had been eating in and collecting their uneaten leftovers to preserve at home.

Sounds like someone should dial it back a little!

Reader Blind: This iconic permanent A list team had a couple members that stayed the course throughout their career but also had several members who either passed away or left. The second member to pass away was in fact a founding member who left before they got big to pursue his own acting career then came back to replace another member. Prior to his funeral, the other members of the group took his corpse and threw a farewell party/wake. This involved the three favorite pastimes of the performer - drinking (which played a part in his death), gambling, and prostitutes. In fact, during the evening which got wilder and wilder, a hooker did engage in a sexual act with the performer's body.

May I just say, "Ick!"

This foreign born permanent A+ list singer from a permanent A+ list group settled another sexual harassment claim against him. This is the third I know of from 2020 which is about average. Considering the dozens of women he harasses and molests each year, he gets off pretty easy and no one ever publicly calls him out.

• Useful 3

Here's a few more - courtesy of Entertainment Lawyer:

This A- list mostly television actress all of you know, and has had multiple issues in the past with her choice of boyfriend and substance abuse, is hooking up with a married politician.

This never publicly acknowledged offspring of this foreign born permanent A+ list musician from a permanent A+ list band, recently died of a drug overdose. The musician paid for everything for the offspring growing up, but was never close to the offspring.

This one is sad - not just because of the death but because if the baby daddy had taken more of an interest in his life, maybe the OD wouldn't have happened.

The former A list child actor is being called out to finally talk about his former publicist sexually abusing underage boys. The actor won't though because he got paid to not talk about it.

I'm tempted to say Corey Feldman but there are so many victims in Hollywood, it just too easily be someone else.

This political consultant/frequent cable news contributor is enjoying his new found fame. So many men want to work for him now, that he picks and chooses to employ. The ones he chooses are the ones who sleep with him.

This billionaire, who has never been mentioned in this space before and made a great deal of his money in the entertainment business, but has worked for the company that started out rating women, has several photos and video clips of this A+ list male politician (not a Senator) dressing as a woman. The billionaire also enjoys doing it.

From the, "They never learn" department:

This alliterate B+ list NBA player is "dating" a 16 year old who is still in high school, but often does Zoom classes from his house.

Bad Band Behavior:

#1 - During the shooting of a music video a decade ago, this A- list singer who moonlights as an actor was wasted on drugs and sexually assaulted this, at the time 14 year old who is now a B+ list actress, most well known for being a lead on a couple season show that ended not that long ago.

#2 - While touring Mexico a couple of decades ago, this permanent A++ list guitarist beat a groupie nearly to death after she refused to orally service him.

#3 - This former A+ list singer in an A+ list group used to out students in a southern University if they wouldn't sleep with him when he wanted them too.

#4 - A very hard one for you. This first wave A- list band who uses two words and combines them into one (which is not actually a word) used to find female groupies who had their boyfriend with them. They would get the guy drunk until he passed out and then tie him up. When he would wake up, he would be watching one or all of the members of the band having sex with his girlfriend.

YIKES!

Edited by magicdog
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, magicdog said:

This political consultant/frequent cable news contributor is enjoying his new found fame. So many men want to work for him now, that he picks and chooses to employ. The ones he chooses are the ones who sleep with him.

Steve Kornacki

On 1/8/2021 at 2:56 PM, magicdog said:

t isn't all that often you get an actress who starts off doing Disney as a teen and then ends up doing what might be one of the more R rated pay cable shows which is super popular and long running. Anyway, our actress is trying to do damage control. She was a leader in this megachurch with multiple worldwide locations, most of which are in Los Angeles (not Hillsong - not Scientology) and saw a lot of bad things. She saw people being banned for speaking up about the sexual assaults and harassment. Our actress did nothing. The people being banned were friends and family. She did nothing. She knows now it is a cult. She was treated well while she was there so ignored it all. She didn't want things to happen to her that happened to others that were banned or left. She was complicit, but wants forgiveness now.

Damn, I thought this was Elisabeth Moss until I read that this specifically wasn't Scientology. Her career started off with Disney in Escape to Witch Mountain, and she made her fame in r-rated prestige shows. 

33 minutes ago, magicdog said:

Who do you think the now 20 something victim is?

My first thought was Zendaya or Hailee Steinfield, but Zendaya's career is total A-list right now while Hailee Steinfield is best known for her Oscar nominated work in True Grit as a child. Hailey Baldwin was a good contender, as she dated him when she was 18 and it's said they met when she was 14, but she doesn't fit the actress part.

Looking at former child stars that are now in their early/mid-20's, I'd say Bella Thorne fits it the most to me. She was famous enough circa 2010-2011 that she could have gotten an invite to meet Drake, and she's definitely not an A-list actress. She's still best known for Shake It Up but she's now like Lindsay Lohan in the sense that she's famous for being famous.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

My first thought was Zendaya or Hailee Steinfield, but Zendaya's career is total A-list right now while Hailee Steinfield is best known for her Oscar nominated work in True Grit as a child. Hailey Baldwin was a good contender, as she dated him when she was 18 and it's said they met when she was 14, but she doesn't fit the actress part.

Looking at former child stars that are now in their early/mid-20's, I'd say Bella Thorne fits it the most to me. She was famous enough circa 2010-2011 that she could have gotten an invite to meet Drake, and she's definitely not an A-list actress.

We could narrow it down to Zendaya and Thorne - both happened to be co-stars on "Shake it Up" on Disney Channel (2010-2013) and IMO Zendaya is more of an A- or B+ (I only give her that for her Spiderman role).  Did either of them appear in Drake's music video?  Or any music video?

9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

My first thought was Zendaya or Hailee Steinfield, but Zendaya's career is total A-list right now while Hailee Steinfield is best known for her Oscar nominated work in True Grit as a child.

I'd say that's mostly true, but not totally, IMO. Yes, Steinfield hasn't topped an Oscar nomination, but she had a Golden Globe nom in 2016, and has had a big career upswing recently. Her name can't singlehandedly open a movie or front a project, but she's in high profile ones nonetheless. 

And between her early and current acting success, she had a semi-successful music career.

So I COULD see a gossip blind referring to her as either A List or B+. She could be shoehorned into either description.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

Right, but the item said specifically that the B-list actress is best known for being the lead of a tv show that ran a few seasons and ended not that long ago, which doesn't apply to Hailee Steinfeld. She does currently have a tv show in Apple so who knows. I also thought of Victoria Justice, Demi Lovato, Alyson Stoner, or Keke Palmer but they're slightly too old- they would have been more like 17-18. I do think whoever it was, it was a child star that was 14ish somewhere around 2009-2012 who is still best known for their show. (So basically a starlet that was born from about 1995 to 1998.) Disney or Nickelodeon Star feels the most likely, with them still being best known for it. Another possibility is Dove Cameron? Or possibly a network tv show, so maybe Ariel Winter or Kaitlyn Dever? I don't think it's someone who starred in a music video with the rapist, but a teenage fan who was being texted by the star and was invited to watch the filming. Sorta similar to how Drake texted Millie Bobby Brown when she was 14 like he was her big brother.

• Love 2

The hits just keep on coming!

Bad Band Behavior - One Hit Wonder Version

#1 - This one hit wonder 90's band with a song based on something iconic, once stole a horse and the horse repaid them by kicking one of the drunk band members and breaking their arm.

#2 - This one hit wonder made their fame on a song, pretty much everyone hates. They broke in the late 90's. After playing at a club in Washington, D.C., two of the group bought heroin, and shot up at a local park at 3 a.m. They were then robbed and stripped naked.

#3 - This female singer had a very very early 80's hit. She blew through all her money on coke and had three or four nose reconstructions in the decade after her monster hit.

#4 - A little bit of a curveball here. This male singer is not really known for singing. He is A+ list outside of singing, but managed to get one hit. It was pretty awful, but it was a hit. His big kink is having his female significant other force him to orally service other guys.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Rick Springfield for #4 ? 

He's had plenty of hits and is considered a singer more than actor (though he's done plenty of both).  I'm thinking Eddie Murphy.  He recorded "Party All The Time" back in the 80s and he's got a rep for kinky stuff.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, magicdog said:

A little bit of a curveball here. This male singer is not really known for singing. He is A+ list outside of singing, but managed to get one hit. It was pretty awful, but it was a hit. His big kink is having his female significant other force him to orally service other guys.

Don Johnson?

• Love 1

Since he made the celeb news recently for refusing to wear a mask I thought Bruce Willis might be #4. He had a song that went to #5 which was a cover of the song “Respect Yourself” in the late 80's during his time on Moonlighting and not long before the first Die Hard came out. It would make a bit of sense as to why a blind item like this could be about him right about now.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Since he made the celeb news recently for refusing to wear a mask I thought Bruce Willis might be #4. He had a song that went to #5 which was a cover of the song “Respect Yourself” in the late 80's during his time on Moonlighting and not long before the first Die Hard came out. It would make a bit of sense as to why a blind item like this could be about him right about now.

Especially since he isn't living with his female significant other, unless they're counting Demi.

1 hour ago, magicdog said:

#4 - A little bit of a curveball here. This male singer is not really known for singing. He is A+ list outside of singing, but managed to get one hit. It was pretty awful, but it was a hit. His big kink is having his female significant other force him to orally service other guys.

Eddie Murphy for "Party All The Time"? 

Edit - okay, someone DID suggest this already... 

Edited by Kromm
2 hours ago, magicdog said:

#3 - This female singer had a very very early 80's hit. She blew through all her money on coke and had three or four nose reconstructions in the decade after her monster hit

Toni Basil. 

I'd say Steve Knicks because she's basically said that she blew a hole into her nasil cavity but this blind item implies that it was her only hit, which would count Stevie Knicks out.

I also thought Kim Carnes is a possibility, but apparently she's not a one-hit wonder- she had a top 10 hit the year before Bette Davis Eyes.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
On 1/16/2021 at 3:11 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Damn, I thought this was Elisabeth Moss until I read that this specifically wasn't Scientology. Her career started off with Disney in Escape to Witch Mountain, and she made her fame in r-rated prestige shows.

Regarding the bolded: The first TV show I know of Elisabeth Moss having a regular, or semi-regular, gig in was NBC’s The West Wing (she played Zoey, the youngest daughter of President Josiah [Jed] Bartlet & his wife, First Lady Dr. Abigail [Abbey] Bartlet), which I wouldn’t necessarily call an R-rated show. Maybe PG-13/TV-14 at best. She then moved on to AMC’s Mad Men, which may be borderline R. Her current Hulu show, The Handmaid’s Tale, I would probably call R-rated though. I would agree all 3 shows are “prestige” shows, however.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To fix screwed up coding, wording and punctuation.
  • Love 2

#3 Quarterflash's Orinda Sue 'Rindy' Ross, perhaps? I have no idea what became of her  after that solitary hit . However, that song was all over the place back in the early 80's- and I kept shouting 'OK, you've said you're going to harden your heart a zillion times already. Just do it or shut up about it! ' 

• LOL 5
16 minutes ago, Blergh said:

#3 Quarterflash's Orinda Sue 'Rindy' Ross, perhaps? I have no idea what became of her  after that solitary hit . However, that song was all over the place back in the early 80's- and I kept shouting 'OK, you've said you're going to harden your heart a zillion times already. Just do it or shut up about it! ' 

I think Quarterflash had more than 1 hit, as well. I recognized at least 4 song titles on their Wikipedia singles discography.

I was gonna say Linda Ronstadt, because I’d heard, multiple times, she had to have her nose reconstructed, apparently multiple times, due to heavy Coke snorting, but she, in no way, can be considered a “one-hit wonder”.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, magicdog said:

#3 - This female singer had a very very early 80's hit. She blew through all her money on coke and had three or four nose reconstructions in the decade after her monster hit.

A few more possibilities for #3:

Teri DeSario - had a hit duet with KC (of The Sunshine Band) "Yes I'm Ready" in 1980

Syreeta Wright - had a hit duet with Billy Preston "With You I'm Born Again" in 1980

Charlene - whose re-release of the 1977 single I've Never Been To Me hit the Top 5 in 1982

I know nothing about their possible drug or medical histories, however.

I was thinking Travolta for #4, due to his cringey 1976 hit "Let Her In" during his Barbarino days, but then I remembered he had hit duets from Grease with ONJ, so the "one hit" part doesn't apply.

Edited by giovannif7
  • Love 2
On 12/23/2020 at 3:13 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Bono? That'd be particularly ironic given the general message of U2 music, but he wouldn't be the first hypocrite. 

Not Bono - he was never a solo act.

• Love 2