Type keyword(s) to search

Hmmm?: Blind Item Speculation

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Are these questions ever answered, or will there always just be speculation? 

Many are answered eventually.  Usually happens when the reveal has enough solid evidence behind it so the publisher can't be sued.  Other times reveals occur after the parties involved have since died.  

Entertainment Lawyer's site has answered blinds .  Some are labeled "Old Hollywood" which touched on scandals from many decades ago.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

And that show streams on Netflix; it doesn't air on commercial or cable TV.

The blind item didn't mention tv, it said she mostly does movies, so that would not rule out streaming shows which most people consider tv anyway.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The blind item didn't mention tv, it said she mostly does movies, so that would not rule out streaming shows which most people consider tv anyway.

I thought it mentioned TV; especially since someone else brought up Grace and Frankie before me. I was just trying to clarify that it's a streaming show & not on a traditional commercial or cable network.

6 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

I thought it mentioned TV; especially since someone else brought up Grace and Frankie before me. I was just trying to clarify that it's a streaming show & not on a traditional commercial or cable network.

Nope.

In her older years, this permanent A list mostly movie actress who is an Academy Award winner seems to be letting her racist impulses get the best of her. A decade ago, no one would have suspected she was racist.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Are these questions ever answered, or will there always just be speculation? 

I rarely pay attention to them, just in case they're false, but from what I've seen, a reveal only happens when it's suddenly big in the news - like Keven Spacey. I checked the site after someone linked to it yesterday, and I think the Spacey one was from 2014. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Anela said:

I rarely pay attention to them, just in case they're false, but from what I've seen, a reveal only happens when it's suddenly big in the news - like Keven Spacey. I checked the site after someone linked to it yesterday, and I think the Spacey one was from 2014. 

Wasn't there a "Blind Item" here, with references pointing to Charlie Sheen as the person involved, just before it was announced Charlie Sheen had been diagnosed with HIV? Then it ended up being about him, just like everyone guessed? I seem to remember there was.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

Wasn't there a "Blind Item" here, with references pointing to Charlie Sheen as the person involved, just before it was announced Charlie Sheen had been diagnosed with HIV? Then it ended up being about him, just like everyone guessed? I seem to remember there was.

I don't know. Yesterday was my first time in this thread. I think I saw it guessed on another forum, though. 

9 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

Yes. 

That's when blind items are more likely to be revealed---if they're dropped as precursors to actual gossip/news in the pipeline as was the case with Sheen.  The BI hit this thread, and other places, about two weeks before he went public.  It's on page 1. 

The TV Blind Items dropped by Ausiello usually get revealed once it becomes official.

But you can also read other blind items and spec that weren't ever "solved." 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, mariah23 said:

Bringing the thread back up because this blind item has been bugging me for weeks!

Classic TV Affair

This could be any show from the '50s to the '90s!

Who do you think it could be?

Well, the clues are pre-1997, “the affair started in the second season and went on for several years,” and “it’s a classic show with a humorous bent. You have certainly seen [it] on cable even if you were too young to watch it when it originally aired.”

John Stamos and Lori Laughlin from Full House?

2 hours ago, editorgrrl said:

John Stamos and Lori Laughlin from Full House?

Stamos wasn't' married during the run of FH, don' know when Lori got married.

I took "humorous bent" to mean that it wasn' necessarily a sitcom.

• Love 2
On 11/13/2017 at 3:27 AM, biakbiak said:

Stamos wasn't' married during the run of FH, don' know when Lori got married.

I took "humorous bent" to mean that it wasn' necessarily a sitcom.

Lori Loughlin was married to her first husband, an executive with Lionsgate, from 1989-1996. She's been married to fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli since 1997; they have 2 daughters, Isabella (Bella) & Olivia.

John was married to model-actress Rebecca Romijn (formerly Romijn-Stamos) from 1998-2005; he's recently engaged (in October this year), for the second time, to Caitlin McHugh.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To correct a name.
On 12/2/2017 at 8:05 PM, BW Manilowe said:

John was married to model-actress Rebecca Romijn (formerly Romijn-Stamos) from 1998-2005; he's recently engaged (in October this year), for the second time, to Rebecca McHugh.

His TV wife and real life wives are all Rebeccas?

• Love 10
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, mariah23 said:

Bringing the thread back up because this blind item has been bugging me for weeks!

Classic TV Affair

This could be any show from the '50s to the '90s!

Who do you think it could be?

My guesses:

Robert Wagner & Stefanie Powers - Hart to Hart or Meredith Baxter & Michael Gross - Family Ties

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

His TV wife and real life wives are all Rebeccas?

Nope. I made a mistake & didn't catch it (& I managed to get it fixed) until I read your post. So, thanks.

Anyway... His TV wife (at least on Full House & Fuller House) & wife #1 were both Rebeccas (but I'm not sure if there's a connection or not). His current fiancée, & expected wife #2 is a Caitlin... & I think about 23 years younger than John; 31 to his 54. I think I had Rebecca on the brain too much writing this post. Sorry!

Edited by BW Manilowe
To fix a tag issue and add a comment.
  • Love 1
On 12/8/2017 at 10:32 PM, Calvada said:

My guesses:

Robert Wagner & Stefanie Powers - Hart to Hart or Meredith Baxter & Michael Gross - Family Ties

I don't think it's Meredith Baxter & Michael Gross. After having something like 4 failed marriages to men (& 5 children, between the 1st 2 marriages), Meredith started her first same-sex relationship in 2002 (which apparently solved the issue with the failed relationships; she had apparently been denying/not realizing her true orientation). She began a relationship with general Contractor Nancy Locke, in 2009; they were married in 2013, & apparently remain married to this day.

• Love 3

New year, time for a new blinds:

From Entertainment Lawyer:

This married A-/B+ list mostly television actor from a very hit pay cable show that does not have many episodes left in its future went on a racist rant at a pap in a foreign country trying to take his photo.

Methinks it's related to GOT, which has one season left before it ends its run.  Which actor though?

This older permanent A list country singer has cancer and has been hiding it for close to two years now. Apparently things have taken a turn for the worse and is not expected to live the rest of the year.

I'm certain this is Willie Nelson.  He's been having health issues and recently his residency in Las Vegas was postponed.

This permanent A+ list mostly movie actor who is an Academy Award winner/nominee had to have his lines read to him via ear piece for his latest movie because he can't memorize even a sentence any longer

This permanent A list singer who is also a permanent A list actress was talking to a couple who had given up their baby for adoption. Out of the blue the actress said that her A- list daughter gave up a child for adoption after she was assaulted by a relative.

Whoa.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, magicdog said:

Methinks it's related to GOT, which has one season left before it ends its run.  Which actor though?

Dinklage? I can't think of any other guy still on the show who is married, mainly TV, and famous enough to be "A-/B+." (Maybe Coster-Waldau, but he does more movies and is less famous, IMO.)

Hasnt there been rumors about Depp not memorizing lines anymore and being fed his lines? I bet it happened in Fantastic Beasts....gah, such a shame he got casted. 

Although the way that blind is written, it makes me think its someone who is older. Maybe Plummer?

• Love 3

Blind Gossip is saying that the New York Times are working on a MASSIVE  (their words) story involving someone who is as big as Harvey Weinstein.  It's somebody with CBS or their companies including Viacom, Nickelodeon, Showtime, etc.

3 hours ago, magicdog said:

This permanent A+ list mostly movie actor who is an Academy Award winner/nominee had to have his lines read to him via ear piece for his latest movie because he can't memorize even a sentence any longer

I'm pretty sure this is Johnny Depp.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SnoGirl said:

Although the way that blind is written, it makes me think its someone who is older. Maybe Plummer?

Plummer is well respected and is having some of his best years but A+ list?  I don't know if he'd be described that way.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, kassygreene said:

I'm pretty sure this is Johnny Depp.

1 hour ago, xaxat said:

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Last year Hollywood Reporter ran a story about his finances (or lack thereof) and behavior on the Pirates set and he sounds like total mess. 

It's Johnny Depp. His former managers have alleged it in their lawsuit against him.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39778178

His finances are a disaster because he has the impulse control of a toddler. Like buying all of the houses in a cul de sac so he can build underground tunnels connecting them or spending millions on a cannon to shoot Hunter S. Thompson's out of it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/johnny-depp-spent-3m-blast-hunter-s-thompsons-ashes-out-n715231

http://www.vulture.com/2017/05/johnny-depps-14-houses-ranked.html

• Love 1
On 1/11/2018 at 7:55 PM, Irlandesa said:

Plummer is well respected and is having some of his best years but A+ list?  I don't know if he'd be described that way.

Plummer is so far ahead of today’s ‘A’ list, Hollywood’s graded on a curve.

• Love 7
On 1/11/2018 at 4:00 PM, magicdog said:

This older permanent A list country singer has cancer and has been hiding it for close to two years now. Apparently things have taken a turn for the worse and is not expected to live the rest of the year.

I'm certain this is Willie Nelson.  He's been having health issues and recently his residency in Las Vegas was postponed.

I first thought that this was Randy Travis. Whoa if it's Willie. Wish he could continue to make music forever. 

16 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I first thought that this was Randy Travis. Whoa if it's Willie. Wish he could continue to make music forever. 

I've always thought Willie was a pretty straight shooter (& I think my mom actually has met him, though there aren't any pics marking the occasion around our house, & we're the kinda people who'd put stuff like that out if it happened). It seems to me that if he had cancer, he'd actually announce it & not hide/lie about it. He did cancel a few more dates earlier this week because of whatever's been happening with his health, off & on, lately. Anyway, I hope it's not Willie since my mom's a big fan of his; though I wouldn't wish this on any other celebrity & the members of their "fandom" either.

• Love 3

Not So Funny: This child actress was probably B/B- list. She did a lot of one off projects. She had a couple chances at television glory but the shows failed. She has a very memorable place in television history because of one appearance in particular. Anyway, one of the very last projects on which she worked she was a teenager. Probably 14 or so. The lead actor in the movie was a foreign born A list actor who had a long career. During the movie, which was a comedy, the actor would invite her to his trailer and what started out as molesting turned into rape. She said he always smelled of cigarettes. She would try and say no to going to his trailer but his assistant or some other production assistant would always come get her and forcibly bring her. This went on for about ten days. She just couldn't handle it any longer and tried to kill herself by taking poison. It didn't kill her but permanently damaged her. Apparently the actor was known for this type of behavior but people looked the other way. It is why he liked working on movies with teens or having a character who was a teen.

This aging A/A- list mostly television actress with three names recently said some really racist things about a person who helps clean her house. It was pretty shocking.

This A-/B+ list dual threat actress is filming a Netflix movie right now with actresses on about her same level. Everyone is worried about how little our actress is eating, but does seem to enjoy her wine in the afternoons, so she is getting some calories.

3 minutes ago, magicdog said:

This aging A/A- list mostly television actress with three names recently said some really racist things about a person who helps clean her house. It was pretty shocking.

Sarah Jessica Parker? 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, magicdog said:

Good guess!  I've heard from various circles that she's not the sweetheart her image seems to encourage. 

I didn't know you were friends with Kim Cattrall.

But seriously, SJP is the only one can think of who fits those descriptions and her nastiness with Kim over Sex and the City 3 made me realize that SJP was a secret bitch.

16 minutes ago, magicdog said:

This A-/B+ list dual threat actress is filming a Netflix movie right now with actresses on about her same level. Everyone is worried about how little our actress is eating, but does seem to enjoy her wine in the afternoons, so she is getting some calories.

I feel like this might be Gina Rodriguez who is producing and filming Someone Great for Netflix or Rosario Dawson who is the lead in the film.

• Love 1
On 4/28/2018 at 6:09 PM, HunterHunted said:

I feel like this might be Gina Rodriguez who is producing and filming Someone Great for Netflix or Rosario Dawson who is the lead in the film.

Dual threat for either of them? What's their second threat? Gina knows salsa and boxing. Rosario, I know even less about. I would say they are close to equal in fame. Gina has Hashimoto's, so not eating would be really bad for her body. Like, not just because she needs to eat but because she needs to not get ill.

26 minutes ago, BoogieBurns said:

Dual threat for either of them? What's their second threat? Gina knows salsa and boxing. Rosario, I know even less about. I would say they are close to equal in fame. Gina has Hashimoto's, so not eating would be really bad for her body. Like, not just because she needs to eat but because she needs to not get ill.

Gina has recently made a big push to start producing projects. I think acting and producing could be the dual threat.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/gina-rodriguez-immigration-projects-cbs-the-cw-la-story-reboot-1202162452/

Gina has also been giving interviews in the past year about her workout and diet.

https://www.shape.com/celebrities/videos/gina-rodriguez-body-positivity-fitness-eating-tips

Rosario acts, sings, and has written a comic book or two.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Gina has recently made a big push to start producing projects. I think acting and producing could be the dual threat.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/gina-rodriguez-immigration-projects-cbs-the-cw-la-story-reboot-1202162452/

Gina has also been giving interviews in the past year about her workout and diet.

https://www.shape.com/celebrities/videos/gina-rodriguez-body-positivity-fitness-eating-tips

Rosario acts, sings, and has written a comic book or two.

I assumed they would have a second threat, I just suppose I don't think of them as "double threats." Maybe it's Rosario? She looked thinner than normal on the most recent season of Jane the Virgin (yes, they are both in both projects).

@HunterHunted is your username from the movie Popstar? 

2 minutes ago, BoogieBurns said:

I assumed they would have a second threat, I just suppose I don't think of them as "double threats." Maybe it's Rosario? She looked thinner than normal on the most recent season of Jane the Virgin (yes, they are both in both projects).

@HunterHunted is your username from the movie Popstar? 

I normally wouldn't think of them as double threats, but with Gina being all over the trades with her production deals I thought it might be her. That's something someone in the industry might think of as a big deal. Lots of people become producers of the shows they star in, but not many of them take it the next step and sell other show ideas to their studios. Gina did the latter. Lots of people direct episodes of the show on which they star, but not many of them take it to the next level direct other shows. Hollywood tends to take notice when you do. Gina has done the former, but not the latter.

It could be Rosario too. But I'm fairly certain that if there is any truth to the blind, it's one of these 2 women.

Nope, my user name isn't from Popstar. It's been my username since back in the old Mighty Big TV and TWoP days. It and I am hella old.

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Nope, my user name isn't from Popstar. It's been my username since back in the old Mighty Big TV and TWoP days. It and I am hella old.

I bet Hunter the Hunted in Popstar was based on you. 

• Love 3
On 4/28/2018 at 4:09 PM, HunterHunted said:

[T]his alliterate former A list singer/wannabe actor who started dating a single mom a few months ago. He terrorized her. He threatened to call child protective services on her if she didn't do certain sexual things. She said he would spit on her and talk about what an awful mom she is and that her kid would probably end up in jail. He was just awful. A family member finally intervened and blocked the singer from seeing the woman any longer.

Who indeed?

Now, this piece of sludge:

Pimping: An actor who has fallen from some pretty big heights is this foreign born former A- list mostly movie actor. He got that high on the list, thanks to a franchise when he was younger. Since then, he has made bad choice after bad choice. If you run into him on the street, he is generally a nice guy if you want a photo. The people he isn't nice to are his employees. Oh, he has employees. They are women who he finds on the street where he buys his drugs. They tell him that he looks familiar. He throws out one or two lines from his movies and then buys them some drugs. He then convinces them to start turning tricks for him. This is where he changes in an instant. They assume he is going to be the same happy go lucky guy when they work for him. Nope. Beatings are frequent, especially if they don't bring home enough money. He also sexually assaults them, usually using objects he finds around the house. There have been several of his employees who have required hospitalization, but they don't say anything. He is an evil person hiding behind that failed movie star facade.

Why, why, why?

• Love 3
20 hours ago, magicdog said:

Pimping: An actor who has fallen from some pretty big heights is this foreign born former A- list mostly movie actor. He got that high on the list, thanks to a franchise when he was younger. Since then, he has made bad choice after bad choice. If you run into him on the street, he is generally a nice guy if you want a photo. The people he isn't nice to are his employees. Oh, he has employees. They are women who he finds on the street where he buys his drugs. They tell him that he looks familiar. He throws out one or two lines from his movies and then buys them some drugs. He then convinces them to start turning tricks for him. This is where he changes in an instant. They assume he is going to be the same happy go lucky guy when they work for him. Nope. Beatings are frequent, especially if they don't bring home enough money. He also sexually assaults them, usually using objects he finds around the house. There have been several of his employees who have required hospitalization, but they don't say anything. He is an evil person hiding behind that failed movie star facade.

This hints that it's possibly Chris or Liam Hemsworth, Robert Pattinson, or Jamie Dornan, but I actually don't think it's any of those guys. They all seem too decent and grounded for that. Unless someone can come up with a reasonable alternative, this blind sounds like complete bull.

I guess there's always Jai Courtney. I'm kidding. The only thing I know about him is that he always plays douches.

12 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

This hints that it's possibly Chris or Liam Hemsworth, Robert Pattinson, or Jamie Dornan, but I actually don't think it's any of those guys. They all seem too decent and grounded for that. Unless someone can come up with a reasonable alternative, this blind sounds like complete bull.

I guess there's always Jai Courtney. I'm kidding. The only thing I know about him is that he always plays douches.

The franchise part is throwing me off. My first thought was Johnny Depp, but he was born in the US.