Type keyword(s) to search

Hmmm?: Blind Item Speculation

• Start Topic

Plenty of websites like to post "Blind Items" -- bit of gossip about actors and upcoming storylines.  Speculation about it is rampant, but frequently I wonder what you all would think of them.  (Especially because certain sites' commentators seem to be stuck to a handful of shows.)

So, without any further ado, I present you:

Co-Lead to be Killed Off

Not a whole lot of clues in this one, but how many shows have co-leads?  

• Castle
  • Bones
  • Supernatural
  • Sleepy Hollow
  • The Blacklist

I know there must be others, but that's all I can think of at the moment.  Which is why I'm here!  ;-)

I suppose part of it comes down to the term "Fall Finale", as opposed to "Mid-Season Finale".  Could it be referring to a cable show, instead of network (Big 5) show?

I'm pretty sure there is a Blind Item topic called "Guess Who, Don't Sue" somewhere in the forums, but have no idea how to find it.  I love these.

The key to this one, as you've said, is probably "Fall Finale."  That said, I have no idea.

I'd guess Castle. Kate fakes her own death or something stupid like that. I haven't watched Castle in ages but it seems like the kind of thing the writers would do.

Supernatural -- both leads have died so many times it's like, eh. If one of 'em dies, just roll your eyes and wait for the resurrection.

World famous actor is hiding a shocking secret over “fears his fans will hate him.”

Decades of debauchery have finally caught up with one of Hollywood’s top megastars. In a bombshell world exclusive, RadarOnline.com can reveal that a bad-boy Tinseltown star has been hiding an explosive secret from the world: He is HIV-positive.

Multiple informed sources confirm the world-famous actor, whom Radar has chosen not to identify, has been diagnosed with the deadly virus that usually leads to AIDS itself.

The middle-aged star learned at least two years ago that he had contracted HIV — but he has desperately hidden it from the world, terrified his fans will turn against him.

The individual confided this medical bombshell to friends as far back as October 2014.

Without treatment, average survival time after infection with HIV is estimated to be nine to 11 years. Thankfully, the Hollywood figure has so far been successfully treated with an “AIDS Cocktail” of high-powered drugs meant to counteract the effects of the disease, including the medications Truvada and Isentress.

“His medical outlook is positive,” divulged a source.

However, the star — known for a playboy lifestyle filled with one-night stands and sex-for-hire partners — has been “devastated” over his plight since doctors diagnosed the condition, according to a friend.

Radar has learned multiple friends want the star to publicly admit the problem and face reality with courage and determination.

It is not known exactly how the actor contracted the virus, but the star has previously admitted to engaging in tattooing, injecting drugs and having sex with prostitutes — all activities that increase the risk of contracting the virus.

The star thought he was “indestructible” and took few precautions to protect himself against AIDS — even though he was indulging in high-risk sex practices, sources said.

“He led a dangerous lifestyle,” said one pal. “He’s learned this the hardest possible way.”

Struggling with the weight of the shocking news, the entertainer was hurled into a deep despair last year, racked by stress and pain associated with the deadly condition, Radar has learned.

In lonely desperation, he went into seclusion at his home — rarely going out in public and seeing only family and friends inside the sanctuary of his mansion.

He would also party night and day in a bid “to numb” the pain.

“His worst fear is that he will be remembered not as a great actor but as someone who contracted the disease,” explained another source.

“He has been tortured by the thought that his acting genius will be forgotten.

“He was teary-eyed as he told friends that he had it, but he felt that a public admission would destroy him and his fans.”

Radar first learned about the star’s desperate battle with the disease in 2014. At the time, reps for the actor flatly denied it.

But in recent months the star’s horrifying plight has become an “open secret” again in top Hollywood ranks, with multiple sources coming forward to tell how he’d confided in them.

Radar also obtained a videotape in which one of the actor’s former partners revealed he had exposed her to the deadly virus.

Alarmingly though, some sources said he has continued to be promiscuous.

“It could well be a public health hazard,” said a source.

It was only after corroborating the accounts of multiple sources that Radar decided to publish this exposé. It also follows the brave disclosure from Who’s the Boss? alum Danny Pintauro, who revealed he is HIV-positive after mixing sex and crystal meth.

Of the latest HIV victim, a show business source told Radar: “Many of this actor’s friends and associates have been saying for weeks that he has HIV.

Nevertheless, the star and his legal team kept a firm grip of secrecy on his problems, even as rumors of his status swept Tinseltown.

According to one source, the megastar has spent an elaborate fortune to secure the silence of his sexual partners — and others — who later discovered his HIV status.

Some of those women believed he’d played “Russian roulette” with their lives, sources said.

At the same time, the star had vowed to stop sowing wild oats and settle down with his then-romantic interest.

But that relationship did not last — and neither the split nor the health predicament has deterred the tragic star from continuing romantic rendezvous.

This screams Charlie Sheen except for the part about being a genius actor.

• Love 2

Because that blind item reads like the actor is well respected, taking Charlie Sheen out of the running, Leonardo DiCaprio is the name that came to the front of my mind. I'm always horrible at these though.

Oh, please be Castle. Just confirm for me again how far that show has fallen from what was a really good first two seasons. Every time I hear something about it these days, it sounds like utter garbage. Hack writers who had no ideas beyond stretching out a 'will they, won't they'. The criminal cases lost all the spark and charm as soon as they exhausted their scrapbook of weird, real world crimes.

• Love 1

Charlie Sheen is actually a fine actor.    In the 1980s he was the IT guy almost up to Tom Cruise levels. That  is how he got away with his behavior for so long.   Strung out of his mind he could still bring it.   Not RDJ levels of bring it, but still could get the job done.   It was only when he really couldn't carry on any longer and was turning on others that he turned into an outcast.    

Not sure if he has tats (only because I haven't paid close enough attention lately), but drugs and hookers is so him.

• Love 3

I agree this has to be Charlie Sheen.  He does have tattoos  - one of them being "Winning".

Without treatment, average survival time after infection with HIV is estimated to be nine to 11 years.

I seem to remember back in the 80s when HIV/AIDS was getting notoriety, someone infected (and had received no treatment) supposedly had less than 5 years to live.  The drug cocktails supposedly lead to surviving 10-25 years.  Don't hold me to it, I'm just going by what I remember from reports at the time.

Onward:

This B-list actress badly wants off of a show that she’s on. It’s in its second season and it’s disappointing in the ratings, but she’s not happy with the caliber of the writing, nor the type of ‘mad comedy’ show that she’s on.

Something nice:

KINDNESS: This actress is B list. If her hit network show was still on the air, she probably would be B+/A-. She has had hit movies and multiple hit television shows. Always seemingly in a good mood, she has been devoting more time to her kids and other kids too. She recently threw a Halloween bash at a shelter for families. She bought all the decorations and candy and dinner and costumes for the kids and just went out of her way to make sure the kids were able to experience Halloween

Name the show and the performer who backed out:

This network TV show was so sizzling hot last season that everyone and their mother was begging for a guest-starring role. Despite the intense demand, one prominent performer – who was very excited about a guest stint on the show – has suddenly backed out, claiming scheduling conflicts. That’s not exactly true. Although they are always busy (like most popular performers), the guest role for a single show could have been shot in one or two days, and the producers were very willing to accommodate them. No, this was actually about the performer’s enthusiasm for the gig fizzling out. According to them, "The show has become really dumb.

My guess is the show is "Empire", but I don't know who the performer who lost interest is. 

This B-list actress badly wants off of a show that she’s on. It’s in its second season and it’s disappointing in the ratings, but she’s not happy with the caliber of the writing, nor the type of ‘mad comedy’ show that she’s on.

It's gotta be January Jones. I don't watch The Last Man on Earth, but I was surprised to see that it made it past the first season. It barely gets promotion as far as I know.

• Love 2

It's gotta be January Jones. I don't watch The Last Man on Earth, but I was surprised to see that it made it past the first season. It barely gets promotion as far as I know.

Yep, especially with the clue of it being a "mad" comedy (hints towards her former role on Mad Men)

The more I think about the HIV/AIDS blind item, I wonder if instead of Charlie Sheen if it's Colin Farrell.  I think the description actually fits him slightly better than Sheen (especially the part about being a "great actor" and settling down with his last romantic prospect).

Went on earth would the nice one need to be blind?

Some don't want publicity because they don't want the deed overshadowed by their fame.  Plus, it goes back to the old saying about character being what you do when no one is looking.

• Love 3

That should have been "killed" off, then. I had no clue about the blind item and I knew watching the show that

with an exit like that they were pretty much shouting that Abbie would be returning, probably with a heartbroken Ichabod going scorched-earth to bring her back.

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 3

Most people are guessing Izzie and Alex. Not that anyone's expecting Heigl to be welcomed back with open arms, but there were those fertilized eggs... if she used one, died recently and Alex found out he had a kid....

That's the going theory on TV Line anyway (no credit to me, I'm just the messenger).

Edited by Miss Dee

Izzie/Alex was my first thought too, because some of the wording could be made to fit, but it also sounds like: someone did something horrible in the past that gets found out; other relationships are affected by it and that maybe someone leaves the show because of it. I'm not sure any of that fits.

Unless Izzie's mom shows up with Alex's kid and somehow Meredith gets involved (as she seems to be constantly involved these days), and her not yet fledgling relationship with Riggs gets affected and then Jo leaves the show. But it says that the more established relationship won't be that affected, so that doesn't really fit either. In other words, it might be Greys but I don't think it's Alex/Izzie/Jo.

I posted my theory on TV line.  If it it Grey's Anatomy then I don't think it will necessarily be about Izzie's & Alex's eggs.  Since they mention 'Ghost' in the BI,  I am thinking it will have something to do with Denny.  After all Izzy never really got punished for cutting Denny's LVAD wire.  What if the other patient she cheated out of that heart has some significance to the current storyline?  Owen's sister maybe?  She died obviously.  And Riggs is a heart surgeon.   Also since the BI seems to indicate that what is coming affects a bunch of people, the  resonance of what Izzie did could have ramifications over everyone:  The hospital facing liability, her 'presence' causing some residual issues with Alex/Jo. 

Well, seeing as how Ralph Waite's Wikipedia page actually refers to this article (in the Personal Life section)--I found that when I went to see when he ran for political office, after reading the article, & those dates line up--I'd say that's perhaps a reasonable assumption.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Waite

Before seeing that, I might've said maybe not, because she said this happened in 1968 & The Waltons didn't premiere until 1972, 4 years later--which could cast a little doubt on the matter, perhaps.

Before seeing that, I might've said maybe not, because she said this happened in 1968 & The Waltons didn't premiere until 1972, 4 years later--which could cast a little doubt on the matter, perhaps.

The dates still would match up. She said she had a crush on a guy who would soon become a beloved TV father. So this took place before the Waltons.

Cote de Pablo for NCIS given Weatherly is leaving and they are doing the 300th episode this season.

Or Katherine Heigl for Grey's.  Wasn't that BI from December widely guessed to be about Alex/Izzy.  McDreamy would be a shocker if Grey's is doing some dream sequence given the circumstances of his departure.

Actor/Actress Making Surprise Return to Drama Series

I have no idea on this one.  How long is "long-running"?  More than 5 years?

I posted this over on TVLine, but I have a feeling this is referring to the X-Files revival. The original run of the show was 9 years, it has been reported that one of the new episodes is titled "Home again," which the article might be referencing in it's opening sentence, and the article uses the word 'truth' a number of times, and if we learned anything from the X-Files, it's the the truth is out there.

I don't have an idea on a specific character - so many characters died on the X-Files over the years and I can't think of one whose timing. . . could be better. But that's my crazy conspiracy theory on this blind item.

• Love 3

Or Katherine Heigl for Grey's. Wasn't that BI from December widely guessed to be about Alex/Izzy. McDreamy would be a shocker if Grey's is doing some dream sequence given the circumstances of his departure.

Given Shonda Rhimes continued hatred of Heigl - even after she's apologized multiple times - I'd be really surprised.

Edited by Stuffy

Or Katherine Heigl for Grey's. Wasn't that BI from December widely guessed to be about Alex/Izzy. McDreamy would be a shocker if Grey's is doing some dream sequence given the circumstances of his departure.

TVLine ended up posting that the Blind from Decemeber was about The Good Wife (I had thought it was Greys as well).

I was hoping it was Elliot from SVU, but it wouldn't really be that hard to write him back in - the blind seems to indicate the character was written out in a pretty bombastic way, and Elliot just kind of...left.

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 2

Cote de Pablo for NCIS given Weatherly is leaving and they are doing the 300th episode this season.

Or Katherine Heigl for Grey's.  Wasn't that BI from December widely guessed to be about Alex/Izzy.  McDreamy would be a shocker if Grey's is doing some dream sequence given the circumstances of his departure.

Ziva's return wouldn't be overly improbable. IIRC, didn't she just decide to stay in Israel.

She's not dead, she could easily pay a surprise visit (although I really hope she doesn't, especially if it's anything to do with Tony leaving)

• Love 2

The dates still would match up. She said she had a crush on a guy who would soon become a beloved TV father. So this took place before the Waltons.

She also said she had a crush on the well known actor in 1968 , but Waite hadn're really done anything of note yet. I suppose he could have been well known in the theater, but most of the country wouldn't have heard of him until the Waltons.

• Love 1

I posted this over on TVLine, but I have a feeling this is referring to the X-Files revival. The original run of the show was 9 years, it has been reported that one of the new episodes is titled "Home again," which the article might be referencing in it's opening sentence, and the article uses the word 'truth' a number of times, and if we learned anything from the X-Files, it's the the truth is out there.

I don't have an idea on a specific character - so many characters died on the X-Files over the years and I can't think of one whose timing. . . could be better. But that's my crazy conspiracy theory on this blind item.

DING DING DING!  You win the money; the Blind Item must've been referring to Cigarette Smoking Man.

• Love 1

She also said she had a crush on the well known actor in 1968 , but Waite hadn're really done anything of note yet. I suppose he could have been well known in the theater, but most of the country wouldn't have heard of him until the Waltons.

Her article mentions this person having a major stage role in New York at the time - Ralph Waite was Claudius in Hamlet in NYC in 1968.

DING DING DING!  You win the money; the Blind Item must've been referring to Cigarette Smoking Man.

Timing on that wouldn't work, would it?  There is no way X Files was still filming parts of the pilot a week ago last Friday.

I don't know who it is but other possibilities would be someone who is too big for their old show doing a drive by no one ever thought they showrunners could pull off.

Maybe someone coaxed Jamie Dornan back to OUAT or someone got Jeffrey Dean Morgan to do a pit stop as Daddy Winchester on Supernatural in a pit stop between The Good Wife and the Walking Dead.

Edited by ParadoxLost
(edited)

Yeah, that blind item is really general. Also, his definition of "star" could muddy things. It would be stupid to kill off (for real) THE Star of your show; I'm guessing it's NOT a lead IF it's a death that actually sticks.

Edited by Trini