Type keyword(s) to search

Castiel: A Multi-Dimensional Wavelength Of Celestial Intent

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

This is similar to my story, as well. I watched it as a casual viewer with my husband who was watching it on Netflix back in 2012. For the first 3 seasons, I popped in and out of the room when he was watching- sometimes sitting down to watch a full episode and thinking it was good. I really liked Mystery Spot and a few others, but it wasn’t until Castiel was introduced In season 4 that I really took notice and stopped being willing to pop in and out and miss episodes. From season 4 on, I became more of a “rabid” fan, surpassing even my husband. Wanting to watch it all the time until we caught up to live (at the time that was season 8), and then I went back and watched seasons 1-3 with a new appreciation. I’ve been a super fan ever since, but yes, I credit Cas with that. I love them all but he has a special place in my heart because he sucked me in. 

I got my boss hooked and she stopped watching when Cas disintegrated at the beginning of season 7. I had to ignore her "no spoilers!!" rule and let her know that he came back later in the season before she would watch again. She's a total Cas girl but I also got my coworker hooked and she's a total Dean girl so I'm happy. 😁

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I got my boss hooked and she stopped watching when Cas disintegrated at the beginning of season 7. I had to ignore her "no spoilers!!" rule and let her know that he came back later in the season before she would watch again. She's a total Cas girl but I also got my coworker hooked and she's a total Dean girl so I'm happy. 😁

Love that! I got my mom in and she’s a Dean girl. I got my sis in and she’s a Sam girl (only one I know personally lol); I got my cousin in and she’s a fellow Cas girl. Then her 11 year old son is now into it and he keeps going back and forth between Cas and Dean as his favorite character. Jaxcon this year was his first con and he got a Dean haircut and cosplayed as Dean, but seemed most excited about his Castiel photo op...but that might be because he wanted to hold an angel blade lol. Anyway, lots for us to love! My husband loves Crowley and Rowena lol. 

2 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

Love that! I got my mom in and she’s a Dean girl. I got my sis in and she’s a Sam girl (only one I know personally lol); I got my cousin in and she’s a fellow Cas girl. Then her 11 year old son is now into it and he keeps going back and forth between Cas and Dean as his favorite character. Jaxcon this year was his first con and he got a Dean haircut and cosplayed as Dean, but seemed most excited about his Castiel photo op...but that might be because he wanted to hold an angel blade lol. Anyway, lots for us to love! My husband loves Crowley and Rowena lol. 

There's definitely enough characters to go around. Another coworker started watching after listening to the 3 of us go on an on and started watching with his wife. They both love Bobby!

• Love 1

After the latest episode, I’m finding myself resenting castiel’s presence on the show. I’ve gone from like to disinterest to animosity with this character. It’s been a weird journey with him.

He appears on my screen and I roll my eyes and groan. The opposite of season 4.

I think gamble was correct to get rid of the character when she did. If that had stuck, we could have a much better show today. (Of course, be careful what you wish for). His presence kept the god/angel storyline alive and the writers use it as a crutch.

I’ll always wonder where they would’ve gone without the angel connection after season 6. Or what new character I missed out on because Castiel was brought back. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Bessie said:

After the latest episode, I’m finding myself resenting castiel’s presence on the show. I’ve gone from like to disinterest to animosity with this character. It’s been a weird journey with him.

He appears on my screen and I roll my eyes and groan. The opposite of season 4.

I think gamble was correct to get rid of the character when she did. If that had stuck, we could have a much better show today. (Of course, be careful what you wish for). His presence kept the god/angel storyline alive and the writers use it as a crutch.

I’ll always wonder where they would’ve gone without the angel connection after season 6. Or what new character I missed out on because Castiel was brought back. 

Totally agree with your entire post. I've been rewatching the first 5 seasons ( the good ole days ) and I wonder if season 4-5 Cas would be as enamored with Jack as he is now. He once called Sam an abomination to his face for having demon blood but he's apparently A-Okay with Jack despite how tainted he is. In fact Cas pre Dabb would be plotting to put Jack down before he was even born. It's sad how much the character has been destroyed.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Totally agree with your entire post. I've been rewatching the first 5 seasons ( the good ole days ) and I wonder if season 4-5 Cas would be as enamored with Jack as he is now. He once called Sam an abomination to his face for having demon blood but he's apparently A-Okay with Jack despite how tainted he is. In fact Cas pre Dabb would be plotting to put Jack down before he was even born. It's sad how much the character has been destroyed.

I wonder if Cas is going to get eaten by Jack since Jack is eating angel hearts. Season 4 or 5 Cas would definitely not been cool with it.

8 minutes ago, Harleycat said:

I wonder if Cas is going to get eaten by Jack since Jack is eating angel hearts. Season 4 or 5 Cas would definitely not been cool with it.

If he did I wouldn't mind at this point.

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

If he did I wouldn't mind at this point.

Apparently the whole Empty threat is just another dropped/forgotten plot device. Meaningless at the time, even more meaningless now. I mean, when cAsstiel saw Jack, he practically had an orgasm (gag, but true). Now if that didn't make him drop dead and go to the Empty, nothing will.

I was really rooting for cAsstiel's end being the Empty, but it doesn't look now like that's even an option anymore - unless, yes, he selflessly and stupidly offers up his heart for Jackie Poo Sue to munch.

Except, if angels don't have souls, are they supposed to have hearts? Other than the vessel they're occupying, angels are supposed to be celestial energy. None of this makes sense!

• Love 2