Type keyword(s) to search

Sam Winchester: aka Moose

• Start Topic

He is very fortunate that it turned out this way - we have certainly seen some far more serious, even deadly results for seemingly far less 'crimes'. And I'm not even talking about just whatever happened between him and the bar employee(s)/patrons, but putting his hands, however benignly, on a police officer. I does seem like he learned a lesson though, one way or another, and has made some positive changes. I applaud that, and hope they last. He does seem to lead a charmed existence.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

He is very fortunate that it turned out this way - we have certainly seen some far more serious, even deadly results for seemingly far less 'crimes'. And I'm not even talking about just whatever happened between him and the bar employee(s)/patrons, but putting his hands, however benignly, on a police officer. I does seem like he learned a lesson though, one way or another, and has made some positive changes. I applaud that, and hope they last. He does seem to lead a charmed existence.

I'm guessing that the police officers are used to handling drunks. So much of this incident got blown way out of proportion on social media. He was just another drunk on a Saturday night in Austin.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I'm guessing that the police officers are used to handling drunks. So much of this incident got blown way out of proportion on social media. He was just another drunk on a Saturday night in Austin.

It`s a double-edged sword. On the one hand, this got more (aka any) media attention because of who he is. If it was Joe Schmoe, noone would have taken notice. On the other hand, he can easily settle out of court in regards to any possible civil or criminal lawsuit because of who he is in ways Joe Schmoe can`t afford. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

On the other hand, he can easily settle out of court in regards to any possible civil or criminal lawsuit because of who he is in ways Joe Schmoe can`t afford. 

I worked with victims of violent crimes for several years and honestly - you'd be surprised [and rather depressed] at just how many cases flow the way of the offender regardless of who they are. A lot of it is just time restraints and work overload - the vast majority of cases get plead out, usually right at the start but can be right up to the trial [only one of mine went to trial but had several with 11th hour pleas], and then other factors like reluctant witnesses, lack of concrete evidence, and overall importance. It can be really terrible or it can be life saving, allowing predators free but also allowing people who did something stupid but not out of intent/malice to not have their life ruined. Really depends.

Not saying that social status, wealth, race, gender, age, etc. don't play a part - they definitely do but even that comes with a double edge sword. Some people have their entire lives ruined being brought up on charges that they are later proved to be totally innocent of all because they were wealthy/famous/fit the outrage of the day and the media went nuts. On the flip side, I've seen deals I just don't understand go out to nobodys that were way too lenient for heinous crimes. The legal system in this country is really borked and one of the worst things about it is that it's just not accessible to outsiders, which coupled with sensationalist journalism, really doesn't help anyone. 

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

He is very fortunate that it turned out this way - we have certainly seen some far more serious, even deadly results for seemingly far less 'crimes'. And I'm not even talking about just whatever happened between him and the bar employee(s)/patrons, but putting his hands, however benignly, on a police officer

Definitely. Especially being in a highly charged situation. 

I really do hope that he has learned something from this and that he keeps on the sober path - especially with his depression. Alcohol and mental illness are like having your own lingering toxic friends ready to sabotage you at a moments notice. Not something anyone needs.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

His interaction with the police was on video, so no interpretations needed. Another person might not have been given such 'understanding' from the officer.

And lots of celebrities have been 'cancelled' for less. He doesn't seem to have suffered any consequences at all.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

His interaction with the police was on video, so no interpretations needed. Another person might not have been given such 'understanding' from the officer.

And lots of celebrities have been 'cancelled' for less. He doesn't seem to have suffered any consequences at all.

I saw the video as well.  Jared was sooo wasted he could barely stand. I don't think any of the responding officers felt threatened. He was just another drunk.  Since his record was clean I can't see him getting 'cancelled' for just one criminal offense. I think the personal embarrassment was the consequence. Most drunks don't get their mug shot dragged all over every entertainment/SM site all over the world. They just pay a fine and go about their lives usually without changing their behavior.

I'm not excusing Jared, having lived with an alcoholic for a few years I found it disgusting that a grown man with small children got himself into that situation celebrity or not. I'm glad for his and his families sake he seems to have cleaned up his act.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I saw the video as well.  Jared was sooo wasted he could barely stand. I don't think any of the responding officers felt threatened. He was just another drunk.  Since his record was clean I can't see him getting 'cancelled' for just one criminal offense. I think the personal embarrassment was the consequence. Most drunks don't get their mug shot dragged all over every entertainment/SM site all over the world. They just pay a fine and go about their lives usually without changing their behavior.

I'm not excusing Jared, having lived with an alcoholic for a few years I found it disgusting that a grown man with small children got himself into that situation celebrity or not. I'm glad for his and his families sake he seems to have cleaned up his act.

I don't disagree that Jared was too wasted and was not really threatening, but given the givens, if he was not Jared Padalecki (and I'm certain the police knew who he was at that point), what he did could and likely would have had a different outcome.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't disagree that Jared was too wasted and was not really threatening, but given the givens, if he was not Jared Padalecki (and I'm certain the police knew who he was at that point), what he did could and likely would have had a different outcome.  

Yeah cops have done worse for less.  I'm quite sure they knew because Jensen and Jared were both friendly with that Austin police officer, quite good friends with him and went to some police fundraisers, so I'm sure they knew who Jared was.  Also Walker was picked up and he was going to be filming in Austin, lots of potential money for the city so between friends in high places AND friends in other high places, that's probably why it was relatively speaking swept up quietly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So what kind of Dad was Sam supposed to be? His kid didn't seem too sad about him dying.

How would he describe Sam? A paranoid, functioning alcoholic who has workaholic tendencies, rarely expresses his emotions, and is apparently obsessed with his brother who died before his kid was born. Sounds like a super fun household to grow up in. 

I think I would have preferred it if Sam hadn't had a kid. He said so many times throughout the series that that wasn't what he wanted. I think I would have preferred for him and whoever he ended up with to just be happy. Maybe they would be van lifers or something. 

• Love 2
On 1/24/2021 at 7:35 PM, Harleycat said:

So what kind of Dad was Sam supposed to be? His kid didn't seem too sad about him dying.

How would he describe Sam? A paranoid, functioning alcoholic who has workaholic tendencies, rarely expresses his emotions, and is apparently obsessed with his brother who died before his kid was born. Sounds like a super fun household to grow up in. 

I think I would have preferred it if Sam hadn't had a kid. He said so many times throughout the series that that wasn't what he wanted. I think I would have preferred for him and whoever he ended up with to just be happy. Maybe they would be van lifers or something. 

Have we ever seen Sam deliberately having anything to do with children, other than the shapeshifter baby and his little werewolf namesake?  (And he wasn't very comfortable with either of them).  

Since Dean was the one who seemed to enjoy and connect with children, maybe Sam had a child just "because Dean would have wanted it."  So maybe Sam really was trying to live what he thought should have been Dean's life instead of his own.  😕

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Have we ever seen Sam deliberately having anything to do with children, other than the shapeshifter baby and his little werewolf namesake?  (And he wasn't very comfortable with either of them).  

He was the one that knelt down to talk with Lily in Bloody Mary.  And I'm pretty sure he was the one who was talking to Sairey in Home, along with rescuing her and Richie while Dean went after Jenny.  I don't think Sam's anti-kids, I just think Dean was given more of the kid scenes because Jensen's so awesome with them.  I don't remember anything about any stupid episode this last season, but of course, soulless Sam wouldn't be all cuddly with children.

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

He was the one that knelt down to talk with Lily in Bloody Mary.  And I'm pretty sure he was the one who was talking to Sairey in Home, along with rescuing her and Richie while Dean went after Jenny.  I don't think Sam's anti-kids, I just think Dean was given more of the kid scenes because Jensen's so awesome with them.  I don't remember anything about any stupid episode this last season, but of course, soulless Sam wouldn't be all cuddly with children.

I didn't say Sam was anti-kid, just that he didn't seem to have any real connection with (or interest in) them, except for "saving" them (and didn't pay much attention to them once they were safe).  That's not saying there's anything wrong with that, and, of course, that (usually) changes when it's *your* kid.  

My point was that, if Jared had said that Sam left hunting because he thought that's what Dean would have wanted, maybe he had a kid for the same reason--to honor Dean, and what he thought Dean's life would (or should) have been.   In any event, Sam certainly didn't seem happy with any of his post-Dean life IMO, but I recognize that others probably have different interpretations (including Jared!) 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

My point was that, if Jared had said that Sam left hunting because he thought that's what Dean would have wanted, maybe he had a kid for the same reason--to honor Dean, and what he thought Dean's life would (or should) have been. 

I only watched the finale once so far, but I recall that Dean said "keep fighting" to Sam before he died. So, I was surprised to see Sam pack his things, turn off the lights and leave "the greatest treasure trove of supernatural lore on the planet". I understand that it would be difficult to live there with his brother gone, but apparently he never went back, and we didn't see any "fighting the supernatural" in his montage life. I have no idea then why Jared would say that Sam left hunting because he thought that's what Dean wanted for him.

• Love 3
On 1/28/2021 at 2:58 PM, FlickChick said:

I only watched the finale once so far, but I recall that Dean said "keep fighting" to Sam before he died. So, I was surprised to see Sam pack his things, turn off the lights and leave "the greatest treasure trove of supernatural lore on the planet". I understand that it would be difficult to live there with his brother gone, but apparently he never went back, and we didn't see any "fighting the supernatural" in his montage life. I have no idea then why Jared would say that Sam left hunting because he thought that's what Dean wanted for him.

Dean told Sam numerous times he wanted Sam to have a normal life (that was his Djinn dream for Sam as well). Keep Fighting also means don't give up and die just because I'm gone (probably a shout out to the AKF campaign). At least that is what I thought Dean meant.

As far as the MOL's bunker....sequel?

• Love 6