Type keyword(s) to search

Sam Winchester: aka Moose

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Shouldn't that be Flannel-Wrapped Nightmares?  ;)

Can't remember the exact quote  Weren't they called both at different times?  (But I'll accept either!)

15 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

It seemed to me that it was the Dean thread that wanted their name changed, more than the Sam one.

I was privately messaged and very politely asked if I wouldn't make the suggestion the Sam thread be changed as well, she didn't feel is was a very respectful title for Sam. Personally, I like "Moose" and have no issues with the current titles of any of threads. But, since we're revisiting Dean's title, and she asked so very nicely, it did seem like a reasonable request to revisit the Sam one too. It very well may be that, in the end, all the votes will be to keep it the same. That seems to be the current feeling right now.

1 minute ago, SueB said:

I think a bi-bro thread creates potential for conflict.  Can we give it two weeks and check again?

I concur.  I would hate to devolve into an Us vs Them vibe.

• Love 3

We have one, kind of.  But no one has posted in it in a couple of years.  (It started as a Dean/Cas thread, but some clean up around here merged threads.)

In a show about 2 brothers that has been on the air for 12 seasons, I'd be surprised if anyone had anything new to say.  Unless there's a seismic shift in their relationship in the future, which I highly doubt.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

"Squirrel" was a suggestion for a Dean-thread title so it could be a partner-threads. I`d find that cute. Just currently it is more "Sam" and "the guy who is not Sam" which I find a bit sad, prefering the "other guy" for his own identity.     

I understand what you are saying, however, the way I perceived it was a positive since "not Moose" came from Crowley. To Crowley the fact that it wasn't Sam was a good thing as he obviously prefers Dean to Sam. I also don't care if it changes as I'm not that invested in it. I just want the change to be something original rather than from a different board.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, bearcatfan said:

I understand what you are saying, however, the way I perceived it was a positive since "not Moose" came from Crowley. To Crowley the fact that it wasn't Sam was a good thing as he obviously prefers Dean to Sam. I also don't care if it changes as I'm not that invested in it. I just want the change to be something original rather than from a different board.

I think Crowley's feelings toward Sam have definitely changed over the years.  The "what are you wearing?" and "the S&M in SAM" indicated he was sort of attracted in some way to Sam for a while.  And they shared that time in the Church. AND Sam's blood.  But... Sam has so thoroughly rejected him, and tried to kill him, I think he set his sights on Dean.  I remember wondering if Crowley's 'I did alright, didn't I, hey Moose."  And Sam was just cold and dismissive.  Dean shoots Crowley down but somehow I think he believes Sam's hatred more than Dean's insults. There was truth in the little speech that Sam gave Crowley as he tried to kill him.  I don't think Crowley will forget that. 

Behind the Scenes (BTS): So at a Mark Sheppard Meet & Greet, I asked Mark why Crowley was drawn to Dean vice Sam.  His answer was that 'because Dean's the leader.'  He went on to say that Crowley wants to deal with the guy in charge and that is Dean (according to Crowley).  I personally think that there's more to it (combo of Sam's rejection and Dean's version of 'honesty' with him that Crowley respects). 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2

On thinking things over, just keep the titles as Moose and Squirrel. This maintains the light-hearted tone and they match. I don't want the title to be so super serious and worshipful.

This is not the new imdb so I don't want to bring in titles from there. Why should we change when the titles were never meant to be a serious description of either Sam or Dean anyway? They were more an inside joke.

I just want to say the titles were never meant to be about 'respect'. We respect both Sam and Dean here even if we have our favourites, OK? 

I actually liked Moose (made me giggle) so Dean's title need to match this and be equally giggle-worthy.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, SueB said:

Behind the Scenes (BTS): So at a Mark Sheppard Meet & Greet, I asked Mark why Crowley was drawn to Dean vice Sam.  His answer was that 'because Dean's the leader.'  He went on to say that Crowley wants to deal with the guy in charge and that is Dean (according to Crowley).  I personally think that there's more to it (combo of Sam's rejection and Dean's version of 'honesty' with him that Crowley respects). 

I hadn't really thought of it that way before. Maybe because Dean's rejections are veiled in sarcastic barbs Crowley doesn't take it to heart like he does with Sam?

10 minutes ago, shang yiet said:

I don't want the title to be so super serious and worshipful.

I agree with this. Light-hearted for me too!

• Love 2

I honestly don't have a preference either way.  I never took any of the titles as insulting to either brother.  I love when Crowley refers to them as Moose & Squirrel.  I think it's funny.  I'll wait for the vote, but I agree with others that the titles should be fun.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, shang yiet said:

This is not the new imdb so I don't want to bring in titles from there. Why should we change when the titles were never meant to be a serious description of either Sam or Dean anyway? They were more an inside joke.

I couldn't agree more. I don't post much but I love this site and am a regular lurker who migrated from TWoP.  

This board is perfectly fine as is.

Personal experience here but while there are some lovely, thoughtful posters at IMDB, there is a reason I am no longer an active member of that community.  I found the overall atmosphere there divisive and unpleasant. Much of the site was simply an echo chamber of those who agreed with each other.  Dissenting opinions were summarily shut down or simply ignored.  Sam fans were not welcome in Dean's thread and vice versa. And  fans of both were not welcome in either.  (There has already been a suggestion of that from a newbie in Dean's thread.)

This site is welcoming to those willing to follow posting rules. The discussions are lively, often spirited but always respectful, friendly and intelligent.  If it ain't broke why fix it?

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, enaiowen said:

Personal experience here but while there are some lovely, thoughtful posters at IMDB, there is a reason I am no longer an active member of that community.  I found the overall atmosphere there divisive and unpleasant. Much of the site was simply an echo chamber of those who agreed with each other.  Dissenting opinions were summarily shut down or simply ignored.  Sam fans were not welcome in Dean's thread and vice versa. And  fans of both were not welcome in either.  (There has already been a suggestion of that from a newbie in Dean's thread.)

This site is welcoming to those willing to follow posting rules. The discussions are lively, often spirited but always respectful, friendly and intelligent.  If it ain't broke why fix it?

I can't understand how you can discuss one brother without ever mentioning the other. Their relationship to each other is at the foundation of who each one has become as adults. Can you have discussions about Sam without mentioning Dean? Probably, but IMO those discussions wouldn't be very insightful.

• Love 2

I want to share some Sam-love for this latest episode (Stuck in the Middle (With You)).  I'm really into this episode so I'm gushing all over.  I'd thought I'd spill some in Sam's thread.

Sam continues to break my heart with just a few lines and a few looks.

First, he's still working that 'saving people' thing and clearly feels Wally's death.  While in the middle of his own death-match, he's shouting a warning to Wally.  Not that there was much he could do at that point.  If they have a confrontation w/ Mary, I bet it's Sam who brings up Wally's death.

Second, he reaches out to Mary to talk and she BLOWS HIM OFF.  Mary, Mary, Mary.  Sam is trying to bond.  A sarcastic 'when do we ever get what we want' is almost a slap.  These boys do NOT wear their heart on their sleeve.  Pay attention. While Dean seems to have braced himself for a distant Mary, Sam keeps trying.  And his face reflects that rejection.  He's not sure if it's Mary being messed up or Mary is intentionally distant, but he recognizes she won't talk to him now.  He's tried twice recently and she's diverted both times. I think he had a 'theory' regarding why Mary is acting this way.  He recognized she was undergoing trauma and he was okay with being patient.  Now, I think it's possible that he may start to take it more personal, like Dean already has.  I hope we get a Sam & Dean conversation about "Mom" in the future.  Because this episode was NOT GOOD from a Mom perspective.  

Third, you can SEE the emotional gut punch when Mary (who is pretty vulnerable at this moment) says the demon has yellow eyes.  And his "Mom, what the hell did you get us into." is literally an accusation.  I think he's reassessing Mary.  He WANTS "Mom".  He responded so eagerly when she used her 'Mom voice' earlier. But now he's near panicked and he's looking at the situation with different eyes.  They are in deep shit and Mary got them there.  I don't know if Dean is ready to 'see' Mary in any fashion. But Sam, I think, has been watching her moods and actions carefully. It's been out of concern for her but now his concern level has risen.  She screwed up.  Somehow, with the recon, she didn't know other demons were in the area.  And this is clearly no ordinary demon.  Mary missed that.  Now, Sam and Dean could have easily missed the fact that he was not a normal demon, but I'm not sure they would have missed the two guard-dog demons.  So... the NEXT time she calls, will they insist on doing their own recon first?  Will they chalk this up to bad luck?  

Forth, he was NOT OKAY with Cas dying. He looked so helpless and distraught.  I'm so glad Sam and Cas have bonded more over the last few years. It made this near-death experience much more meaningful.  And while we've see Dean devastated when he thought Cas went "poof" as a Leviathan-sack, I think Cas means much more to Sam now and he would be equally devastated.  Of course, last time he was dealing with a massive hellucination issue, but all through early S7, Cas' 'death' was framed as a Dean issue.  I don't think that would be the case anymore.  And if ever that was cemented, the scene in the barn did that for me.   

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, SueB said:

Forth, he was NOT OKAY with Cas dying. He looked so helpless and distraught.  I'm so glad Sam and Cas have bonded more over the last few years. It made this near-death experience much more meaningful.  And while we've see Dean devastated when he thought Cas went "poof" as a Leviathan-sack, I think Cas means much more to Sam now and he would be equally devastated.  Of course, last time he was dealing with a massive hellucination issue, but all through early S7, Cas' 'death' was framed as a Dean issue.  I don't think that would be the case anymore.  And if ever that was cemented, the scene in the barn did that for me.

In "Regarding Dean" didn't Dean say OUR best friend is an angel? I know Dean didn't remember, so for him to use our, Sam must have referenced Cas as being their best friend, not just Dean's.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, SueB said:

Second, he reaches out to Mary to talk and she BLOWS HIM OFF.  Mary, Mary, Mary.  Sam is trying to bond.  A sarcastic 'when do we ever get what we want' is almost a slap. These boys do NOT wear their heart on their sleeve.  Pay attention. While Dean seems to have braced himself for a distant Mary, Sam keeps trying.  And his face reflects that rejection.  He's not sure if it's Mary being messed up or Mary is intentionally distant, but he recognizes she won't talk to him now.

My heart broke for poor Sam in that scene. As you said he was really trying to reach out to her and offer her the comfort he felt she needed due to the trauma she has experienced as a result of both dying and resurrecting. The way she responded was so harsh and Jared did an amazing job of portraying just how much that rejection hurt Sam. I think he's trying to be patient and understanding, but it is so hard for him! Just look at how eagerly he responded to her 'mom voice' or his two attempts to reach out. He clearly wants to have the mum he has yearned for all his life, and Mary can't (or won't) give that to him. I too hope we get to see a conversation between the brothers about their feelings towards her soon.

I completely agree with this. Back in season seven Sam's feelings towards Castiel were a mixed bag. There was anger and disappointment, after all Castiel had betrayed him and risked his life through the act of breaking the wall. However, as someone who has made mistakes himself he was also a big enough man to try and forgive Cas for the slights against him. He may have felt empathy for Cas due to their shared experiences of taking the wrong path for the right reason, but ultimately I believe Castiel was an ally more than anything. 

In my opinion the real turning point between these two was their conversation in First Born. The hug they shared at the end of the episode was meant to symbolize that this was the beginning of Castiel transformation (in Sam's eyes) from an ally,  who was a friend of Dean's, to his friend. In my opinion prior to this conversation the shadow of Castiel's initial description of Sam as an 'abomination' hung between the two. However, here Castiel helps to remove that block by acknowledging that what he said was wrong and that Sam's life was worth something.

Furthermore, Castiel acted as the sounding board Sam needed to get out of the depression and self-loathing he felt for his past failures. He didn't lie to Sam by attempting to downplay the fact that he made mistakes. What he did instead was acknowledge that Sam had made mistakes, that they both had, and offered Sam hope that there was a light at the end of the tunnel. He gave Sam hope that he could continue his life, learn from his mistakes, and change to the man he wants to be. I think that Cas' presence and support in his time of need stuck with Sam and allowed their bond to continue deepening since then. 

That is also why I'm glad that they made Castiel's speech addressed to the Winchester's in general rather than just Dean. 

• Love 1

My heart broke for poor Sam in that scene. As you said he was really trying to reach out to her and offer her the comfort he felt she needed due to the trauma she has experienced as a result of both dying and resurrecting. 

Even I was like "jeez Mary, you couldn`t care less, huh". I mean, she walked in, asked where Dean was, Sam told her he was outside and Mary immediately turned on her heel to walk out. And that wasn`t because of some special affinity for Dean, she just wanted to know where everyone was to better pull off her heist mission, lest she runs into anyone at an inopportune time.

She read the journal but not a single attempt by her to get to know them. In the hunter funeral episode she acted like "ew, you" upon seeing her sons and now that seems to have given way to acting as if they are furniture when around. Sam making those attempts to connect in those scenes is like an extremely bitter version of "she is just not that into you."  

• Love 5
On 06/02/2017 at 5:49 PM, bearcatfan said:

I don't have a problem with either of the thread titles either. The fact that Crowley gave them those names obviously doesn't bother the actors as they even had a moose and a squirrel on the EW cover. If we do change them, however, I have liked the suggestions made by Catrox14.

I have that fear as well. I wasn't on the TWoP site for this show as I didn't discover it until a little over a year ago, but I do know that the imdb board seemed to be very unfriendly to Sam. The respect shown on this site to not only the characters, but especially the actors, is why I'm here. I like both brothers, although I prefer Sam (it's the hair; I've always had a thing for men with longer hair). Even when people disagree, they are respectful.

Hi , I've come over from IMDb and used to run the Sam squad for three years. The Supernatural Board was very pro-Dean and sometimes very heavy on Sam which sometimes was hard to take. He did get a few knocks. I love both brothers but slightly prefer Sam it sadden me to think that it wasn't a balanced place. I am liking it a lot here.

19 minutes ago, Bella-UK said:

Hi , I've come over from IMDb and used to run the Sam squad for three years. The Supernatural Board was very pro-Dean and sometimes very heavy on Sam which sometimes was hard to take. He did get a few knocks. I love both brothers but slightly prefer Sam it sadden me to think that it wasn't a balanced place. I am liking it a lot here.

Welcome to the board!  

47 minutes ago, Bella-UK said:

Welcome! I'm not sure how long one needs to be here to no longer be considered a newbie but I started watching the show about a year ago, which is when I started here.

One of the things I like here is that although some are critical of the characters, no name calling is allowed. Name calling leads to an escalation of emotions which leads to a breakdown of civility. The Dean girls here are very respectful of Sam and Sam girls are respectful of Dean. It leads to some very insightful discussions. That's probably because discussion tend to focus on actual dialog and actions that occur in the show rather than emotion. I like seeing the other perspective, even if I don't always agree. The lack of name calling allows me to read those perspectives without getting my hackles up, usually.

6 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Even I was like "jeez Mary, you couldn`t care less, huh". I mean, she walked in, asked where Dean was, Sam told her he was outside and Mary immediately turned on her heel to walk out. And that wasn`t because of some special affinity for Dean, she just wanted to know where everyone was to better pull off her heist mission, lest she runs into anyone at an inopportune time.

She read the journal but not a single attempt by her to get to know them. In the hunter funeral episode she acted like "ew, you" upon seeing her sons and now that seems to have given way to acting as if they are furniture when around. Sam making those attempts to connect in those scenes is like an extremely bitter version of "she is just not that into you."

I've been trying to give her some leeway but this episode about did me in. Between her dissing of Sam, to her not giving up the Colt, she had a lot of missteps here. She SAYS that she loves them, but by now, she should be able to show it. I got more feeling of love in the first episode when she told Lady Idon'tcare to get away from her boys. I now need to see it from her. Like the Extreme song goes, "More Than Words".

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, bearcatfan said:

That's probably because discussion tend to focus on actual dialog and actions that occur in the show rather than emotion.

I am getting to feel this, and it's what lacked on IMDb, I like to break down what the writers write and try and understand what they are trying to put across in the characters they've created. I like to get a picture of how that writer wanted to put those scenes across and how it ends up on screen. I love the acting side and what our actors bring, but I am also interested in the writing aspect in the series. I think we have a wonderful new team at present and they are clearly looking back in the show's history they get what previous writers before them have penned.  I am loving that the Colt is back but am still puzzled into how it got back to our present time since the last time we saw it was Frontierland S6? And why do the Men of Letters want the Colt?

13 minutes ago, Bella-UK said:

I am loving that the Colt is back but am still puzzled into how it got back to our present time since the last time we saw it was Frontierland S6?

Welcome Bella-UK.

We discussed the Colt somewhere, so this will be rehash but I couldn't direct you easily to where the discussion was now, so it's easier just to go with it. The Colt in "Frontierland" was Samuel Colt's. Sam and Dean borrowed it and left it behind in the past so that it could go to Daniel Elkin's ancestor to Daniel Elkins, and to later be retrieved by John from the vampire nest. The last time we saw the Colt in the current show timeline was in "Abandon All Hope" when it got left on the battlefield in Carthage after failing to kill Lucifer. I'm assuming that's where Crowley - or someone who thought it would be beneficial to give it to Crowley - found it "lying around."

As for why the BMoL want it, I have no idea, but if it's to try to use against Satan's spawn, I'm guessing it won't work.

I hope that was helpful.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Bella-UK said:

I am getting to feel this, and it's what lacked on IMDb, I like to break down what the writers write and try and understand what they are trying to put across in the characters they've created. I like to get a picture of how that writer wanted to put those scenes across and how it ends up on screen. I love the acting side and what our actors bring, but I am also interested in the writing aspect in the series. I think we have a wonderful new team at present and they are clearly looking back in the show's history they get what previous writers before them have penned.  I am loving that the Colt is back but am still puzzled into how it got back to our present time since the last time we saw it was Frontierland S6? And why do the Men of Letters want the Colt?

Yes, the last time we saw it was in Frontier Land, but that was the Colt of the past which would go on to become Daniel Elkin's and finally the Winchesters. 

If I remember correctly the last time we saw it in the present was Abandon All Hope. We can only assume that when Dean dropped the weapon it was found by Crowley who offered it to Ramiel. 

As for the man of letters motives we have not been told yet and can only speculate on those :)

Edit: Or what @AwesomO4000 said!

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

FWIW, I think Sam is a binge drinker.

He also appears to be clingy and needy when he drinks - hee. And sometimes snotty and/or judgemental. Dean claims that Sam is a "happy drunk," but I don't think I believe him entirely. ; )

Drugs are a different story and seem to make Sam "happy" from what little we've seen. It's probably lucky Sam's not (more of) a drug addict.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

He also appears to be clingy and needy when he drinks - hee. And sometimes snotty and/or judgemental. Dean claims that Sam is a "happy drunk," but I don't think I believe him entirely. ; )

Drugs are a different story and seem to make Sam "happy" from what little we've seen. It's probably lucky Sam's not (more of) a drug addict.

LOL. Sam is a whiny drunk that's for sure.  I don't get why Dean thinks he's a "happy" drunk. Although maybe he's thinking of some occasions where we didn't see Sam be that happy drunk.

We only see Sam drunk a few times - and I think it's been years. I don't think he really enjoys being drunk at this point. You lose self-control when you get drunk and Sam keeps himself under tight control. He will have a couple beers or scotch with Dean but he doesn't seem to drink to get drunk as an escape. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, auntvi said:

We only see Sam drunk a few times - and I think it's been years. I don't think he really enjoys being drunk at this point. You lose self-control when you get drunk and Sam keeps himself under tight control. He will have a couple beers or scotch with Dean but he doesn't seem to drink to get drunk as an escape. 

I think Sam was hammered  he went to summon Crowley at the end of s9 after Dean died.

I don't think you lose all control when you're drunk. It depends on how much one's had to drink. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

I don't know when we've seen him as a happy drunk. Off the top of my head I can only remember Playthings and I Know What You Did Last Summer as instances when Sam was drunk and both times he was maudlin instead of happy. @AwesomO4000 being a Sam girl I'm sure you can recall alot more than I can :)

But Dean called Sam a "happy drunk" in S1, "The Benders".  So perhaps before Sam went off to college, lost his girlfriend, and went on a revenge quest, he was a happier drunk than we've seen since then.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, FlickChick said:

But Dean called Sam a "happy drunk" in S1, "The Benders".  So perhaps before Sam went off to college, lost his girlfriend, and went on a revenge quest, he was a happier drunk than we've seen since then.

So then it was stated but not seen? In that ep they were in a bar at the beginning and 5 minutes later Sam had been captured. I'm just trying to remember times that we've seen him drunk onscreen.

44 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I don't think you lose all control when you're drunk. It depends on how much one's had to drink.

No, of course not, but you lose some inhibitions and control, and it does depend on the person and their tolerance.  We see Sam drunk in Season 4, but that was 7-8 yrs ago. I'll have to watch the end of season 9 again, but I don't remember Sam being drunk. Drinking yes, but not drunk.

(edited)
44 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

So then it was stated but not seen? In that ep they were in a bar at the beginning and 5 minutes later Sam had been captured. I'm just trying to remember times that we've seen him drunk onscreen.

No, it was shown in the flashbacks in I Know What You Did Last Summer. He was pretty sloshed when he summoned the demon and then killed him and pretty wrecked when Ruby first found him. One of Ruby's conditions of helping him get his revenge was that he get sober.

I would not say he was at all happy.

Edited by DittyDotDot
15 minutes ago, auntvi said:

No, of course not, but you lose some inhibitions and control, and it does depend on the person and their tolerance.  We see Sam drunk in Season 4, but that was 7-8 yrs ago. I'll have to watch the end of season 9 again, but I don't remember Sam being drunk. Drinking yes, but not drunk.

I think Sam drank like a half a bottle of whatever to work himself up to summoning Crowley. IMO he was if not drunk on his way.

And then at the end of Soul Survivor he said was going to get Dean some cholesterol and then he was going to drunk. We didn't see it but I doubt it was a happy drunk

3 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

No, it was shown in the flashbacks in I Know What You Did Last Summer. He was pretty sloshed when he summoned the demon and then killed him and pretty wrecked when Ruby first found him. One of Ruby's conditions of helping him get his revenge was that he get sober.

Yes I remember when this happened. I was referring to FlickChick's reference to Dean stating that Sam was a happy drunk in The Benders.

3 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Yes I remember when this happened. I was referring to FlickChick's reference to Dean stating that Sam was a happy drunk in The Benders.

Sorry, mixed up my bar scenes. I don't remember him calling Sam a "happy drunk" in The Benders, I only recall the time in Playthings.

3 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

Sorry, mixed up my bar scenes. I don't remember him calling Sam a "happy drunk" in The Benders, I only recall the time in Playthings.

I don't remember it either. Guess I will have to break out season one and rewatch that episode. Oh, what a hardship :)

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

I don't remember him calling Sam a "happy drunk" in The Benders, I only recall the time in Playthings.

Heh, and I don't recall either of those ties. The one I remember was from "Sam, Interrupted" in season 5. I thought it was weird, because when Dean mentioned it, Sam was actually high-ish rather than drunk... and he was happy on the drugs. That's when Sam was all pat, pat handsy and everything was "spectaculacular" and he was all "...because you're my brother, and I love ya." So what Dean maybe should have said was, "you always were a happy stoner," or "drugs always did make you happy (or goofy)" and that might've been more accurate, perhaps. Because....

2 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

it was shown in the flashbacks in I Know What You Did Last Summer. He was pretty sloshed when he summoned the demon and then killed him and pretty wrecked when Ruby first found him. One of Ruby's conditions of helping him get his revenge was that he get sober.

Not in the least. He was almost suicidally depressed, belligerent, and snarky.*

* I loved his snark to the demon "I don't want 10 years. I don't want one year. I don't want candy." hee

Edited to add: @DeeDee79:

@AwesomO4000 being a Sam girl I'm sure you can recall alot more than I can :)

Nope. I only recall the above instances of whiny, depressed, angry, etc. Oh and yes, @bearcatfan's example below where Sam was able to control himself enough to stay on the job at hand. And it was "Party on Garth," bearcatfan.

But yeah even at the end of "Soul Survivor" Sam didn't seem like it was going to be a happy drunken night, even though theoretically that might've been considered a win. I expect that was more going to be drink to de-stress and quietly pass out and/or forget.

Edited by AwesomO4000

Sam said he was drunk in that episode with Garth and the Japanese ghost thingy (sorry, can't remember the name of the episode or the monster). He didn't appear to be either happy, or whiny or anything but focused on the job.

I don't know if he was truly drunk, but the beginning of a S3 episode had him in a bar in the morning slurring his words and being a Debbie-downer because Dean didn't seem to want to save himself from Hell...Dream a Little Dream of Me?

I guess the thing is, Sam seems to only drink when he's in the dumps. Hard to be a happy drunk under those conditions, I guess.

• Love 1

It's a good thing Sam DOESN'T drink too much or do drugs.  Can you imagine trying to get the Moose up a set of stairs?  Good HEAVENS.  Not that Dean is that much smaller but the wingspan on Sam's arms just are HUGE.  

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, SueB said:

It's a good thing Sam DOESN'T drink too much or do drugs.  Can you imagine trying to get the Moose up a set of stairs?  Good HEAVENS.  Not that Dean is that much smaller but the wingspan on Sam's arms just are HUGE.  

Holy crap.  Now I think I need to see someone, who is not Dean, dealing with Drunk Sam.  hee hee. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Holy crap.  Now I think I need to see someone, who is not Dean, dealing with Drunk Sam.  hee hee. 

It would have to be someone who was caring -- like Mary or Jody.  Rowena, while hilarious, would (at best) prop him up in a corner.

• Love 3

Darn you, @SueB... Now I'm imagining Rowena using a propped up in the corner Sam to dangle accessories from to get a better look at them. Or Crowley trying to talk Sam into that leather bustier.

I'm supposed to be doing work, and now I'm going to be totally distracted by amusing - and other things - scenarios. Hee. Hell, no reason I can't do the work tomorrow instead. ; )

• Love 4