Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Adam Levine's wife is also going for texture but the red on black looks like some kind of growth. Better than Sarah Paulson's chicken pox dress from that other red carpet, but still.

Marion Cotillard looks lovely in her dress but it seems like a less impressive version of that scalloped dress she wore the year she won and I HATE the back of it. Is it fucking Dior again?

Edited by aradia22

50 shades of Grey chick, at least the color is great!

Marion C is another safe "meh" for me, but I only got a glimpse of it, the skirt might make it better, but stupid ABC didn't really show it.  So bored with most women who wear white or black. 

So, is Anna Kendrick performing something from Into the Woods or The First Five Years?  I'm crossing my fingers for Into the Woods, even though none of their songs were eligible.  It would be awesome to do the whole Prologue, even though it'll never happen.

• Love 1

Laura Dern's dress looked better on the Fashion Cam. I think the light has to hit it in the right way. I'll be interested to see all the photos tomorrow.

Hey, lady in the blue cardigan. You seem happy. Good for you.

Who is the lady in the pale pink eye-fucking the fashion cam?

Agree Dakota Johnson's dress does not flatter her, but I'm more amazed at how inarticulate she was. Two actors for parents and she's like she's never seen a camera before.

I didn't see 50 Shades, but she acts that way in the commercials for it too. She was cute enough in that sitcom she was in, but I don't see 50 Shades helping her career. 

So is Giuliana going to interview anyone? Was she banned, because she acts so embarrassing when George Clooney is around.

She's always embarrassing.

Can't stand her, and find it painful to look at her.  

Nothing too hiddy yet, but the runway is young.

I didn't see 50 Shades, but she acts that way in the commercials for it too. She was cute enough in that sitcom she was in, but I don't see 50 Shades helping her career.

Dakota's reviews for 50SoG were surprisingly good overall; they said she brought humor and a personality to the character. Maybe she is just awkward when she doesn't have a script to follow.

Robert Duvall's... wife in the coral dress is better than Anna Kendrick's coral to me. But then I think it'd be too similar to Anna's red and white dress. Whatever, Anna will probably change to perform. 

Why is John Stamos there? Who was in charge on invites this year?

This looks like it could be a lot of fun:  Oscar Bingo.

Will someone make a joke about Eddie Redmayne in Jupiter Ascending?

I think that's someone's daughter with all the color on the Fashion Cam. I don't think the neckline works but I like the print.

Rosamund Pike has very nice English rose makeup going on but it doesn't work with that dress. Her figure is great but there's something off about the dress like if you tried to put a Sophia Vergara dress with a January Jones dress and again, I don't think it goes with the makeup.

Chrissy Teigen also going for the dark lip. Not feeling it. And that dress is a mess. Are you even dressed? I don't care if you show up naked but it doesn't actually look good. And the crazy contouring and glowy highlight has given her chipmunk cheeks.

I am not a fan of Felicity Jone's halter dress. I do like the color. Sadly, I watched this cheesy snowboarding movie with her and Chuck Bass in it years ago.

I love Steve Carell and I like Nancy's dress as well. 

John Legend! Nutmeg!

Naomi Watts looks kind of cool... but also like a brick wall.

Zoe Saldana looks... normal. Very pretty. It feels like a Penelope Cruz dress. Just very lovely and sweet but age appropriate. It's so pretty. Good job, Zoe!

LOL, Kelly is getting rained on. The only thing better would be if a bird nested in her hair. But we can't have everything we want.

Is that Miles Teller's girlfriend. She looks... um... not going there.

• Love 3

Lupita going for it also with all the pearls. I'm sure it's heavy and I think the weight is affecting the lines of the dress but again, loving the texture. The girls bringing texture are definitely my favorites this year.

• Love 3

Waving!!  Hi there.  Glad to be here, too!!

Hope you're feeling better!

Still recovering but I wouldn't miss this. 

Not impressed with Sienna Miller's dress and her hair/makeup makes her look older than she is. Still no interest in seeing her as Sally Bowles. I wonder if Cabaret's ticket sales are still sold out. I mean, Alan is worth it but she's just so boring to me.

• Love 1