Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I don't like subscribing to body shaming but looking at Giulana really makes me uncomfortable.

America Ferrara looks nice. I didn't know she was in How to Train Your Dragon 2. She looks clean and simple. Like the bride's sister.

• Love 3

Through the miracle of picture-in-picture, I'm watching E and ET on POP (I have no idea). Patricia Arquette looking not crazy in white and black. The hair is a little messy. At least, I think that was her--I always watch these things on mute and have no idea who most of the people are unless their names are shown on screen.

aradia22, as you've probably deduced, yes this is also where we discuss the red carpet.

What the hell, E? I am not here to listen to these randos speculating on nonsense that will be resolved in a couple of hours!

Patricia Arquette looks kind of matronly. I'm convinced Meryl Streep wore something similar at another show.

Is anyone watching the live feed on eonline.com too?  I just noticed that the penned in area for the fans uses that curved barbed wire fencing that prisons use too.  WTH.

It was nice that Patricia Arquette brought her sister Rosanna along.  It's probably been a while for her.

Edited by CofCinci

Loved the color of Anna Kendrick's dress. I'm one of those people who loves seeing color. Not that black dresses aren't beautiful, but it gets old after a while.

Red carpets are a lot like prom. For the most part everyone looks nice. But you can be one of the people who just looks nice or you can be someone who stands out.

Some chick with Arquette with yellow hair probably spent all day getting ready.  Her bra strap is showing.  She's going to be so bummed.

I hate when that happens.

Switching to eonline while I wait to get the remote back. What angle are you watching? Right now it's kind of ridiculous and terrible. Why are you showing the tops of the tents? Jeez, you should really be better at this by now.

The fashion cam isn't bad though I have no idea who these people are.

What's her face from Jane the Virgin looks nice in that color but the cut doesn't do much for her.

It makes her neck look shorter and her bust looks shapeless.

Awwww, that's adorable. That guy from Manhattan Love Story is there. (Yes, the intonation on that was just as condescending as you thought it was when you read it.)

Not sure that lipstick flatters Tegan or Sara. Do they have a song nominated... the one from The Lego Movie maybe?

I don't know who this lady in navy is but I love her making eyes at the camera trying to find the right angle.

• Love 1

I don't know who this lady in navy is but I love her making eyes at the camera trying to find the right angle.

She is a trip!  Her husband in the ballcap couldn't care less but she is literally eye-fucking each camera.

• Love 1

I like Josh Hutcherson's hairstyle on other guys but not on him. I like that classic Clark Gable/Gregory Peck look but it just makes him look more like a little action figure. Or Lego man. I think I just have Lego on the brain.

Is the girl in the sparkly silver dress that guy's daughter? I like it. 

I'm seeing a lot of red lipstick. And learning that everyone cannot pull off red lipstick.

Karolina Kurkova! Finally, someone I recognize! The dress is blah. What is it? Dior? Ralph Lauren?

Is the lady in the sparkly tuxedo jacket the one who writes those overwrought ballads?

Hi, Common! Watching the fashion cam is just like a game a spot the famous person.

Guys, when is Common going to show up on Empire?

I don't think I've seen any of the movies nominated this year. Even the animated ones.

Are these people writers? Producers? I don't know who else they'd just clump together so ignobly.

Just tuned in. What was Kelly thinking with her hair? Jane the Virgin's dress looks mumsy. Giuliana, please honey, get some help. You are going to kill yourself before your kid turns 5. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 1

I'm not a fan of the nude fabric with some kind of pattern on it. You know, when you can't tell if it's a sheer fabric or if it's just close to their skintone so they can look semi-naked. It's too dance-costume to me.

Not liking the gray on NPH but I'm sure he'll change during the show. Let's keep count!

Ooo, Jamie Chung is going for it. I don't think the color is as flattering as it could be but I kind of like the sparkle explosion.

Teal is my favorite color so I'm happy that it seems a little trendy because that means we might see more of it in stores.

Nothing is wowing me yet.  Faith Hill's was boring but OK from the front, but from the back it looked like she tried to stuff many sizes of potatoes into a sparkly bag.

Ana Kendrick looked good, but I wish it didn't have that built in sparkly collar, and she'd just worn a great necklace.  Loved the color and shape on her though.

It's really difficult to not define these women on the fashion cam by their relationships to their husbands when I don't even know who the hell their husbands are. 

I think those are the accountants with the votes. The woman is wearing that same navy dress that someone is apparently obligated to wear to every awards show but it looks nice.

E is just wasting our damn time starting half an hour early. Oh, the one whose sheer/nude top I was complaining about was Lorelei.

Watching e! Red carpet on TV and the fashion feed online, wish they had some commentary other than the cheesy music at least saying who everyone is

I'm just listening to Spotify with everything else on mute. Right now it's Tove Lo "My Gun."

UGH. Worst dress on the Fashion Cam right now. Terrible collar and shapeless maternity bell shape.

This seems like a good time to complain about Everything is Awesome again. Sure, it's catchy but it's the brainwashing song. It's the ignore everything that should be making you concerned about this oppressive totalitarian system song. Forget individuality in favor of working with the rest of the worker bees. 

Ugh. That whole movie is inconsistent.

I like Margot Robbie's dress because it reminds me of a dress I bought to play Juliet and then (idiotically) returned. I think it ages her too much though. It would be sexy on an older actress like Sharon Stone but it's too mature for her.

I like Faith Hill's dress. It's fine. 

All these fashion skyway cams are a complete bust because of the tents.  Why even bother?

Also, I can't be the only one that doesn't care about the tuxedos?  I prefer them to just be traditional.  Very few of the "takes" on them appeal to me.

So far this is the most boring red carpet I've ever watched, and I'm switching between POP and ABC.  Where are the big stars? 

I like Faith Hill's dress. It's fine

Did you see her from the back?

Agree, it's fine.  Not special.  Just fine.

Edited by Umbelina

I like Margot Robbie's dress because it reminds me of a dress I bought to play Juliet and then (idiotically) returned. I think it ages her too much though. It would be sexy on an older actress like Sharon Stone but it's too mature for her.

I would like her dress if it weren't for the sleeves.

The comedienne on the fashion cam... I think her name is Rachel or Amy. If you watched those shows where they used to get a bunch of people to offer commentary, you'd recognize her. Anyway, she looks cute. And her figure is fantastic.

So far this is the most boring red carpet I've ever watched, and I'm switching between POP and ABC.  Where are the big stars?

I really think they just started way too early to get more ratings dollars. I don't think people show up until later.

And they clearly knew they wouldn't have anyone to talk to which is why they have all these planned segments to waste time.

Oh, yay. They're doing a Sound of Music tribute. I wonder if they'll screw it up. Or rather, I wonder how badly they'll screw it up.

• Love 1

I thought The Lonely Island guys looked good. I cannot wait for "Everything is Awesome".

Giuliana and random speculating dude can go away. I do not need to hear anymore Oscar predictions. So is Giuliana going to interview anyone? Was she banned, because she acts so embarrassing when George Clooney is around.

• Love 1

Ooo, hello lady in the sparkly blue dress. Red carpets keep the sequin people in business.

Melanie Griffith looked great in her black dress but I thought she was Jane Fonda before I saw her daughter. I like the red on Dakota but that dress does nothing for her. The one shoulder with that cut just makes her look flat/like she's going to fall out the side.

So is Giuliana going to interview anyone? Was she banned, because she acts so embarrassing when George Clooney is around.

She's always embarrassing. My favorite is her usually only asking the women about clothes, husbands, babies, or frivolous things instead of what they're actually nominated for and then never knowing how to end a segment and basically ignoring people as they say goodbye to her.

• Love 1

Margo Robby (no idea) looks fantastic, as does Keven Hart (again, no idea)'s girlfriend.

First, sleek black with some sheering, Second, that simple tan dress that fit like a glove and didn't sparkle.

Edited by Umbelina

OOO, Laura Dern GOING FOR IT with the texture. I like it. It almost looks like metal. Kind of Game of Thrones. Don't like the ugly pendant necklace. That shit only works if it's the magical talisman of... Nope, I can't even pretend to make up a word.

• Love 1

For me, Margot Robbie will always be the lifeless robot from Pan Am. Yes, I did watch all the episodes of that terrible show. No, I don't know why.

Let's see if Dakota is any better at interviews than Kristen Stewart...

No! Damn it, Ryan. Always ruining my fun.

E! Why do you think I give a crap what Kelly Osborne has to say. Mute button PUSHED.

• Love 1

She's always embarrassing. My favorite is her usually only asking the women about clothes, husbands, babies, or frivolous things instead of what they're actually nominated for and then never knowing how to end a segment and basically ignoring people as they say goodbye to her.

I so agree, but you said it way better.

Not loving Kevin Hart's tux, but his wife looks gorgeous.

For me, Margot Robbie will always be the lifeless robot from Pan Am. Yes, I did watch all the episodes of that terrible show. No, I don't know why.

Me too, and that is why I do not get the hype about her.

Dakota Johnson seemed pretty dull. I do not love her dress or her ponytail. 

Ross is so annoying, but E! has a habit of hiring the annoying. Kelly and Ross are pretty useless. 

Mmmmmmmm....Eddie Redmayne. I know you will win and I love you, but I would love a Steve Carell or Benedict Cumberbatch upset.

Edited by Misslindsey