Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, ABay said:

Since Joan isn't around to ask "Who are you wearing? " I'm asking everyone "what are you wearing?" I am currently garbed in a torn teal-colored T shirt from Champion, grey sweat pants (well, shorts) from Just My Size, and comfy socks in a Fair Isles design.

Flip flops, shorts, and a big ole t shirt with some mystery stain on  it. And you are welcome for that visual

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ABay said:

Since Joan isn't around to ask "Who are you wearing? " I'm asking everyone "what are you wearing?" I am currently garbed in a torn teal-colored T shirt from Champion, grey sweat pants (well, shorts) from Just My Size, and comfy socks in a Fair Isles design from parts unknown.

Right now, jeans and a long sleeve t shirt. Showering soon and then I will be in my ducky pjs.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ABay said:

Since Joan isn't around to ask "Who are you wearing? " I'm asking everyone "what are you wearing?" I am currently garbed in a torn teal-colored T shirt from Champion, grey sweat pants (well, shorts) from Just My Size, and comfy socks in a Fair Isles design.

I'm wearing a faded red razorback tank, paired with blue and green plaid pajama bottoms. I am making a statement in that I am not wearing socks. My statement is, "cold feet". ;)

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ABay said:

I'm wearing a red scooped neck housedress with brown fuzzy bedroom slippers.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

What is this ridiculous food segment??? Jesus e! The celebrities aren't even going to eat the damn food.

Sure they do.  It is served after, at the Governor's Ball and many stop by to eat because they are starving! 

• Love 2

I am wearing my comfy nightgown and my cubic zirconia earrings. They are more gaudy than diamonds. They just suit my mood. We are opening the champagne when the Oscars start.

• Love 6

Is the all black Times Up campaign continuing for this show? I'm seeing a lot of black gowns but also some color... but those might be PR people or something. Impossible to tell with ABC's shite coverage.

1 minute ago, LakeGal said:

I am wearing my comfy nightgown and my cubic zirconia earrings. They are more gaudy than diamonds. They just suit my mood. We are opening the champagne when the Oscars start.

[/jealous] now I want champagne... and some zircs. I cant choose high heels or flips flops so I am going with platform flip flops

• Love 3

My ABC affiliate just showed a bunch of people at a local Oscar party. You know what, WTNH? I don't want to see that. You know what I would like to see? People at the ACTUAL Oscars. Jeez.

• Love 2

We had a couple of years where we had great Oscar parties. We'd have decorations, great food, games & prizes. After a few years I was the only one who still liked the Oscars. I miss those parties! I'm glad I have you guys to watch with, though.

• Love 3

I am wearing black pants (from Lands End), a purple t-shirt (clearance rack at JC Penney's), and a gray hoodie (LL Bean), with a light dusting of flour on the shirt since I just put a loaf of bread in the oven for a colleague who is recovering from surgery.  And I picked out the outfit myself!  No help from a stylist for me.  We're self-sufficient here in the Midwest.

My question to the group - who do you think will get the In Memoriam final spot?  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Neeners said:

We had a couple of years where we had great Oscar parties. We'd have decorations, great food, games & prizes. After a few years I was the only one who still liked the Oscars. I miss those parties! I'm glad I have you guys to watch with, though.

Woot I still get excited about stuff.

• Love 3
(edited)

No ABC coverage here in Mn -- local news right now.

Kelly Ripa???  Please.

I am wearing various versions of "loose clothes" and watching from my bed.

Bradley Whitford was in "The Post" too.

Edited by Thumper

Betty Gabriel looks gorgeous.  Her hair, dress, and makeup are beautiful.  Only thing I would change: just a bit too much cleavage.  She’s got a great bustline, just a little too much showing.

• Love 1

I see Ashley Judd in a purple gown. Very basic. It looks like the same shade of purple Natalie Portman wore when she won an award. (I think it was the Oscar but I don't remember.)

Mira Sorvino... meh. That's an ingenue fairy princess dress. She's not up for an award and she's not an ingenue so I don't get it. 

I guess the all black theme is off.