Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I was rooting for Hidden Fences. I heard good things about it ;)

Thank God, I can go to bed!

Okay, honestly, I keep making that same mistake because I kept thinking of it in terms of something like the glass ceiling.  

• Love 1

I wish they had an ensemble award, or a casting director award. I'd be hard put to give it between Hidden Figures or Moonlight for either.

And this is why they should give larger print envelopes to those who can't see well. How horrible!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

Interesting that Huffington Post just published an article on what would happen it the wrong name/movie was announced. (Exactly this, by the way)

3 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

How did his envelope have Emma Stone La La Land in it?

3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Warren knew something was wrong, that's why he didn't read it.

Why wouldn't he say something ?

• Love 3

If anyone watches Australias Next Top Model, this exact same thing happened in their season finale - the host announced the wrong winner and then awkwardly had to "take back" the title and give it to the runner-up. Was great fun.

This legit looks like a setup to create buzz and get retweets. Why would WB get the lead actress envelope? Why would there have been more than one?

I was looking down, was the guy who held up the card one of La La Land's producers?  So he happened to be looking at the card and noticed it wasn't his award to keep?

Or was that one of the accountants?

Regardless, and I am not at all blaming Warren, I am so disappointed for the Moonlight crew because they couldn't really enjoy the moment.

• Love 10

THEY SHOULD HAVE RE-DONE THE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR REAL.  And let the Moonlight crew come up in an excited, dignified way, not, "Stop screwing with us, we know this is not real."  What a disgrace. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Frost said:

OMG.  What a bizarre end to a fairly boring night.  I'm glad Warren had a good explanation.  But what a screw up!

But he didn't really seem apologetic which it wasn't his fault he got the wrong envelope but still Him and Faye should have stopped it.

• Love 4
Just now, Sugar said:

This legit looks like a setup to create buzz and get retweets. Why would WB get the lead actress envelope? Why would there have been more than one?

I hope not! That'd be a cruel setup for the La La Land people, unless they were in on it. Man, this was more awkward than a wedding I went to where the bride walked out. 

• Love 20