Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Halle's dress is so close to perfect but I'm not digging the paper shredder bottom.

I loved everything about it, but it probably would have been better served just falling down into filmy puddles.  

Best of the night for me, but I'm always a sucker for that beige, sparkly stuff.  I think it might be because I love all the 30s era type gowns.  

• Love 2

Best Actor time!  I'm actually curious to see how this plays out.

And... it's Casey.  I guess Denzel's SAG win was a rare fluke.  Now, the Afflecks and Damon have four Oscar amongst them.  They're taking over!

Again, I'm surprised the clip spoiled a pretty significant part of Manchester by the Sea.  And I'm amused that for Ryan Gosling's clip, they show the moment when the character is at his most dickishness.

• Love 2

Ok, I may have teared up a bit when older Affleck hugged the younger one. 

Congrats to him but...yeah, the lawsuits will be a reminder that he's not the greatest. 

Though in hindsight, Kimmel can mock Damon AGAIN for giving up the role for The Great Wall.

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, elle said:

If ever there was a time I would use this phrase it would be now.  Robbed!  Denzel was robbed!

That's how I felt about Russell Crowe the year Denzel won for Training Day.  

• Love 7