Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, fireice13 said:

Are they doing In Memoriam tonight? They haven't the past couple years from what I remember, after the year that they did some individual ones throughout the show and everyone just thought it was so depressing. 

They are. My girl Sara Bareilles is performing.

• Love 1
Just now, double-elvis said:

I lied when I said earlier when I had said I saw all the films because this was one I avoided!

This is me as well! I admit to not really being into superhero movies.

Another unpopular opinion is while I liked La La Land I did not like it as much as everyone else did. I preferred a lot of the other nominated films over it.

• Love 5

Well makeup and costumes pretty much screwed my oscar pool. Though I did put a Moonlight win for best picture so it was probably a bust anyway, but I really really want it to win.

I love musicals, and I liked La La Land. It just did not live up to the hype for me and I preferred so many of the other films instead.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 4
Just now, thuganomics85 said:

Man, that Rolodex commercial was inadvertently sad, due to having a clip of Bill Paxton from Titanic.  Still not over what happened. 

Same.  I was shocked to find out he was 61 and so sad that he passed away.  We love his movies so much.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, KaveDweller said:

No, but it doesn't live up to the hype either.

It was OK BUT underwhelming overall.  (I can't get City of Stars out of my head.) 

Taraji P Henson = when Cookie Lyon does couture.  LOVE. 

5 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Well makeup and costumes pretty much screwed my oscar pool. Though I did put a Moonlight win for best picture so it was probably a bust anyway, but I really really want it to win.

I love musicals, and I liked La La Land. It just did not live up to the hype for me and I preferred so many of the other films instead.

My husband, son and I do picks among ourselves of what we think will we win...not what we necessarily want to win. I am 0 for 3 so far. Oh well. I agree about La La Land. I liked it but my two favorites are Hidden Figures and Arrival.

edited to add I picked OJ so now I'm 1 for 4. Lol.

Edited by Eureka
  • Love 2

I can safely say this is the first time I've seen any of the nominated films in the Documentary Feature category before the awards ceremony...in fact, I've seen two of them.  And one of them won!

Edited by wallflower75
  • Love 3