Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Hell Yeah!  I can rest a bit easier now, because Mahershala Ali was the only "must win" for me.  As great as both Jeff Bridges and Dev Patel were, Mahershala is always amazing, and he was captivating in Moonlight.  A career making performance.  Also, I love that this means The Hunger Game franchise has four Oscar winners in it now (Jennifer Lawrence, Julianne Moore, Philip Seymour Hoffman.  At least the Academy got that one right!

• Love 4

Dancing intro was really fun. I think it's the horrifying drip of "breaking" news I've been on for the last month, but I almost got a little punch-drunk teary at the everyone-groovin' happy minute.

And it might be totally un-PC and unfair to what I assume to be other deserving nominees, but part of me hopes every minority nominee snags his or her award.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, ABay said:

OK, made it to the first ad break and I'm out. Watching TV in real time is too aggravating. I'll catch up in the morning. Enjoy the rest, folks, and good night.

I have a feeling this will last another 4 hours.  I'm bailing too.

Edited by Ohwell
typo