Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I keep seeing someone in the background wearing the most amazing shade of blue.  Must not be a nominee, since they haven't been interviewed. 

I saw Michael J. Fox and wife Tracy Pollan posing for photos and Tracy is wearing a dress in a beautiful shade of blue.  Maybe it was her.  The style was kind of traditional, but the color was very nice.

I liked the style of Emma Stone's and Nicole Kidman's dresses, but I would have loved them if they had been in brighter colors.  Or any color.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Nicole had just made a 'don't ignore my husband gesture' trying to bring him into the conversation before Robin did that so I think that it was fine.

I don't have a issue with Robin talking to him I just don't know why she was mentioning the ACMS there are like 10 different country music awards  and Nicole goes and stands by his side for thosending do they go and talk about her award nominations on them?

• Love 2

Fun fact! I remember when the Rock came into the WWF (as it was then) as Rocky Maivia, and he was AWFUL! The chants of "Die, Rocky, die!" were heartfelt. One heel turn and grabbing of the mike later and a star was born. Still one of the best on the mike ever, perfect give and take with the audience.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Sugar said:

I was totally making fun of the "When We Rise" commercials, but then I spotted Omar Little from The Wire, and goddamnit...now I'll probably have to watch.

It's getting great reviews, especially the young actors embodying the roles in the beginning of the mini-series.

• Love 1

It's so great to see Robin Roberts looking so healthy.  I wish I could say the same about her dress.  Don't like the color, or the fit, and hate those straps over the shoulders.  I think she would look good in something peach or coral.  Either color would do more for her than the gold, IMO. 

Edited by Calvada
verbs are important
  • Love 3

I know it's easy for me to do from my recliner with a chest full of cat, but I do have another complaint.  I hate Brie Larson's hairstyle.

I read that Charlize's earrings were 26 and 25 carats.  One of those could pay off all my credit cards.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, leighdear said:

For as much as Emma Stone's dress obviously cost, you'd think they give her a little bit in the boob department.  

Obviously Kirsten Dunst got everything that was available in the boob department. 

• Love 2