Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, Sugar said:

Not to be petty, but Chrissy Teigan's boobs look really low on her body; like she doesn't have proper support. And as someone who enjoys a good bra, this is really bothering me.

I thought exactly the same thing.  She needs a good bra.

5 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Matt Damon looks so small standing next to Strahan.

Heh I feel like most men will have this problem.

Isabelle Hubbert's dress looks like belted bedsheets.  Expensive bedsheets, but bedsheets nonetheless. 

I like how the Marie Claire editor said Isabelle's black nail polish was edgy.  No, honey, it's really not.

Oh ick I just saw Janelle Monae.  You guys were not kidding.

I actually like Janelle Monae's dress - it works for her style, which is very specific.

Dakota Johnson, on the other hand...I see dresses like that on sale for 2.99 at my local Salvation Army. Girls needs help.

• Love 3

Wow, Sting & Trudy Styler actually look their ages and are dressed very appropriately and classy!   But of course, they're music people,  not movie people.  *LOL*

1 minute ago, legaleagle53 said:

Especially since Meryl is REALLY going to be on the warpath tonight.

I hope she KILLS it!

Why isn't anybody wearing Christian Siriano?  I DEMAND he be represented!  I need to see something fierce!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, leighdear said:

I hope she KILLS it!

Oh, Meryl will bring it, all right.  Remember, she's not only going to be doing Trump v. Streep, Round 2.  She's also pissed off over being accused of dumping her dress designer at the last minute in favor of one that allegedly offered to pay her to wear his creation, which is something that she has said is against her personal policy.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Why isn't anybody wearing Christian Siriano?  I DEMAND he be represented!  I need to see something fierce!

Good point - he's really been killing the awards circuit the past couple of years, and I always perk up when I see someone wearing his work. There's still time!

• Love 2

The Hidden Figures Crew certainly brought it.

Janelle Monae's dress is very 2002 Halle Berry top meets circa 1500's Queen Elizabeth I bottom. I kinda dig it.

Kursten Dunst looks cool & beautiful

Taraj is looking Goddess gorgeous

and Octavia Spenser is looking sparkling lovely.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Oh, Meryl will bring it, all right.  Remember, she's not only going to be doing Trump v. Streep, Round 2.  She's also pissed off over being accused of dumping her dress designer at the last minute in favor of one that allegedly offered to pay her to wear his creation, which is something that she has said is against her personal policy.

Lagerfeld is old, so he'll probably forget all about it within a day.  

Alicia Vikander's dress is doing things to her chest that are unnatural.

I love Robin Roberts.  SHE should host.

Oh dear god Halle's hair!  Like I don't even have the proper words to say what it makes me think of.