Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

Aww Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas. I stopped watching Once Upon A Time but I am glad they are still together.

You sound astonished that any Hollywood marriage could possibly last longer than six months.  Ginny and Josh have been happily married for almost three years now and have two kids.

• Love 2

Jessica Biel's face and hair looked so plain!  Then Ryan asks her what she's doing; she says "I just finished blahblahblah on USA (?) network ...   so, that's exciting."

Crickets.

Ryan:" Yeah well that's great bye now!"  (Paraphrasing)

Felt bad for her.

Edited by Thumper
7 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Sorry, I don't think frizzy fake blondes belong in a hot pink Sari.

I'm not watching, but I recall reading that Dev would be bringing his mother as his date. That's probably her.

Mahershala was fantastic in Moonlight. Sadly, I remember him best fro The 4400.

I usually love Janelle Monae's fashion choices, but her dress is horrible. I do like her hair and headband.

Dakota Johnson looks like she stole her dress from Blanche Devereaux.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 4
Just now, Catgyrl said:

I'm not watching, but I recall reading that Dev would be bringing his mother as his date. That's probably her.

His mother is there, she's not the blonde in the pink sari.  His mom is a lovely Indian woman wearing a dark sari.  Oh her, it looks stunning.  

1 minute ago, leighdear said:

His mother is there, she's not the blonde in the pink sari.  His mom is a lovely Indian woman wearing a dark sari.  Oh her, it looks stunning.  

Oh, ok. Thank you! I'm in Hawaii, so it hasn't started here yet.

• Love 1

I recall reading that Dev would be bringing his mother as his date. That's probably her

The blonde seemed to be with the young man walking behind Dev, so maybe that was his brother and sister-in-law?

1 minute ago, Sugar said:

Nina Garcia on ABC looks like complete crap. Fashion editor my ass.

Nina lost her fashion cred when Project Runway moved to Lifetime.  She became a mouthpiece that just didn't care & got a bad crack habit.  *LOL*

• Love 1
Just now, Misslindsey said:

Giulianna Ranic looks more and more tan with every red carpet. I hate her blonde hair.

Funny. I thought she actually looked better then usual. Dare, I say healthier looking. That said, I don't have my glasses on. 

• Love 1

Isabelle Huppert is an amazing actor but she's been insufferable during this award's season press tour and had almost nothing to say during the Close Up With the Hollywood Reporter round table show that airs on Sundance.

I really want Ruth Negga to win for Loving instead of her.

Not to be petty, but Chrissy Teigan's boobs look really low on her body; like she doesn't have proper support. And as someone who enjoys a good bra, this is really bothering me.

Also, she is one of MANY who look like they did their hair themselves. There's "effortless" and "casual", and then there's oily, bedraggled, limp, flat, and sad - and many of these ladies fall into the latter categories.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, starri said:

Casey Affleck looks homeless.

I hate both he and Matt Damon because of a POS movie called "Gerry" which had to be one of the worst things I've ever seen; it came out in 2002 but I still remember how awful it was.

• Love 1