Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
thuganomics85

The Annual Academy Awards Topic

Ahhh, more dirty dishwater grey.  Lovely.  

ABC does have their coverage beginning at 7, so there is relief for those not wanting the chatter. 

So I just read this fact- please don't comment on it though. Wanted to give people more context as to who Karlie is.

ACLU ribbon on Karlie's hip. Her boyfriend is Jared Kushner's brother who attended the Women's March, he's Ivanka Trump's brother-in-law.

• Like 1

Wait, Rachel Ray? The cook? I don't get that. 

It was a segment on the Rachel Ray show that Lin's mom Luz had help from Stacy London to pick out her Academy Award dress. It aired sometime this past week on Rachel Ray's show. I have been a Lin fangirl since In the Heights. I know Lin will lose out to La La Land's City of Stars but I really wish he would win.

• Like 1

I heart Taraji so much but I had to stop watching Empire because of the regressive way they told Jamal's story and how they killed off the two queer women on the show.

I adore Sunny Pawar.

Like I say every time I see John Legend just sing "Nutmeg". He actually took me right out of La La Land when he appeared onscreen. I like him, but find Chrissy Teigen annoying.

Good for Karlie using her fame for something critical like the ACLU.  That makes me much less critical of her.  I hope we see more of those navy ribbons. 

• Like 2

WTF is Jessica Biel wearing?

I was wondering the same thing. I was just thinking I have liked most of the dresses that were being worn, but then she appeared.

Taraji looks amazing, and I loved her interview with Ryan- it's so nice when these silly things aren't just awkward banter or asking the celebs who they're wearing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ABay said:

Where is Octavia Spencer that you are seeing her and I am not?

ABC started coverage at 6. I watched them interview her.

Edited by ShadowHunter

It's too bad Jessica Biel's stylist ran out of time and couldn't finish her hair.

Seriously, my hair looks exactly like hers right now and I'm sitting on my couch in sweats.

• Like 8

If you haven't done so check out the first three seasons of Spooks aka MI5 in the US where David was one of the three lead actors. He's fabulous.

I know E! kisses up to celebrities, but why are they saying Jessica Biel's dress is gorgeous when she isn't even there to hear them.

I don't dislike her, but she has on the worst dress I've seen so far.

Edited by KaveDweller