Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Guys, why do the awards start at 8:30? I just realized this. I have work tomorrow. You know they're going to go an hour over or something ridiculous. 

(By the way, I have no idea why I'm particularly pissy tonight. I think it's a combination of listening to Fiona Apple right now and still recovering from being sick.)

I switched to ABC since E! has given up on getting interviews.

I am also watching ABC.  That was a pretty weird interview with Melanie and Dakota.  

Robin Roberts looks fab.

• Love 4

Spotify shuffle has switched to Lily Allen. Yeah, all this music is probably not helping me buy into the stupidity of this night. I should have really listened to something light and poppy. Be prepared for a super snarky version of me tonight.

• Love 1
Why am I watching Khloe Kardashian?

I don't mind it because she's the only one there who is offering up something other than "omg she looks AH-MAZING!!!!!". She actually is giving some commentary and isn't above giving (constructive) criticism. 

I feel like Kelly has worn her dress before. 

And Ryan really is the standard-bearer for the type of work he does. He really is a pro and it's obvious that he has a lot of good will among the celebs on the carpet.  I imagine that the constant interviews get really old (Granted..oh, the horror!), but they all seem to genuinely enjoy talking to him. 

I love Rosamund Pike's dress. But I'm not feeling the shoes. They seem to "informal" for the dress. 

And Chrissy Tiegen?  One of the absolutely best-dressed last year (LOVED her dress!), but the whole look this year is just way too much and doesn't look sophisticated in the least. 

Saw a photo of Jamie Chung on the red carpet, and I really like her look.  Felicity Jones' dress is doing weird things at the waistline and makes her look bigger than she is. 

Lupita's dress I think would look better if the neckline wasn't so bulky. The detail is beautiful and Lupita herself is gorgeous, but the neckline makes the dress look really "heavy" and I think makes the whole line of the dress more "boxy" than it should be.  

Edited by loriro

I want Anna Faris' dress and a Chris Pratt too!

Benedict Cumberbatch! Love him!

Is E! going to actual Red Carpet or are they going to give a critique of every dress on the red carpet?

Edited by Misslindsey

Is Chrissey Teigen pregnant? Looks like a baby bump in that dress.

Is E! going to actual Red Carpet or are they going to give a critique of every dress on the red carpet?

Last hour is exclusive to ABC.

Edited by biakbiak

She was annoyed at her mother for continuing to say that she hasn't watched 50 Shades, and doesn't want to.

Which still made her seem like rude, snotty, sour brat because it's clear her mom was just saying she's in no rush to watch her daughter in some movie about S&M. Somebody without a stick up their ass would tease her mom and have fun in the moment instead of basically looking like she was ready to stomp off away from her and like she was furious. Poor Lara Spencer who looked really uncomfortable.

Girl needs to check that attitude and check it quick. Her acting like she could give a shit enough to even remember where she was when the biggest movie of her career to date opened was ridiculous. I don't mean to be shallow but let's face it, looks-wise she's pretty basic and while she got some good reviews for 50 Shades, no one is declaring her the next great hype so she might want to check the attitude at the door before she's quickly kicked to the curb and forgotten.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 11

I know she's not nominated, so she's not obligated to give any interviews, but my favorite thing so far has been Cate Blanchett showing up, looking hot as shit and basically walking straight into the theater. Heh.

Dakota Johnson and Melanie Griffith made me LOL.

Edited by hardy har
  • Love 3

Is Chrissey Teigen pregnant? Looks like a baby bump in that dress.

I love her dress! That is my favorite so far. So I hope she is not just for the reason that I do not want to be so impressed by a maternity dress.

I consider myself lucky that I did not see Kartrashian. I mean. Really?

Cannot stand Kerry Washington. Never thought her fashion sense was great either.

Marion Cotillard's dress looks like my bedspread. With a black tape over it.

I'm thinking Lupita will have a sore bum tomorrow.
She says it's "actually quite comfortable" but come on, it's going to be like sitting on one of those massage seat covers for cars, the ones made of wooden beads.
  • Love 2

So far no one has really wowed me but there have been some good moments. Reese looks gorgeous but I wish her makeup was more wow. I'm realizing that's a big thing so far with the women. Rosamund too looks amazing, finally got it right this awards season, but I wished her face was more dramatic. She went with only a tiny pair of diamond earrings, the hair is pulled back and lips fairly nude so I love the dress on her but wished she'd done more with the face. Cate Blanchett also looked good.

I am not loving Lupita. I agree with the above that the front sort of looks heavy and makes it look slightly unattractive. Just saw J-Lo...ah J-Lo. Girl never nominated for anything, never starring in anything nominated but always ready and willing to be a presenter and showing up in the most dramatic gowns like she's the biggest damn star on the carpet. Bless her heart. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3