Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Marley said:

Tyler Perry seems like a good guy.

He randomly paid for groceries at stores in Atlanta during the pandemic.  I think he wanted it to be anonymous, but it got out. 

Never watched a single movie of his, but he really seems to want to do good. 

• Love 17
Just now, irisheyes said:

He randomly paid for groceries at stores in Atlanta during the pandemic.  I think he wanted it to be anonymous, but it got out. 

Never watched a single movie of his, but he really seems to want to do good. 

I know he's probably a good guy but I wish there were some way to make these lifetime achievement award segments less boring. They're always the worst part of the show.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I know he's probably a good guy but I wish there were some way to make these lifetime achievement award segments less boring. They're always the worst part of the show.

They're so obnoxious. Not him but everyone giving him the deep and meaninful standing ovation where they do their best to look moved by clapping really hard. It just comes off so fake.

• Love 2

Went against the pundits for Cinematography and was right. Mank was boring as fuck and took me like three tries to get through it. But as soon as I was done, I knew it'd win Production Design and Cinematography.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

Hopefully, it won't be posthumous.

No kidding! Especially she just turned 74. She's been in the business for 40 years, has been in dozens of great productions, and not one Oscar?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I know my attention has been drifting during this but I could swear they already gave a Hersholt Humanitarian award earlier tonight.

was wondering the same thing. and yet enough time for ‘in memoriam.’ but jon batiste just won, so i’m good.

3 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

Jon Batiste wins an Oscar!!!  This is all I've been waiting for this evening.  Yay!!!

And what a speech he made!   I didn't know I could love him more.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, susannah said:

No kidding! Especially she just turned 74. She's been in the business for 40 years, has been in dozens of great productions, and not one Oscar?

Well let's be honest, "Hillbilly Elegy" wasn't one of them...

• Love 8

Oh wow, had Leslie Odom Jr. for this one, although my favorite was the song from The Trial of the Chicago 7. Damn, go H.E.R. Girlfriend has been killing the last 2-3 years. 

eta: Damn, poor Diane Warren. Once again a bridesmaid - never a bride. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, susannah said:

I haven't seen it, but I didn't think she has ever done a bad performance? I could be wrong.

Oh she wasn't bad, she's seldom bad. The source material and its adaptation is what was questionable.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

The wrong hairstylist?

The hair is ... umm how to put this? Not doing her any favours?

It's her eyes, though... so dark and sunken looking. I hope she's well...

• Love 2