Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Another Round is on Hulu so glad I'll be able to watch it. I'm glad many of the movies were available to stream. I didn't bother to pay extra for the movies that weren't.  I'm not surprised to hear Mads Mikkelsen was good been a fan since Hannibal. Not surprised he wasn't nominated though.

I think Chadwick Boseman is winning Best Actor. 

Chloé Zhao seems to be a lock for Best Director.

Best Actress still feels up in the air. For Supporting Actress I would have replaced Jodie Foster with Glenn Close. That award feels up in the air as well.

I think Daniel Kaluuya is winning Supporting Actor but congratulations to Lakeith Stanfield for getting a nomination. I was not expecting that. 

• Love 1

I'm disappointed Regina King was snubbed. I thought this pandemic would be an opportunity for women directors to dominate the category since so many of the big movies were pushed but instead they found room for---Thomas Vinterberg. 

And yes, there were two nominated and that's good; I was hoping for three. 

Rooting for Chloe now.

• Love 2

Hollywood loves movies about Hollywood. Making one is an almost guarantee for awards.

I don't get how some things were eligible. They made changes for this year only to allow films that were intended for theatrical distribution and had to go to streaming. But some of the nominated movies were funded by and planned for streaming all along. Did they have a stealth run for technicalities?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Inquisitionist said:

That didn't quite make sense to me at first because I thought actors had to submit themselves in one category or the other.  But according to the rules:

There's even a protocol for what happens if the same actor/role meets the nomination threshold in both categories!

Thanks for sharing the official rules here. Interesting.
I'm sure others here know a lot of Oscar trivia, so it may not be necessary for me to mention this, but it really did happen one year and was the reason for a rule change! Barry Fitzgerald is the only actor to have received Leading and Supporting Actor nominations for the same performance in 1943's Going My Way. Voting rules were altered shortly after this occurred to prevent it from happening again. He won the Supporting Actor Oscar, with his co-star, Bing Crosby taking home the Oscar for Best Actor.

Personal opinions:
I am absolutely delighted that Lakeith Stanfield was nominated. I wasn't expecting that. He didn't seem to be in anyone's top five predictions and was not even mentioned as a dark horse. Great choice. Before this, I had Daniel Kaluuya as a lock for Supporting Actor. I wonder if this opens a path for a surprise win by Cohen, Odom or Raci.

I only wish Dominique Fishback could have snagged a Supporting Actress nomination.

I'm disappointed that Aaron Sorkin didn't get a Best Director nomination, especially after scoring one from the DGA.

I'm very pleased that "Hear My Voice" did grab a nomination for Best Original Song. I fell in love with it the first time I heard it and thought it had Oscar winner all over it, but then it missed out on some of the other awards' nominations and I began to think its time had passed. Glad it got a nod.

I don't think anyone should be sleeping on Andra Day in the Lead Actress category. JMO

I see that neither of the stage to screen adaptations got a Best Picture nod. I'm not all that surprised that Ma Rainey's Black Bottom wasn't nominated. That film was all about the actors, but I thought One Night in Miami did deserve a tip of the cap from Oscar. The acting was superb and its screenplay was recognized. I thought Regina King did a great job of making a stage play much more cinematic.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Hollywood loves movies about Hollywood. Making one is an almost guarantee for awards.

I don't get how some things were eligible. They made changes for this year only to allow films that were intended for theatrical distribution and had to go to streaming. But some of the nominated movies were funded by and planned for streaming all along. Did they have a stealth run for technicalities?

Streaming services like Netflix typically give their more prestigious films small releases in theaters, in order to make them eligible for the Oscars. This year they didn't have to.

• Love 1
On 3/15/2021 at 1:59 PM, blackwing said:

There are two main male characters and one of them would have to be considered the lead.  I would say it's Stanfield, since the story is more told from his point of view.

Even the title says it's told from his point of view!

28 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

See, I'm in the 'if Netflix is TV for the Emmys, it can't qualify for the Oscars' camp.

I''m in the 'if a tree falls in the forest' camp.

If a movie is made and and no one sees it, does it deserve an award.

But again, a hard position to defend in this year of all years because very little came out.  I can't really point to anything that was "robbed" of a nomination.  But I also think the Oscars this year don't really mean anything.

• Love 1

I've only seen Minari, which was excellent. I'm rooting for Steven Yeun and Yuh Jung Youn, but I don't expect either to win. Happy for Lakeith Stanfield. I love him.

The Oscars have said no to virtual attendance and that is not going over well:

Awards show ratings in the Covid era have been really bad, so the impulse to do something different is understandable. Still, there are a lot of internationally-based nominees, plus stars filming overseas in "bubble" situations who can't just fly in and out of Los Angeles next month. Among the ideas to work around this:

With producers eager to avoid Zoom thank you’s, there’s been a push to allow winners to pre-record speeches instead. But that comes with its own problems. There’s concern those speeches would appear flat, lacking the rush of excitement that comes with being declared a victor.  Also, talent and publicists fear the recordings of the losing nominees could leak online, making their clients look bad.

They could only tell the winners in advance, but then the other nominees would quickly work out that they'd lost and the news would probably get out before the show. The losing speeches leaking would be embarrassing/painful for the also-rans, but great for the internet...

So, Best Actress...                      Andra Day won the Golden Globe; Carey Mulligan won the Critics' Choice; and tonight, Viola Davis won the SAG. The prediction has been that Best Supporting Actress was the wide open race. After tonight, it sure seems as if Best Actress is wide open too!

Ironic that it's playing out this way because it certainly seems that both Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor are absolute locks for both Chadwick Boseman and Daniel Kaluuya, respectively.

Yeah Best Actress is all over the place this year. I honestly cannot off the top of my head remember a year that this was this topsy-turvy. There have been years where maybe two or three people in the category have a shot but by Oscar night, it's still somewhat clear who really has the shot to win. 

For example, the year Olivia Colman won, she and Glenn Close both won a Globe, because they were competing in different categories and then Glenn and Lady Gaga tied at the Critics, which made Glenn seem more like the lock and of course she won the SAG but Olivia won BAFTA. So by Oscar night most felt sure this was Glenn's to lose, though Olivia Colman's upset didn't seemingly come out of nowhere. 

Right now, come Oscar night, there would have been a different Best Actress winner for every one of the precursors - Andra Day won the Globe, Carey Mulligan won Critics Choice, Viola Davis just won SAG and neither of these three are nominated for BAFTA. The only ones nominated for the Oscar who also got a BAFTA nod are Frances McDormand and Vanessa Kirby. Hell at this point, I just think McDormand will take it and it will be the only one she wins. Watch Vanessa Kirby take BAFTA and so we'll end up having every single one of the nominees winning something with McDormand taking the big enchilada. 

I actually don't even think Supporting Actress is as wide open anymore. I think it's a two-woman race between Maria Bakalova and Youn Yuh-Jung, with the latter looking the strong contender for the win. 

(edited)

On 3/15/2021 at 3:07 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

See, I've always hated Oscars that were really lifetime achievement awards. I felt the same about Leonardo diCaprio getting an Oscar for one of his weakest films. His deserved an Oscar but not for the one he got it in. 

Agreed. Paul Newman should have won Best Actor for The Hustler or Cool Hand Luke

On 3/16/2021 at 11:38 PM, ParadoxLost said:

I can't really point to anything that was "robbed" of a nomination.  But I also think the Oscars this year don't really mean anything.

I can, but this is striclty my opinion. One Night in Miami should have been nominated for Best Director and Best Picture. 

Edited by Sarah 103
  • Love 3
On 4/5/2021 at 8:09 AM, truthaboutluv said:

Yeah Best Actress is all over the place this year. I honestly cannot off the top of my head remember a year that this was this topsy-turvy. There have been years where maybe two or three people in the category have a shot but by Oscar night, it's still somewhat clear who really has the shot to win. 

For example, the year Olivia Colman won, she and Glenn Close both won a Globe, because they were competing in different categories and then Glenn and Lady Gaga tied at the Critics, which made Glenn seem more like the lock and of course she won the SAG but Olivia won BAFTA. So by Oscar night most felt sure this was Glenn's to lose, though Olivia Colman's upset didn't seemingly come out of nowhere. 

Right now, come Oscar night, there would have been a different Best Actress winner for every one of the precursors - Andra Day won the Globe, Carey Mulligan won Critics Choice, Viola Davis just won SAG and neither of these three are nominated for BAFTA. The only ones nominated for the Oscar who also got a BAFTA nod are Frances McDormand and Vanessa Kirby. Hell at this point, I just think McDormand will take it and it will be the only one she wins. Watch Vanessa Kirby take BAFTA and so we'll end up having every single one of the nominees winning something with McDormand taking the big enchilada. 

I actually don't even think Supporting Actress is as wide open anymore. I think it's a two-woman race between Maria Bakalova and Youn Yuh-Jung, with the latter looking the strong contender for the win. 

I am not so sure about Andra Day.  Yes she won the Globe but there are like only 80 people that vote for that.  The Globes tend to reward newcomers or sometimes make interesting choices.

I am really wondering what winning the SAG indicates in terms of Viola's chances.  I would be thrilled if Viola wins.

If the Oscars follow the SAGs for the four acting awards, I will be happy.

• Love 1

I was kind of hoping this would be the year the AA's rethought their format. It always was the most boring Awards show, and it's going to be even more boring this year.

They really need to be more like the Tony's and Grammy's which mix awards with performances. Not sure how they can incorporate more performances into the show but the zoom GG's was deadly.

3 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I was kind of hoping this would be the year the AA's rethought their format. It always was the most boring Awards show, and it's going to be even more boring this year.

They really need to be more like the Tony's and Grammy's which mix awards with performances. Not sure how they can incorporate more performances into the show but the zoom GG's was deadly.

The Tonys and Grammys lend themselves perfectly to live performances. That's just not the case with the Oscars, with the possible exception of Best Original Song and even then, I'm just fine with all five nominees being condensed into a medley. Live performances at the Oscars have a history of being...not good. 

• Love 3

I just want the awards.  Give me a clip highlighting the nominees’ work (I actually like things like seeing a set designer’s drawing morph into the scene so that you can see what an amazing job they did) and let them speak.  Don’t give celebrities stilted banter that is almost never funny (For such talented actors, so very few can make those lines seem natural) or make me watch some stupid “we told the common folk they were coming to a movie and let them in here instead!  Aren’t we hilarious?!?” nonsense.  Stop with all the whining that you are hungry.  I always thought they should show the best original song as it was done for the movie.  If it only played while the credits roll, then show the credits.  My two cents.

• Love 5
On 4/10/2021 at 11:27 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

Every time the Oscars retool something it just makes it worse.  Expanding the number of nominations a decade ago  somehow managed to avoid reduce the number of films nominated that had a broader appeal and killed the buzz for the the nominated films at the same time because there are just so many of them.

They made the attempt to return to a more "Billy Crystal" style host with Neil Patrick Harris, when he had a lot of hosting cred from the Tony's, and that basically ended his hosting gigs.  I mean I've never seen an audience as lacking a sense of humor or joy since Ricky Martin captivated the Grammy TV audience while the live audience sat rigidly still.

And several have had twitter come for them.

No matter what the Academy Awards claim, I believe they don't have hosts anymore because they've gotten a reputation that there is too much career risk for hosting and they can't get anyone of a caliber they want so they go without.

I don't know what they could realistically do this year to fix it even if they tried given the lack of movies due to circumstances.

On 4/10/2021 at 11:36 PM, ProudMary said:

The Tonys and Grammys lend themselves perfectly to live performances. That's just not the case with the Oscars, with the possible exception of Best Original Song and even then, I'm just fine with all five nominees being condensed into a medley. Live performances at the Oscars have a history of being...not good. 

I don't think I agree with this.  I think everything has sucked about the Oscars for about a fifteen years. If you go back before that I think the Academy Awards were much better and included some pretty good lives performances.  But I'm of the mind that the Oscars have gone too indie.  That makes it harder to pick live performances the same way it makes it harder to draw an audience.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Every time the Oscars retool something it just makes it worse.  Expanding the number of nominations a decade ago  somehow managed to avoid reduce the number of films nominated that had a broader appeal and killed the buzz for the the nominated films at the same time because there are just so many of them.

They made the attempt to return to a more "Billy Crystal" style host with Neil Patrick Harris, when he had a lot of hosting cred from the Tony's, and that basically ended his hosting gigs.  I mean I've never seen an audience as lacking a sense of humor or joy since Ricky Martin captivated the Grammy TV audience while the live audience sat rigidly still.

And several have had twitter come for them.

No matter what the Academy Awards claim, I believe they don't have hosts anymore because they've gotten a reputation that there is too much career risk for hosting and they can't get anyone of a caliber they want so they go without.

This reminds me -- I will never forget the hatred Anne Hathaway and James Franco got for their Oscars hosting gig. 

But you picked up something about the Oscars -- I have no idea why everyone nowadays acts so sour and dour at the Oscars. They don't act this way at the Golden Globes, or SAGs. Maybe they're just exhausted after a long award season of campaigning. Maybe they haven't eaten for three months so they could fit into a dress.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

If you go back before that I think the Academy Awards were much better and included some pretty good lives performances.  But I'm of the mind that the Oscars have gone too indie.  That makes it harder to pick live performances the same way it makes it harder to draw an audience.

I found a lot to agree with in your post, but this quote in particular prompts a thought. The Oscars have lost the interest of many people because movies themselves began to play to such fractionated audiences. There have always been genres, but there used to be movies--which could come from just about any genre, really--that everyone wanted to go see. That ended well before the pandemic. With no movie that everyone wants to go see, it's not surprising that people view the Oscars as lower-stakes and less compelling than it used to be.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I will never forget the hatred Anne Hathaway and James Franco got for their Oscars hosting gig. 

Franco's downright apathy tainted that gig and it unfairly spilled over onto her.  With Anne, she never quite comes off as effortless but it especially stood out in contrast to Franco's "I will not give any effort whatsoever to this gig."   I think she would have been successful with a better co-host, like Hugh Jackman. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

But you picked up something about the Oscars -- I have no idea why everyone nowadays acts so sour and dour at the Oscars. They don't act this way at the Golden Globes, or SAGs. Maybe they're just exhausted after a long award season of campaigning. Maybe they haven't eaten for three months so they could fit into a dress.

I think it depends on the year.  Certain years have audiences that will barely clap, laugh at nothing, and just seem completely edgy.  I remember the 2006 audience (the year fucking Crash won) was really humorless, probably because they knew what was about to happen and were collectively grossed out at themselves. #conjecture  The 2015 audience (Birdman's year) was the same, although I would lay a lot of the blame at Harris's feet since I thought he was a surprisingly bad host.  On the other hand, the 2017 audience (Moonlight) seemed upbeat and game and stood up for everyone (except for shitbag Casey Affleck).  The 2009 audience (Slumdog Millionaire) was also having fun, probably because Hugh Jackman did such a great hosting job.  And then, individual wins like Olivia Colman and Bong Joon-ho/Parasite thrill the audiences.  It really just depends.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, NUguy514 said:

I think it depends on the year.  Certain years have audiences that will barely clap, laugh at nothing, and just seem completely edgy.  I remember the 2006 audience (the year fucking Crash won) was really humorless, probably because they knew what was about to happen and were collectively grossed out at themselves. #conjecture  The 2015 audience (Birdman's year) was the same, although I would lay a lot of the blame at Harris's feet since I thought he was a surprisingly bad host.  On the other hand, the 2017 audience (Moonlight) seemed upbeat and game and stood up for everyone (except for shitbag Casey Affleck).  The 2009 audience (Slumdog Millionaire) was also having fun, probably because Hugh Jackman did such a great hosting job.  And then, individual wins like Olivia Colman and Bong Joon-ho/Parasite thrill the audiences.  It really just depends.

Ugh, 2006 Academy Awards was the biggest wuzrobbed I can remember. Brokeback Mountain lost to CRASH. And Philip Seymour Hoffman is an amazing actor but Heath Ledger was absolutely unforgettable as Ennis. 

• Love 4

Brokeback Mountain got its revenge though; 15 years later the only time anyone ever mentions Crash is in the context of it robbing the Best Picture award from the former.

Personally I really liked the no-nonsense setup of the Oscars the last two years after the Academy finally gave up on finding a replacement for Kevin Hart. I want to see the nominees and the acceptance speeches, not Jimmy Kimmel or Neil Patrick Harris desperately trying to wring a laugh out of the audience.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Brokeback Mountain got its revenge though; 15 years later the only time anyone ever mentions Crash is in the context of it robbing the Best Picture award from the former.

Personally I really liked the no-nonsense setup of the Oscars the last two years after the Academy finally gave up on finding a replacement for Kevin Hart. I want to see the nominees and the acceptance speeches, not Jimmy Kimmel or Neil Patrick Harris desperately trying to wring a laugh out of the audience.

The other egregious "wuzrobbed" was Taxi Driver. It lost to Rocky, which is a nice enough movie but Taxi Driver might be one of the top 10 movies of all time.

1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

The other egregious "wuzrobbed" was Taxi Driver. It lost to Rocky, which is a nice enough movie but Taxi Driver might be one of the top 10 movies of all time.

Not unlike 2005/2006, the worst movie by a very significant margin won BP in 1976/1977.  Any of the other four winners would've been fantastic, yet the Academy collectively went with that facile piece of schmaltz.  Of course.

I've seen every Best Picture winner (and every Director, Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor, and Supporting Actress winner), and Rocky isn't at the very bottom (Crash, though, is dead last with Green Book just above it); it does, however, suffer greatly when compared to its fellow nominees.

10 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Not unlike 2005/2006, the worst movie by a very significant margin won BP in 1976/1977.  Any of the other four winners would've been fantastic, yet the Academy collectively went with that facile piece of schmaltz.  Of course.

I've seen every Best Picture winner (and every Director, Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor, and Supporting Actress winner), and Rocky isn't at the very bottom (Crash, though, is dead last with Green Book just above it); it does, however, suffer greatly when compared to its fellow nominees.

Yeah it's hard to fathom how the Academy had such strong candidates (Taxi Driver, All the President's Men, Network, and Bound for Glory) and chose Rocky. And that Marty Scorsese wasn't even nominated for Best Director in Taxi Driver.

Also Peter Finch was great in Network but Robert deNiro's Travis truly is one of the greatest screen portrayals of all time. I'm always shocked at how much I sympathize with Travis and that's de Niro's incredible acting.

On 4/14/2021 at 9:39 AM, Lady Whistleup said:

This reminds me -- I will never forget the hatred Anne Hathaway and James Franco got for their Oscars hosting gig. 

To be fair, I think the hatred was well deserved. James Franco was awful, and while Anne Hathaway tried, she could not make up for James Franco. 

On 4/14/2021 at 11:12 AM, Irlandesa said:

Franco's downright apathy tainted that gig and it unfairly spilled over onto her.  With Anne, she never quite comes off as effortless but it especially stood out in contrast to Franco's "I will not give any effort whatsoever to this gig."   I think she would have been successful with a better co-host, like Hugh Jackman. 

I agree. I thought that Anne Hathaway and Billy Crystal would have made fantastic co-hosts.

12 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

I am still annoyed that Black KKKlansman lost to Green Book for Best Picture. As movie, Green Book was okay, but nothing special. When I was watching Black KKKlansman, every 15-20 minutes I found myself thinking "wow, that's really interesting. I hadn't thought about that before." I think Black KKKlansman is more interesting, engaging story. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

I am still annoyed that Black KKKlansman lost to Green Book for Best Picture. As movie, Green Book was okay, but nothing special. When I was watching Black KKKlansman, every 15-20 minutes I found myself thinking "wow, that's really interesting. I hadn't thought about that before." I think Black KKKlansman is more interesting, engaging story.

I wanted Roma to win, but I also think The Favourite, BlacKkKlansman, and Black Panther would all have been fantastic winners.  But no, let's go with the completely facile movie about racism with a repugnant white guy as the fulcrum instead.  I do, however, appreciate how totally grossed out Julia Roberts was (and failed at trying to hide) when she announced it as the winner.

Edited by NUguy514
  • Love 1
On 4/13/2021 at 11:49 PM, ParadoxLost said:

I think there would be people that would be interested, particularly people that don't necessarily care what people think about them.  I think Whoopi Goldberg, Chris Rock, and Seth McFarlane would host again if asked.

[quote]I don't think I agree with this.  I think everything has sucked about the Oscars for about a fifteen years. If you go back before that I think the Academy Awards were much better and included some pretty good lives performances.  But I'm of the mind that the Oscars have gone too indie.  That makes it harder to pick live performances the same way it makes it harder to draw an audience.[/quote]

I agree that I think the Oscars are too indie nowadays.  The increase in the number of Best Picture nominees was supposed to increase the possibility to include more movies that appealed to a general audience, ones that I would call "popcorn movies".  But off the top of my head, what was a true box office smash that has gotten nominated for BP within the past 15 years?  Black Panther, Avatar, Toy Story 3, Up.  Not that many.

When was the last time a truly popular movie won Best Picture?  I think it's been years.  But back in the 90s and early 2000s it seemed to happen all the time (or perhaps I have misjudged their popularity given the years).  Forrest Gump.  Braveheart.  Gladiator.  Titanic.  Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.  Chicago.  Nowadays it seems all the BP winners are artsy movies or "message" movies.

I guess definition of "box office smash" or "popular" movie varies... but when was the last time someone in a "popular" movie was nominated for Best Actress?  Sigourney for "Aliens" and Kate Winslet for "Titanic"?  Others?

I am curious about the ratings for the Oscars this year as some people (especially those with no access to streaming services) may not even have seen any of the nominated movies this year.

• Love 1

I was thinking about all the different awards the Oscars gives out and it makes me wonder how long before technology makes some of them irrelevant. Like in Avengers Endgame, instead of actually making the time travel suits they put everyone in fancy motion capture suits and did it with CG. If more and more movies do that what does a best costumes Oscar mean? Same with production design, a show like the Mandalorian doesn't really have sets just a big room covered in LED screen with graphics on it to look like a set.

Even the hair & makeup Oscar. CGI can age or de-age people. And I was watching the Wandavision behind the scenes, and they don't even do makeup for Vision's head anymore. Paul Bettany just wears a head covering thing and the look for Vision is added digitally. 

For all these things if stuff like this is more and more common do they adapt these awards somehow or just eliminate them?

On 4/16/2021 at 11:30 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

Lady Gaga in A Star is Born was a pretty popular movie. Sandra Bullock in Gravity. Natalie Portman in Black Swan.

They were popular at the time but I don't hear much about Black Swan or Gravity anymore. I still hear people sometimes talk about Aliens though. 

• Love 2

Happy "Husavik" Day! May not only the best song, but the only nominee

- actually used in its movie

- that's pivotal to the plot and key to its themes

- that has to be believable as a specific thing (a Eurovision song) and good in its own right--and pulls it off

win!

• Love 5
13 hours ago, TheOtherOne said:

Happy "Husavik" Day! May not only the best song, but the only nominee

- actually used in its movie

- that's pivotal to the plot and key to its themes

- that has to be believable as a specific thing (a Eurovision song) and good in its own right--and pulls it off

win!

Guess I'll need to watch this movie. I've actually been to Húsavík. 😀

Edited by eelpout

Looking forward to tonight - does anyone know if E have the pre show rights? I haven’t kept up til closely with how this will work but assuming since the other awards had a degree of pre show red carpet this will too.

24 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

Looking forward to tonight - does anyone know if E have the pre show rights? I haven’t kept up til closely with how this will work but assuming since the other awards had a degree of pre show red carpet this will too.

E! Has the rights the usual 2 hour show. ABC will show stuff as well.

Edited by ShadowHunter

It doesn't look like E! are on the Red Carpet though? This ABC preshow is pretty boring so far.

Oh ignore me, I'm watching this awkward interview with G and a Diane Warren.

Edited by Avabelle
10 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

It doesn't look like E! are on the Red Carpet though? This ABC preshow is pretty boring so far.

Her Interview with Paul Raci was better. He was rocking the heavy metal lol.

ABC just Interviewed Lee Issac Chung. Nice seeing people in person again.

17 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

I think the red carpet just looks so different because there are less people on it. I am not sure how many media outlets were given access, but usually it is wall to wall with various reporters.