Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

I've seen the argument that Renee has more pull than Glenn Close.  How??  I mean, Glenn's picture is in the dictionary under the word "overdue."  Renee Zellweger just took a self-imposed break from acting, and she's already got an Oscar.  I don't get that argument.

I think it's more like Renee Zellwegger is more willing to do the grunt work of hustling for an Oscar. Glenn Close does theater work and is fairly low key. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

Jane Fonda is here and I'm sure she knows how to read a card properly (I kid, Warren!  I know it wasn't all your fault!)

To be fair, he didn't say it.  Faye snatched the card from him and read it.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

"Films that made the greatest impact of the year."

The Avengers: "Are we jokes to you?" (No, I don't think Endgame was better than most of these films, but it is hard to deny the impact it had in 2019.)

It made a shit ton more money than all the nominated movies combined, that's for sure.

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TVFan17 said:

The Academy Museum, which Tom Hanks was just talking about, is in my neck of the woods -- and its opening has been delayed and delayed and delayed over the last couple of years.  December of this year, after the previous delays, is crazy.  It should be opening next month, after all this time!

I saw it under construction when I was visiting a friend in LA last year. I keep asking “So is it opening soon?” (she has some reason to know—I’m not just asking randomly 🤣) and I was shocked to hear the news that it’s not opening until December! That better be one amazing museum 🤣

• Love 2