Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, bmoore4026 said:

SCORSESE DIDN'T WIN!  SCORSESE DIDN'T WIN!  **** IT, SCORSESE, YOU MARVEL HATING JACKASS!!!

Yeah, when they gave him the standing ovation, I was like, "Nice moment, but that doesn't change the fact that THE IRISHMAN is cruising for a shutout".

42 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I'm watching this commercial for a show about Aretha Franklin and Cynthia Erivo is playing her.  I thought Aretha wanted Jennifer Hudson to play her.

And why is a British woman playing two iconic American women, in particular Harriet Tubman?  I can't believe they couldn't find black American actresses for those roles.

Especially a British woman who feels a 'certain way' about African-Americans, even though African-Americans are have given her a great career.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

Do you think...now hear me out...do you think there's a chance that Parasite will win Best Picture??  Or do you think this will be another time where they split Director/Picture?  *fingers crossed*

Yes, I think there is a good chance.

Just now, wallflower75 said:

Do you think...now hear me out...do you think there's a chance that Parasite will win Best Picture??  Or do you think this will be another time where they split Director/Picture?  *fingers crossed*

Don’t know yet but everyone was expecting the split to be Mendes for directing and Parasite for picture so who knows what’s going to happen. 

Mendes is no doubt happy he already has one. 

1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

I hope so! I was resigned to Sam Mendes winning Director and just hoping for the best for BP because he won all precursors, but this is something else!!!

Just now, bmoore4026 said:

I wish they wouldn't applaud

Honestly.  There's no need to turn it into a popularity contest, which is what essentially happens when some people get loads of applause while there's silence for others.  Just applaud for everyone at the end.

• Love 13

Seems like they're rushing through the In Memoriam this year.

And I could do without Billie Eilish singing "Yesterday".  Actually, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they just had a nice instrumental piece instead of any performer.

• Love 16